Erfworld Game

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Erfworld Game

Postby Kaed » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:46 pm

I've been having a vaguely formulated idea forming for some time now. I think it is a neat one, but it will require some constructive input by other readers and possibly some support by The Titans to put it together. I don't claim to have thought of everything. xP

Note: This forum seems to have a game going on already, called Erfworld Empires. While it looks like a neat game, I have looked over the rules and they are currently in a format that is simplified to be quick to play and still work within what we know. For instance, only 3 terrain types exist in it. The following is going to be an ongoing project for a more complex game. That adheres as strictly as possible to the rules within Erfworld.

The idea came from a number of other forums where I see people having formalized or sometimes casual role playing games on a post-by-post basis. So, I thought perhaps we could run an Erfworld game, or games.

The basic idea is this - the starting players, and new players that wish to join later, pop as new side. I've seen a few "What would your side be like if you had one?" threads, so I know the idea isn't alien to you forumites. xD This will be a separate world from the comic proper. No Jetstone, Unaroyal, Gobwin Knob will exist here.

Now, we don't know everything about Erfworld yet, but here's the thing - this is a big project. I'm talking about formalizing a rule set that makes the game functional and fair, but also gives the game room for the creativity that makes the comic so interesting. If any of you do tabletop, you could help a lot here.

See here for current rules viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1151&p=26043#p26043

This is all what could be considered a pre-Alpha, conceptual version of the game. I need constructive input here and ideas.

Above all though, players involved would need to be creative and patient. If you cannot sit down long enough to properly manage a side and post things that are interesting and more than a couple sentences long, you probably should not be considering playing. Feel free to try and help shape the game though. It won't be starting for some time, I think.
Last edited by Kaed on Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Re: Erfworld Game

Postby Sinrus » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:57 pm

I made the map in Paint, so you could save it onto there and zoom in. At higher magnification, the individual hexes are easy to work with.
Sinrus

Postby Kaed » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:05 pm

Sinrus wrote:I made the map in Paint, so you could save it onto there and zoom in. At higher magnification, the individual hexes are easy to work with.

Not really, there's a significant quality drop from however you saved it or uploaded it. Perhaps the image host had a maximum image/file size. Either way, zooming into that image has such poor quality as to be unusable >.<
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Watsit Hoohow » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:00 pm

I think cities would probably be the biggest issue to work out for such an undertaking, so I guess I could try to put up something basic for that. Not going to get into mathamancy.

Blah blah blah summed up from the wiki:

Cities are multi-hex areas that have several different zones (though do not necessarily have all of them) and a Garrison.

-Outer Walls (needs to be breached, but things can get in once it is). The hexes right around a city.
-Tunnels (light units only with exception for certain units). Also, if enough tunnels are collapse, the city will be destroyed. On a lower plane; hexes are underneath the city.
-Airspace (fliers only). On a higher plane; hexes are "above" the city.
-Garrison (accessible from other zones). Presumably the core hexes of a city.

The Garrison is a special zone. If it falls, the city falls with it. It's subdivided into three other zones:
-The Courtyard (accessible from the Outer Wall and other Garrison zones). Has another garrison wall that you have to get through.
-The Dungeon (accessible from the Tunnels and other Garrison zones). Gives a bonus to Dirtamancers and Tunnel units.
-The Tower (accessible from the Airspace and other Garrison zones). Gives a bonus to casters.

Cities can also contain additional hexes (possibly classifiable as zones, though they don't have a way into the garrison), like Gobwin Knob's lava.

The side that owns the city doesn't need to use move to get from place to place. An invading army does.

Units can become garrison units, (we'll presume it's to reduce their upkeep) and set their move to 0. It costs schmuckers to promote a unit from Garrison, most likely depending on the unit.

A city's "defensive strength" (the defense of its walls) is determined by a combination of the terrain and its level.

Cities can be upgraded to new levels (to a maximum of 5) by spending schmuckers to increase its size, the strength of its defenses, and the variety of units that can be popped there.

If a warlord is present in a city, they can spend the turn walking around it to increase the number of schmuckers the city produces, reduce upkeep for units that also spend the turn in the city, and lower costs.

If there is no ruler of the side a city belongs to, a city becomes neutral. The units inside the city can do nothing and are basically sitting ducks.

Units with the siege ability are required to breach the Outer Walls.

If a captured city is destroyed and rebuilt, the choice of units it can pop will match that of the controlling side's capital.

Cities have portals to the Magic Kingdom accessible only to casters. Through this, it is possible to hire casters from the Magic Kingdom.

Now we stray more into fanon stuffs:

Cities have "Zones of Control" that allow it to have claim of farms and possibly other terrain features. If a city has a farm within its zone of control, the upkeep of units in the city is reduced.

A portal might only be included if schmuckers are expending to form it.

Cities with tunnel zones can expend schmuckers to build a mine in the tunnels. Tunnel-capable units and dirtamancers can be stationed in the mine to provide extra income per turn.

Cities are built in various "sites" scattered around the map. These sites can be claimed by warlords of any side--even barbarians, in which case a new side is started. If a city is destroyed, such as if too many tunnels collapse, it reverts to a site.

The number of schmuckers a city produces per turn is a combination of its level, the number of units stationed in a mine, and whether or not a warlord is overseeing it.

That's probably not everything, but if you need me, I'll try to contribute. I don't know!
Very Amazing Adventures (possibly inappropriate)
Watsit Hoohow

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:51 am

Watsit Hoohow wrote:I think cities would probably be the biggest issue to work out for such an undertaking, so I guess I could try to put up something basic for that.

Nah, Mancy will be the biggest issue since there are so many schools of it. Summarizing that, and noting some I think unresolved issues (URIx); you probably can clarify some of these-

Mancy = spells. Special units called Casters are required to use mancy abilities. There are several schools of Mancy, and a Caster will specialize in a few from which they can then cast spells.(URI1, 2, 4)

Casting spells requires "juice"=mana. Juice replenishes fully at the start of turn for the Caster's side. (URI3, 4)

There are also magic scrolls that are one-use-only and allow a Caster to access spells outside their disciplines of specialty. Casting from a scroll does not expend juice.

Casting can be done during the turn of the Caster's side, or "defensively" out-of-turn, meaning that spells can be cast out of turn when their effect is to hamper an offending force. (URI5)

Casters pop randomly when a side tries to pop a Warlord: there's a chance that a Caster pops instead. It is claimed by Erfworlders that a starting side has a better chance of getting Casters, because "the Titans will supply what is needed".

Like Warlords, Casters can lead troops, meaning they allow stacks of units to follow more complex orders and not auto-attack. Unlike Warlords, Casters do not usually offer bonuses to units; exceptions are when the units have some mancy-component themselves and the Caster is of the same mancy: Croakamancers give bonuses to Uncroaked, Dirtamancers give bonuses to the various Dirt and Rock Golems etc.

Casters can be hired from the Magic Kingdom. (URI6)

=============================================
NOT going into spells right now.

=============================================

And now for the unresolved issues:

URI1: how many schools of mancy can a Caster become adept in? Is this a rigid cap like say 3, or is there some kind of points system, allowing the Caster to spread skill points at will?

URI2: how does a Caster gain access to new spells? Must they be researched/learned? Automatically gained on caster-level-up?

