Truth and Justice

Your campaigns, your favorite systems, and gaming news.

Truth and Justice

Postby willis3 » Sun May 24, 2009 4:57 am

HI all! I found this cool rpg called truth and justice,
You make your own superhero and fight crime and the like in a comicbook style game
I am looking for advice on how I should GM this type pf game since I am a first-time GM
Any advice/criticism/mindless blather is welcomed :lol:
For your enjoyment :lol:

Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself where the heck is the ceiling

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
willis3

Re: Truth and Justice

Postby Mikalyaran » Mon May 25, 2009 12:36 am

I advise you to read comics. Thats the best source for idea out there in this style of game. Also lets the heros do some seriously heroic shit. Don't bother making them roll to take out "extras" dont let the rules bog down dramatic moments.
Mikalyaran
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Re: Truth and Justice

Postby LordDarksea » Mon May 25, 2009 5:08 pm

I'll second that.

for rules in RPG the rule of thumb should always be only use them if it will slow down the story not to. I normally ask my players for about 1 roll every hour or so on average, but i've had some sessions where the rolls keep, um, rolling and my record is five sessions in a row without using dice. Mostly its about finding your style, telling a good story and cutting out arguments.

As with any storytelling, the more widely you read the better you tell. read like a butterfly write like a bee and all that.

good luck

Thom
LordDarksea

Return to General Gaming