Book 1

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 1

Postby depricated » Sun May 24, 2009 12:46 am

It's been an amazing read and a fun ride. The ending was very...fitting. It'll be interesting to see where it goes in Book 2.

So regarding the book as a whole: excellent read and I can't wait to own a hard copy. It's been all very high quality, even - truly a graphic novel and not just a webcomic, despite the media.

Thank you!
depricated

Re: Book 1

Postby moose o death » Sun May 24, 2009 1:16 am

yeah i'm not one for comics but i read a few webcomics, i'll certainly pick up a copy of this one though. great art and good story to back it all up. it's fueled my re entry into drawing again so i can push out some decent concepts. i always struggled with concepts in recent years as i let my drawing skills lapse while i played with 3d softwares. but this strip has inspired me to get the practise back up. i finally seem to have grasped how to do lines with the wacom.

so thanks for the awesome story, and the personal inspiration to get back into it
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby Secret » Sun May 24, 2009 2:16 pm

This is defiantly the most well done webcomic out there and, like depricated said, it's much better then standard webcomics.

I'm really looking forward to reading what happens next in book two and being able to get a hard copy version of book one! ^_^
Secret
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Engy » Sun May 24, 2009 6:13 pm

The only thing I dislike about book one is that I'll have to wait until fall for book two.
I'm not an Eskimo!
Engy
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby hobs » Sun May 24, 2009 6:58 pm

just wanted to say ditto. i've been reading since the first few. i've loved the whole ride, i love the game world, the story, and the art, and the wiki is a great idea. I will definitely buy a hard copy when it is ready. my only lament is that it has taken so long, but i appreciate that good story and good art take time.
hobs

Postby Mikalyaran » Sun May 24, 2009 7:59 pm

Perfect wrap up to book one. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of Erfworld.
Mikalyaran
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby BeelzebubIV » Sun May 24, 2009 10:18 pm

Well written, fun, Of course I'll buy the book!
BeelzebubIV

Postby lovelyluthien » Mon May 25, 2009 6:38 am

I feel like throwing a tantrum over the having-to-wait - fact. :evil:

But I'll try to control myself and re-read book 1 instead. :?

Edit: That is, of course, because book 1 is a constant source of delight to me.
Avatar courtesy of SteveMB and Erfworld.
lovelyluthien

Postby ReccaSquirrel » Mon May 25, 2009 9:51 am

What a great end to a wonderful story. I've been very, very pleased with this story.

Now when can I buy a book of it? :)
ReccaSquirrel

Postby Andrew » Wed May 27, 2009 1:19 am

I concur. Great end! Plus a bit cliffhangerish...
Andrew

Postby kwotski » Wed May 27, 2009 8:26 pm

Hi,

(Another grateful reader, enthused enough after reaching the end of Book 1 to go to the trouble of creating a forum account in order to thank and congratulate the author and artist..)

I've never been much of a gamer or a reader of comics, web- or otherwise, so my opinion may not be quite so weighty as other posters here, but I can't help wondering whether we're looking at the start of some Watchmen-scale development in the medium.. The literary and artistic achievement is just (to me) that far ahead of the competition. (ok, I read and enjoy, for example, OOTS, but it's a quite different sort of appeal.)

So thanks and congrats to Rob and Jamie. Epic work, in any sense you'd care to name..
kwotski

Postby Vann » Wed May 27, 2009 11:11 pm

I just decided to read Erfworld a couple of days ago, and am very glad that I did. I read through all of Book One in one day and must say that I simply cannot wait for Book Two.
What I find interesting though, is that it seems a lot of people were unsure of the comic at the beginning. Personally, I loved every bit of it and was hooked immediately.
So, Kudos Rob and Jamie, you've definitely earned it!
Vann

Postby Mikalyaran » Thu May 28, 2009 12:37 am

Vann wrote:I just decided to read Erfworld a couple of days ago, and am very glad that I did. I read through all of Book One in one day and must say that I simply cannot wait for Book Two.
What I find interesting though, is that it seems a lot of people were unsure of the comic at the beginning. Personally, I loved every bit of it and was hooked immediately.
So, Kudos Rob and Jamie, you've definitely earned it!

