ErfGame Units

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

ErfGame Units

Postby Kaed » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:43 pm

Guys playing the game (BLAND, Az, Crovius, turbler, and Sinrus), please post up all your units here that you have so I can look at them for reference instead of having to rifle through that massive 8 page thread? D: Your poor GM spends like half the time trying to find unit data.

Post nothing else here. New units will be approved via whisper and then you can edit your post as needed.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Re: ErfGame Units

Postby Crovius » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:59 pm

Promethea can produce the following units. They all appear as humanoids and they do not use mounts.

- Ulgan Stabber Class - upkeep 30 each. - HP 6, Attack 4, defense 2, Move 4, Special - Mountain Capable
The youngest Ulgan are used as the core attack force. They use their claws to tear apart the enemy and without a Warlord to direct them act like little more than large packs of wolves. But while led they fight with coordination, and are thrilled by the hunt of fleeing enemies. Ulgan have a shaky relationship with the Renders, and without a warlord to keep them all behaved this can result in some squabbles. Against a common enemy though they work together.

- Tammuz Piker Class - pops as garrison unit. Upkeep 20 each, can be promoted to normal unit for 50 Schmuckers, but upkeep raises to 30. - HP 8, Attack 3, Defense 4, Move 3, Special - Mountain Capable
The hardy Tammuz enjoy their times of peace, many never upgrading to regular Infantry because they prefer not fighting. But when the time comes they are stalwart defenders, giving their lives if they must, knowing that at least they will find peace. Their bodies appear to be made of clay, often making them confused for crap golems, but they are not golems at all, and are popped instead of being made. Referring to them as a golem often results ina chuckle on their part.

- Galateid Scout - 30 upkeep. - HP 4, Attack 1, Defense 1, Move 6,Special - Mountain Capable, Scout(8)
The youngest of the 'Muses' are used as scouts for the Promethean empire. They are beautiful beings, but their beauty is unnatural and disturbing. Their scouting movements are often slow curves or random circular patterns, often looking as if they are wandering aimlessly. They enjoy sins of the flesh and like to show themselves off in risque attire.

- Nepri (Special Unit A) - 50 upkeep, HP 9, Attack 4, Defense 3, Move 4, Special - Water Capable
The Prometheans associated mostly with water are haughty beings who consider anyone below them to be "inferior". They are capable swimmers and take advantage of sources of water to surprise the enemy. They usually carry a pair of daggers and wear simple cloth that ripples as they move through the water.

- Renders (Special Unit B) - 40 upkeep, Hp 6, Attack 6, Defense 3, Move 11(+8 from Fast), Special - Mountain Capable, Fast
Renders resemble larger, disfigured Ulgan. Each claw is as long as a short sword, with the index fingers sometimes growing to equal a longsword in length. Renders are shock trropers, charging at the enemy with amazing speed. Sometimes they are used like an aggressive scout, given an unexplored region and told to charge that way. Engagements with individual Renders, while brief, spread stories fo their ferocity.

Torch-Born (Infantry, Archer Class) - pops as garrison unit. Upkeep 30 each, can be promoted to normal unit for 50 Schmuckers, but upkeep raises to 40. HP 6, Attack 6, Defense 1, Move 3, Special - Archery, Mountian Capable (free since they're infantry)
The Torch-Born appear somewhat disfigured, like their body parts don't all match. They are the more tomrented versions of the Wretched, and favour using their strength to fire large compisite bows.

The Wretched (Special Unit C-Heavy) - 75 Upkeep. HP 10, Attack 7, Defense 4, Move 3, Special - Mountain Capable (cost 1 cause you said so), Siege
The Wretched are similar to the Torch-Born in appearance but slightly more noble. They are towering beings who prefer using they massive strength to tear down barriers. They resemble the Frankesntein monster from the real world.

Pyros Vessel (Ship B) - 100 Upkeep HP 18, Attack 7, Defense 5, Move 5, Cargo 16 Specials - Water Capable
The Pyros Vessel is manned by fearless Prometheans looking to cause some trouble. They enjoy combat on the high seas and will eagerly charge a well defended soreline to drop off troops, able to take a beating.

