No forum without text rp. Or... no REAL forum.

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: No forum without text rp. Or... no REAL forum.

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:52 pm

Woah, woah woah...

Why are gobwins so superior to marbits? Don't you think they would be relatively even, seeing as they are natural enemies and fulfill the same role on their respective sides?

Also, though we've seen marbit axemen and marbit crossbowmen, have we seen gobwin archers or spearmen? Gobwin Knob had 250 gobwin "fighters" (which would be the guys in the tunnels with all the random weapons), and also some (perhaps only warlords, perhaps not) were seen on spidews; GK had a handful of "spidew cavalry."

We have seen hobgobwins standing around with pointy sticks, but it's hard to say if these are "pikers," spear-type "stabbers" or just a generic "hobgobwin fighter." But as far as axemen, I think all the hobgobwins we saw with axes were Knights. (There were 15 of them total; "the best from every unit," so I'm not sure if the pikers, stabbers, and archers in GK were all Men, and the 15 knights were all the surviving hobgobwins at that point, or if they were a mix of hobgobwins and men. Either way, axe =/= stabber or piker.
I am a: Chaotic Neutral Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
Str- 12, Dex- 15, Con- 12, Int- 14, Wis- 11, Cha- 13
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby Crovius » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:42 pm

I deleted gobwin pikers. Might change stabbers to fighters... meh, too lazy right now, especially when freggin elves have so many types.

Giants are easy, and the dwagons don't have uch difference from one to another other than breath attack and that yellow, purple and pink are weaker types.
Crovius

Postby Azure Sepulchre » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:32 pm

I signed up hoping to get in on the strategy game, but - considering it's still in testing - I would like to join this game instead.

Also, considering I have absolutely nothing else to do today (or, for that matter, the entire weekend), I'd like to offer my services to the GM, if only to help speed things up a bit. I'll do as much of the Elves as I can, although I'll have to leave parts blank:

Woodsy Elves: Slim, brown-skinned humanoids as tall as giants with small heads and large, pointed ears. Have an advantage in Forest terrain and can be Natural Allies. Despise Goblins, Hobgoblins, Witches and Daemons.

Description: Archer Humanoid
Move: 8 Hits: 5 Combat: 4 Defence: 3 Upkeep: 4 Schmukers: 12
Abilities: Light, Forest Fighting, Can Hit Flying, + 2 Attack + 1 Defence in Forest

Shady Elves: Medium-sized humanoids with pale skin, pointed ears and clothed in dark, gothic regalia. Can be Natural Allies, yet they will refuse to fight with Goblins, Hobgoblins, Witches or Daemons.

Move: 7 Hits: 4 Combat: 3 Defence: 2 Upkeep: 3 Schmukers: 9 (6 if without Naughtymancy)
Abilities: Light, Can Hit Flying, Novice Naughtymancy - Rare (suggested ability - excluding Retcon, of course)

Eager Elves: Medium-sized humanoids with pointed ears dressed in brightly coloured tunics and caps. Can be Natural Allies, yet they will refuse to fight alongside Goblins, Hobgoblins, Witches or Daemons.

Description: Infantry Humanoid, Stabber Swordsmen
Move: 8 (they are EAGER Elves)
Hits: 3 Combat: 3 Defence: 1 Upkeep: 2 Schmukers: 8
Abilities: Light, + 1 Attack if Unit Enters Battle in First Turn, - 1 Attack if Unit Enters Battle in Third Turn or More

Move: 8 Hits: 2 Combat: 2 Defence: 1 Upkeep: 1 Schmukers: 7
Abilities: Light, + 1 Attack if Unit Enters Battle in First Turn, - 1 Attack if Unit Enters Battle in Third Turn or More

(there's a few other potential Eager Elf types, but I can't be bothered to create them as they'll probably end up redundant)

Lofty Elves: Tall humanoids that are close in physical appearance to Woodsy Elves. Can be Natural Allies, yet they will refuse to fight alongside Goblins, Hobgoblins, Witches or Daemons.

Description: Infantry Humanoid, Melee Healer
Move: 7 Hits: 2 Combat: 1 (0?) Defence: 1 Juice: ? Upkeep: 2 Schmukers: 10
Abilities: Light, Novice Healing, Novice Moneymancy - Rare (suggested ability)
(I'll leave the 'Juice' system up to Crovius, as I don't know how he would prefer it work)

Altruist Elves: Plump medium-sized humanoids that share physical traits with other Elves, but wear plain white nurse uniforms. Can be Natural Allies, yet they will refuse to fight alongside Goblins, Hobgoblins, Witches or Daemons.

Description: Infantry Humanoid, Melee Healer
Move: 5 Hits: 2 Combat: 0 Defence: 1 Juice: ? Upkeep: 2 Schmukers: 8
Abilities: Light, Novice Healing

Superfluous Elves: Slim, medium-sized humanoids with pale skin and floppy fringes often spotted wearing t-shirts and tight jeans. Can be Natural Allies, yet they will refuse to fight alongside Goblins, Hobgoblins, Witches or Daemons.

Description: Infantry Humanoid, Melee
Move: 7 Hits: 1 Combat: 1 Defence: 0 Upkeep: 1 Schmukers: 4
Abilities: Light, ?

Schlemiel Elves: Small humanoids with pointed ears and thin, reedy comb overs. Can be Natural Allies, yet they will refuse to fight alongside Goblins, Hobgoblins, Witches or Daemons.