The problems at the beginning really come down to the general issues when one gets started on a project. You gotta find your stride. Pile on doing a story where an individual comic might not give enough info to make snese until its followed by the next comic or even next 5 or 6 comics and people get cranky. I've always loved Erfworldsince the first comic. Rob and Jamie make an amazing team. Thank again to you two and Harknell our resident tube monkey.
Mikalyaran

Postby The Old Hack » Thu May 28, 2009 3:00 pm

I am somewhat embarrassed to admit that I did not immediately pay attention to the Erfworld comic back when Rich first took it aboard his site. It was only when it was up to somewhere in the early twenties that I actually checked it out. Once I did, I was hooked. I have never looked back, it's been a wonderful ride.
The Old Hack
Tool + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Prometheus » Thu May 28, 2009 5:23 pm

The Old Hack wrote:I am somewhat embarrassed to admit that I did not immediately pay attention to the Erfworld comic back when Rich first took it aboard his site. It was only when it was up to somewhere in the early twenties that I actually checked it out. Once I did, I was hooked. I have never looked back, it's been a wonderful ride.

I tried reading Erfworld when it first arrived, but the first few pages didn't grab me, primarily because I expected it to be as humorous as OOTS. A while later, I came back and read all the way through (it was up to about page sixty at that time), and I realized that while I hadn't laughed much, I was very much attached to the characters.
The first step to being right all of the time is to admit that you're wrong most of the time.
Prometheus

Postby moose o death » Thu May 28, 2009 5:51 pm

i didn't find erfworld until the dance fighting at GK. i had read one strip earlier but had no idea what was going on. when i saw dance fighting, i had to know what on earth was happening in this crazy strip. glad i did. i found OOTS because the developers of fable 2 had a link on their site to it. so i'm a late comer to both.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby zbeeblebrox » Thu May 28, 2009 11:48 pm

I came into Erfworld from being aware of Rob through Partially Clips. I'd never heard of OotS, actually. When I first saw this comic, it was on about page 5, I think. I immediately knew this was going to be something brilliant. The art was awesome, and I already knew Rob was a good writer, so I never had any doubts about this thing. And the fake Hamstard webcomic clinched it.

I can't wait for the dead tree version to come out. I'm a big proponent of buying hard copies of webcomics if they're available. What's the plan for that, by the way? Have Rob and Jamie mentioned anything about when books are going to start being printed, etc?
"The rumors which surround me are myriad, you know. Myth and legend, wild speculation, paranoid suspicions..."
- Charlie, in reference to the forum members
zbeeblebrox

Postby Bobby Archer » Fri May 29, 2009 12:54 am

Last update we had on the croaked gump version of the comic, Rob and Jamie were still sussing out publishers/self-publishing. I believe there are also a few extra pages that are getting put in. The short answer is, we're probably going to have to wait a bit for the book to come out, but Rob and Jamie are working hard to make sure its everything it should be once it does.
Uncroaked for Hire

No, no, Misty is Uncle Ben; Bogroll is Gwen Stacy.
Bobby Archer

Location: Mass Hysteria, Chicago, IL, USA, Earth, Reality, Sanity

Postby Xanthir » Sat May 30, 2009 6:07 pm

Man, wonderful ending. I really wonder what the new unbooped cusses mean.

I've been reading this since Day 1, and I've been in love with it ever since the very first panel with Wanda. ^_^ She looked a little strange then, but still, she's the reason I fell in love with Erfworld. ^_^
Xanthir
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby Kendaric » Sat May 30, 2009 11:39 pm

Never before have I been so addicted to a webcomic! What an excellent way to end Book 1, it's been an amazing ride so far and I can't wait to see where things go in Book 2! :D
Kendaric

Next

Return to Reactions