Ishtari (Infantry, Knight-Class) - 120 upkeep. 12 HP, Attack 4, Defense 8, Move 5, Special - Heavy, Mountian Capable (free cause they're infantry), Natural Dirtamancy (4 points, do I pick a spell they use? Wanted Yes we can), Builder (costs 2 as second ability)
The Ishtari were mockeries of the Tammuz, often tasked with guarding prisoners. They are amazing with contructing buildings and it is noted they even have a natural ability to use Dirtamancy to contruct impressive stone structures. They are powerful defenders on top fo that, able to hold fortifications they make.
Crovius

Postby Sinrus » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:16 am

Scythe Piker Class
Toranican pikers pop equipped with wicked scythes, a curved blade on one end and a spike on the other.
Pops as garrison unit. Upkeep 20 each, can be promoted to normal unit for 50 Schmuckers, but upkeep raises to 30. - HP 8, Attack 3, Defense 4, Move 3

Sickle Stabber Class
The Toranicans craft unique curved swords with serrated insides edges. Although not useful in single combat, a stack can be very powerful.
Upkeep 30 each, HP 6, Attack 4, defense 2, Move 4

Crossbow Archer Class
At the expense of reload speed and accuracy, Toranicans craft powerful and portable crossbows.
Pops as garrison unit. Upkeep 30 each, can be promoted to normal unit for 50 Schmuckers, but upkeep raises to 40. HP 6, Attack 6, Defense 1, Move 3, Special - Archery

Imp Scout
These tiny red humanoids can't hold their own in combat, but with their limited Thinkamancy they can relay everything they see to a commander.
30 upkeep, HP 4, Attack 1, Defense 1, Move 8. Scout (6), Fly.

Hell Hound
A bulky red bulldog the size of a small car, Hell Hounds are the basis of Toranican cavalry.
45 upkeep, HP 9, Attack 4, Defense 4, Move 5,

Monstew
Monstews are strong, mass produce-able near-heavies that are the core of Toranican battle strategy.
45 upkeep, HP 9, Attack 6, Defense 3, Move 4

Abyssal Bat
Abyssal bats are nightmarish creatures. They are larger, stronger doombats but have traded in the scouting ability for their terrifying yellow and black eyes and sheer power.
70 upkeep each, HP 8, Attack 6, Defense 5, Move 6, Flying

Exodus Knight
The Patron of Toranica is known as the Exodus Titan. The other titans destroyed his body in an ancient battle, but it is said that a piece of his spirit resides in each of these units. Some have theorized that if enough can be brought together, Exodus may reform.
120 Upkeep each, HP 12, Attack 7, Defense 7, Move 5, Rider, Limited Croakamancy

Daemonwing
This monstrous creature from the depths of the Erf resembles a 20-foot dog in most aspects, but is different in a few key places. It possesses 3 tails tipped with arrowheads, 2 heads with slavering fangs 5 inches long, and monstrous leathery wings. It has no fur but rather tough skin over well-defined muscles. Its coloring is as if lit by a fire, orange and red with deep black shadows.
200-350 upkeep each, HP 20, Attack 21, Defense 8, Move 12, Flying, Mount, Heavy

Dreadnought
A ship of ebony with gray steel plates cruises through the waves. It is a dreadnought, with a dwagon-head bow that at first sight seems decorative. When attacked, however, it comes to life to spray flames at its foes.
HP 8, Attack 4, Defense 2, Move 3, Cargo 8, Ranged
Last edited by Sinrus on Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sinrus

Postby turbler » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:23 am

Piker Class
Faewy
These Units used to use daggers, but Overlord Laharl saw fit to give them spears and make them defensive units, as they are rather large and well fit for the position.
1 turn, pops as garrison unit. Upkeep 20 each, can be promoted to normal unit for 50 Schmuckers, but upkeep raises to 30. ( HP 8, Attack 3, Defense 4, Move 3)

Stabber Class
Pwinny
These Penguin-esque Units wield a pair of Machetes, using them to make up for their dimunitive stature.
1 turn, upkeep 30 each. (HP 6, Attack 4, defense 2, Move 4)

Scout Class
Gremlin (normally the Nether-Erf uses Imps, but to avoid confusion with the OTHER Imps, they sent Gremlins, which are of the same species)
These Units have almost no body, large wings, and a long tail, and make great scouts, but poor combat units
1 turn, 30 upkeep. (HP 4, Attack 1, Defense 1, Move 8 They possess natural Thinkamancy and may relay information to their Overlord or a Warlord. In the absence of a Thinkamancer, this has a functional maximum range of 6)

Special A
Manticowes (the E is silent)
These Beasts are a common mount for the troops of the Nether-Erf, with good strength and the ability to fly. However they are also very able on their own
Flying, Mount, Fast
Hits 6
Combat 3
Defense 3
Move 11 (includes the bonus from Fast)
Upkeep 40-50
2 turns to pop