URI3: how does a Caster increase the juice pool? Levelling up? Speaking of which-

URI4: what levels does a Caster have? Caster-level and Combat-level, and each require casting and combat respectively to improve? Or an aggregated number?

URI5: this seriously needs a better definition; can't Thinkagrams be cast out of turn for example? It looks like there's too many exceptions to make a rule out of this either way.

URI6: if a Caster is hired, what's the upkeep cost and respectively the Loyalty/Duty? Presumably, the cost should be higher and/or the Loyalty/Duty lower for a hired Caster than for a popped Caster, otherwise popping Casters, while a nice bonus, would not mean much.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:27 pm

Watsit Hoohow wrote:Stuff on cities

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Stuff on casting

You both make excellent point, and well written ones too. I was honestly expecting a couple very brief arguments about making the game being impossible or something, but you actually managed to make some good points.

In any case, since this is an alpha-model of the game we're slapping together, I'm going to put out some rules ideas. They are by no means final, of course.

On Cities
See Updated Errata - viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1151&p=26096#p26096

On Casters
Though we do not know about all the types of casters yet, we can lay down some basic rules for them.

-Casters begin as Level 1 in their Discipline. They pop with a Juice cap of 30 a day, and players can do what they wish with that within the range of what the Discipline does. Each level they gain gives them 30 extra juice to work with, and they can gain XP by casting equal to 10% of the juice used in a spell (minimum 1 XP per cast, maximum 3 XP per level, per day), plus XP from anything they might have Croaked in the process. Moderators will need to approve any new use of Juice and/or set a Juice cost on it, which may be higher than the current Juice maximum of the caster.
-Bi- or Tri-caster Linking is simply pooling all available casters Juice totals together, minus 50% of the Thinkamancers to maintain the link that turn, and then using that to cast a spell. Trimancer Linking allows the two casters not facilitating the link to find a way to cross their Disciplines or Schools.
-Only Thinkamancers with a Juice total currently over 50 may form a Bimancer link.
-Only Thinkamancers with a Juice total currently over 100 may form a Trimancer link.
-The maximum Juice of a caster is 150 (level 5 caster). After that, each level causes all castings to incur a 5% cumulative decrease in Juice cost. It is theoretically possible to reach 100% decreased Juice cost, but functionally impossible due to exponential XP requirements.
-Casters outside of a link may only use up to 60% of their maximum Juice in a single spell.
-Casters have a 15% chance on popping to have talent for the other Disciplines in their School. They also have a 1% chance to have talent in all Schools of magic, excepting of course Retconjuration. 'Talent' in this case entails the ability to cast from other schools for up to 10% of your Juice maximum a day, or 15% after passing 100 Juice. Additionally, such casters can use High-Level scrolls intended for use by a caster outside of their Discipline, such as the scroll that summoned Parson. Normally scrolls that cast a spell that would have a juice cost of over 100 must be used by a caster of one of the Disciplines involved in the spell.

Some examples of spell costs-
See here. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1151#p26065

Also, a rough idea of XP requirements for level 2 and beyond -

2 - 15
3 - 32
4 - 55
5 - 120
6 - 250
7 - 540
8 - 1200
9 - 3000
10 - 7500
11 - 20000
12+ - Ain't nobody getting close to this >_>
Last edited by Kaed on Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Sinrus » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:32 pm

Okay, looks good for warlords and cities. Turbler posted this on the Erf-esque-lite thread, and I like it a bit more than your system. Everything else you have is awesome, but I think what is here ought to replace some of your rules.

turbler wrote:I have decided to do the magic system!

The Magic System
When recieving a warlord token (which in and of itself is quite variant from canon, as sides can choose when they wanna pop a warlord, but I digress), roll a 1d(1+6^C)where C= the # of casters your side controls.
In chart form:
C=0|1d2
C=1|1d7
C=2|1d37
C=3|1d217
C=4|1d1297
We'll deal with anything past that when we get there.
When you roll a (the number of sides of the die you rolled, so 2 for 1d2, 37 for 1d37), a caster pops. roll a 1d25 for what Type of caster you get.
1|Findamancer
2|Predictamancer
3|Mathamancer
4|Turnamancer
5|Dollamancer
6|Weirdomancer
7|Dirtamancer
8|Changeamancer
9|Dittomancer
10|Lookamancer
11|Thinkamancer
12|Foolamancer
13|Florist
14|Signamancer
15|Date-a-mancer
16|Shockamancer
17|Croakamancer
18|Thinkamancer
19|Hat Magician
20|Carnymancer
21|Rhyme-o-mancer
22|Luckamancy
23|Healomancy
24|Moneymancy
25|Thinkamancer
yes, Thinkmancer appears not once, nor twice, but thrice. 'Cause most sides have one canonically, so I made 'em the most common.

I'm going to start compiling a spell list!
Sinrus

Postby Kaed » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:01 pm

Sinrus wrote:Okay, looks good for warlords and cities. Turbler posted this on the Erf-esque-lite thread, and I like it a bit more than your system. Everything else you have is awesome, but I think what is here ought to replace some of your rules.

turbler wrote:A bunch of awesome mathematical stuff that makes the nerd in me squee.

I'm going to start compiling a spell list!

That's awesome, I like Turbler's idea ;D

And yes, Thinkamancers are one of the most all around useful casters so they should be more likely to get I think.

Be sure to share the spell list with us xD
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby turbler » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:11 pm

so this is the erfworld game forum. It's good to see my work appreciated... although I wish that we were back in the other game, if only for the reason that it seems closer to getting off the ground, and I already new the system, made a side -_-". ah well, I suppose it cannot be helped. If Sinrus wants to go ahead and do spell list, go right on ahead, I started one on the other game, but it was zetta tiring, so I'll leave it up to you, Sinrus.
turbler

Postby Sinrus » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:40 pm

Okay, here goes nothing. In my mind, a caster starts with access to all of the spells in their discipline and juice is the only limit. At level 5, they gain limited access to other spells in their school. At level 10, they get more access (but not complete) to other spells in their school. For spells that require level modifiers, a level 5 counts as level 2 in other schools and a level 10 counts as a level 5.
Example: Bob the thinkamancer pops and is given an artifact that gives him infinite juice. He can now cast any thinkamancy spells. Bob levels up to 5. He gains the ability to cast lookamancy and foolamancy spells as a level 2 lookamancer/foolamancer. Bob levels up to 10. He gains the ability to cast even more lookamancy and foolamancy spells as a level 4 lookamancer/foolamancer.

Bicaster links do nothing but boost the juice of the linked non-thinkamancer. Most tricaster links have never been tried on Erf. There are no set list of spells for such links, the GM will tell you whether or not a link can do what you want it to once it is activated.

SPELL LIST COMPENDIUM!!!!

Stagemancy

Carnymancy
Spoiler: show
Tame: Roll a d10 and add caster's level. If result is above target wild unit's current HP, it turn's to caster's side. 20 juice. Usable by level 10 stagemancers.
Master Ball: Automatically turns a wild unit to caster's side. 75 juice.
Levitate: Grants target unit the flight special for 1 turn. 30 juice. Usable by level 10 stagemancers.
Extort: Target non-allied stack's upkeep goes up by ten, with those ten schmuckers going to caster's side. 40 juice.
Caster Cannon: Cannon appears and fires caster. Treat as a ranged attack from a siege unit with 8 combat. 40 juice.
Rigged: Target stack's random roll for a combat round is lowered by 5 (min. 1). 15 juice. Usable by level 5 stagemancers.

