Comments on 'We Are Saints'

Words in a line. All fanfic goes here, Erfworld or otherwise.

Comments on 'We Are Saints'

Postby Lefish » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:37 pm

This is my first Fan Fic, so I hope you like it. I'm just starting with the story, but it will get better.
Bored? Do you want more... ERF?! Check my fanfic story We Aren't Saints. C'mon, do it! You know you want to.

I read my readers!
A Tale of Destruction by zilfallon
Lefish

Re: Comments on 'We Are Saints'

Postby Xewleer » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:42 am

indeed. I hope you improve greatly, and develop your story well. (this is an encouragement!)
I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!
Looking for a worthy opponent but the one man who can face me will not fight me anymore.
Xewleer

Postby Lefish » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:01 pm

So, WAS #5 is up. I hope you enjoy. This update features "the Thinkamancer" and explores what happens after King Claudius is croaked.
Bored? Do you want more... ERF?! Check my fanfic story We Aren't Saints. C'mon, do it! You know you want to.

I read my readers!
Lefish

Postby Sinrus » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:34 pm

Okay, so, confused a bit. Mia is... what kind of caster? Is Franziska the foolamancer? Who else is on the Bevora?
Sinrus

Postby Lefish » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:45 pm

Sinrus wrote:Okay, so, confused a bit. Mia is... what kind of caster? Is Franziska the foolamancer? Who else is on the Bevora?

Mia is a Thinkamancer, and was able to cast such a wide array of spells (Foolamancy to make herself look like Horatio, the Mark's original Thinkamancer; Shockamancy to croak prince Thelma) with some scrolls she carried around.
As for Franziska, she is the Foolamancer. I've edited the update to make it clearer.

I read my readers!
Lefish

Postby Lefish » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:38 pm

So, WAS #6 is up. I hope you enjoy. This update features Franziska and Mia's commander and his thoughts on the Mezons. Just a small update. I'll update WAS #7 later.

I read my readers!
Lefish

Postby Lefish » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:00 am

So, WAS #8 is up. I hope you enjoy. This update features the Warlord Forte fighting in the Shaken Spear.

I read my readers!
Lefish

End of Issue #1

Postby Lefish » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:50 pm

So... here is the end of We Are Saints Issue #1: Chaos at the Mark. It is a simple close-up of Issue #1 and provides introduction to Issue #2: War of the Edges, which is about 40 chapters long. Yeah, it's really big. I'm already working on it, and I've so far written about 20 chapters.

Remember,Issue #1 was mainly introductory, just to show you the final days of the Old Kingdom of the Mark and why are the Mezons and the Mark so angry with each other, which is heavily developed in Issue #2.

I read my readers!
Lefish

Postby Ehbobo » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:25 pm

I'm liking it. A lot.
Ehbobo

Postby Ehbobo » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:54 pm

Alright I love it so far, the only problem is that it's REALLY confusing. If you could just post a short list of the named characters of each side, who's at war with who, and maybe description of some units (peblets and bevoras especially) that would make it so much easier to read.
Ehbobo

Postby Lefish » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:02 pm

Ehbobo wrote:Alright I love it so far, the only problem is that it's REALLY confusing. If you could just post a short list of the named characters of each side, who's at war with who, and maybe description of some units (peblets and bevoras especially) that would make it so much easier to read.

Yeah so many things are going on right now. I admit it is also very confusing at the moment of writing. I often have to go back through my archives and see which one is who's chief warlord and who's allied with who. But don't worry, it will all make sense later. Some things will be explained in WAS #20 regarding battles and tactics, but maybe I can explain a little bit.

BE WARNED I'LL POST SOME THINGS THAT YOU MAY OR MAY NOT WANT TO KNOW. CONTINUE READING AT YOUR OWN RISK.

In the War of the Edges there are three major factions that are battling each other:
The Great Eastern Alliance, consisting of the Mark, Dior and Gabbana.
The Southern Empires, composed by the Mezon army and Dolce.
Finally, the last side is the alliance between Apple and Phoenix. We'll call them the "mercenaries" because that's what they are, basically.

Now, on a list of characters for each side:

The Mark
The current overlord is Forte, and the current capital is Bras. Forte's in Bras most of the time, but for this campaign he has traveled somewhere we'll see very soon. He was preceded by King Claudius, who got killed in Issue #1 (which was also a constant chaos, to be honest).
The Mark's chief warlord is Arties, who is yet to be seen in action.
The Mark has only three casters left: Treewedgs the Predictamancer, Amelia the Turnamancer and the Dollamancer, yet unnamed. Wanna know the Dollamancer's name?
Spoiler: show
It's Hollis. Yeah, not such a big spoiler here.

Dior
Dior's king is Christian.
Yeah, a HUGE pun to Christian Dior the clothes designer in here. Actually... the whole War of the Edges is a HUMONGOUS pun to fashion.

Dior's chief warlord hasn't appeared yet.
Dior has two casters. It's a huge spoiler to mention one of them, and the other one is going to appear in the same post the chief warlord appears, so hang in there.

