Erfworld Icons

Your fan art, demotivators, cartoons, animations, lolcats or whatever other images you want to show off.

Erfworld Icons

Postby SteveMB » Fri May 01, 2009 12:01 pm

Kicking it off by porting my gallery from the GitP forum:

(This forum didn't like my first attempt at porting the GitP post. I discovered that the problem was the quotation marks around the URLs. So, if you have a gallery to port, find it in the GitP forum, use the "EDIT" button to bring up the source text with all the URLs and formatting, and do a global delete on quotation marks.)

My Erfworld avatar gallery is attached to this post, and edited every so often as I add more and/or make improvements to existing ones. If you want to use any of them, please 1)host them using your own storage and bandwidth and 2)give proper credit to Rob Balder and Jamie Noguchi* for the original source.

*The icons in this post are all based on Jamie's art; I'll be putting icons based on the various other Summer Update artists and on Xin Ye's Book 2 art into a separate post as I start creating them. (EDIT: Post created; see Page 2 of this thread.)

The main galleries are configured as a display of clickable thumbnails. Saving the image you see will give you the 100-pixel version; clicking on the link will give you the 117-pixel version.

(There are a few non-square ones, with the exact dimensions linked to the 100-pixel-high and 117-pixel-high versions. You may need to specifically set the height and width on these so that the forum software doesn't stretch the image into a square.)

Icon Gallery -- Recent Additions:
Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Older Icons:

Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

I did a lot of variations on this one because the writing image is just so apropos for a forum/blog avatar:

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Non-Square Icons:

The dimension on these may need to be specified (depending on the specific forum software) to avoid stretching.

Image (64x100 PNG) (75x117 PNG)

Image (84x100 PNG) (98x117 PNG)

Image (74x100 PNG) (87x117 PNG)

Image (65x100 PNG) (75x117 PNG)

Animated Icons:

EDIT: Note that the 8/6/07 revision to the GitP forum rules do not allow the use of animated avatars. I've kept them here for people to use elsewhere.

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

(The mistress/prisoner one was an experiment to recreate the one from Rob's set from scratch and see how the results compared. The most significant difference is that mine has both the 100-pixel and 117-pixel version.)

Text-Remix Icons:

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Last edited by SteveMB on Tue May 05, 2009 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Re: Erfworld Icons

Postby The Bookworm » Fri May 01, 2009 4:22 pm

Great job! I don't know how do make these, but may I suggest the doomed Red Warlord from the first panel of Page 137?
The Bookworm

Postby SteveMB » Fri May 01, 2009 6:45 pm

The Bookworm wrote:Great job! I don't know how do make these, but may I suggest the doomed Red Warlord from the first panel of Page 137?

Done.

Creating icons can be as simple as cropping and scaling an image to the right size, or can be a bit more elaborate. In this case, I tweaked the image a bit (lightening the background and darkening Red herself) to make her stand out a bit better at icon size.
SteveMB

Postby Fuzzypaws » Sat May 02, 2009 3:35 am

Great work. =)
This has been a test of the emergency broadcast system. If this were an actual emergency, you would already be dead.
Fuzzypaws

Postby Hobgobwin » Sat May 02, 2009 11:04 am

Nice work. Definitely using the KISS hobgobwin.
Hobgobwin

Postby SteveMB » Sat May 02, 2009 11:55 am

Hmmm... do people think it would be better to establish separate threads for icon galleries and discussions? On the one hand, that makes the icons a bit easier to find; on the other hand, it's an extra complication. On the gripping hand, it's probably a good idea to establish a custom one way or the other now.
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB

Postby temprus » Sun May 03, 2009 12:23 am

Thank you, SteveMB, I now have an Avatar. :D As to your question, I have no useful answer. :(
Avatar by SteveMB, Artwork & Story by Rob Balder and Jamie Noguchi
temprus
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby CourtJester » Sun May 03, 2009 1:44 pm

SteveMB wrote:Hmmm... do people think it would be better to establish separate threads for icon galleries and discussions? On the one hand, that makes the icons a bit easier to find; on the other hand, it's an extra complication. On the gripping hand, it's probably a good idea to establish a custom one way or the other now.

