Might do some Erfworld 3d stuff, if you're interested.

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Might do some Erfworld 3d stuff, if you're interested.

Postby Mask » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:22 pm

Right, so I'm a 3d game art student (portfolio: http://www.psykonaut.com) and I'm leaving my home country for an internship in belgium this week, and in it I'm leaving my Better Computer. What I'm bringing with me is basically a Netbook, so I will not be able to work on advanced stuff on it in my spare time, if I indeed will be able to do anything at all.

IF it's possible for me to get the software running in some manner I'll pretty much be limited to something along the lines of Warcraft 3/Torchlight models, so I figured I might as well make some Erfworld stuff that you guys could use if you ever felt like going down the 3d road. ( Someone mentioned Total War somewhere, and I think that the "Turnbased 2d Strategy with 3d Real-time battles" would fit well).

I figured I'd start with:
Gobwin: Stabber, piker
Spidew
Dwagon

Human footsoldier: Stabber, piker
Battle Bear
Gwiffon

I figured that these would do for a start, then there'd be two sides with four roughly equvalent units in terms of function. I figured that I'd avoid character units to begin with at least, like casters and warlords and their derivate units (like uncroaked).

Now, the reason I post is mainly to see if there would be any interest in me making these sorts of assets, and also to see what the hypothetical second batch of models should be?
Mask

Re: Might do some Erfworld 3d stuff, if you're interested.

Postby Crovius » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:14 pm

Hypothetical second batch:
Gobwin mounted on Spidew
Twoll

Marbit Stabber
Human solider mounted on Gwiffon

It'd be awesome just to see the units.
Crovius

Postby Mask » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:05 pm

Forgot all about the Marbits. We've only seen them as stabbers so far, haven't we?
Twolls are also a must. Only reason I didn't put them in the first batch was that I couldn't really find a good opposite for them. Sourmanders or something, perhaps.

Regarding mounted units, I'm thinking that it would probably be easiest just to have a little guy in a "mounted" pose and attach them to a point on the spidew or Gwiffon in question. That's a programming schitck, of course, but in that case I can re-use animations for all roughly same-sized models, like Men and Gobwins and Uncroaked, etc.
Mask

Postby Trilby » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:12 pm

Mask wrote:Forgot all about the Marbits. We've only seen them as stabbers so far, haven't we?

And Axemen... the first one remember? also, battle bear models are siege, and spidews cavalry... maybe instead of bears, one of the purple things (see my avatar, right infront of the bear, theres a purple lizard).

EDIT: I would love to see the battle bears though. Maybe add a siege unit to Gobwin knobs side? All we have seen to those effects are siege towers...
Last edited by Trilby on Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am Trilby the Haberdasher, Master-Class Hattamancer,
Trilby

Postby DevilDan » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:29 pm

The lizard is a Sourmander, Trilby.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby Firkraag » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:19 pm

I mentioned Total War... And yes, the more advanced the game, the more trouble you get into by modding it... The work on your site looks awesome, good luck with Erf-people :)

Also, since you want suggestions, what I'd really want to see is a Knight In Stanley's Service... :D
Lord Firkraag, player character
Conqueror of Europe, Middle-Earth, Erathia, Myth, Faerun, Old World.
Level 10 Undead Necromancer with 12 Artifacts

Acherusis
a Neverwinter Nights 2 adventure
by Lord Firkraag
Firkraag

Postby Crovius » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:50 pm

And a Dwagon
Crovius

Return to Your Games