The Battle for Gobwin Bump

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Postby LTDave » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:48 am

Well, there are a number of games being proposed and examined on this forum.
Here's my latest idea.

I will continue to run Erfworld Empires, since I think it's great. I want to keep playing in "Lords of Creation", but this is my attempt in the direction of a more "Comic Accurate" game.

That said, it's a long way from "Comic Accurate".

A Great Alliance has been called together to defeat the armies of Stanley the Tool. While Prince Ansom and his forces gather to attack Gobwin Knob, a smaller force is dispatched to capture the lesser city of Gobwin Bump.

Design your force, join the Alliance, march on Gobwin Bump, and defeat the enemy.

Premise: The Battle for Gobwin Bump is a multiplayer play-by-post grand tactical campaign. While Erfworld Empires represents the comic at an abstract level, Gobwin Bump tries to replicate the turn by turn manoeuvres of individual units and stacks.

These rules are in draft form only, and comment is invited by any interested person.

The Map:

Spoiler: show

Open Hex – Cost 1 Movement for all units to cross
Woods Hex – Cost 1 Movement for Flyers, and 2 Movement for all other units.
River Hex – Cost 1 Movement for Flyers. It takes all Movement for all other units.
Bridge – Cost 1 Movement to cross.
Mountain Hex – Cost 2 Movement for Flyers – no other unit can enter.
Lake Hex – Cost 1 movement for Flyers – no other unit can enter.
Road Hex – Cost ½ movement to cross for all units except Flyers, who act as if it were open.

Gobwin Bump is in the top left hand of the map – it must be captured for the Alliance to be victorious.

Alliance Town is in the bottom right of the map – it must be held or the Alliance units will lose support and being to disband.

Design Your Force:
Units have four stats – Move, Attack, Defence, and Hits.
For the purposes of this game, Players will design their own unit types. Each Player can have up to five distinct unit types, each with their own stats. These cannot be changed as the game progresses, so be careful in design.
Some simple rules on design:
1. Whole numbers only.
2. Units must have at least 1 point in each stat area (except movement – garrison units do not move).
3. Movement of 1 or 2 is Infantry or Siege. Movement of 3 is Cavalry; Movement of 4 or 5 is Flyer. Units may not have move higher than 5 in the game.
4. Units may not have Attack or Defence values higher than hits.
5. The cost of the unit is equal to all points added. So an Infantry with move 2, attack 2, Defence 2, and Hits 2 will cost 8 points to create.

Each Player has 200 points worth of units at the beginning of the game. Players must post their unit types and stats on the forum.

Commanders:
A Commander is a unit, like Ansom or Zamussels in the Comic. Each Player must have at least one Commander. A Commander is designed just like the Unit Types above, but each stat level counts as 2 points in cost.
In addition, Commanders have a “Level”. When the Commander is created, use the random number generator to determine the level – on a d10, 1-2 is level 1, 3-5 level 2, 6-7 level 3, 8-9 level 4, 10 level 5.
Each time a Commander is in a winning combat (ie, inflicts more hits than the opponent), the Commander gains 1 experience point. The Commander may go to the next level if they have experience points equal to the next level (ie, to go from level 3 to 4, the Commander must have 4 experience points).

Commanders increase the attack and defence values of the units they are stacked with, and may issue orders. Only units in the same hex as a Commander may move in a turn.

Combat:
In the comic, Parson says that Combat in Erfworld has a simple mechanic, and the key to victory is multipliers, not addition. The following system attempts to replicate that.

Attack or Defence – If it is your side’s turn, your units use their attack value for combat points. If it is the opposing side’s turn, your units their defence value for combat points. Total all combat points for the stack.

Stack Bonus – Parson says that the bonus for stacking maxes out at 8 units. For this game, the Stack Bonus is a multiplier from 1.0 to 1.7. For each unit beyond the first in a stack, add 0.1 to the Stack multiplier. For each unit in the stack beyond 8 total, take 0.1 from the multiplier, to a minimum of 1.0.

Commander Bonuses – for each level of the Commander in the stack, increase the Command Bonus by 0.1. If there is no Commander, the Bonus remains at 1.0.

