Tool ID

Something not look right? Please explain in detail.

Tool ID

Postby RebelWulf » Mon May 04, 2009 7:11 am

Hi, i set up my Tool account before i made a forum account (using the same name: RebelWulf) but couldn't sign into the forum using that ID after the payment accepted email came through to my email account.

I then proceeded to register RebelWulf on the forum as i thought that maybe it would need me to create an account before it would update my forum status to be a Tool, But it doesnt seem to have done so?

Did i boop something up?
"I Booped her right in the Booping Parking lot!"
"... You gotta be Booping kidding me? BOOP YEAH!"
RebelWulf

Re: Tool ID

Postby harknell » Mon May 04, 2009 7:32 am

Hi, You didn't make any mistakes. We're running through the subscriptions now and should have them all processed soon. It's not an easy process since 3 accounts need to be made for all subscribers. In your case we'll simply update your existing account with the proper info once we get to it. So you should be fine soon. Check back over the course of today, and once you see you have your tool rank here on the forum you'll then be able to log into erfworld.com and also the store site using the same username. Note thought you'll need to reset your passwords on the store and erfworld.com though to gain access to them, we don't know your forum password so we create generic ones.
Webmaster for the comic Stupid and Insane Defenders Against Chaos: http://www.onezumi.com
Webmaster for the comic Erfworld: http://www.erfworld.com
harknell
Site Admin

Postby RebelWulf » Mon May 04, 2009 8:36 am

Brilliant, Thanks!
RebelWulf

Postby RebelWulf » Sun May 17, 2009 7:53 am

Ok, the newb hat goes back on.

How do i sign in to the toolbox? i cant find it anywhere.
RebelWulf

Postby SteveMB » Sun May 17, 2009 8:05 am

RebelWulf wrote:Ok, the newb hat goes back on.

How do i sign in to the toolbox? i cant find it anywhere.

It's at http://www.erfworld.com/toolbox/
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Archaic » Fri May 29, 2009 7:58 pm

harknell wrote:Hi, You didn't make any mistakes. We're running through the subscriptions now and should have them all processed soon. It's not an easy process since 3 accounts need to be made for all subscribers. In your case we'll simply update your existing account with the proper info once we get to it. So you should be fine soon. Check back over the course of today, and once you see you have your tool rank here on the forum you'll then be able to log into erfworld.com and also the store site using the same username. Note thought you'll need to reset your passwords on the store and erfworld.com though to gain access to them, we don't know your forum password so we create generic ones.

Given that you're doing this as a manual process, might I suggest that you put up a notice about this on the Become a Tool page? Right now, it gives the impression of being an automatic process (if a forums account is already setup with the correct name), which obviously isn't the case.
Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos
Archaic
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Amplify » Sat May 30, 2009 5:06 am

Typically, how long does this manual process take? I signed up for a year on the 28th, wasn't expecting it to take this long.
Amplify

Postby Archaic » Sat May 30, 2009 10:19 am

Amplify wrote:Typically, how long does this manual process take? I signed up for a year on the 28th, wasn't expecting it to take this long.

I was wondering that myself actually, though I registered a little more recently than you.
Archaic
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby harknell » Sat May 30, 2009 12:51 pm

hi guys, we're finding that paypal is glitching and not sending out notification emails for every sign up. So we're trying to go through and match up things for who hasn't had an account set up. If it is more than 48 hours since you signed up and you still can't access your accounts please use the erfworld.com contact form (on the tool sign up page) to contact us.
Webmaster for the comic Stupid and Insane Defenders Against Chaos: http://www.onezumi.com
harknell
Site Admin

Postby Amplify » Sat May 30, 2009 4:27 pm

harknell wrote:hi guys, we're finding that paypal is glitching and not sending out notification emails for every sign up. So we're trying to go through and match up things for who hasn't had an account set up. If it is more than 48 hours since you signed up and you still can't access your accounts please use the erfworld.com contact form (on the tool sign up page) to contact us.

Did yesterday, waiting on a reply.
Amplify

Postby Archaic » Sat May 30, 2009 7:06 pm

harknell wrote:hi guys, we're finding that paypal is glitching and not sending out notification emails for every sign up. So we're trying to go through and match up things for who hasn't had an account set up. If it is more than 48 hours since you signed up and you still can't access your accounts please use the erfworld.com contact form (on the tool sign up page) to contact us.

Done.

From memory of when I used to ask for donations on my own site, Paypal by default will only send out a notification for the first payment you receive, and won't notify you of any more payments until your next login. There should be a settings to change that though, or at least there used to be.
Archaic
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Amplify » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:28 am

Sent another contact form out, I hope this one garners me a response :(
Amplify

Postby harknell » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:20 am

Hi Sorry for the delays. I was away for the weekend and that screwed up communication. We'll get things fixed today.
harknell
Site Admin

Postby aardvarkDuquesne » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:15 pm

I had the same problem yesterday -- signed up as a Tool and paid via PayPal before creating my forum ID, because the "Become a Tool" page heavily implies that when you're a Tool you're a Tool all the way, including having a forum ID magically created during the Tool-ification process. Now there appears to be no evidence whatsoever that I am, in fact, a Tool -- except $33 absent from my checking account :-(

Anyhoo, this does not reduce my appreciation for Erfworld one bit. Just makes me wish the site's Webmancers could get this under control.

aardvarkD
aardvarkDuquesne

Postby harknell » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:26 pm

Hi, the system in place currently is manual while we are working out the automatic process. As such there is a bit of a delay between sign up and actual account creation. It is optional for Tools to create forum accounts and store accounts in advance of sign up, if they aren't made in advance by the Tool they'll be made when your accounts are all set up. That being said, it does speed up the process of account validation if a forum account and store account already exists before you do your paypal subscription payment (it also prevents sniping of your tool id, since anyone can create forum accounts and *could* steal your requested id before we make your account). Anyway, so we'll do it all for you if you want, but it's probably a good idea to at least make a forum account first with your desired Tool ID. We will be adding a new FAQ page soon to detail this out for greater clarity.
harknell
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports