Way to get 1-year non-recurring Toolbox subscription?

What features and fixes would you like to see here at erfworld.com?

Way to get 1-year non-recurring Toolbox subscription?

Postby Moik » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:44 pm

Currently the toolbox sign-up options only have one month or recurring one-year. Is there a way to just sign up for a single one year? I wanna buy a dwagon plushie or two.
Moik

Re: Way to get 1-year non-recurring Toolbox subscription?

Postby Menlo Marseilles » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:59 am

If I recall correctly, there are "gift" one-year memberships in the Store. You could always buy one of those and then give it to yourself, I guess?
and in despair i bowed my head
"there is no peace on erf," i said
for fate is strong and mocks the song
of peace on erf, good will to men
Menlo Marseilles

Postby Lady Nerevar » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:20 pm

i think you could also buy a regular one and cancel it. it should remain yours for the year, but wont be renewed.
Lady Nerevar

Postby Romanosuke » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:23 pm

I was curious about this myself. I saw this topic, viewtopic.php?f=22&t=135 , Rob answers your question here in a way:

balder wrote:Actually we have had people sign up for the yearly recurring, then immediately cancel the subscription. We're treating this by giving the full $36 store credit and setting the expiration on the Tool account at a year and the expiration on the store credit at a year plus 90 days. That's effectively what you're asking for, I think.

Also you'll see your store credit will still last a year + 90 days :D

balder wrote:
angra wrote:Mr. Balder,

Is this your stated policy going forward? I just reread the "what if I cancel" section of the "become a tool" page and it was a bit ambiguous on the subject - I read it as 90 days after cancellation, rather than 90 days after the subscription period.

If you really do intend to let us do that, then THANK YOU! I won't do a auto-recurring, but I've wanted to be a subscriber since you started this site. Id love it if I could do a multi-year up-front too (I think you guys deserve the $ and it seems like a fair thing giveback to you to make up for not being recurring), but just what you have described so far is a big plus.

Yeah we don't love doing it that way, but that's how we're going to handle canceled yearlies. We want to do right by the supporters, because you're doing right by us.

Hopefully this clears things up for you :) I also wanted store credit for dragon plushies as well ;)
Late night lurker of forums.
Romanosuke

Postby Moik » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:00 am

Well, I went and got the 1-year. Dunno when/if I'll cancel.

Do we get an e-mail when the store credit is added?
Moik

Postby Romanosuke » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:44 am

Once your Toolbox membership is activated, you will get an email saying:

Your account has now been set up for the forums, the store and the Toolbox.
Your username is:
Your Toolbox password is:
Feel free to change this password.
Let me know if you have any problems logging in.
Thank you for being a Tool!

You should have your store credit then. Check your store credit by:
-Logging onto your Store Account
-Click Modify Profile (Top Right in between Wishlist and Delete Profile)
-On the Modify Profile page, look for Points Availible (between Profile Details and Personal information)

When you are ready to make your purchase, just fill your shopping cart, check out. Use to the Tool Point Payment option. Next step will ask you how many points do you want to use. 12/17 Updated TOOL POINTS CAN NOT BE USED TO PAY FOR SHIPPING FEES Then you just pay the remaining balance.

If for some reason you did not get any points once your account is activated, fill out a Erfworld Customer Support form here: http://www.erfworld.com/erfworld-customer-support-form/
Give them your account name and email address associated with your account.

Also keep in mind that they have to activate these accounts manually and it's the holiday season, so it may take some time before you can make use of your Toolbox account and store credit.

Hopefully this answers your question and possibly anything else you were curious about :)
Last edited by Romanosuke on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Late night lurker of forums.
Romanosuke

Postby Moik » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:40 pm

O_o

We need a Rep system so I can +Rep you.
Moik

Postby FeatherFluster » Sat May 01, 2010 7:15 pm

I uncroak this old topic just to add I would also value an obvious non-recurring 1 year Toolbox subscription option.

I was going to sign up a couple of months ago but gave up when I could not find a non-recurring option. After reading this topic, I have gifted myself a subscription.
FeatherFluster
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Return to Suggestions/Requests