160 The battle for Gobwin Knob, page 147

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: 160 The battle for Gobwin Knob, page 147

Postby Mikalyaran » Mon May 18, 2009 9:41 pm

I can see the Arkendish making a 4 caster linkup possible though still highly dangerous. Anything beyond that simply seem munchkiny.
Mikalyaran
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Bahamuttone » Tue May 19, 2009 3:21 pm

Hmm Just a guess
But Wanda just says that she learned of a Warlord that had found the Arkenhammer.
Couldn't it be that the has led her to understimate Stanley?
I mean she was thinking that SHE was the one that would attune to it. So it's plausible that she believed that for Stanley it would be a minor thing [Like the pliers for Ansom] and NOT the Dragon Taming Powerhouse it is.
Is there any fault in my reasoning? Just to know...
Bahamuttone
Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Bobby Archer » Tue May 19, 2009 4:52 pm

We do know that Stanley won a lot of battles and gained some renown after gaining the Arkenhammer. However, we don't know what the timeline is between him finding the Arkenhammer and Wanda conspiring with him. If she had very good intelligence and found out about him quickly, before he'd gained a lot of reputation as a powerhouse, she could very well have thought that he wasn't attuned to it.

Either way, I think it's fairly easy to underestimate Stanley. He's not the sharpest nail in the Toolbox, but he can, as Ansom once pointed out, pull of a shrewd trick or two.
Uncroaked for Hire

No, no, Misty is Uncle Ben; Bogroll is Gwen Stacy.
Bobby Archer

Location: Mass Hysteria, Chicago, IL, USA, Earth, Reality, Sanity

Postby SteveMB » Tue May 19, 2009 5:05 pm

Another possibility that occurs to me is that Wanda may have told Stanley that she just wanted a relatively small bit of assistance for an internal Faq coup, thinking that he was too much of an "imbecile" to see and seize upon the alternative of coming in with overwhelming force and conquering the whole shebang for his own side instead. Concluding that he's inept about politics and grand strategy is more likely than concluding that he's inept about battlefield tactics -- after all, everything we know indicates that the former is true and the latter is false.

Whether Jillian's absence during the crucial turn was happenstance or intentional (and, in the latter case, why it was so planned) remains to be seen.
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Welf von Ehrwald » Tue May 19, 2009 5:23 pm

Bahamuttone wrote:Hmm Just a guess
But Wanda just says that she learned of a Warlord that had found the Arkenhammer.
I mean she was thinking that SHE was the one that would attune to it. So it's plausible that she believed that for Stanley it would be a minor thing [Like the pliers for Ansom] and NOT the Dragon Taming Powerhouse it is.

It's a nearby thought; but he already had the dwagons, and to tame them someone needs to be attuned (at least I think so).

Btw: What if Stanley tamed the dwagons after Wanda has contacted him? It's fate magic after all, and that seems to be the perfect moment, if there is some higher plan to collect all the tools in one faction. Wanda thought that he would attack with something more conventional, but not with the dwagons. That could explain why Stanley needed a new battle cry.
I love uncroaked Dora. I love an anonymous friend even more.

Only one man has understood me, and even he has not!
Welf von Ehrwald

Postby moose o death » Thu May 21, 2009 8:13 am

Welf von Ehrwald wrote:
Bahamuttone wrote:Hmm Just a guess

It's a nearby thought; but he already had the dwagons, and to tame them someone needs to be attuned (at least I think so).

Btw: What if Stanley tamed the dwagons after Wanda has contacted him? It's fate magic after all, and that seems to be the perfect moment, if there is some higher plan to collect all the tools in one faction. Wanda thought that he would attack with something more conventional, but not with the dwagons. That could explain why Stanley needed a new battle cry.

hehe, stop! hammer time....that's magic it's like 159 pages of comic built up to that punchline.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby Whispri » Sat May 23, 2009 12:59 pm

The Old Hack wrote:
warriortribble wrote:
Whispri wrote:Ansom really didn't seem keen on them. That would count for a lot, as would Wanda's likely huge upkeep costs.
Perhaps I've just read things too hastily, but who are you refering to when you say "them"?

Errr, Uncroaked in general, maybe? He referred to them as abominations.

Sorry, yes that was what I meant, also note that he called Wanda a "Demoness" and that he wanted to murder her repeatedly for obeying a direct order from her Chief Warlord. Didn't exactly give of feelings of warmth for Croakamancers did he?
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Previous

Return to Reactions