Tool Subscription Points do not apply to Shipping Fees

Something not look right? Please explain in detail.

Tool Subscription Points do not apply to Shipping Fees

Postby Moik » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:05 am

I was trying to check out two Dwagon plushies and it kept giving me an error saying I didn't have enough points.

My order total after shipping was 27.50, so I set it to use 28 of my 36 points, then it kicked me back with the error. It will only show a discount of 20, and then have shipping fee still there which it expects me to go back and paypal for in addition.

:(
Moik

Re: Tool Subscription Points do not apply to Shipping Fees

Postby Romanosuke » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:12 am

I opened up a Customer Support Form a while back before signing up. I had some questions, one of them being if I could pay shipping fees with my Tool Points. I got back this reply to that question:

Shipping fees can't be paid with store credit.

You could always get another dwagon or save the points for something else in the store that may come up later. I went back and edited my other post to include this info in your last topic that you made viewtopic.php?f=22&t=884 Sorry I didn't include this in my last post to your previous question :(
Late night lurker of forums.
Romanosuke

Postby Binty » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:35 pm

Yep. Covering shipping fees would require more working capital - as the owners need to pay the shipper in actual money.
Binty

Postby Lady Nerevar » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:38 pm

it worked for me >.> got a plushy for 10, added 4.5 for shipping, took 6 off with points, paid the remaining 8.5 with paypal.
Lady Nerevar

Postby Moik » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:54 pm

Binty wrote:Yep. Covering shipping fees would require more working capital - as the owners need to pay the shipper in actual money.

Such as with the actual money I paid in via the subscription? Anyways, I feel a little nickel-and-dimed, like it was a hidden fee :( I came in expecting to spend 33 bucks and have six or seven left over, now find I'd be paying 40 and having six or seven left over.

It would be good to at least * the "dollar for dollar store credit" selling points with a "does not include shipping".
Moik

Postby Binty » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:24 pm

Moik wrote:Such as with the actual money I paid in via the subscription?

Which paid for the stock and this servers for this site I would guess. I understand you feeling short-changed, but I would guess that it's currently not viable to cover shipping via store credit. At the end of the day Rob et al needs keep Erfworld viable and draw a fair return for their efforts. And as someone else pointed out it was never a secret - although it should be made clearer.
Binty

Postby Moik » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:23 pm

Binty wrote:but I would guess that it's currently not viable to cover shipping via store credit.

More likely it's a technical hurdle of the checkout system. As a theory, credits are provided in whole numbers which match the cents-free prices of all the store items. Shipping fees are generated with decimal amounts which do not match the format of the credits. The system likely has not been design to round a charge up to fit the credit (as that would abuse the customer) or round the fees down (as that would abuse the shipper).

I doubt it's a conscious choice. (I hope it's not a conscious choice)
Moik

Return to Bug Reports