Book 2 – Text Updates 003

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Text Updates 003

Postby balder » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:16 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Text Updates 003

Postby OneHugeTuck » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:22 am

And here I thought Don was a bad ass. Maybe not brilliant, but a good mob boss.
OneHugeTuck
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Lord Kasavin » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:23 am

Hmmm... a look into how Transylvito does war. However, no new information is given. Sigh, I guess we wait until Tuesday.
"Act, and God will Act." - Joan of Arc

"Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt." - Thomas Moore
Lord Kasavin

Postby Knight13 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:27 am

Hmmm, Don isn't as smart as I thought. Given how things went at Gobwin Knob with Parson, I'm amazed that he could think this battle would be straightforward. Sure the Decrypted Blitzkrieg has been pretty straightforward up until now, but that's because they outmatched all their opposition to the point that they didn't need to do anything clever.
Knight13

Postby normalphil » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:37 am

~25% of their effective combat force gone, treasury depleted, in the cause of just holding up Toolism and being the subtle backbone of the Coalition. Transylvito is hurting, they're like the Winston Churchill's United Kingdom of this scenario.
normalphil

Postby fjolnir » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:53 am

basically the whole thing is reaction to the current events and a showing of the timeline of this new battle, apparently the visit to the MK, and the visit to TV are all happening during the current action... everyone leaving is probably either the decrypted showing themselves to be an air force or the loss of ossomer, who is probably the biggest warlord in the RCC2
I am all for text updates if they continue to novelize the things that we would probably be speculating about since with a comic there's only so much space that can be devoted to ancillary or tangental stories without the whole thing collapsing....
Last edited by fjolnir on Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
fjolnir

Postby the_tick_rules » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:54 am

Boy Transylvito really sank some coin into Faq huh?
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
the_tick_rules

Postby VariaVespasa » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:56 am

Kasavin- You have to remember that book 2 has already been written and these text updates are a new emergency measure, as it were, so they cant really contain much major new stuff, especially stuff whose reveal is part of the main book. So, especially early on, they will be flavor, and fleshing out of stuff we already knew something about. Later, once the writers have had some time to adjust to the new format, then perhaps they can transfer major new items from the book into the text instead, and replace those comic portions with new stuff, or work on creating entirely new major items to weave into the story through the text updates. But its gonna take a couple of months at least I would think while they consider the implications and new options of what they've decided to do. But I, for one, am happy with flavor text. Ceasar and Bunny would have been hard to put in the main book without disrupting the flow I think, forinstance,
VariaVespasa

Postby Dancing Cthulhu » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:11 am

I love the style of TV. And we get some more info about the plans of the RCCII at the bridge, and that the massive column is Haggar's forces.

Knight13 wrote:Hmmm, Don isn't as smart as I thought. Given how things went at Gobwin Knob with Parson, I'm amazed that he could think this battle would be straightforward. Sure the Decrypted Blitzkrieg has been pretty straightforward up until now, but that's because they outmatched all their opposition to the point that they didn't need to do anything clever.

What makes it sound like the Don isn't being smart or that he thought the battle would be straightforward?

It is from Caesar's perspective after all, why not party? TV only has, physically, a few bats there - everything else rests with Jillian. If anything it makes it sound like Caesar thinks the battle would be straightforward - but Don has been taking the whole war with GK very seriously for a while now, too seriously in Caesar's eyes (going back to the summer updates). And here the king is alone, while everyone else is doing what they were ordered - have fun.

Makes me think the Don was expecting something might happen, and was letting his guys relax while they could before sending them off to what might be their deaths (even Caesar notes this the biggest battle since the RCCI died at the volcano).

What is happening at the bridge has been a wake up call for all the warlords, Caesar included, now. So at the Don's party it might have gotten to Caesar that GK really is a threat and the Don has been right to appear so preoccupied by the war with them.