Move: 7 Hits: 1 Combat: 1 Defence: 0 Upkeep: 0 Schmukers: 3

Luckless Elves: Small humanoids with pointed ears and long, curled hair. Can be Natural Allies, yet they will refuse to fight alongside Goblins, Hobgoblins, Witches or Daemons.

Move: 5 Hits: 1 Combat: 1 Defence: 0 Upkeep: 0 Schmukers: 2

Tardy Elves: Well-built, medium-sized humanoids (dunno what to make 'em look like... >.>). Slim, medium-sized humanoids with floppy fringes often spotted wearing t-shirts and tight jeans. Can be Natural Allies, yet they will refuse to fight alongside Goblins, Hobgoblins, Witches or Daemons.
Description: Infantry Humanoid, Stabber Swordsmen
Move: 2 Hits: 6 Combat: 4 Defence: 2 Upkeep: 2 Schmukers: 5
Abilities: ?

Take or don't take whatever you like. It's up to you. Sorry I couldn't hae been of more help.
Azure Sepulchre

Postby Crovius » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:50 pm

Thank you very much, it will certainly speed up my design of the elves. I'm resting this weekend so I'll be back monday to take yur designs and fit them into the list, and then I can work on dragons. I know the wiki lists the different colors (the wiki has helped a lot so far).
Crovius

Postby DevilDan » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:54 pm

Crovius wrote:Thank you very much, it will certainly speed up my design of the elves. I'm resting this weekend so I'll be back monday to take yur designs and fit them into the list, and then I can work on dragons. I know the wiki lists the different colors (the wiki has helped a lot so far).

If the Wiki allows fanon, then we could put our own materials on there... In fact, we can possibly borrow fanon ideas for our sides. After all, it all inherits the CC licensing, right?
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby koolerkid » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:41 pm

Hey, is it too late for me to hop on the bandwagon here? I'd love to play; sounds like fun! Oh, and I can probably whip up a fairly free-form magic system, if it's needed. I've already got some ideas...
koolerkid

Postby Crovius » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:26 pm

koolerkid wrote:Hey, is it too late for me to hop on the bandwagon here? I'd love to play; sounds like fun! Oh, and I can probably whip up a fairly free-form magic system, if it's needed. I've already got some ideas...

The more the merrier.

I'd love to hear your ideas about magic. Send me a message and we can talk about it.
Crovius

Postby koolerkid » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:49 pm

Crovius wrote:
koolerkid wrote:Hey, is it too late for me to hop on the bandwagon here? I'd love to play; sounds like fun! Oh, and I can probably whip up a fairly free-form magic system, if it's needed. I've already got some ideas...

The more the merrier.

I'd love to hear your ideas about magic. Send me a message and we can talk about it.

Cool, thanks for letting me on-board! I messaged you some ideas, but feel free to change any bits you don't like.
koolerkid

Postby DevilDan » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:01 pm

Kooler Kid, why not put some stuff up on the wiki.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby koolerkid » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:25 pm

DevilDan wrote:Kooler Kid, why not put some stuff up on the wiki.

I meant ideas for the magic system, for the game. Not stuff for the actual magic. Although... I did have some ideas for the less-defined magic classes... I've just never posted on a wiki before. It never occured to me... hm... maybe I'll do that.
koolerkid

Postby Crovius » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:58 pm

Not gonna post more on the units thing till later. I'm wokring on some good stats for natural allies. The magic system is in the works, always welcoming ideas. Koolerkid is gonna be helping with tweaking the magic system .I need two other people, one to help me decide on how combat is determined, and another to help me with actual world building.

Remember: I'm GMing thsi so a lot fo the rules are for my sole benfit, the players don't need to know all the rules I need to know, so we can get very complicated and detailed rules, and that's perfectly fine because most of those rules only need to be known to me and the players get the simplified version. So the more intricate the rules can get, the better. After all, I'm probably one of the few people that willingly uses the grapple system in D&D 3.5 and actually knows what I'm doing!
Crovius

Postby Rizban » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:24 am

I'm in. Send me a PM with some sort of contact info, like AIM or MSN or something, and I'll get in touch with you.

I'll be straight up about this. When it comes to creating new systems from scratch, I can make do, but I'm not wonderful at it. However, once we lay out a basic framework (which the comic has done for us), I can churn out new ideas and improvements, refining the system to nigh perfection better than most.
Rizban

Postby Crovius » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:02 am

If you need to contact me by AIM, I usually don't get on until around 6pm mountain time and I'm only on for a few hours. Weekends I might be on aroudn noon.
My AIM is maxusbrimstone
You can also email me at maxusbrimstone@aol.com
Or send me a PM here. I can check my messages on this site every day and usually pretty early in the day too.
Crovius

Postby Crovius » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:58 pm

Ok, I'm updating the Natural Allies list. Took the elves and tweeked them to fit how I hoped stats to work. All units have the juice stat, but most units that don't have special attacks or casting abilities have 0 juice points. Spidews have juice to use their poison and web abilities. Dwagons use Juice for their breathe attacks (A Dwagon with no juice uses claws, tail and biting.) Also made it so that elves have something interesting about them. Tardy elves, despite their low move and their ability making them unreliable to move around, are a lot stronger than even Eager Elves. I'm working on Dwagons right now and then will start working on other units that were shown.
Crovius

Postby Azure Sepulchre » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:17 am

I recommend putting each type of creature (EG. Elves, Dwagons, Marbits, etc.) into labelled Spoilers boxes for easier navigation. Scrolling through the whole thing looking for one particular creature is rather tedious.

Otherwise, good work, man. Looking forward to the finished product. :)
Azure Sepulchre

Previous

Return to Your Games