Terrain Bonus – Some terrain increases Combat Points, particularly in Defence. Fortifications also increase this number. In attack, this number is always 1.0. In Defence, Open, Lakes, and Moutains are 1.0, Rivers, Woods are 1.5, Bridges are 2.0. Units that moved along Roads at double speed are considered to be in column – their terrain bonus is 0.5.
Note: in the Comic, Flying units may not be attacked by ground units in woods unless the ground unit is “Woods” capable. For the purposes of this game, all Scout units are considered to be “Woods” capable. Only Scouts and Characters may attack Flyers in Woods, unless Defender Flyers are stacked with Ground units, in which case they can be attacked by any unit.

Special Bonus – Specials include Dancefighting, Ditto-Mancy, etc. Default is 1.0. Rules for these will come as the game develops.

Ambush Bonus – units that enter a hex without scouting can be ambushed. The Ambush value ranges from 1.0 (no ambush) to 2.0 (ambush).

Random Number – not every combat point means a hit. The Random Number adds a bit of luck to the mix. On a d5, 1 is 15%, 2 is 20%, 3 is 25%, 4 is 30%, 5 is 35%.

Use the following formula to work out how many hits have been inflicted on the enemy:

Hits = Total Combat Points X Stack Bonus X Command Bonus X Terrain Bonus X Special Bonus X Ambush Bonus X Random Number

Round result down to nearest whole number.

The opposing stack takes the number of hits inflicted. Units are destroyed based on their stacking order – first unit listed takes maximum hits, before the next is wounded.

The Alliance Turn:
The Alliance turn is broken into two phases – Scout, and Move / Combat. At the beginning of the game, the Alliance players will elect one of their own to be Chief Warlord. It is the responsibility of the Chief to declare an end to the Scout Phase, and to the Move / Combat phase, which will end the turn.
Players may make actions appropriate to the Phase – but if a player fails to perform an action before the Chief declares an end to the phase, they may not perform any actions.

Scout Phase:

Players may create units with a special scout ability. These units are created as per normal units, except that the points cost of the movement stat is doubled.
In the Scout phase, any scout unit in the same hex as a Commander may inspect or explore a neighbouring hex for the presence of opposing troops. Each inspection costs 1 movement, and the units remains in the hex from which it started. Each exploration costs what it would cost to enter the terrain of the explored hex, and the scout will move into the hex if there is no enemy present.

If there are movement points remaining, the scout may inspect or explore further hexes.

All players give orders to their scout units. Once the Chief Warlord declares an end to the Scout Phase, the GM will examine the orders and update the map with information from hexes inspected or explored. Scout units that do not use all their movement in the Scout phase may move in the Move / Combat phase.

Figure 1:

Scout unit S has three move, and has the following orders – inspect NW (Northwest), inspect SW (Southwest), inspect S (South).

Scout unit S2 has four move, and has the following orders – explore SW, inspect SE, explore S, explore S. If a unit that is exploring encounters enemy forces it will not move into the hex, and not complete any further actions.

Move and Combat Phase:
Once the GM has reported on the actions of scouts, the Movement and Combat phase begins. Players may issue orders to units in the same hex as a Commander. Units may move into any hex, but if a unit moves into a hex that has not been scouted, it may be ambushed if enemy forces are present.

Units may be sent to attack enemy units. Players should use the spreadsheet provided to calculate the combat results. Each Unit may only fight in one combat per turn.

Units gain combat bonuses by stacking together. It is possible to attack the same stack multiple times, but each stack in a hex must be attacked before any stack is attacked more than once.

For Example:
A hex contains two stacks – Stack “A” of 8 gobwins, and stack “B” of 6 gobwins.
In order for Alliance troops to attack Stack “A” twice, stack “B” must be attacked at least once.

Players may move in any order, and may move and fight with all or some of their units at any one time.

If a stack has movement left after combat, it may move to an adjacent hex.

End of Turn:
The Alliance turn ends when the Chief Warlord declares it over. The Chief Warlord should post on the forum and send a Private Message to the GM. At the end of the Alliance turn, all units on both sides that have partial hits are healed.

Opposition Turn:
The forces of Gobwin Bump move at the discretion of the GM. Any results that impact on the Alliance players will be posted on the forum. Once the Gobwin Bump turn is over, the Alliance players may begin their Scout phase.
LTDave

Re: The Battle for Gobwin Bump

Postby LTDave » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:56 am

So that's that.