Hat Magic
Portal Hat: Hat grows to huge size and is used to teleport units. 1 juice per unit, plus 3 juice per hex. Usable by level 10 stagemancers.
Hat Magicians need a hat to use all of their spells. If their hat is removed, they can not cast Hat Magic.
Create Message Hat: Creates hat that can be used to transmit written messages. 10 juice.
Hammer Hat: Accesses the hammerspace in a hat, which can hold any number of items. 10 juice. Usable by level 5 stagemancers.
Pull: Pulls a doomwabbit out of a hat. The doomwabbit (HP 5, Attack 3, Defense 1, Move 6, Upkeep 20) is loyal only to the caster. 40 juice.
Bow Hat: Launches a volley of arrows out of a hat. Treat as a ranged attack from an archer with 3 combat which hits all units in target stack. 20 juice.
Artillery Hat: Launches a cannon ball out of a hat. Treat as a ranged attack from a siege unit with 10 combat which hits all units in target stack. 50 juice.

Rhyme-o-mancy
Talent Show: Allows the caster to play some magical music, that allows the units in it's stack to Dance-Fight. 30 Juice Can be cast by a level 5 Stagemancer
DJ: Allows all the allied units in the casters' Hex to dance-fight for 60 Juice, can be cast by a level 10 Stagemancer
Campsong: A spell used off turn, the next turn the Side takes, all the units in the casters stack when the spell is cast gain +1 Combat, Hits, Defense and Move. wears off after the turn. 75 Juice, can be used by a level 10 Stagemancer
Legend: As campsong, but affects all allies in the hex. 120 Juice.
Solioquy: Affects the mood of a Warlord, causing him to act irrationally (e.g. auto attacking, or retreating, or maybe randomly letting hits be dispersed amongst his troops randomly) Irattional action must be chosen with spell, and only 1 may be selected, for every 40 juice spent, the spell lasts 1 turn. X Juice, can be cast by level 10 Stagemancers
White Noise: Cancels all non-allied dance-fight or rhyme-a-mancy effects in the hex. 90 juice
Rythm: Gives a Warlord the ability to lead a dance fight, permanently. 250 juice.

Hippiemancy

Flower Power
Floral Growth: Grasslands become forest, forest becomes dense (or vice versa), affects one hex, either the casters' hex or an adjacent hex. 20 juice.
Floral Booster: As Floral Growth, but can affect any one hex within 2 hexes of the caster, and affects all the hexes around the chosen Hex. 40 juice.
Flaking: Makes a unit feel like they blinked, but they missed a whole Turn! Casted off turn, when a unit attempts to take an action, this spell can be cast on them, and they will stand stil, eyes closed, until turns end. Can be cast if an action would take a unit into/through the Casters' Hex. The unit stops 1 hex outside the casters' hex. if the unit was IN the casters' hex then they stop there instead. The caster can instead choose to cast this when there is a battle in the hex the caster is in, and the chosen unit will be incapacitated. 30 juice.
Mass Flaking: As Flaking, but hits a whole stack. 100 Juice.
Widespread Flaking: As Flaking, but hits an entire hex (only non-allies). 200 Juice.
Floral Cover: Increases decomposition speed, eliminating all corpses within up to (Caster's level -1) of the caster (so you can't uncroak them) and increases decomposition speed of the Uncroaked, burns up 1 extra turn for units on grasslands/swamps, 2 for forests, and 3 for dense forests. only affects non-allied units, and only affects units on Grasslands, Forests, or dense forests. costs 15 juice*range level chosen (at level 3, you can choose to cast at level 2, for only 30 juice instead of level 3 for 45.)
Peace: Target unit is overwhelmed by love and unable to engage in combat until next turn, but all other abilities are functional. Can not be cast if target is already in combat. 15 juice.
Mass Peace: As Peace, but targets an entire stack. 45 juice.
Peace on Erf: As Peace, but affects all non-allied units in target hex, which can be up to 2 hexes away from caster.
Attack of the Trees: Only usable in forest hexes. Tress come to life and attack a stack once. Treat as 3 combat in light and 6 in dense. 25 juice.
Death from the Trees: As Attack of the Trees, but treat as 5 combat in light and 9 combat in Dense. 35 Juice.
Flora Trap: Attack of the trees in trap form. 35 Juice.
Tree Trap: Death from the trees, the trap. 45 Juice.

Eyemancy

Thinkamancy
Thinkagram, One-Way: Allows the communication between two units, but only the one nearest to the caster may speak. 10 Juice. Usable by level 5 eyemancers.
Thinkagram, Two-Way: As One-Way Thinkagram, but both units may speak. 20 juice. Usable by level 10 eyemancers.
Hoboken: Minor attack spell, ignores defense due to the mental nature of the attack. Treat as attack from a unit with 3 combat. 15 juice.
Check Status: Allows the thinkamancer to see, from a distance, a unit or group of units' status. 1-5 juice. Usable by level 5 eyemancers.
Suggestion: Target unit will follow the will of the caster, but will not do anything that violates his/her beliefs. 30 juice. Usable by level 10 eyemancers.
Mind Numb: Target unit is unable to take any action, including combat, until beginning of its next turn. 15 juice. Usable by level 10 eyemancers.
Mind Numb, Mass: Target stack is unable to take any action until end of turn. 50 juice.
Lobotomy: Any thinkamancy induced effects are removed, 50% chance if affliction was cast by a higher level thinkamancer. 15 juice. Usable by level 5 eyemancers.
Brain Shield: Mind-effecting magic, positive or negative, is blocked for caster level turns. 30 juice. Usable by level 10 eyemancers.
Detect Unit: Picks up brain waves in adjacent hex, telling thinkamancer how many units there are and what type. 10 juice.
Thought Sight: Thinkamancer can read target unit's thoughts within hex. 40 juice. Usable by level 5 eyemancers.
Thought-noculars: As Thought Sight, but up to 1 hex away. 50 juice. Usable by level 10 eyemancers.
Thought Scope: As Thought Sight, but up to 5 hexes away. 60 juice.
Callahans: Forms a link. 50 juice for bicaster link, 100 juice for tricaster link.
Scout Link: Scouts can relay information to a commander from any distance, if caster is near aforementioned commander. 5 juice.
Propaganda: Raises or lowers up to 50 units' loyalty by a small amount. 35 juice.
Brain Wash: Raises or lowers target unit's loyalty by a large amount. 80 juice.

Foolamancy
Veil: Creates illusion around caster's stack, disguising it from enemies. Each commander in the same hex as the veil has a 10% chance of automatically dispelling it when a veiled unit is seen. Illusion must be of similar size to veiled unit. 20 juice. Usable by level 5 eyemancers.
Mass Veil: As Veil, but targets up to every friendly unit in caster's hex. 40 juice. Usable by level 10 eyemancers.
City Veil: As Veil, but usable only when caster is in a city to disguise the city and every unit in it. 70 juice.
Unnoticeable: Makes target unit unnoticeable by any senses with touch range. Taking any action other than moving ends spell. 30 juice.
Displacement:Target stack becomes invisible, and an illusion of that stack appears some distance away. The image behaves as the stack, and reveals the stack just as it is. 15 juice. Usable by level 5 eyemancers.
Illusory Picture: Creates an incorporeal, moving 2d image. 20 juice. Usable by level 5 eyemancers and level 1o numbers-aligned casters.
False Sight: Creates an illusory 3d image. 30 juice. Usable by level 10 eyemancers.
Ventriloquist: Creates a sound. 10 juice.

