Book 2 – Page 6

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 6

Postby Dancing Cthulhu » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:21 am

Ytaker wrote:Maybe not the shape. But you could definitely work out the size, anything weird about them, and such. I asked her what she'd do if she saw a naked woman dancing in front of her. So yeah.

I'd agree on size, and maybe rough shape, but I guess it would depend on the "deformities".

Jack explicitly says that he was on hand when someone smarter (Parson) invented it. Parson saw the sex appeal of the archons. He then thought of a tactical use for it. Others don't know about it, as Parson invented it. That suggests it's not a normal tactic from the rule book, not a magic with some recognizable effect, but just a rule abuse- archons are attractive because they're based off Charlie's angels, soldiers are weak willed and like to look at boobs, so that non magical effect can be used without expending any juice, and from a hex away.

Zak3056 addressed the plan part.

And page 7 seems to clear a lot of this up - Jetstone's forces, or at least some of the more canny ones, are fully aware of what a flash mob is and what it does. We can see what look like actual flashes of light, and indeed nothing at all can be seen in the hex the flash mob is covering, and as troops leave it they become visible again (in this case the illusory ones). It seems magic is definitely an aspect of the flash mob.
And so my time with the Tardy Elves draws to a close, and I am let to ponder how the experience will... eh, I'll finish later. No need to rush.
Dancing Cthulhu

Postby Darkside007 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:49 am

MarbitChow wrote:
Which is why I'm trying to figure out what the assumptions are.

We see the bats using "Scouting" as an ability (VInnie looking through their eyes). But we see Jillian 'scouting' by moving through hexes and sending reports. Scouting is a magical ability, and it also is a mundane action.

Aye. It's explained as 'Natural Thinkamancy' in one of the Klogs; units don't actually return and report back.

MarbitChow wrote:We see Twolls using "Fabrication" (special ability), but we're also pretty sure that, given basic materials, Parson could 'fabricate' something.

Which, IIRC, is Natural Dollamancy.

MarbitChow wrote:So the real question, which it doesn't look like we're ever going to settle conclusively, is whether the Flash Mob is "Shocking", or just shocking / distracting; also whether the Archons are "Stunning", or just *stunning*. :D

The answer, of course, is all 4. xD
Darkside007

Postby nerf-dweller » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:42 pm

I posted this in the Page 7 thread, but it's applicable here too.

People are over-thinking and analysing things. We all should know now that Rob deals in PnP for wrtting Erfworld (Puns and Parallels) Erfworld has weird parallels with Earth. Book 1, Page 11, Panel 4 shows Maggie casting a spell to counteract Parson's fatigue. She said 'Ephedra' to cast it. Ephedrine in our world is commonly used as a stimulant which can counter fatigue. When Sizemore went to rescue of Wanda after she had been zonked during the siege of GK, Sizemore did a 'Pull my Finger' to make a golum explode. 'Pull my finger' is a oft (overused) fark joke on Earth. The Archon's Flash Mob showing their, um, assets to the opposing hex was simply a somatic component of the spell/ability.

And the Dittomancer may have "Doubled his pleasure." to "Double his fun". And perhaps he was seeing things in double.

(Sorry couldn't resist. :D )
nerf-dweller

Previous

Return to Reactions