A version of these rules in word format, and the excel spreadsheet, can be found at:

http://sites.google.com/site/erfworldem ... d-campaign

Thoughts, ideas, enthusiasm?
LTDave

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:10 am

Sounds nice and interesting and I'd like to participate.

Is there any cap on how much Hits a unit can have? Because right now I'm tempted to do something like this:

Commander Shoggoth
Hits = 50*
Defense = 20*
Attack = 29*
Move = 1

with Siege ability

For a total cost of 200. No supporting units, I have allies. Full heal at start of turn.

*: may be reallocated to optimize damage resistance and firepower, as soon as I get to know the system better.

EDIT: this was not a side design! I'm still to do some crunching here.
Last edited by BLANDCorporatio on Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Crovius » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:42 am

That Commander sounds like a real monster! Pretty Awesome. I'll be interested in joiing this Dave, the other game is growing a bit tiring. I think its just the small scale that bothers me. This sounds more realistic with size.

My side will be called Bugger'al. They are tasked with defense positions, such as holding the bridges and defending the main city.

Does the commander unit count as one of our 5 types of units? I'll make him and basic infantry.

Commander Dagnabbit
Hits = 14
Defense = 10
Attack = 4
Move = 2

Cost for him is 30

Basic Infantry unit for Bugger'al

Fodderman
Hits = 4
Defense = 3
Attack = 1
Move = 2

Will cost 10 each, so a bit expensive but they make durable units.

Delver
Hits = 5
Defense = 4
Attack = 1
Move = 5 (Flier)

This unit has Scouting. At a cost of 20 it is one of the more expensive scouts, but it's ability to survive deep inside enemy territory, and getting in an out fast make it a valuable unit.

Egg Breaker
Hits = 2
Defense = 1
Attack = 1
Move = 0

Unit has following specials: Garrison, Ranged
Should cost 5 points (4 from stats, 1 from being ranged)

Egg Breakers are garrison units designed to stop enemies fast. These ranged garrison units throw small boulders to rain down upon the enemy. As Ranged units they are always the last stack to take hits.
Last edited by Crovius on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Crovius

Postby Sinrus » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:03 am

Yay, another game! Zamacomon has sent an expeditionary force from the Intrenet Continent to assist the RCC in the siege of Gobwin Bump. They lack siege, but make up for it with diverse and powerful units.

Basic infantry unit, based on Wilson the volleyball.
Wilson
Hits: 2
Defense: 1
Combat: 2
Move: 1
Cost: 6

Scouting unit, looks like a parrot.
Psittacine
Hits: 1
Combat: 1
Move: 4
Cost: 11

The next two are Zamacomon's heavy hitters.
Loggator
Hits: 3
Defense: 3
Combat: 3
Move: 3
Cost: 12

Hippipotosturapus (Hippipo for short)
Hits: 5
Combat: 5
Mount
Cost: 16

Commander unit, based on the Amazon Queen Hippolyta from Hercles's 12 Labors.
Hippotyla, Zamoan Princess
Defense: 2
Combat: 3
Move: 2
Cost: 20
Level: 3

Army composition:
Hippolyta- 20
6 Loggators- 76
4 Hippipos- 64
2 Psittacines- 22
3 Wilsons- 18
Total- 200

Question: Is it possible to pop more units if some are croaked?
Last edited by Sinrus on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sinrus

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:25 am

A few more questions:

How does siege work?

When does a city fall?

Does a stack always retaliate when being attacked?

Can you move to/through a hex occupied by the enemy and not attack? (I guess they'll attack you)

The munchkins need to know!

==============

Incidentally, Comm. Shoggoth is a nice one unit but not so good as a Commander. But seeing as how damage is dealt to the top unit in a stack first, it could be downgraded to a regular unit and protect some weakling commander and weakling units to buff up the stack bonus.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:45 am

And one more thing

Sinrus, your cost for the scout is wrong; movement costs double, so the cost of your scout is a whopping 11.

Which is the point of this post. Scouts are very important, and will be needed in mass numbers. They should be more expensive (for being scouts), but doubling the movement cost is just wicked.