Lookamancy
Veil Buster: Dispells Veil, 50% chance if caster is lower level than Veil's caster. 35 juice. Usable by level 5 eyemancers.
Recon: Caster can see all units in an adjacent hex with normal chance to dispell any Veils. 20 juice. Usable by level 5 eyemancers.
Scout: As Recon, but up to 5 hexes away. 40 juice. Usable by level 10 eyemancers.
Spy Plane: As Recon, but up to 20 hexes away. 60 juice.
Line of Sight: Spy Plane, but sees into all hexes in a straight line. 80 juice.
Intelligence Report: All units positions within 15 hexes of caster are revealed. 110 juice.

Naughtymancy

Croakamancy
Reanimate: Uncroaks a single unit with full original stats, decays at 10% every 10 turns. 30 juice. Usable by level 5 naughtymancers.
Zombify: Uncroaks a single stack with 1/2 original stats, decays at 25% every 5 turns. 55 juice. Usable by level 10 naughtymancers.
Trioxin: Uncroaks all units in a hex or city zone with 1/10 original stats (min. 1), decays in 2 turns. 100 juice.
Zompocalypse: Uncroaks all units within 2 hexes or the same city as caster with 1/10 original stats, decays in 2 turns. 250 juice.
Shadow Beam: Launches a blast of dark energy which negates defense due to magical nature. Treat as and attack from a unit with 4 combat. 10 juice. Usable by level 5 naughtymancers.
Shadow Blast: As Shadow Beam, but as an attack from a unit with 6 combat. 20 juice. Usable by level 10 Naughtymancers.
Shadow Cannon: As Shadow Beam, but hits all members of target stack. 40 juice.
Reanimation Blast: As Shadow Blast, but if target unit is croaked it is instantly Reanimated. 35 juice. Usable by level 10 naughtymancers.
Zombie Cannon: As Shadow Cannon, but if any units in the target stack are croaked they are instantly zombified. 80 juice.

Shockmancy
Flash: Only the units flashing can be seen in a hex. 30 juice.
Tesla: Burst of electricity that ignores defense. Treat as attack from a unit with 4 combat, with double damage against fliers. 10 juice. Usable by level 5 naughtymancers.
Tubgirl: Burst of electricity that stuns target unit for duration of combat. 15 juice. Usable by level 5 naughtymancers.
Storm Call: When cast in a city, this spell causes a torrential downpour that increases farm production by 10% for a turn.
Lightning: As Tesla, but treat as an attack from a unit with 8 combat. 30 juice. Usable by level 10 naughtymancers.
Chain Lightning: As Lightning, but after each hit the bolt hits the next member of target stack. Effective combat drops by one each hit. 50 juice.
Beacon Trap: When a unit hits this invisible trap, all nearby units allied with caster are alerted, units in the stack that triggered it are blinded and unable to act for three actions, and if they were veiled it is dispelled. 5 juice.
Lightning Trap: As Lighting, but triggered when invisible trap is touched. 35 juice.
Stun Trap: As Tubgirl, but triggered when invisible trap is touched. 20 juice.
Morse: If two units can see each other, flashes of light convey a message. 5 juice.

Stuffamancy

Dirtamancy
Yes We Can: Lowers cost to build or upgrade a city by 1/3. 60 juice.
Pit Trap: When this trap is triggered, trigger stack falls into a deep hole. Treat as attack from unit with 3 combat. 10 juice.
Cave-in Trap: Can only be cast in tunnels. When this trap is triggered, tunnel collapses and automatically croaks trigger stack. 100 juice.
Avalanche Trap: Can only be cast in tunnels/mountains. When this trap is triggered, rocks rain down and crush trigger stack. Treat as attack from unit with 20 combat. 60 juice.
Mine Cart: Must be cast in a mine. +5% chance per level (max. +50%) to hit a gem node. 75 juice. Usable by level 10 stuffamancers.
Dynamite: Must be cast in mine. Mine produces +10% more schmuckers this turn. 30 juice. Usable by level 5 stuffamancers.
Create Crap Golems: Create a maximum of (city level) Crap golems. (10 juice/golem)
Create Soft Rock Golem: Requires any mountain or volcano within city’s zone of control. Create (city level) Soft rock golems. (30 Juice/golem)
Create Hard Rock Golem: Requires an impassable mountain or volcano within city’s zone of control. Create (city level/2) Hard Rock golems. (50 Juice/golem)
Create Acid Golem: Requires a swamp within city’s zone of control. Create (City level/2) Acid Golems. (60 Juice/golem).
Create Metal Golem: Requires a Mine within city’s zone of control. Create (City level/2,5) Metal Golems. (80 juice/golem).
Pozzolana: Heals dirtamancy golems 1 HP per caster level, can not exceed max HP. 5 juice.

Crap Golem
”When life gives you crap, you create Crap Golems…”
Upkeep 20 each. - HP 5, Attack 4, defense 2, Move 3, Heavy, Dirt Golem, Tunneler

Soft Rock Golem
”Soft Rock Golems are like Soft ice cream. Easy to create and easy to eat.”
Upkeep 55 each. - HP 8, Attack 6, defense 4, Move 3, Heavy, Dirt Golem, Tunneler

Hard Rock Golems
”If we could teach this things how to rock out! Then they would be useful!
Upkeep 100 each. - HP 15, Attack 9, defense 7, Move 3, Heavy, Dirt Golem, Tunneler

Acid Golem
“Don’t touch ‘em. They consume you when you do that.”
Upkeep 120 each. – HP 14, Attack 10, Defence 6, Move 3, Heavy, Dirt Golem, Toxin, Tunneler

Metal Golem
“If these monsters would be able to dance fight, they would be unstoppable.”
Upkeep 200 each. – HP 20, Attack 16, Defence 10, Move 3, Heavy, Dirt Golem, Tunneler

Dirt Golem: All units with the Golem special will receive an additional +1/level Dirtamancy bonus in any combat when a Dirtamancer is in the stack.

Toxin: A stack that fought a combat with a toxin unit but is not whipped out in the combat (through withdrawal or defeating the opponent stack) will receive damage as if they are attacked by all units with toxin that attacked them previous combat (also the defeated ones).

Dittomancy
Double Stat: One of target stack's stats is doubled. If cast again, effects stack to effectively quadruple the stat. 30 juice. Usable by level 5 stuffamancers.
Mass Double Stat: As Double Stat, but targets up to 5 stacks. 90 juice. Usable by level 10 stuffamancers.
Widespread Double Stat: As Double Stat, but targets up to 20 stacks. 200 juice.
Zerox: Creates a copy of a single unit with full original stats, disappears after 10 turns. 20 juice. Usable by level 5 stuffamancers.
Mass Zerox: Creates a copy a single stack with 1/2 original stats, disappears after 5 turns. 55 juice. Usable by level 10 stuffamancers.
Widespread Zerox: Creates copies of all units in a hex or city zone with 1/10 original stats (min. 1), disappears after 2 turns. 100 juice.
Attack of the Clones: Creates copies of all units within 2 hexes or in the same city as caster with 1/10 original stats, disappears after 1 turn. 250 juice.
Double Bonus: Doubles a bonus, no matter what kind. 45 juice.
Double Duration: Doubles the amount of turns a spell is active for no matter the discipline. No concrete juice cost, must repay cost of casting spell originally.