Gabbana
Gabbana's overlord is Stefano. Some call him king and some others call him lord or overlord. Don't get confused: He's an overlord, but he believes himself to be like royalty. So his troops.
Gabbana's chief warlord is Leo, who appeared in WAS #14. Beverly is another of Gabbana's warlords.
We've seen two of Gabbana's three casters already: Julius the Dollamancer and White the Healomancer.

Dolce
We haven't met Dolce's ruler yet. But if you want to know his/her name, you just have to google the obvious.
None of Dolce's warlords have been mentioned yet.
Dolce has three casters. None of them have been mentioned, either.
Yeah, Dolce is like the ghost side right now. Wait for WAS #22.

Mezons
The Mezon tribe leader is yet to be mentioned.
Their chief warlord is Gema. One of the most powerful warlords is Khan, the one responsible for Julius' death.
Only one of the Mezon's casters has been mentioned: the Lookamancer.

Apple
Apple's ruler is King Steve. Yeah, guess how I came up with THAT.
The chief warlord is yet to be mentioned. Wanna know his name?
Well it's Mac. Yeah, I didn't see that one coming.

Apple has three casters. None of them has appeared so far or will appear any time soon... soonish, anyway.

Phoenix
The ruler of Phoenix is overlord Wright.
The chief warlord of Phoenix is Rommel VonKarma.
All of their casters have appeared so far: Judge the Shockamancer, Mia the Thinkamancer and Franziska the Foolamancer.

Now of the battles currently going on:
The citadel of Fronts is under siege by Apple. Chief warlord Arties is waiting for king Christian of Dior and his troops.
The forces of Apple are being led by the chief warlord himself.

Rommel VonKarma has taken the casters and has already initiated his assault on an outpost. Sandy of Gabbana, the warlord in charge of protecting the outpost has left to do some unknown errand and has left White the Healomancer in charge. Too bad they're under attack.
Chief Warlord Leo of Gabbana is defending the Mountain Pass. The Dolce army has already arrived and seem to be about to attack. Titans know what he's going to do.
Beverly has been sent by her paranoid overlord Stefano of Gabbana to protect the Southern Desert along with Julius the Dollamancer. They don't seem to have encountered any enemies yet. Too suspicious...

Now on to the units:

Bevoras
Bevoras are heavy flyers used by the Mezons for attack, much like Gobwin Knob's dwagons or something in between Faq's Gwiffons and Megalogwiffs. They look like Quetzalcoatl: large snakes with feathers. They have a couple of feathery wings that hold them in the air. Bevoras are immune to some kinds of magic. You'll later discover which ones.
For an image on how they look like,see spoiler below:

There is also another kind of Bevora, at this point they haven't appeared in the story so far.
They're called Megavoras and may pop armored or not. They're as big and strong as Gigaravens.
You can see an image on how they look like below.

Peblets
Peblets are heavy flyers used by the Mark. They're huge and fat flying pigs. For real. Yeah, they're big, fat and cute pigs with tiny wings. They don't have anything so much special about them, but they're cute and very tough. Yeah, flying pigs...

Ravens & Gigaravens
Ravens look like Gwiffons, although they're more bird-like and they're black. Yeah, ravens do look like birds, not like those gummy beasts. Gigaravens are a little bigger than Megalogwiffs (and man, those are BIG) and look like ravens with four wings and four red eyes. They can carry the knight riding them and three other light units. Those light units are often archers that fire from moving Gigaravens.

I think that was all, and man, it was quite long... I hope I answer your questions and clear your doubts. But yeah, it's supposed to be confusing at first, but things start to clear out once you read more of the story. I DO tend to be overly confusing sometimes, though. I really hope this solves your doubts.

Lefish

I read my readers!
Lefish

Postby Ehbobo » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:12 pm

Judge wrote:Manhattan Little Boy Fat Man

Enola Gay Hiroshima Nagasaki

XD
Ehbobo

Postby Xewleer » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:32 pm

I'm liking this (your English and grammar have improved exponentially), but I need a character sheet. For instance, I thought Arties was the chief Warlord, not that other guy that Forte argued with.
I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!
Looking for a worthy opponent but the one man who can face me will not fight me anymore.
Xewleer

Postby Lefish » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:56 pm

Xewleer wrote:I'm liking this (your English and grammar have improved exponentially), but I need a character sheet. For instance, I thought Arties was the chief Warlord, not that other guy that Forte argued with.

Oh, yeah. Arties is the Mark's Chief Warlord, and is under the command of Lord Forte. Chief Garde, that other warlord you're saying, is the Chief Warlord of Dior. I haven't updated this story mainly because of this issue. It is getting tedious for the readers, as there are too many characters to deal with. I've been rewriting the updates to clarify this. It will continue soon, though, and it'll be far easier to identify the characters and get the story along.

I read my readers!
Lefish

Return to Fiction, Poetry and Essays