Erfworld Q&A

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Erfworld Q&A

Postby Kreistor » Thu May 21, 2009 2:01 pm

InInUrForumz wrote:This is just speculation, but I strongly suspect the reason certain races are "natural allies" instead of having a side of their own is that they're unable to field a real leader. Just like losing your capital ends your side....if you don't have a strong enough leader, you can't make a side in the first place. It seems logical to me.

Or it has to do with attitudes. Stanley is fairly evil, and classically so are goblins. Elves are good guys, so they side with a good guy.
http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/TBFGK_1 Here you can find all comic pages written as text for convenient quoting.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Erfworld_Mechanics The starting page for accessing all known Erfworld "rules".
Kreistor

Postby atteSmythe » Thu May 21, 2009 3:23 pm

Kreistor wrote:Stanley is fairly evil

Propaganda!
atteSmythe

Postby AngryAngel » Sat May 23, 2009 9:16 pm

R3u wrote:My question is this... Do Erfworlders age? How old are all the units we've seen? What's the average age? Given that people can pop whole-cloth, how many of the named characters have ages of less than a few hundred days? Who's oldest, and who's youngest?

War doesn't take very long at all in a strategy game, and that makes me very curious about life expectancies and ages.

I wondered the same thing. Perhaps they last indefinitely, until they are croaked or disbanded.
AngryAngel
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Mikalyaran » Mon May 25, 2009 12:25 am

Where does Wanda get all those sweet outfits anyway? How does she decide what clothes the uncroaked wear? Some special trait of hers? Is she also a master fasionmancer :P
Mikalyaran
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby gameboy1234 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:54 am

Well, I assume Jamie just draws her that way.
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby President_Allosaurus » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:16 pm

InInUrForumz wrote:
Justyn wrote:New questions:

Are Gems the only things that can be mined and converted into Schmuckers, or can other things (precious metals like gold or silver, or other materials like jade, ivory, or pearls) be used to fund a side's treasury?

Had the Gobwins successfully taken and held Gobwin Knob, would that have made them a capital side?

This is just speculation, but I strongly suspect the reason certain races are "natural allies" instead of having a side of their own is that they're unable to field a real leader. Just like losing your capital ends your side....if you don't have a strong enough leader, you can't make a side in the first place. It seems logical to me.

The elves are listed as "Natural Allies", and one of their 'brands', the Superfluous Elves, provided their own Warlord, who was important enough that he feasted with Ansom, Duke Nozzle, Scarlet and the Blue Warlord the night before the siege. The Woodsy Elves also fielded Tarfu who was a Warlord.

I don't think it's about providing a strong leader, but rather having a Capital or cities, but who knows? Natural Allies seem to have their own rules, because even without a side they don't revert to barbarians.
President_Allosaurus

Previous

Return to Everything Else Erfworld