Changemancy
Edit Stat: Changes any stat (if used to lower HP it is an attack spell, if used to heighten HP it raises the maximum) by 1 point, lasts for 5 turns. 10 juice. Usable by level 5 stuffamancers.
Rewrite Stat: As Edit Stat, but changes up to 3 and lasts 7 turns. 60 juice. Usable by level 10 stuffamancers.
Retcon Stat: As Edit Stat, but changes up to 5 and lasts 10 turns. 110 juice.
Flip Location: Terrain and buildings in hexes bordering caster's hex spin 180 degrees. 55 juice.
Edit Terrain: One hex undergoes a minor terrain change. Dense forest can change to forest. Forest can change to dense forest or open. Open can change to forest, swamp, desert, or mountain. Swamp can change to water. Mountain can change to impassable mountain. 15 juice. Usable by level 10 stuffamancers.
Rewrite Terrain: As Edit Terrain, but terrain can change two steps (i.e. Dense forest to open or desert to swamp). 45 juice.
Retcon Terrain: As edit Terrain, but terrain can make any change. 75 juice.
Mass Edit Terrain: As Edit Terrain, but effects up to 5 bordering hexes. 75 juice.
Mass Rewrite Terrain: As Rewrite Terrain, but effects up to 5 bordering hexes. 165 juice.
Edit Special: Changes target unit's special for up to 5 turns. 40 juice. Usable by level 10 stuffamancers.
Rewrite Special: As Edit Special, but effects an entire stack. 70 juice.
Retcon Special: As Edit Special, but permanent. 180 juice.

Clevermancy

Healomancy:
Band-aid: Heals 1d4+ caster's level hits, can be spread among members of a stack. 10 juice. Usable by level 5 clevermancers.
Moonbrooke: Heals 1d10+ caster's level hits, can be spread among members of a stack. 25 juice. Usable by level 10 clevermancers.
Antibiotic: Heals target unit of toxin. 15 juice. Usable by level 5 clevermancers.
Vaccine: Target unit gains special "Vaccinated," which permanently protects from toxin. 40 juice.
Prevention: Target unit gains 2 defense for 10 turns. 40 juice.
Mass Prevention: As Prevention, but targets up to 10 units. 75 juice.
Purge: Attack spell that bypasses defense but only effects uncroaked. Treat as an attack from a unit with 7 combat. 15 juice. Usable by level 10 clevermancers.
Mass Purge: As Purge, but targets all uncroaked in a stack. 45 juice.
Widespread Purge: As Purge, but targets all uncroaked in caster's hex. 135 juice.

Moneymancy:
Transfer Funds: Instantly transfers schmuckers from one city to another. 5 juice.
Invest: If caster remains in a city his/her whole turn and casts this spell, schmucker production is doubled. 125 juice.
Gold Rush: Can only be cast while in a mine. Schmucker production in the mine is increased by 50% (stacks with warlord patrol bonus). 25 juice. Usable by level 10 clevermancers.
Pay Cut: Target unit's upkeep is reduced by 2/3. 30 juice. Usable by level 5 clevermancers.
Mass Pay Cut: Up to 10 units' upkeep is reduced by 1/2. 75 juice. Usable by level 10 clevermancers.
Widespread Pay Cut: All friendly units' upkeep in caster's city/hex is reduced by 1/3. 125 juice.
Minimum Wage: All units' upkeeps on caster's side is reduced by 1/5. 250 juice.
Cut Corners: When building our upgrading a city with caster present, it costs 3/4 as many schmuckers. 60 juice.

Luckamancy
Nobody Saw That: Reroll one random roll. 10 juice. Usable by level 5 clevermancers.
Nudge the Die: Add caster level to roll. Usable by level 10 clevermancers.
Vegas: When rolling a die, divide maximum possible number by 10 and add it and caster level to your total, rounding up to nearest whole number. 30 juice.
Loaded Dice: As Vegas, but a) subtract and round down, rather than add and round up, from an opponent's roll. b) add double caster level to total. 60 juice.
Snake-eyes: Summon a gambling serpent (HP 3, Attack 4, Defense 2, Move 3, Upkeep 20) that is loyal to caster. 20 juice.
Gamble: Roll a d100 (this roll can not be affected by luckamancy). 100 juice.
1-10: Lose Big, minus 10,000 schmuckers.
11-35: Lose, minus 1,000 schmuckers.
36-50: Small Loss, minus 100 schmuckers.
51-65: Small Win, plus 100 schmuckers.
66-90: Win, plus 1,000 schmuckers.
91-100 Win Big, plus 10,000 schmuckers.

Spookism

Turnamancy
Accelerate: Increase target unit's speed by 25%. 15 juice. Usable by level 5 spookists.
Speed Boost: Increase target stack's move be 50%. 40 juice. Usable by level 10 spookists.
Prolong: Effects that wear off over time last 50% longer. 45 juice. Usable by level 10 spookists.
Prolooooong: As Prolong, but last twice as long. 90 juice.
Boost City Production: Can only be cast in a city. Lowers recruitment time of all units in city by 1/3. 30 juice.
Boost Region Production: Lowers recruitment time of all units in the three friendly cities closest to caster by 1/3. 90 juice.
Boost Side Production: Lowers recruitment time of all units in the caster's side by 1/3. 150 juice.
Record Production Speed: As Boost Side Production, but lowers recruitment time by 1/2. 210 juice.
Benedict: Turns unit. 1/2 juice for captured sentient basic units, 1 juice for sentient basic units, 10 juice for captured knight units, 25 juice for knight units, 100 juice for captured casters, 300 juice for casters and captured warlords, 500 juice for warlords, 750 juice for chief warlords, 1000 juice for heir. Juice costs carry over between turns.

Dollamancy
Change Raiment/Insignia: Name says it all. 30 juice. Usable by level 5 Spookists.
Create Scarecrow: Create a maximum of (number of farms with 2 hexes, max. caster level) Scarecrows. (10 juice/golem)
Create Cloth Golem: Create (caster level) cloth golems. (30 juice/golem)
Create Doll: Create (caster level) Dolls. (45 Juice/golem)
Create Battle Bear: Create (City level/2) Cloth Golems. (70 juice/golem).
Mend: Heals dollamancy golems 1 HP per caster level. 5 juice.

