Brainstorm for Dwagons names

Words in a line. All fanfic goes here, Erfworld or otherwise.

Brainstorm for Dwagons names

Postby CelebrenIthil » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:07 pm

(Sorry but I truly couldn't find which section would be the most appropriate so I settled on posting here. Mods can move this as they see fit)

I need your creative help fellow erfworld readers.
I preordered Dwagon plushies and I'd like to give them a set of names that'd fit together.

At first I was thinking of getting just the Red, Blue and Purple ones and initially brainstormed for them. (names related to their elements, colors, gems...) Then I thought about:
Red > Kelvin
Blue > Ampere or Watt
Purple > Hertz or Decibel
(those are the names of units of measurement related to their "elements")

I liked that, but then my girly, all the colors of the rainbows are awesome, dragon-loving sides made me cave in and I ordered the whole set.
I'd like to keep the measurement units thing going but I'm a bit at loss at what could the Green (poison gas, right?), Pink (Bubble gum!) and Yellow (....poo...) could have as fitting names.
Maaaybe Newton for the Yellow since gravity is somehow involved in his *cough* method of attack.
((Note there is no Grey Dwagon plushie in the set))

Any clever/better ideas?
Not necessarily about the measurement unit, shoot away if you think of something!
My Dwagons!
Red: Kelvin Yellow: Newton Green: Langmuir Blue: Ampere Purple: Decibel Pink: Pascal
build6 wrote:It's true, we're all gay for Tramennis, even if we're straight :-)
CelebrenIthil
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Re: Brainstorm for Dwagons names

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:23 am

Yellow could be Candle or Lumen, if you want the measurements thing.

If Green is associated with gas, then you have a choice between Pascal or, why not, Avogadro. Yes, it's a measure.

No idea for Pink yet.

But why would purple be Hertz?

Spoiler: show
Oh wait ... Purple Heart => Purple Herz. Makes some sense.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Gez » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:45 am

Yellow: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poise - unit of viscosity
Pink: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bar_(unit), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal_(unit) or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torr - units of gas pressure used notably for balloons, tires, etc.
Green: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Langmuir_(unit) - unit of exposure to gas (in a physical sense, not a medical diagnostic sense, but close enough)
Last edited by Gez on Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gez

Postby CelebrenIthil » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:58 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Yellow could be Candle or Lumen, if you want the measurements thing.

If Green is associated with gas, then you have a choice between Pascal or, why not, Avogadro. Yes, it's a measure.

No idea for Pink yet.

But why would purple be Hertz?

Spoiler: show
Oh wait ... Purple Heart => Purple Herz. Makes some sense.

Actually, it's because the Purple dwagon has sonic attacks > Hertz. It's not specific to sound but sound is made of waves/frequencies so I deemed it fitting.

Aah, the constant of Avogadro. I remember that from my chemistry classes. XD Hmm, Pascal maybe...
About yellow, it's using "acidic battle crap" and I don't think it involves light...
But thanks! :D

Gez wrote:Yellow: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poise - unit of viscosity
Pink: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bar_(unit), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal_(unit) or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torr - units of gas pressure used notably for balloons, tires, etc.
Green: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Langmuir_(unit) - unit of exposure to gas (in a physical sense, not a medical diagnostic sense, but close enough)

Hahaha, this is neat, good finds!
I'm thinking Poise could find for the pink one too, thinking about the viscosity of the gum-like substance. Anyways nice!

It's all very good ideas.

(Question: you guys can think of another unit besides the ph that's be fitting about acids? (Ph wouldn't make a great name methinks XD ))
My Dwagons!
Red: Kelvin Yellow: Newton Green: Langmuir Blue: Ampere Purple: Decibel Pink: Pascal
CelebrenIthil

Postby brooklyn » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:13 pm

I googled "measuring acidity" and I got this link at the top http://www.grapestompers.com/articles/m ... cidity.htm

- "titratable" is the closest I've seen to a full word that was relavent to the actually acidity...

also: The pH scale shows how strong an acid or alkali is so Alkali?

s'all I got! do what ya want.
brooklyn

Postby CelebrenIthil » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:40 pm

brooklyn wrote:I googled "measuring acidity" and I got this link at the top http://www.grapestompers.com/articles/m ... cidity.htm

- "titratable" is the closest I've seen to a full word that was relavent to the actually acidity...

also: The pH scale shows how strong an acid or alkali is so Alkali?

s'all I got! do what ya want.

Thank you! :D Yeah, seems like there is not much need besides the ph for acidity-measuring units.
Might keep it on the viscosity or gravity side then.