And what about casters anyway? How much do those cost?
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby turbler » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:57 am

Count me in, Dave... I'll think up some stuff for a side, later. Oh, and I think that losing stack bonus for over 8 is sorta. . . dumb... just my opinion, is all
I have decided (partially out of Laziness) that I am gonna use my DIsgaea side here (different calculations, different stats, of course.)
turbler

Postby Doug » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:56 pm

Might there be room for one more in this fight, or are you guys full up?
Doug

Postby LTDave » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:52 pm

Cool - great to have some interested parties.

BLANDCorporatio - yes, your commander Shoggoth is big and scary, but by fielding only 1 unit you miss out on the stacking bonus, which allows lots of little units to be more devastating in attack and defence. Cool idea though.

Crovius - Yes, the Commander counts as one of the types of units. Remember that the cost of all stats is doubled for Commanders, so your proposed type will cost 60 points.

Sinrus - Question: Is it possible to pop more units if some are croaked?
Yes, as the game goes on there will be the possibility of getting replacements. At the GM's discretion.

And the GM will roll to determine the level of Commanders when we get going.

Q. BLANDCorporatio - How does siege work?
Siege is represented in this game by fortifications, which are basically pluses to the terrain combat bonus. Units can be tasked to attack the fortifications, reducing the level of defence. This will be a roll by the GM, and will require high attack value units.

Q. When does a city fall?
When all the opposing stacks within it are destroyed.

Q. Does a stack always retaliate when being attacked?
Yes - even if attacked multiple times in the same turn.

Q. Can you move to/through a hex occupied by the enemy and not attack?
No - this is not comic accurate if you have a commander, but for game purposes, there must be combat.

Q. Are scouts too expensive?
Yes, scouts will be important, which is why they are expensive. Most units will be move 2 or 3, so your scouts may not need move 4 or 5. Also, they don't need to have high combat or hit values - you can always stack them at the bottom, and protect them with the heavies.

Q. And what about casters anyway? How much do those cost?
I haven't really started working on the Casters. These are (BTW) incredibly rare in the Comic. Jetstone only has 4 casters. Gobwin Knob has what, 5? (Foolamancer, Thinkamancer, that girl who died, Croakamancer, Dirtamancer).
For this campaign's purpose, I'm assuming that the powers have chosen to leave the Mancers in their capitals, and just send the grunts out to do the work. There may be some kind of Mancer unit as the game progresses...

turbler - Parson says "You see a lot of 8 unit formations" If the bonus didn't degrade after 8 units, then there would be no real good reason to see a lot of 8 unit formations.

Doug - plenty of room. This game is meant to be HUGE - I think we can take what 10 or 15 players. It'll be a nightmare for the Chief Warlord, but that's his problem. For every player that joins in, I'll just pop more Gobwins.

Cheers
LTDave

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:22 am

LTDave wrote:BLANDCorporatio - yes, your commander Shoggoth is big and scary, but by fielding only 1 unit you miss out on the stacking bonus, which allows lots of little units to be more devastating in attack and defence. Cool idea though.

Even I realized that in a subsequent post, and said that the Shoggo should be downgraded to regular unit. Which I will do in the side design promptly ...

LTDave wrote:For this campaign's purpose, I'm assuming that the powers have chosen to leave the Mancers in their capitals

SPLENDID IDEA. I've dipped into two/three starting Erfworld games now, and this issue is the thorniest. Even Erfesque-lite is a behemoth. You can tell I never played DnD. My standards of "complicated but not too complicated" for game rules is Settlers of Cattan.

LTDave wrote:turbler - Parson says "You see a lot of 8 unit formations" If the bonus didn't degrade after 8 units, then there would be no real good reason to see a lot of 8 unit formations.

Even in your mechanic, this is wrong.

Assume you have identical units, or at least units with the same attack value 1. If that value is k, just multiply the numbers below by k and you get the correct results.

So a stack of eight does 8*1.8 = 14.4=>14 damage. I'm ignoring other contributions like leader, terrain, random for clarity.

A stack of 9: 9*1.7 = 15.3=>15.
10: 10*1.6 = 16=>16.
11: 11*1.5 = 16.5=>16
12: 12*1.4 = 16.8=>16
13: 13*1.3 = 16.9=>16
14: 14*1.2 = 16.8=>16
15: 15*1.1 = 16.5=>16
16: 16*1 = 16
and so on, since from the stack multiplier is kept at 1.
Last edited by BLANDCorporatio on Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:37 am

Ok, here's my slightly weird side design.