Special B
Tweant
These units look quite like tree stumps, and it's said that these are trees that gained sentience. They are quite poisonous however, much like acid rock golems.
Toxic
Hits 6
Combat 5
Defense 4
Move 4
Upkeep 40-50
2 turns pop

Archer Class
Shadow
These units have the ability to shoot fire or ice at their foes, they tend to prefer Ice for the lands' sake.
1 turn, pops as garrison unit. Upkeep 30 each, can be promoted to normal unit for 50 Schmuckers, but upkeep raises to 40. HP 6, Attack 6, Defense 1, Move 3, Special - Archery

Special Unit C
Nethew Golem
Formed from compressed gasses. They are powerful, and yet still quite smart.
Hits 7
Combat 4
Defense 6
Move 6
Special: Limited Dollamancy (So basically Fabrication+, but more expensive too? or just the same thing?)

Knight Class
Lantern (Lantewn just sounds weird.)
Pumpkin-headed units that have a natural sense of rythm.
Hits 12
Combat 8
Defense 6
Move 5
Natural Rhyme-o-mancy (ability to dance-fight that carries over to the mounts, maybe Campsong, basic stuff.)
Last edited by turbler on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
turbler

Postby Sinrus » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:25 am

For your natural rhyme-a-mancy, I'm thinking that maybe they can dance fight and have leadership ONLY when leading a dance-fight.
Sinrus

Postby Kaed » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:45 am

I should note that your Lanterns have Dance-Fighting, but they do not have Leadership. Thus, they can dance fight but not lead the rest of the group into it. The problem with it is Dance-Fighting is a really big bonus, and I'm wondering if there should be sort sort of limiter on it, like it can only be used offensively or defensively. But that doesn't make sense xD

I can't think of anything though...

And Fabrication is a lesser form of Dollamancy. Are you wanting that (the ability to make small nonmagical objects) or something like actual cloth golems or whatnot?
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:04 am

Metropolis

"We built this city on Rock and Roll"

I owe you guys the livery. Not much to look at but I suppose fitting and not trademark infringing ... much

EDIT: AAAAND some unit pictures. Nothing special, and I cheated a bit here and there: tracing over a Lego Man; tracing over a Lego Mindstorms NXT kit (you could figure that out yourselves); and the Special D is a free-hand improvisation that doesn't make much sense in context but I thought was cool.

Oh and if text and image contradict each other about unit specs, text wins.

Spoiler: show

Stabber-class:
Pwole
A regular inhabitant of Metropolis.
Hits: 6
Att: 4
Def: 2
M: 4
Spec: none
[spoiler]Image

[/spoiler]

Piker-class:
NightWatch
Brave citizens making sure the streets of Metropolis are clean, orderly and safe. Or somewhat so.
Hits: 8
Att: 3
Def: 4
M: 0 (garrison)
[spoiler]Image

[/spoiler]

Scout-class:
Prospector
Metropolis' large population needs resources. It is up to the Prospector to find them.
M: 6
[spoiler]Image

[/spoiler]

Archer-class:
Crossbowman
Keeping danger at bay all day every day.
Att: 6
Def: 1
M: 0 (garrison)
Spec: Archery
[spoiler]Image

[/spoiler]

Special A:
Engineer
A higher-educated Pwole*, able to give directions at a working site.
(*: does not imply Pwole units are upgradable, that was just flavour text)
Def: 7
M: 3
Spec:
  • Surveyor : When an Engineer is present on a resource area, boost its production by 2%. Up to 20% increase is achievable by stacking Engineers.
[spoiler]Image

[/spoiler]

Special B:
Musketeer
A good shot with the musket, the Musketeer can fall back on the bayonette when things get too close.
Att: 6
M: 3
Spec: Archery
[spoiler]Image

[/spoiler]

Special C:
Cuirassier
Armed with a deadly cutlass and protected by light-weighing but reasonably sturdy armour, the Cuirassier is one of the elite soldiers of Metropolis.
Att: 7
M: 3+8 (from Fast)
Spec: Fast
[spoiler]Image

[/spoiler]

Special D:
Gold Golem
A bizzare clockwork construction. Weird lights can be seen flickering within. Invisible hands keep its two crossbows always armed and ready.
Hits: 18
Att: 13
Def: 13
M: 12
Spec:
  • Limited Moneymancy: 20 Juice, +5 per level.
    • Smell of Gold - (like Moneymancy->Gold Rush but) boost production by 25%. 15 Juice
    • Transfer funds - like the Moneymancy spell but limitted to maximum 10000 Schmuckers per casting. 20 Juice.
  • Archery
[spoiler]Image