But it does make me wonder - we know:

A. Jillian has been working with Charlie
B. Jillian has kept the fact from TV and thus the RCCII as a whole.
C. Jillian didn't tell Vinnie what she was actually going off to do, so I guess the rest of the RCCII doesn't know her or Charlie's real plan (whatever it is) either
D.... So is she in the Jetstone capital under false pretenses? Do Don King and Slately think she is doing one thing while she is actually preparing for something else entirely?
Last edited by Dancing Cthulhu on Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
And so my time with the Tardy Elves draws to a close, and I am let to ponder how the experience will... eh, I'll finish later. No need to rush.
Dancing Cthulhu

Postby yay » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:13 am

from the phrase "haggars massive reserves" i assume the back up stack half a turns march away is tougher than the one on the bridge, or at least as tough...wonder if they commited some casters too. also, haggars loyalty was based on Ossemers threats. so now that jetstone is disoriented, will they break the truce and go for the poorly defended capitol?
yay

Postby name lips » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:18 am

I'm guessing they're reacting to Oss being captured. The stack really being flyers? Not as big a deal as we thought it would be -- clearly this was anticipated as a possibility because of the flippin' STACK of flyers guarding Spacerock.

But capturing Oss? Not part of the plan. Not even on the table as a possibility.
name lips

Postby badninja » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:26 am

Wow that was fast. From Janis's earlier statements I felt that GK was going to have a difficult time. From what we see happening GK is once again steamrolling again. I take it Jillian was not successful in her mission or GK took out the support troops. I guess loosing two warlords to GK was too many for Jetstone, I guess they never thought of giving the princes false information in case what happened actually happened. I mean come on have they never heard of contingency planning or plan B? Parson is going to keep them looking like amateurs until they learn when to zig when GK zags.

Parson cannot be that advanced in his thinking that they cannot adapt, Vinny is the only surviving warlord who has experience with Parson and they need to be leaning on him to give at least a heads up.

Now is the perfect time for Charlie to get back in the picture, because he could make a killing providing his support to stop Parson.

I get the impression that Don King is well aware of Caesar's and Bunny's relationship and tolerates it.
I came, I saw, I had fun!
badninja
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Glenn » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:29 am

Their reaction may not be just to Ossomer being captured. At the end of this update, an hour has past since the battle started. Did it really take an hour to capture Ossomer? I'd say it's probably been closer to ten minutes. If I'm right, what's Gobwin Knob done to shock Transylvito in the fifty or so minutes since they captured Ossomer?
Glenn

Postby Markidactyl » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:40 am

Huh. So the plan was always to retreat the princes back to the city. They were there only for the parlay, I guess? Either way, the fact that none of them expected trickery on Gobwin's part was still a bit thick. Ossomar, despite what he says, thinks too much like Ansom. Now he's captured, converted, and Gobwin Knob knows probably the whole game plan, and the force at the bridge very unlikely to hold against anything but the bottleneck they had planned.

I'm still confused about Don King's plan involving FAQ.

EDIT: Didn't realize that it was from Ceaser's point of view. :oops: It was late and I'm stupid when it's late.
Last edited by Markidactyl on Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Markidactyl

Postby Donoterase » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:48 am

Bunny is the Don's aide. So I'm not sure what you mean by the "gets around" thing. She's doing her job.
Donoterase

Postby Frogpop » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:12 am

Markidactyl wrote:Annddddd...Don King and Bunny? That girl gets around.

Re-read. I think you skipped over a "Caesar". I did my first time through too.
Frogpop
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby danielkaplan123 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:13 am

From the previous page, the title of this book, "Love Is a Battlefield" has come to fruition. We have the Jillian, Ansom, Wanda, Vinnie love quadrangle, plus tonight a little bit more with Bunny, Caesar, and Don King's relationship as that girl gets around??? I doubted much more is meant by the title than the love quadrangle, but who knows as Rob appears to love stacking up line up the entendres.
danielkaplan123

Postby Firkraag » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:25 am

Hmm... Transylvito really invested a lot in Faq. I wonder how that is going to work out for them.

At least they haven't committed much of their remaining army in this coming fight :roll:
Lord Firkraag, player character
Conqueror of Europe, Middle-Earth, Erathia, Myth, Faerun, Old World.
Level 10 Undead Necromancer with 12 Artifacts

Acherusis
a Neverwinter Nights 2 adventure
by Lord Firkraag
Firkraag

Postby atteSmythe » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:52 am

Good update, and I really love the artwork on this one.
atteSmythe

Postby factotum » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:53 am

Strange that they have a concept of hours in a turn-based world... :D
factotum

Next

Return to Reactions