The concept is that this side, The Steam Gentlemen, didn't really care much to send a proper force. But they're willing to let an excentric noble do some battlefield testing of a crazy invention.

So, also with some quick and dirty sketches, the units!

Gyro Scope

Attack: 1
Move: 5
Ability: Flying Scout
Cost: 13

Air Gun
Ability: Flying
Cost: 7

Diwigible
Hits: 51
Attack: 21
Defense: 21
Abilities: Flying Scouting Siege. Hey it looks like a bomber, right?
Cost: 101

And of course the commander of this force

Graf Zeppellin
Hits: 2
Defense: 2
Cost: 18
Abilities: Noble, and some bonus to Diwigibles of course!,

Army composition: Graf Zeppellin with one Diwigible, 6 Air Guns and three Gyroscopes. Stacks are {Diwigible, 6*Air Gun, Graf Zeppellin} and 3*{Gyro Scope}.

Needless to say, Graf Zeppellin may (or might not) be in the Diwigible.

===============================

So ok, the idea is there's one very survivable and reasonably strong hitting stack. But it can't be everywhere at once so intel and good coordination with allies is essential.

Unless those allies plan to be mean and relegate it to home defense :twisted:
Last edited by BLANDCorporatio on Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby turbler » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:36 am

The Nether-Erf has sent its troops. Of course Overlord Laharl won't be here, but here's what will be

Commander Etna
Hits 4
Attack 3
Defense 2
Move 5
Specials: Leadership, and maybe some bonus to Pwinnies?(They're on her payroll, dood.)
Cost: 28

Pwinny
Hits 3
Attack 2
Defense 2
Move 5
Specials: Light
Cost: 12

Imp
Hits 3
Attack 1
Defense 2
Move 5
Specials: Scout, Flying

Shadow
Hits 4
Attack 3
Defense 2
Move 5
Specials: Ranged Combat, Woods Capable
Cost: 14

Manticowe (the E is silent)
Hits:5
Attack 2
Defense 3
Move: 5
Specials: Flying, Mount, Tunneling
Cost:15

The Nether-Erf has sent a total of
1 Commander Etna 30
2 Manticowe 17*2= 30
3 Pwinny 12*3 = 36
3 Shadow 14*3 = 42
4 Imps 16*4 = 64

Stack composition to start is
1. Etna, 2 Manticowes, and the Pwinny Squad(Pwinny * 3) and 3 Shadows (stack bonus 1.6X)
3. 4 Imps
Last edited by turbler on Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
turbler

Postby Sinrus » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:55 am

LTDave wrote:Q. And what about casters anyway? How much do those cost?
I haven't really started working on the Casters. These are (BTW) incredibly rare in the Comic. Jetstone only has 4 casters. Gobwin Knob has what, 5? (Foolamancer, Thinkamancer, that girl who died, Croakamancer, Dirtamancer).
For this campaign's purpose, I'm assuming that the powers have chosen to leave the Mancers in their capitals, and just send the grunts out to do the work. There may be some kind of Mancer unit as the game progresses...

I think we should leave magic out of this. Sounds great as it is, and it has canon backup.

On another note, I volunteer to be Chief Warlord.
Sinrus

Postby turbler » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:05 pm

I dunno about entirely, but casters should definitely stay outa this fight. Maybe the Powers That Be sent over a couple basic magic items? or perhaps they are hidden on the map? I mean Basic Luckamancy (better combat rolls and the like) or Shockamancy? (gives ranged combat, or something) and the like. Nothing tooo big, just trinkets really. just to make things a little bit more interesting. Personally I prefer the idea of there being some magic items on the map, rather than them already all being in sides' posession, though a bit of both could work. If Dave doesn't want Magic Items, that's all right too.
turbler

Postby Ehbobo » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:18 pm

Jetstone is taking the threat of Gobwin Bump seriously as well; they have sent a small detachment to deal with it while their main forces attack the capital.