All of this is great help, everyone. :3
My Dwagons!
CelebrenIthil

Postby Dr Pepper » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:01 pm

Never mind the pH scale. Call the pink ones Topps, after the bubble gum brand.
Read, like there won't be a movie
Game, like the die rolls don't matter
Filk, like everyone is tone deaf anyway

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .4
Dr Pepper

Postby krtng28 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:25 pm

How about if you relate the green dwagon to earth rather than acid? It may give you a few more options there.
krtng28

Postby CelebrenIthil » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:38 pm

Dr Pepper wrote:Never mind the pH scale. Call the pink ones Topps, after the bubble gum brand.

Hahah, I do not know this brand. :3

krtng28 wrote:How about if you relate the green dwagon to earth rather than acid? It may give you a few more options there.

Actually acid was more for the yellow one (literally secretes "acidic battle crap"). Green is the only one I am not sure of the attack but I think it's poison gas.(Maybe I should check on the wiki, but maybe it's only speculation even there.)
I dunno how it'd be related to Earth tough. ._.

EDIT: Yeah, gas it is.
My Dwagons!
CelebrenIthil

Postby jabbersocky » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:10 pm

The green's gases seem to be flammable (When combined with the reds attacks it obliterated a siege tower.) so I was thinking Alessandro Giuseppe Antonio Anastasio Volta would be appropriate. He's the guy who discovered methane.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alessandro_Volta
My life for Jetstone!
Her vorpal blade went snicker-snack! as she croaked every dwagon in the stack.
jabbersocky

Postby brooklyn » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:20 pm

jabbersocky wrote:Alessandro Giuseppe Antonio Anastasio Volta

longest......plushie name........EVARRRRR! do it! :P
brooklyn

Postby CelebrenIthil » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:25 pm

jabbersocky wrote:The green's gases seem to be flammable (When combined with the reds attacks it obliterated a siege tower.) so I was thinking Alessandro Giuseppe Antonio Anastasio Volta would be appropriate. He's the guy who discovered methane.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alessandro_Volta

Wasn't that the guy that made the battery, hence the "Volt" measurement unit? Not that he might not have discovered methane too.
Anyways, his name itself it wouldn't quite fit with the others since I go for measurement units. Volt works, but that would go to the electrical Blue Dwagon.
Thanks tough! :D

brooklyn wrote:
jabbersocky wrote:Alessandro Giuseppe Antonio Anastasio Volta

longest......plushie name........EVARRRRR! do it! :P

Count Alessandro Giuseppe Antonio Anastasio Volta
And yes omg. Not that it isn't hilarious, but I'm past the age I played with my plushies everyday. I'll probably forget a name like that after a few weeks. XD
My Dwagons!
CelebrenIthil

Postby Gilthans » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:14 am

How about naming the green dwagon Curie, after the radioactivity units?
I mean, poison gas is a little general here, in ancient times radioactive elements were considered just poisonous because they didn't know the difference. I think it'd be pretty awesome if green dwagons actually breathed radioactive clouds.

Edit: looking at comic #50, it seems the gasses aren't flammable, which fits with the radioactive cloud theory, since most radioactive elements aren't flammable.

Edit #2: Congratulations on getting the plushies! I wish I could have them too. They look so awesome. Don't forget to post pictures when you get them!
Gilthans

Postby Wisp Wings » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:33 am

For the yellow-

pH stands for powers of hydrogen, and is measured by the negitive of a log of the concentraction of Hydrogen ions in a solution. The problem is that hydrogen ions do not actually exist in solution and bond with water molecules to form what is known as hydronium ions- three hydrogen atoms and an oxygen ion less an electron. All I'm saying is that you could call it "Hydronium", but you may feel that this sounds too watery. You could always put them in a line with yellow second and call it "Number 2", or go with "Kilos" or some mass measurement because that's what really makes the difference for Yellows.

Edit: Congratualtions.
Also, I'm looking forward to them making Gwiffon or Gobwin plushies
Avatar is an one of Charlie's Archrons from the Erfworld Webcomic. May the Titans bless thee and Croak thy enemys.
Wisp Wings

Postby Kaed » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:52 pm

Chlorine would be a fitting name for the green dragon :B

And Swirlie perhaps for the yellow. It both relates to toilet related events and references the design of their 'breath' weapon. xD

... Has no one mention Wrigley for the pink?
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby CelebrenIthil » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:55 pm

Gilthans wrote:How about naming the green dwagon Curie, after the radioactivity units?
I mean, poison gas is a little general here, in ancient times radioactive elements were considered just poisonous because they didn't know the difference. I think it'd be pretty awesome if green dwagons actually breathed radioactive clouds.

Edit: looking at comic #50, it seems the gasses aren't flammable, which fits with the radioactive cloud theory, since most radioactive elements aren't flammable.