You have three hands?? O, I am envious of you, m'lord! I have but the two, and neither grips well

You've done well with these, good sir. Keep up the good work 'til the last book!
"You hear the whispers in the castle hall, 'How could the king have passed away?'
The Court plays dumb and the queen keeps mum,
but listen close, and you can hear the Jester say..."
CourtJester

Postby Mikalyaran » Sun May 03, 2009 9:49 pm

Sweet icons man. I love it.
Mikalyaran
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby kreszantas » Mon May 04, 2009 2:19 am

Even though someone already has it SteveMB the one that starts out the whole crap avatars is worth having. http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F006.jpg
Huh? What was that sound, oh nevermind it was nothing.
kreszantas

Postby lovelyluthien » Tue May 05, 2009 3:20 pm

SteveMB, thanks for taking so much time making sure everybody can have great avatars!! I really appreciate it.
Avatar courtesy of SteveMB and Erfworld.
lovelyluthien

Postby Wisp Wings » Wed May 06, 2009 8:14 am

AWSOME!!!!!!!!!

Umm, I have a request. My mostest favoritest is the Gobwins :D (I hold a special place in my heart for cute, evil, weak monsters), but the best shot (panel 1, page 29) is covered in text :cry: . I was wondering if you could please make an avatar of one on the page :P :?:
Avatar is an one of Charlie's Archrons from the Erfworld Webcomic. May the Titans bless thee and Croak thy enemys.
Wisp Wings

Postby Supagoof » Wed May 06, 2009 1:38 pm

Those are fantastic. And now I get how you artistic people can draw so well - third hand and everything! ;) I look forward to seeing the forums grow here and more erfworld art take hold over it.

Now to go see if I can get my oots avi into erfworld form for use here! 8-)
Da Goof! Da Goof! Da Goof is on fire!
Supagoof

Postby Occasional Sage » Fri May 08, 2009 10:58 am

CourtJester wrote:
SteveMB wrote:Hmmm... do people think it would be better to establish separate threads for icon galleries and discussions? On the one hand, that makes the icons a bit easier to find; on the other hand, it's an extra complication. On the gripping hand, it's probably a good idea to establish a custom one way or the other now.

You have three hands?? O, I am envious of you, m'lord! I have but the two, and neither grips well

You've done well with these, good sir. Keep up the good work 'til the last book!

It's a reference to The Mote In God's Eye, a classic and fantastic piece of scifi; the alien species has three hands, one of which is very strong and lacks great dexterity (the "gripping hand").
Avatar courtesy of Dr. Bath of GitP!
Occasional Sage

Postby Xewleer » Sun May 10, 2009 5:53 am

Thank you for their use! Borgata is one of my favorite characters!
I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!
Looking for a worthy opponent but the one man who can face me will not fight me anymore.
Xewleer

Postby konmanrocks » Wed May 13, 2009 6:31 pm

i would like to request some of the blimps that jack the foolmancer created.
konmanrocks
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby zeekgenateer » Wed May 13, 2009 8:20 pm

Did you want one or all. Here's one.

The Pokemon one had too much text to remove. I probably couldn't get the blimps right.
zeekgenateer

Postby Vadin » Mon May 25, 2009 12:02 pm

Would someone be willing to make me an Erfworld-style avatar? OK! We've got a new Lords of Creation game started up, and I'm playing the god of heroes. It would earn eternal fame and glory and a place in my sig- my sig both here and on the Order of the Stick forums!

Some specs on my god:
Name: Rono the Mighty
Race: Human
Distinguishing characteristics: His left eye has a patch over it and there's a scar across the skin around his eye (like it got slashed). He's viking-ish. He works with dinosaurs a lot (like, that's the only kind of animal he'll make).

Below is a picture of his archenemy, Nokov the Villainous (in case it gives you any ideas)

Rono's theme colors are: red, white, yellow/gold

Beyond the above information, I implore you to have fun with it, whoever-the-wonderful-person-is-who-accepts-my-humble-request!
Vadin

Postby JohnnyEgregious » Tue May 26, 2009 2:27 am

Wisp Wings wrote:AWSOME!!!!!!!!!

Umm, I have a request. My mostest favoritest is the Gobwins :D (I hold a special place in my heart for cute, evil, weak monsters), but the best shot (panel 1, page 29) is covered in text :cry: . I was wondering if you could please make an avatar of one on the page :P :?:

I'm workin' on my thinkin' and I'm thinkin' it's improving.
JohnnyEgregious

Postby BlackDwagon » Wed May 27, 2009 5:13 pm

Might i Request a "Sometimes you just need to bust a nut" with the arkenhammer? that would be awesome! and kudos to the rest, all very good!
"Sometimes you need to tame a Dwagon, sometimes you just need to Bust a Nut."
BlackDwagon

Next

Return to Art and Images