Erfworld Game - Alpha Session Discussion.

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Erfworld Game - Alpha Session Discussion.

Postby Kaed » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:56 am

Discussion for the Erfworld Game that we are running an Alpha session of!

You can brag about whatever you want, but keep in mind if you reveal too much about your side I can't save you from metagaming! My mighty Retconjuration skills only exist in Erf.

This is not discussion for new rules, use the other thread for that. This is purely so you can communicate/taunt each other about what cool stuff you got or what fun things happened on your turn.

I may consolidate all the rules into one place, in a spoiler tag, right in this post. But that will be later.

Azrus (Egyptalon) - Turn 21 (Time-locked for now.). Allies: None. Enemies: None.
Sinrus (Toranica) - Turn 11 (Time-locked for now). Allies: None. Enemies: None.
Crovius (Promethea) - Turn 11 (Time-locked for now.). Allies: None. Enemies: None.
turbler (Nethews) - Turn 11. Allies: None. Enemies: None.
BLAND (Metropolis) - Turn 11. Allies: None. Enemies: None.

Spoiler: show
Nothing in here yet.
Last edited by Kaed on Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Re: Erfworld Game - Alpha Session Discussion.

Postby Crovius » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:03 am

A nice tip for the other players that I learned worked out very well, if you haven't already started doing it, Scouts can be used to give orders to units that are away from you but within range of the scout. This way you can have units away from you and as long as the scouts are in range you can give them orders to relay to your trrops.

And I advise establishing resource sites, they will help you.
Crovius

Postby Kaed » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:15 am

Crovius wrote:A nice tip for the other players that I learned worked out very well, if you haven't already started doing it, Scouts can be used to give orders to units that are away from you but within range of the scout. This way you can have units away from you and as long as the scouts are in range you can give them orders to relay to your trrops.

That is an ability limited to ground scouts. They cannot simply fly over anything, and are slower, so they tend to be more vulnerable. To compensate, they have intelligence beyond animalistic level and can communicate a little farther.

No one else has ground scouts but you. They preferred the faster move and safety of flying I suppose. And to be honest, I made that up as flavor for your scouts and decided it should be a rule after >.>; If it unbalances gameplay too much it will be removed after the alpha.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Crovius » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:27 am

Well they still have limited range of reporting. And I kinda am the only one with water capable units too. Hell, my side is pretty unique in a lot of ways. Everyone else kinda optimized a bit, I went more for flavor.
Crovius

Postby Kaed » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:50 am

Crovius wrote:Well they still have limited range of reporting. And I kinda am the only one with water capable units too. Hell, my side is pretty unique in a lot of ways. Everyone else kinda optimized a bit, I went more for flavor.

And tha's alright xD
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Azgrut » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:17 am

Wait... You cant give orders to stacks not led by a warlord?

I didn't know that... I guess I have done some things not correctly then. Or maybe someone needs to clarify that rule so I'll understand :S.
Azgrut

Postby Kaed » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:28 am

Azgrut wrote:Wait... You cant give orders to stacks not led by a warlord?

I didn't know that... I guess I have done some things not correctly then. Or maybe someone needs to clarify that rule so I'll understand :S.

Warlords allow constant control over the units in their stack. The scout can simply convey the message "Go 4 hexes west, then come back." to an unled unit. It is a more complex order than "Move west and stop at a water tile" or "Come to me." which an Overlord can convey to its unit at a distance with natural Thinkamancy. If it encounters an enemy unit during this time, it will still auto-attack it.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Azgrut » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:32 am

okay. Then I did not cheat no :).
Azgrut

Postby Sinrus » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:29 pm

So... has anyone else been able to use the terrain to figure out exactly where he is?
Sinrus

Postby Crovius » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:36 pm

I have a decent idea of where I might be, as far as large scale. Unless the landmass we're on is not just one big island and there are actually a lot of smaller islands.

BTW, if I want to establish a city on an island, that means I need to have a water-capable warlord, or build a wharf. But to build a wharf, I still need a warlord that can enter a water hex, and I don't really have nay plans of making mounts, my units do not mount other creatures. They simply have larger versions of themselves to fight beside. So basically, the current rules abotu warlords and mounts REQUIRES people to have one special unit be a mountable unit that is water capable. So not only do I have to make a second unit that will have to eb water capable, it has to be a mount.

That's just what I would have to do with the current rules on making warlords, creating a wharf, and so on.

What are the rules for establishing a new city again? I recall something abotu we have to build on the ruins of a destroyed city. That still the only way?
Crovius

Postby Ehbobo » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:40 pm

Never heard anything about that. It must be at least 15 hexes away from any of your other cities and you need to pay. I'm not sure if there are terrain restrictions.

As for the city on an island, you could also fly the warlord there on a mount. But if you don't want mounts, then I guess you're out of luck with the current rules. But I do agree, there ought to be a way to build a wharf without a water-capable mount. Maybe the warlord just needs to be in a hex bordering the water?
Ehbobo

Postby Kaed » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:44 pm

I'm sorry, I forgot that there was already a 'Wharf" as a Resource Point type.

Change the thing that lets you get ships to "Shipyard". That only requires Schmuckers to build, not a warlord.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Crovius » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:57 pm

Yeah, but I'm just saying, why do we have ot be ON the hex to build a wharf? Should a wharf be built on the shore? So can't be just be in the hex adjacent to the water hex? Or what is the Warlord/Overlord gave orders to water capable units in the water hex and supervised its construction?

I'm assuming a Shipyard is built on a water hex. Is it simply built the second you buy it and you don't have to be near it?
Crovius

Postby Kaed » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:41 pm

Crovius wrote:Yeah, but I'm just saying, why do we have ot be ON the hex to build a wharf? Should a wharf be built on the shore? So can't be just be in the hex adjacent to the water hex? Or what is the Warlord/Overlord gave orders to water capable units in the water hex and supervised its construction?

Hm. I guess he can be adjacent, but he still has to stand on that hex and supervise its construction.

I'm assuming a Shipyard is built on a water hex. Is it simply built the second you buy it and you don't have to be near it?

Yes, but it still has to pop adjacent to the 6 city hexes that ring the Palace.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Crovius » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:43 pm

Ok, that all sounds perfectly fine to me.
Crovius

Postby Crovius » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:05 pm

So now we're all just waiting for turbler...
Crovius

Postby Ehbobo » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:18 pm

turbler and BLANDCorporatio are both on turn 9.

EDIT: Now we're waiting for turbler.
Ehbobo

Postby Azgrut » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:45 pm

Hell no. I am waiting for all of you!. :P
Azgrut

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:48 pm

Actually I'm still online and was expecting to proceed merrily until turn 20 myself.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Crovius » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:52 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Actually I'm still online and was expecting to proceed merrily until turn 20 myself.

Same. I'm online every weekday from 7:30 AM till almost 6 pm, pacific time.
Crovius

Next

Return to Your Games