Infantry
Hits- 1
Combat- 1
Defense- 1
Move- 1
Cost- 4

Unipegataur
Hits- 2
Combat- 1
Defense- 1
Move- 4
Cost- 8
Special: Flier, Mount

Gump
Hits- 4
Combat- 4
Defense- 3
Move- 1
Cost- 12

Lord Mar Bull
Hits- 3
Defense- 3
Combat- 2
Move- 2
Cost-20

Force Composition:
Lord Mar Bull- 20
8 infantry- 32
8 Unipegataurs- 64
7 Gumps- 84
Last edited by Ehbobo on Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ehbobo

Postby turbler » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:20 pm

dood, no fliers, no scouts? Jetstone's detachment is so croaked. though I like your warlords name :lol: nice one
turbler

Postby Ehbobo » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:47 pm

Forgot to add that UPTs are flying mounts. But no scouts, Jetstone had to rely on Transylvito, remember?
Ehbobo

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:53 pm

Wait, I think I can define two more unit types on my side. These are not part of the original army, but for future popping purposes-

Otto Motor
Attack: 3
Movement: 4
Ability: Flier
Cost: 13

Mecha Nick
Hits: 5
Attack: 3
Defense: 5
Abilities: nothing special, just a ground heavy.

And now something more about scouts. You say

Each exploration costs what it would cost to enter the terrain of the explored hex, and the scout will move into the hex if there is no enemy present.

But also

In the Scout phase, any scout unit in the same hex as a Commander may inspect or explore a neighbouring hex for the presence of opposing troops.

and

If there are movement points remaining, the scout may inspect or explore further hexes.

What I'm particularly upset about is the Commander thing. Shouldn't scouts be reasonably independent? It does have some precedent in Erfworld after all, see Vinny's Bats.

If you need a Commander in the same hex as a Scout to start scouting, well that either makes having more scouts than commanders useless or tedious, your pick. Tedious because ok, you have several scouts in a stack to inspect the neighbouring hexes. Each inspects, and reports clear, and moves to the hex in question (and cannot scout again). So in the next turns, the Commander will have to move around and recollect the scouts.

Saying, because if this is the case then I'd rather replace the Gyroscopes and an Air Gun or two with Otto Motors; the Diwigible is a Scout anyway.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby turbler » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:08 pm

The MCC (Mini Crown Coalition): A Strategical Analysis
this is very basic, just a warning. I'm doing this because (and this seems to happen a lot,) I got bored waiting for the game to start.

Strategy
"Our secret weapon, would obviously be the Diwigible, and it can scout. whenever the Diwigible moves, I reccomend it be an Exploration (if it sees an enemy, it doesn't engage and stays where it is. The Gyroscopes make great scouts (as do my Imps, and the Delvers) and should be used as such. Graf should clearly stay with his Diwigible, and the Air Gunners make good escorts (read: defense for the Diwigible). Use them to max the stack bonus on the Diwigable. The Otto Motor is like an upgraded Air Gunner, and should be used as such. The Mecha Nick is more suited to the Hippipo and Loggator (your princess better be able to mount dood), as they are all strong ground units with the same move (they could Caravan). Until we get some Otto Motors out on the field, some of my Shadows could acompany the Diwigible. Jetstone's Infantry, and their warlord should get on the unipegtaurs and head out, they should be strong enough as a stack, and I could scout ahead for them, since htey have no scouts. The flying stacks should head north, since the roads do nothing for them, then they can move out NW towards Gobwin Bump. The ground units (who aren't mounted on a flier), should head out to the west on the roads and bridges. If need be some of the fliers can head out to the west on the roadways (Unipegtaurs in particular, along with their riders, would benefit from this.) the reason I feel the forces should split, is that then Gobwin Bump will be surrounded. Never move without scouting out (or Exploring) the Hex first, we absolutely cannot afford an ambush. It would be hard to set up our own ambushes, 'cause I doubt Gobwin Bump will do much attacking, until we near the city. And one more thing to everyone, please don't end turn on a road, you're asking for your own Croaking. Bridges however, are easily defenseable positions. avoid attacking units stationed at a bridge, and as a rule of thumb, hit targets of opportunity (obviously. Specifically, units on Roads, who probably have no hope of defending themselves, so you can croak the boop out of them." Etna took a breath after this. "I know I'm sorta stealing Chief Warlord Hyppotyla's job, but these are all just suggestions, so if anyone else has any ideas, go ahead."
turbler

Next

Return to Your Games