Book 2 - Page 4

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 - Page 4

Postby balder » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:47 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 - Page 4

Postby seans23 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:51 pm

oh man I've got lucky timing today. Awesome. I'll assume that was Parson's idea.

I cannot wait until Wednesday!
seans23
Tool + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Scipion » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:52 pm

Whooooo! Go Jack you dirty pimp ^ _^
I think seeing the real units might loosen Ossomers slacks a little.

edit; we're posting backwards in time again!
Scipion

Postby Yucca » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:56 pm

Wanda does not look good in a 'fro.

Looks like book 2 might not feature Jetstone as heavily as some thought. Although I imagine that the brothers might stick around.
Yucca

Postby tez » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:57 pm

Either Ansoms brother is hella dumb or decrypting made Ansom smarter, I have no idea.

edit: whoa this is weird
Last edited by tez on Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tez

Postby LeGrenade » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:57 pm

Brilliant
LeGrenade

Postby BoopingCynic » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:58 pm

Max stack of flyers tricking Jetstone into blunder? Classic great strategy :lol:. Parson must feel proud.
And Wanda's 'fro is awful :shock:.
Last panel is avatar material :).
Here lies a toppled God\
His fall was not a small one\
We did but build his pedestal\
A narrow and a tall one.
~ Tlielaxu Epigram ~
BoopingCynic

Postby Carlan » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:58 pm

I like the Bride of Frankenstein look there, but I can't help but wonder who that is. There's no sourmander eyebrows or 'Pliers there.

edit: oh hey, there's the 'Pliers. It is Wanda.
Last edited by Carlan on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carlan

Postby Spot » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:01 pm

Well, they thought that they knew their enemy almost as well as they knew themselves, because he was their brother.

What they didn't know, or what they didn't realize the full implications of, is that their brother is under Wanda's control, and Wanda is smart enough to listen to Parson's advice, and Parson is most definitely not their brother.

So, in the end, their commitment to holding that bridge hex will be greatly rewarded. It will pay off with eternal life as a Decrypted alongside their brother.

:mrgreen:
Spot

Postby Ytaker » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:03 pm

Haha, awesome. This is why the comic is so good, over text. You couldn't have that sudden, oh golly, they have all those troops there with a standard update. That was amazing.

"Dispel the veil! Archons fly, casters and warlords, mount up!"

I love it.
Ytaker
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Dr Quest DFA » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:04 pm

Awesome art with the de-veiling. I have a feeling that a lot of Jetstone pants will need cleaning now (assuming they don't vanish like the rest of the Jetstone field units when Ansom seizes the Capital). Looks like overconfidence runs pretty thick in Jetstone blood.

I guess Ansom didn't use the air raid to get as far as he did into Jetstone territory, but the traditional ground pounding. Good to see he learned from his past mistakes and, I am guessing, got PArson;s blessing for this attack. Should be interesting to see how Jetstone reacts since, presuming it is GK's turn, they should not be able to withdraw to the Capital. Can't wait for the next installment :D

Also, who else thinks the second to last panel would make great wall paper?

Finally, looks like Ansom WANTED casters for his initial push to GK but was denied. Good to see he wasn't so stupid before of neglecting the benefit of casters.
Dr Quest DFA
Tool + YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:04 pm

Nice mention to the Bride of Frankenstein.

Also, why does nobody credit Ansom with some tactical talent? He did come up with the DDR dance fight schtick.

Dr Quest DFA wrote:Should be interesting to see how Jetstone reacts since, presuming it is GK's turn, they should not be able to withdraw to the Capital. Can't wait for the next installment :D

This is correct. In fact if this were a known turn-based system I would call it a major win. Obviously Ossomer was NOT counting on Ansom to bring quite as much as he did, valuable pieces will be lost etc.

So I am a bit worried that a lame-boop maneuver is on the horizon with Jillian coming to the rescue of Jetstone. Now would be a really good time for her to show up, story-wise. However, how that would fit in the turn-based mechanic, considering Jillian isn't even in the near hexes (she should be visible then) I dunno.
Last edited by BLANDCorporatio on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby (name here) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:06 pm

I suspect that Jetstone has a backup plan for air attack, since even if everything was exactly what they thought it was, they'd still be at risk of air attack from any force of dwagons or archons in flight range.
Last edited by (name here) on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(name here)

Postby Erev » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:06 pm

Tactical blunder says ye? Talk about an 'oh BOOP' moment for Tramennis and Ossomer.

And Jack is awesome, between the expression and the corny magic eight ball staff. He pulls it off well.

I don't know what it is, but something about the dwagons seems off. It might just be the odd facial expression though - or the fact that they all have the same little frown going minus the green. The artwork overall is superb though.

Now, the big question is - will he break through the hex and start a huge battle? Or simply fly around and capture the city with archons and dwagons?
Erev

Postby AstralFire » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:08 pm

As someone said in the chat:

[13:04] <Emerald> Pretty good snap-countersnap in the latest erf.
Up the Ante.

A webcomic by AstralFire and Domochevsky.
AstralFire

Postby ShieldOfAthena » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:08 pm

Carlan wrote:I like the Bride of Frankenstein look there, but I can't help but wonder who that is. There's no sourmander eyebrows or 'Pliers there.
The pliers are right there... that is Wanda.

Assume Ossomer isn't very clever, Charlie is, and his intel is good. Maybe Charlie anticipated this plan and Jillian is going to fly to the rescue in saving Jetstone, but she didn't tell T.V. about it. Which is why Vinny can't come.
ShieldOfAthena
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Yucca » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:10 pm

(name here) wrote:I suspect that Jetstone has a backup plan for air attack, since even if everything was exactly what they thought it was, they'd still be at risk of air attack from any force of dwagons or archons in flight rand.

Not if they A) thought they had enough intel on the army Ansom brought and B) thought they knew Ansom well enough.

Ossomer thought he had already made the perfect counter move against Ansom's plan. Obviously he won't be completely without air defenses, but I'd say Jetstone has a significant problem on its hands.
Last edited by Yucca on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yucca

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:10 pm

ShieldOfAthena wrote:Assume Ossomer isn't very clever, Charlie is, and his intel is good. Maybe Charlie anticipated this plan and Jillian is going to fly to the rescue in saving Jetstone, but she didn't tell T.V. about it. Which is why Vinny can't come.

I agree with your intuition, and would like to say here loudly that if Jillian attacks the GK forces now (as in, on GK's turn) that would be lame.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Glory of Arioch » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:11 pm

I'd like to see a full shot of Jack in his veiled armor kit. That looked cool.

So Gobwin Knob is committing all its fliers to attacking Jetstone? That's gonna leave GK's capital awfully open to a Jillian sortie...
Glory of Arioch

Postby Anton Gaist » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:13 pm

I knew it, those siege towers were terrible strategy. But a veil? That I didn't expect.

So that's were he'd hid the dwagons!
Gentlemen, I like war.
I like trench war, I like Blitzkrieg, I like the offensive, I like the defensive.
I truly love each and every kind of war man can wage on a tabletop game.
Anton Gaist

Next

Return to Reactions