Scarecrow
These things barely scare the crows!
Upkeep 15 each. - HP 4, Attack 4, defense 2, Move 3, Doll Golem

Cloth Golem
It's a soldier... made out of cloth. That must not be too protective.
Upkeep 35 each. - HP 6, Attack 6, defense 2, Move 3, Doll Golem

Doll
When the statues get off the walls and attack you, you know you're in trouble.
Upkeep 60 each. - HP 8, Attack 7, defense 5, Move 3, Heavy, Doll Golem

Battle Bear
Battle bears would be cute and cuddly if they were 20 feet shorter.
Upkeep 100 each. – HP 20, Attack 14, Defense 8, Move 2, Heavy, Doll Golem, Siege

Weirdomancy
Random-port: Teleports up to 20 units to a random hex within five hexes of starting position, with destination randomly selected. 45 juice.
Shadow Beam: Launches a blast of dark energy which negates defense due to magical nature. Treat as and attack from a unit with 4 combat. 10 juice. Usable by level 5 spookists.
Shadow Blast: As Shadow Beam, but as an attack from a unit with 6 combat. 20 juice. Usable by level 10 spookists.
Shadow Cannon: As Shadow Beam, but hits all members of target stack. 40 juice.
Chaostat: Add target unit's stats together and divide by four. Roll a die with that many sides four times. The results become the unit's stats for caster level turns. 35 juice. Usable by level 10 spookists.
Mass Chaostat: As Chaostat, but effects 1d6+caster level units. 55 juice.
Chaospecial: Gives target unit a randomly selected special (if target already has selected special, pick again). 5% chance per caster level to give a second special. 60 juice.
Mass Chaospecial: As Chaospecial, but targets 1d6+caster level units (all units receive same stat. If only some of the units already have selected stat, too bad). 90 juice.

EDIT: DONE!
Last edited by Sinrus on Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:02 pm, edited 23 times in total.
Sinrus

Postby Kaed » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:51 pm

I like some of what you put there, mainly fleshing out the spells themselves, but I don't like a couple things.

The problem is, I don't really see any reason why casters should be able to branch out from their Discipline at higher levels, and it has not been shown anywhere in Erfworld. The only thing resembling that is casters popping with 'talent' for other the other disciplines and/or schools. I've already written in rules for that, and they're much more limited in scope and more of a 'you got really lucky, good for you' sort of thing.

I much prefer my 150 juice cap at level 5 and then 5% discount per level after that, as it seems to balance out better.

Other than that, everything looks good, the Juice costs do seem a little less crippling than I put too.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Errata 1

Postby Kaed » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:46 am

I have expanded on the City rules. Upon looking through the archives, there have been some changes too to what Level of city can build what.

On Cities
Each side begins with one city - a Level 1 capital city. A Level 1 city has no walls - any can enter or exit, though must still fight through the garrison. A city takes up 7 hexes - the center one, and each adjacent hex. The surrounding hexes gain Walls eventually. All later cities produced by the side pop the same types of units, regardless of terrain. Captured cities produce the units of their original side. The Overlord is the only unit possessed at the beginning of the game, and he pops as a Level 1 Warlord with either Defense or Attack stats maxed (at 8) and 4 extra HP (14).

A stack containing an Overlord or Warlord that is situated on a free Hex can designate it as a Resource Point. This can take 1 or more turns to complete (during which the warlord must remain on the hex), depending on the terrain type:

Farm - A plains, grassland, or otherwise normal hex with no special qualities takes 2 turns to set up, and becomes a Farm. Farms provide +150 Schmuckers a turn to the city. This can be raised by 50% by a warlord or Overlord overseeing it.
Lumbermill - A forest hex requires 4 (light forest) or 6 (heavy forest) to set up, and becomes a Lumbermill. A Lumbermill provides +350 Schmuckers a turn and lasts 10 turns (light forest) or 15 turns (heavy forest). After that, the hex is deforested, and becomes a plains. The Overlord may then choose to abandon the Lumbermill. If he does not, the hex defaults to a Farm. As with Farms, a +50% production bonus may be gained by Warlord overseeing.
Mine - A mountain or volcano hex requires 8 turns to set up, and becomes a Mine. A mine provides +500 Schmuckers per turn, and can also apply a 50% bonus from being overseen by a Warlord. Additionally, there is a 15% chance every 10 turns that a mine is active (starting with the first) that a Gem Node will be struck. When this happens, the Mine produces an additional +500 Shmuckers for the next 5 turns (this additional Shmucker bonus is not subject to the overseer bonus). A volcano hex has instead a 20% chance of striking a Gem Node every 10 turns.
Wharf - A water tile may be converted into a Wharf, but the process requires the Warlord to enter the water tile, thus requiring a unit with both Mount and Aquatic in order to even create it. This process takes 3 turns. A Wharf produces +200 Shmuckers a turn.

A City may only support 3 Resource Points per Level, and all of them must be within the citys Zone of Control. The Zone of Control of a city is 1 Hex per level outward from the hexes of a city. Thus, a Level 1 city can only create Resource Points from just outside what will later become its Walls. At Level 2, any hex one hex beyond may become a Resource Point, and so on.

The capital city (and all level 1 cities) begins the game with no walls - anyone can enter a Level 1 city unhindered save by the Garrison. In addition, Level 1 cities possess only a Courtyard zone and Palace. Note that while there is no Tower zone in a Level 1 city, the Airspace zone still exists in every city. A city must have a Dungeon zone, however, to possess Tunnel zones. They cannot produce Warlords.

A new city zone can be created for 7,500 Schmuckers, and it pops as a level 1 city. It can be upgraded immediately if sufficient funds at at hand. Cities do not have a 'combined treasury' and each one stores their own funds. The assistance of a Moneymancer is required to transfer Schmuckers between cities and thus instantly upgrade a new city.

A Level 1 City has the ability to produce:
600 Schmuckers per turn
-Infantry, Stabber Class (x2). 1 turn, upkeep 30 each. (Stabbers have higher offensive ability than defensive. They are a strike force, and move slightly faster than Pikers - HP 6, Attack 4, defense 2, Move 4)
-Infantry, Piker Class (x2). 1 turn, pops as garrison unit. Upkeep 20 each, can be promoted to normal unit for 50 Schmuckers, but upkeep raises to 30. (Pikers have a higher defense and slightly lower move than Stabbers when not garrison - HP 8, Attack 3, Defense 4, Move 3)

-Infantry, Archer Class (x1) - 1 turn, pops as garrison unit. Upkeep 30 each, can be promoted to normal unit for 50 Schmuckers, but upkeep raises to 40. (Archers, obviously, can fire at long range, targeting any unit within the same hex. They have a move speed comparable to Pikers - HP 6, Attack 6, Defense 1, Move 3, Special - Archery)
-OR- (Level 1 Cities can produce either archers or scout units)
-Scout-Class unit (x1) - 1 turn, 30 upkeep. (Scouts have a reasonably high move , and may possess the Flight ability - HP 4, Attack 1, Defense 1, Move 8(with flight) or 6 (without flight). Their combat, defense, and HP are negligible. They possess natural Thinkamancy and may relay information to their Overlord or a Warlord. In the absence of a Thinkamancer, this has a functional maximum range of 6 (if the scout possesses Flight) or 8 (without flight) hexes. The type of scout unit is chosen at the beginning of the game, and cannot be changed.)

- Special Unit A and B (x1) - 2 turns, 40-50 upkeep (This is where the players are free to excercise some creativity. Special units A and B can be more powerful, tougher, or faster than basic infantry by about 6 total points (into HP, defense, offense, or move) each. This is done from a base template of HP 6, Attack 3, Defense 3, Move 3. Simple specials (but only one), such as Mount, may be given to these two units at the cost of 2 points. Starting HP can be increased at a rate of 1.5 per point, but half points do not show up, so you must spend them in sets of 2 for it to have full use. This is subject to moderation and approval, of course)
-OR- (Level 1 Cities can produce either SU A/B or SU C)
-Special Unit C (x1) - 3-4 turns, 70-80 Upkeep. (This is where the players are free to excercise some creativity. An alternative to producing two kinds of slightly stronger special units, the side may instead start with 1 kind of considerably stronger unit. This unit will most likely be a Heavy-type. This one has 12 points to apply to the base template, and in addition to everything available to A/B, can purchase more complex specials, such as Fabrication or "Burrowing" (like spidews, which can enter tunnels despite being Heavy units) or Fast (+8 Move) for 3-4 points. But again, only 1 special can be purchased for a Special Unit C, with the sole exception of Mount, which can be a second special - though it still costs 2 points.)

