Book 2 – Page 7

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 7

Postby noxharrington » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:56 pm

Darkside007 wrote:Now then, you've said that you've already been convinced, and that you're just poking holes in people's arguments. Or, to rephrase, you are simply playing logic games.

I, for one, am really looking forward to hearing that these two things are not equivalent. Won't that be fun for us all? Let this debate rage forever, I say.
noxharrington

Postby robak » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:03 pm

´We have heard that uncroaked casters are nothing but infantry, while uncroaked archons retain their abilities (Flight for sure, uncertain whether or not the uncroaked in TBfGK have used their shock and other spell-like abilities. But to me that says they're not casters and we cannot be certain what decrypting would do to casters.
robak

Postby MonteCristo » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:12 pm

robak wrote:´We have heard that uncroaked casters are nothing but infantry, while uncroaked archons retain their abilities (Flight for sure, uncertain whether or not the uncroaked in TBfGK have used their shock and other spell-like abilities. But to me that says they're not casters and we cannot be certain what decrypting would do to casters.

While we can't be 100% certain until it actually happens, i put the chances of them retaining their powers at like 90% certainty.
Simple fact of the matter is that the Decrypted have MUCH more in common with living units than they do with uncroaked.
Hell, one of the points behind the decrypted is so far that it is a change without any real drawbacks; as Ansom puts it, it is an example of a higher expression... this would not be true if casters lost their powers
MonteCristo
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby robak » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:14 pm

I agree, I would suspect decrypted casters to retain their power but there's no real pointer either way in canon.
robak

Postby OneHugeTuck » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:26 pm

On the topic of duplication and dittomancy.

'Double your pleasure, double your fun.'

Twins.

One that looks just like the other.

Distinctly different than ghosted doubles or recognizable differences.

Twins.
OneHugeTuck
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Ytaker » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:02 pm

So, like, sex with two twins? Could be interesting sexually, I guess. Sorta weird to ask an old man to make you a sex toy though.
Ytaker
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby JustDoug » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:06 pm

Oberon wrote:I'm barfing though, on other points. Apparently it's completely normal to refer to a hex the person you are conversing with is standing in as "that hex" and pointing over their shoulder. This just sucks on so many levels, as it is abnormal beyond belief. The casters were in the hex with Tram and Ossom, there was no reason at all for the pointing and asking. "In your hex?" would have been fine, as would several other possible expressions. But pointing behind the princes and saying "that hex?" simply makes no sense. Poor writing.

Relativity, Erfworld style. You're not in that hex; you're in this hex. They're in that hex. It's not bad writing or even ungrammatical. It's idiomatic speech.
JustDoug

Postby OneHugeTuck » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:51 pm

Oberon wrote:I'm barfing though, on other points. Apparently it's completely normal to refer to a hex the person you are conversing with is standing in as "that hex" and pointing over their shoulder. This just sucks on so many levels, as it is abnormal beyond belief. The casters were in the hex with Tram and Ossom, there was no reason at all for the pointing and asking. "In your hex?" would have been fine, as would several other possible expressions. But pointing behind the princes and saying "that hex?" simply makes no sense. Poor writing.

You mean, you -think- that the casters were in the same hex.

"I'm in your hex?" would be odd, since Erfworlders know what hex they're in.
OneHugeTuck
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby OneHugeTuck » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:55 pm

Ytaker wrote:So, like, sex with two twins? Could be interesting sexually, I guess. Sorta weird to ask an old man to make you a sex toy though.

I was talking about the ossamer/tremanis dittomancer topic, but I like how you think.

Really, you think it's weird to ask an old man to make you a sex toy? Who would it not be weird to ask to do that?
OneHugeTuck
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:07 pm

OneHugeTuck wrote:Really, you think it's weird to ask an old man to make you a sex toy? Who would it not be weird to ask to do that?

Your mom.

That would zoom right past wierd and crash into pathological.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Ytaker » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:51 pm

OneHugeTuck wrote:
Ytaker wrote:So, like, sex with two twins? Could be interesting sexually, I guess. Sorta weird to ask an old man to make you a sex toy though.

I was talking about the ossamer/tremanis dittomancer topic, but I like how you think.

Really, you think it's weird to ask an old man to make you a sex toy? Who would it not be weird to ask to do that?

Ah. I assumed that the main focus was double your pleasure double your fun.

Someone sexually attractive. BLANDCorporatio has offered one suggestion.
Ytaker

Postby OneHugeTuck » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:05 am

Ytaker wrote:
OneHugeTuck wrote:

Ah. I assumed that the main focus was double your pleasure double your fun.

Someone sexually attractive. BLANDCorporatio has offered one suggestion.

Oh yeah, she'd be cool with that. She's right handy at welding and metalwork. Might not turn out to well, what with the metal and all....

If BC thinks my mom is attractive....well, to each his own I guess.
OneHugeTuck
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Dr Pepper » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:55 am

OneHugeTuck wrote:

You mean, you -think- that the casters were in the same hex.

"I'm in your hex?" would be odd, since Erfworlders know what hex they're in.

were in ur hex engajin ur stax
Read, like there won't be a movie
Game, like the die rolls don't matter
Filk, like everyone is tone deaf anyway

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .4
Dr Pepper

Postby Sixty » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:19 am

Did the "this hex/that hex"" crap actually make it into this topic as well? Or has this topic gone on so long that this IS the topic where that started? I think I'm confusing myself more.
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby HandofShadows » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:24 am

Um you folks ARE familiar with "Double your plesaure, double you fun" being a advertising slogan for Doublemint Gum, right?
HandofShadows

Postby Ytaker » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:31 am

HandofShadows wrote:Um you folks ARE familiar with "Double your plesaure, double you fun" being a advertising slogan for Doublemint Gum, right?

yeah plus, a pair of twins, often quite sexually attractive, acted as the advertisement for it, which is why it's relevant as a reference to women.
Ytaker

Postby JustDoug » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:33 am

HandofShadows wrote:Um you folks ARE familiar with "Double your plesaure, double you fun" being a advertising slogan for Doublemint Gum, right?

Wrigley would understand it immediately.
JustDoug

Postby Lothmar » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:01 pm

Even if a decrypted caster loses its ability to actually cast im fairly certain a unit with that knowledge and background (since they retain all thier memmories) would be an incredibly useful advisor / teacher. Im fairly certain parson/sizemore would love to have the unit recalled if statwise it was not worth more then common infantry.
Lothmar

Postby nerf-dweller » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:43 pm

JustDoug wrote:

I think you have named the Dittomancer. That now seems so perfect. "Wrigley"
nerf-dweller

Postby Lord Kasavin » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:24 pm

nerf-dweller wrote:
JustDoug wrote:

I think you have named the Dittomancer. That now seems so perfect. "Wrigley"

Unfortunately, the name was given to a Unaroyal infantryman who died at Warchalking during the Summer Updates. This particular update was such a hit that the name now has a "sacredness" about it.

I'm going to throw out (for fun) the name Caleb Major (see if anyone gets that reference).
"Act, and God will Act." - Joan of Arc

"Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt." - Thomas Moore
Lord Kasavin

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions