Book 2 – Page 8

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 8

Postby Updog » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:06 pm

GobwinPie wrote:
KiltedNinja wrote:wow... nuts, (un)expected turn of events here.. Poor Jack :/

..And did anyone notice the dying decrypted archon (with the PCP) is the same chick with the grey hair who's face we didn't see last time? AND NOW WE'LL NEVER SEE HER FACE!!!!

Of course not. Facelessness and wearing red shirts are the leading causes of nameless character death.

(name here) wrote:So, Wanda, what have you learned about not listening to parson?

Or assuming that you HAVE listened to Parson, not double-checking, AND not listening to Ansom either. After all, Ansom was right about this plan, wasn't he?

I like what you did here
Updog

Postby mmg » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:01 am

Regarding the identity of the unknown Jetstone warlord: Tennis terms + gray hair + that particular nose makes me think John McEnroe.
mmg

Postby ZePlasma » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:09 am

teratorn wrote:
ZePlasma wrote:Its possible hes useing foolamancy and there really is no arrow in him
The displacement drops when he is hit. He's injured.

My point was that he could be using foolamancy so good that he wasnt actually hit... and they are still veiled but he created yet more illusions to make it seem that they were hit, I doubt this is actually the case but its possible
ZePlasma

Postby karma0745 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:40 am

Haha I love how decrypted Archons die by turning into "Angel Dust". Haha PCP! Classic.
karma0745

Postby Justyn » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:13 am

karma0745 wrote:Haha I love how decrypted Archons die by turning into "Angel Dust". Haha PCP! Classic.

Now I get it!
If I am acting as a mod, you will know it.
Justyn
Tool + YOTD + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby fjolnir » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:33 am

While Jack is one of my favorite charecters a part of me hopes he gets captured here so we can find out the answer to one of the bigger questions of the series, Why are Faq's Casters so Loyal to Stanley?
fjolnir

Postby crazyguy_co » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:32 am

ZePlasma wrote:
My point was that he could be using foolamancy so good that he wasnt actually hit... and they are still veiled but he created yet more illusions to make it seem that they were hit, I doubt this is actually the case but its possible

To repeat-

It. Is. Not. A. Veil.

It follows different rules, and anythign we know about veils is irrelevant to this spell.
crazyguy_co

Postby Godsire » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:43 am

mmg wrote:Regarding the identity of the unknown Jetstone warlord: Tennis terms + gray hair + that particular nose makes me think John McEnroe.

You might very well be right :) Well spotted if it is so.
Godsire

Postby Goshen » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:51 am

This battle is far from over. Wanda may yet get away with one of the princes, although at some cost and great risk. Great update. I like how leaders' stats oblige them to take the front line in battle.

I must be juvenile, because I still snicker at Ossimer's battle-diaper. It looks like he's more comfortable crouching because the iron crotch is so over-built.
Goshen

Postby The Minx » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:38 pm

Infidel wrote:Thufir Hawat there seems rather quick on the uptake. Seeing one archon down already doesn't make things look good for the team. I would have expected them to still be expending their actions against the false images rather than turning around so quickly.

Are we sure that the archon is actually killed? Isn't that her to the right in the last frame (hair looks exactly the same)?
The Minx

Postby the_tick_rules » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:30 pm

Looks like one archon bought it at least. Hope team Wanda picks it up next comic.
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
the_tick_rules

Postby MonteCristo » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:59 pm

The Minx wrote:
Infidel wrote:Thufir Hawat there seems rather quick on the uptake. Seeing one archon down already doesn't make things look good for the team. I would have expected them to still be expending their actions against the false images rather than turning around so quickly.

Are we sure that the archon is actually killed? Isn't that her to the right in the last frame (hair looks exactly the same)?

Its not...the archon on the left seems to have blond hair, and i think that might be the net she's holding, not hair.... next to her the archon has red hair, and the final archon is wearing a different outfit
MonteCristo
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:01 pm

the_tick_rules wrote:Looks like one archon bought it at least. Hope team Wanda picks it up next comic.

I just hope next comic will still be about this particular battle. Remember, there's Stanley's war room, then Jillian, also the Caesar side-story ... so many places to switch perspective to for a "meanwhile" thing.

Of course, a perspective switch is unlikely, but I fear them and wear a tinfoil hat.

EDIT: oh wow. Apparently there was some truth in my tinfoil hat.

EDIT 2: Actually, this maneuver of doing text updates from a different perspective than the current run of comic pages makes an insane amount of sense.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Sixty » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:31 pm

crazyguy_co wrote:
ZePlasma wrote:

To repeat-

It. Is. Not. A. Veil.

It follows different rules, and anythign we know about veils is irrelevant to this spell.

Technically he could possibly be casting a veil of the displacement going down, he is considered incredibly talented. I don't think he is, but it's possible.
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Django » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:09 am

Updog wrote:
GobwinPie wrote:
KiltedNinja wrote:wow... nuts, (un)expected turn of events here.. Poor Jack :/

..And did anyone notice the dying decrypted archon (with the PCP) is the same chick with the grey hair who's face we didn't see last time? AND NOW WE'LL NEVER SEE HER FACE!!!!

I know this is very late, but i had problems logging in for the first time.

Did anyone notice the Archon killed is one of the two net carrier Archons and that one of them is now left holding the net... You can see it as she is one of the two grey haired archons but she has a hat, the other does not.

Of course one of the other Archons can probably assist in capture, but this might take too much time, flying there grabbing hold of the net so that a second volley of Arrows could be fired.

I therefore see this as a sign that no capturing will be done. My prediction.
Django

Postby build6 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:46 pm

I gotta say, I'm liking Tramennis more and more. The way he first made his entrance, he seemed a bit like the stereotypical "spoiled fop" ... but it turns out that whatever his mannerisms are, he knows what he's doing
build6

Postby DevilDan » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:47 pm

build6 wrote:I gotta say, I'm liking Tramennis more and more. The way he first made his entrance, he seemed a bit like the stereotypical "spoiled fop" ... but it turns out that whatever his mannerisms are, he knows what he's doing

It's lateral thinking that's going to allow anyone to try to make a stand against GK and Parson.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Previous

Return to Reactions