Level 2 City:

Raising a city from Level 1 to Level 2 requires 5000 Schmuckers. This upgrade provides a city with Walls, and grants the Tower Zone. Optionally, if the city is on a Mountain hex, a Dungeon and Tunnel zone may be added. Walls prevent non-flying units from entering the Courtyard Zone without first breaching it or the gate, and allow stacks of units to be placed atop them. Units stationed on a wall may attack if they have the Archery ability, but a wall or gate that is occupied by units cannot be breached unless there is one stack or less present. This means that a fully manned wall must first be mostly cleared off before it can be attacked directly. All walls and the gate in a Level 2 city have 100 HP and can hold up to two unit stacks per walled hex, but may only be attacked by units with the Siege ability.

A Level 2 City can produce:
1200 Shmuckers per turn.

-Infantry, Stabber Class (x4). 1 turn, upkeep 30 each. (same as in Level 1 City, only more can be produced in a turn)
-Infantry, Piker Class (x4). 1 turn, pops as garrison unit. Upkeep 20 each, can be promoted to normal unit for 50 Schmuckers, but upkeep raises to 30.

-Infantry, Archer Class (x2) - 1 turn, pops as garrison unit. Upkeep 30 each, can be promoted to normal unit for 50 Schmuckers, but upkeep raises to 40.
-Scout-Class unit (x2) - 1 turn, 30 upkeep.
(Level 2 Cities gain the type of unit that you previously did not chose to be able to build between these two choices)

-Special Unit A and B (x1) - 1 turn, 40-50 upkeep
-Special Unit C (x1) - 2 turns, 70-80 Upkeep.
(Level 2 Cities gain the the ability to build the unit choice you chose not to build during Level 1, and they produce faster. Alternatively, if you picked SU C during Level 1, you may pick another single C-type unit instead of the A/B choice. The reverse is not really applicable because managing 4 different weaker Special Unit types in one capital is difficult and gives too broad a range of possible Specials.)

-Infantry, Knight-Class (x1) - 10 Turns, 120 upkeep. (A Knight-Class infantry pops the Rider ability unless they are Heavy. Normally, any Non-Heavy unit may ride a Unit with the Mount ability, but suffers a -4 penalty to combat while mounted. The Rider ability negates this. When creating a Knight-Class unit, they start with base stats of 10 HP, Attack 4, Defense 4, Speed 5, and have 12 points in which they can spend on stats or a special for 4 points. Heavy Knight-Class infantry are allowed to pick a second special, due to being unable to have the Rider ability. This second ability costs only 2 points.)

-Warlord (x1) - 10 turns, Upkeep 100 +50 per level above 1. (Warlords are a necessary unit for any side to have, for without them units cannot be directed by anyone but the Overlord. Warlords begin their life popped at Level 1 - HP 10, Attack 4+1d4, Defense 4+1d4, Move 5, Special - Leadership 1. There is a 5% chance that a Warlord will naturally pop with the Dance-fighting ability. There is also a 1 in (1+6^X, X = number of casters) chance that a Warlord will pop as a random caster. Casters begin life as Level 1 too - HP 6, Attack 3, Defense 3, Special - Caster (Discipline). Infantry can be promoted to Warlord for 10,000 Schmuckers, but only in a city of level 3 or higher.

Level 3 City.

Raising a city from Level 2 to Level 3 requires 15,000 Schmuckers. The Walls raise to 150 HP, and can man up to 3 stacks per hex. Additionally, Infantry can now be Promoted to a Warlord for 10,000 Schmuckers. The side can now support a Chief Warlord - A warlord must be promoted to Chief Warlord, a process that costs 20,000 Schmuckers. Chief Warlords provide 30% of their Leadership bonus to all units on their side, and 50% their bonus to all units in the same hex - Cities function as one hex for the purpose of this bonus. They also receive +2 to their overall Leadership bonus. Each side can only have 1 Chief Warlord at a time.

A level 3 City can open a Portal to the Magic Kingdom in their Capital city. This requires at least one caster and 10,000 Schmuckers. It can be placed in the Dungeon, Courtyard, or Tower, and cannot be moved after that.

A Level 3 City can produce:
3000 Shmuckers per turn.

-Infantry, Stabber Class (x6). 1 turn, upkeep 30 each.
-Infantry, Piker Class (x6). 1 turn, pops as garrison unit. Upkeep 20 each, can be promoted to normal unit for 50 Schmuckers, but upkeep raises to 30.

-Infantry, Archer Class (x3) - 1 turn, pops as garrison unit. Upkeep 30 each, can be promoted to normal unit for 50 Schmuckers, but upkeep raises to 40.
-Scout-Class unit (x3) - 1 turn, 30 upkeep.
(Level 2 Cities gain the type of unit that you previously did not chose to be able to build between these two choices)

-Infantry, Knight-Class (x1) - 8 Turns, 120 upkeep.

-Special Unit A and B (x2) - 1 turn, 40-50 upkeep
-Special Unit C (x1) - 1 turns, 70-80 Upkeep.
(Level 3 increase the production speed of your Special Units A, B, and C to their maximum.)

-Special Unit D (x1) - 15 Turns - 200-350 Upkeep (Special Unit D is a new unit type only producible in cities of Level 3 or above. This unit is closer to a tank than anything else in Erfworld - Powerful, tough, and deadly. This unit can change the tide of battle from a single stack of them. This unit begins with the following template - HP 15, Attack 6, Defense 6, Speed 12. It has 24 points in which to spend on stats or Specials. Unlike the other Special Units, there is no cap on what number of Specials can be added to the unit, and they come with a price of 2. Additionally, these SU may spend points on low-level forms of Caster disciplines and Leadership/Dance Fighting, or breath weapons, at 4-6 points each (subject to moderation, other possibilities may exist for creative players).

Attaching these more potent abilities carries a special price though - Popping a unit that has more than 2 of them total causes it to randomly pick one from the available Specials, then have a 20% cumlative less chance upon levelling of getting another random choice from those specials.

One example of this mechanic is the Archon - The archon unit has spent all 24 of its points on High-level specials - Limited forms of Foolamancy, Shockamancy, Dollamancy, Thinkamancy, along with Leadership and Dance-Fighting. Upon popping it gains 1 random choice from those abilities, and then at level 2 it has an 80% chance of getting a another, 60% chance at level 3, and so on. It is possible for an Archon at level 6 to have only the ability it popped with, and it will never get another.

On the other side of the coin are Dwagons. Dwagons possess only 2 high-level specials - Breath Weapon and Very Fast (+15 Move) which they all pop with unfailingly. They also have the Mount and Flight specials, for 2 each, which leaves them with at most 12 points to put into other abilities, making the different colors of Dwagons that all have special characteristics. A side that picks Dwagon as its D-class Special Unit may only choose one color. For the purpose of this game, it will be assumed that the Arkenhammer is what allows Gobwin Knob to pop all the colors.