Edit #2: Congratulations on getting the plushies! I wish I could have them too. They look so awesome. Don't forget to post pictures when you get them!

Hahah, indeed, glowy green attacks reminds of radioactivity. XD We'd really need some Word of the Titans on this.
Also, thank you! It's my very first time buying any derived products from a Webcomic I follow! Erfword really is my favorite now, past even The Order of the Stick and my long-time favorite (but now a bit out of breath) 8-bit Theater. I literally can't wait for the updates here.
AND THEY MADE DRAGONS (actually dwagons) PLUSHIES. OF ALL COLORS. MY WEAKNESS. CLEVER PEOPLE.
The current 10$ a piece strikes me as an amazing price for their looks and quality too, I hope you can get one! <3

Wisp Wings wrote:For the yellow-

pH stands for powers of hydrogen, and is measured by the negitive of a log of the concentraction of Hydrogen ions in a solution. The problem is that hydrogen ions do not actually exist in solution and bond with water molecules to form what is known as hydronium ions- three hydrogen atoms and an oxygen ion less an electron. All I'm saying is that you could call it "Hydronium", but you may feel that this sounds too watery. You could always put them in a line with yellow second and call it "Number 2", or go with "Kilos" or some mass measurement because that's what really makes the difference for Yellows.

Hahah, yeah Hydronium would clash a little, especially since I'm getting pretty certain I'll pick the measurement unit names- thus pretty much all some scientists' family names. :3
(Kilos. Oh sweet bajeebus. Picturing their attacks, then weight.... it's really disturbing. I DO NOT want to suffer a yellow dwagon attack. (weaker type maybe, but dang that's so nasty... and also, it inflicts psychological damage too.))

Kaed wrote:Chlorine would be a fitting name for the green dragon :B

And Swirlie perhaps for the yellow. It both relates to toilet related events and references the design of their 'breath' weapon. xD

Nice, but I think I'm gonna choose measurement units for names. Some people have come with really good choices, I just need to make up my mind. XD

Anyways, I'm not too keen on bubblegum brands. I liked the Bubbleicious when I was a kid...and that's pretty much it. XD
My Dwagons!
CelebrenIthil

Postby CelebrenIthil » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:11 pm

CelebrenIthil wrote:
Gilthans wrote:How about naming the green dwagon Curie, after the radioactivity units?

Hahah, indeed, glowy green attacks reminds of radioactivity. XD We'd really need some Word of the Titans on this.
Also, thank you! It's my very first time buying any derived products from a Webcomic I follow! Erfword really is my favorite now, past even The Order of the Stick and my long-time favorite (but now a bit out of breath) 8-bit Theater. I literally can't wait for the updates here.
AND THEY MADE DRAGONS (actually dwagons) PLUSHIES. OF ALL COLORS. MY WEAKNESS. CLEVER PEOPLE.
The current 10$ a piece strikes me as an amazing price for their looks and quality too, I hope you can get one! <3

Wisp Wings wrote:For the yellow-

Hahah, yeah Hydronium would clash a little, especially since I'm getting pretty certain I'll pick the measurement unit names- thus pretty much all some scientists' family names. :3
(Kilos. Oh sweet bajeebus. Picturing their attacks, then weight.... it's really disturbing. I DO NOT want to suffer a yellow dwagon attack. (weaker type maybe, but dang that's so nasty... and also, it inflicts psychological damage too.))

And thank you too. I can picture Gwiffons as plushies very well. That'd be a good idea. :)

Kaed wrote:Chlorine would be a fitting name for the green dragon :B

Nice, but I think I'm gonna choose measurement units for names. Some people have come with really good choices, I just need to make up my mind. XD

Anyways, I'm not too keen on bubblegum brands. I liked the Bubbleicious when I was a kid...and that's pretty much it. XD
My Dwagons!
CelebrenIthil

Postby cloudbreaker » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:21 pm

You could use Dose as the name for the green one since it is used as a measurement of toxicity. That way it could work for both radiation or poison.

For the pink one, I know you said you didn't want a brand name, but I thought Bazooka sounded cool so I thought I would throw it out there anyway. ;) The only other thing I can come up with is Psi, as in PSI, as in Pounds per Square Inch. Used for measuring air pressure.

Also, do medical types of measurement count? Because you could name the yellow one Bristol, after the Bristol Stool Scale.
Last edited by cloudbreaker on Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby DevilDan » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:54 pm

A red one might just be called Boom!
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby Nebulious » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:00 pm

Pink could be Hook, who is famous for his work on elasticity.

The unit for elasticity could be said to be the Pascal, though. Just realized you're going for units, not scientists.
This cold night will turn us all into fools and madmen.
Nebulious
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Next

Return to Fiction, Poetry and Essays