A side may also choose not to spend all 24 points on the D-class unit, which reduces its upkeep and pop speed, negotiable with moderator.)

-Warlord (x1) - 10 turns, Upkeep 100 +50 per level above 1. (Warlord production never speeds up in the absence of a Turnamancer.)

Royal Heir (x1) - 60 Turns, Upkeep 500 + 50 per level. (Royal Heirs pop as a warlord, but without the chance to become a caster, and the additional special Heir Designate. If the Overlord is killed an an Heir still lives, he becomes the new Overlord. There is also an increased chance, 20%, that an Heir will pop with Dance-Fighting. A warlord may be promoted to Heir Designate, but it costs 25,000 Schmuckers, and must be performed in a capital city of at least Level 4. Each side may only have 1 Heir Designate at a time.)

City Level 4

Raising a city from Level 3 to Level 4 requires 30,000 Schmuckers. Not much is new with this level of city, except that the walls increase to 200 HP and can hold up to 4 stacks per hex on them. Additionally, a level 4 Capital (and only a capital) may promote a warlord to Heir Designate, for 25,000 Shmuckers.

A Level 4 City can produce:
6000 Shmuckers per turn.

-Infantry, Stabber Class (x8). 1 turn, upkeep 30 each.
-Infantry, Piker Class (x8). 1 turn, pops as garrison unit. Upkeep 20 each, can be promoted to normal unit for 50 Schmuckers, but upkeep raises to 30.

-Infantry, Archer Class (x4) - 1 turn, pops as garrison unit. Upkeep 30 each, can be promoted to normal unit for 50 Schmuckers, but upkeep raises to 40.
-Scout-Class unit (x4) - 1 turn, 30 upkeep.

-Infantry, Knight-Class (x1) - 6 Turns, 120 upkeep.

-Special Unit A and B (x3) - 2 turns, 40-50 upkeep
-Special Unit C (x2) - 1 turns, 70-80 Upkeep.

-Special Unit D (x1) - 12 Turns - 200-350 Upkeep

-Warlord (x1) - 10 turns, Upkeep 100 +50 per level above 1.

Royal Heir (x1) - 60 Turns, Upkeep 500 + 50 per level. (Royal Heir production never speed ups up in the absence of a Turnamancer.)

City Level 5

Raising a city from Level 4 to Level 5 requires 50,000 Schmuckers. Nothing new can be built in this city, and the the walls increase to 250 HP and can hold up to 5 stacks per hex on them. This level of city also gains a massive production boost to infantry.

A Level 3 City can produce:
10,000 Shmuckers per turn.

-Infantry, Stabber Class (x12). 1 turn, upkeep 30 each.
-Infantry, Piker Class (x12). 1 turn, pops as garrison unit. Upkeep 20 each, can be promoted to normal unit for 50 Schmuckers, but upkeep raises to 30.

-Infantry, Archer Class (x6) - 1 turn, pops as garrison unit. Upkeep 30 each, can be promoted to normal unit for 50 Schmuckers, but upkeep raises to 40.
-Scout-Class unit (x6) - 1 turn, 30 upkeep.

-Infantry, Knight-Class (x1) - 4 Turns, 120 upkeep.

-Special Unit A and B (x3) - 2 turns, 40-50 upkeep
-Special Unit C (x2) - 1 turns, 70-80 Upkeep.
(Level 3 increase the production speed of your Special Units A, B, and C to their maximum.)

-Special Unit D (x1) - 10 Turns - 200-350 Upkeep

-Warlord (x1) - 10 turns, Upkeep 100 +50 per level above 1.

Royal Heir (x1) - 60 Turns, Upkeep 500 + 50 per level. (Royal Heir production never speed ups up in the absence of a Turnamancer.)
Last edited by Kaed on Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Sinrus » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:53 am

Love. It. Just make sure you specify that Heirs can only be popped in the capital.
Sinrus

Postby turbler » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:25 pm

What he said :P^ and don't forget to work on the magic list, Sinrus. No hurry or anything, just a gentle reminder
turbler

Postby Sinrus » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:07 pm

Did some more.
Sinrus

Postby turbler » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:07 pm

wonderful, Sinrus, wonderful. We'll be done in no time. Anything else, that needs doing?
turbler

Postby Kaed » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:42 pm

turbler wrote:wonderful, Sinrus, wonderful. We'll be done in no time. Anything else, that needs doing?

Yes, we need a combat system - how units damage each other.

Since combat is in realtime the following is a rough idea of how I think it would work.

Two units face each other on the battlefield:

Stack A: 1 piker (HP 8, Attack 3, Defense 4, Move 3)
vs
Stack B: 1 Stabber (HP 6, Attack 4, Defense 2, Move 4)

The stabbers rush in and attack the pikers. The pikers, however, have the reach of their pikes and their defense is 4, the same as the Stabber's attack. The stabber is unable to get near the piker, and is literally throwing himself onto the pike suicidally. He does have that Defense 2, however, so he's a tricky thing and keeps trying to dodge. Six attacks later, the piker is victorious - the stabber, unlead, cannot tactically retreat from the battle. Stabber loses.

Here is a different case.

Two unit stacks face each other on the battlefield:

Stack A: 3 piker (HP 8, Attack 3, Defense 4, Move 3) No stack bonus - must have at least 4 units.
vs
Stack B: 6 Stabber (HP 6, Attack 6, Defense 4, Move 4) Stack bonus +2 (at four and every two extra until 8 gains a +1 bonus to defense and attack)

This time, the stabbers move en-masse and support each other, drawing fire away from other members and pressing the attack. The pikers are unable to score a hit, and only a few rounds later, all are dead, with the stabbers not having gotten a scratch. Pikers lose.

Finally, a third scenario.

Two stacks face each other on the battlefield:

Stack A: 6 pikers (HP 8, Attack 7, Defense 8, Move 3) and 1 Level 2 Warlord (HP 12, Attack 10, Defense 11, Move 5) +2 Stack bonus, +2 Leadership bonus (note that the warlord does not apply his Leadership bonus to himself).
vs
Stack B: 8 Stabbers (HP 6, Attack 7, Defense 5, Move 4) +3 Stack bonus

The stabbers attack, and the Warlord orders his pikers into a defensive line. They do so, and raise their pikes. Under the guidance of the warlord, the Stabbers are impaled on those pikes, while he comes in and begins hacking them down one by one. Stabbers lose.

What we need here is possibly fleshed out versions of the combat system. What is the bonus for dance fighting? What bonus do Croakamancers give their creations? Dirtamancers and golems? How much can Healomancers 'block' by targeting attacked units with their magic?

Possibly a mathematical formula for determining combat faster?
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Sinrus » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:59 pm

Added croakamancy. As for the combat system, that looks as if it has to be determined by the GM. That's fine for your examples, but would be VERY difficult in a large scale battle. I've got my hands full with the spell list, but I think someone needs to develop a mathematical formula.
Sinrus

Postby Kaed » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:03 pm

I still think cross-discipline casting just by leveling is a bit much. >.>;

That's kind of why scrolls exist in the first place.

Anyway, someone get us a Mathamancer in here!
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Sinrus » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:07 pm

It's very limited cross-discipline casting. I figure there must be some relation, or why else would the erfworlders have classified them together?
Sinrus

Next

Return to Your Games