[/spoiler]

Knight-class:
R.U.R
A towering mechanical construct. Tireless and handy, it makes an industrious worker or a fearsome warrior.
Hits: 10
Att: 7
M: 13
Spec:
  • Builder : When present at a site where a city is about to be built or upgraded, reduce the cost of building/upgrading by 2%. Up to 20% reduction is achievable by stacking R.U.R.s.
  • Fast (it's a heavy without Rider)
[spoiler]Image

[/spoiler]
Last edited by BLANDCorporatio on Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:28 pm

*looks through the images, feeling nostalgic from all the Lego men... then sees the Gold Golem and collapses into spasms of laughter*

:lol:
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby turbler » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:56 pm

Kaed wrote:I should note that your Lanterns have Dance-Fighting, but they do not have Leadership. Thus, they can dance fight but not lead the rest of the group into it. The problem with it is Dance-Fighting is a really big bonus, and I'm wondering if there should be sort sort of limiter on it, like it can only be used offensively or defensively. But that doesn't make sense xD

I can't think of anything though...

And Fabrication is a lesser form of Dollamancy. Are you wanting that (the ability to make small nonmagical objects) or something like actual cloth golems or whatnot?

well Dollamancers can make small nonmagical objects, so yeah, Dollamancy ( I guess fab. would be 3, dollamancy 4? I took the 4 either way for cost.)
For my Lanterns, I think that A: their mounts should be allowed to dance-fight with them, cause y'know, I don't wana have a stack where half the units can dance-fight. Oh and maybe Campsong? All it really is is singing.
turbler

Postby Kaed » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:14 pm

turbler wrote:well Dollamancers can make small nonmagical objects, so yeah, Dollamancy ( I guess fab. would be 3, dollamancy 4? I took the 4 either way for cost.)
For my Lanterns, I think that A: their mounts should be allowed to dance-fight with them, cause y'know, I don't wana have a stack where half the units can dance-fight. Oh and maybe Campsong? All it really is is singing.

I'm sorry turbler, but dance fighting is a +6 bonus. +6! That is huge. If you don't have leadership, you cannot pass it on to other units or it would just unbalance everything ); Dance fighting would be a 4-point ability for them, and they wouldn't get Campsong. It's still a really good special ability though.

As for the Nethew Golems okay. I'll give them Limited Dollamancy for 4 points. Since they are made of compressed gas, how about they can create some sort of mini golem (you can think up a name) that's like a sack of fumes or something. Probably have stats something like (HP 4, Attack 2, Defense 1, Move 6). And each Nethew Golem can make 1 a turn, max 4 per Nethew Golem. I guess they could still put together nonmagical objects if they haven't created a mini golem that turn. That sound reasonable?
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby turbler » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:06 pm

it does, indeed. maybe a heal hits=to level on one of their golems once per turn, if they don't do any other casting? if not that's ok too
and aww, no campsong -_-" ah well :S
oh, and can the Overlord Dance fight?
Now I hafta go to bed. . . ah well, there's always tommorow.
turbler

Postby Azgrut » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:53 am

Egyptalon posts his units!

- Scimitar Stabber Class (x2).
These warriors wield a scimitar and a small shield. They are relatively weak and form the core foot soldiers of Egyptalon.
1 turn, upkeep 30 each. - HP 6, Attack 4, defense 2, Move 4

- Hoplite Piker Class (x2).
The hoplites can form a phalanx when in a big enough stack. The phalanx is a feared manoeuvre which will be devastating if a potent warlord orders the troops in line.
1 turn, pops as garrison unit. Upkeep 20 each, can be promoted to normal unit for 50 Schmuckers, but upkeep raises to 30. - HP 8, Attack 3, Defense 4, Move 3

- Vultuwes (x1) –
These carrion beasts roam the lands of Egyptalon. A low level warlord or high level knight class unit will be able to tame these creatures. They are very weak in battle but function as fine eyes and ears for the overlord who controls them.
1 turn, 30 upkeep. - HP 4, Attack 1, Defense 1, Move 8. Scout (6), Fly.

-Sand Dwagon (x1) –
The Sand Dwagons are no real Dwagons as Erfworld knows them. They are a small type of flying lizard and without a better name, everyone called them Dwagons. When tamed and trained however, the are able to carry a rider in battle. The are fairly weak in combat but very fast. Making them perfect mounts for warlords to go on scouting missions. They do tend to dig into the dirt once in a while…
4 turns, 80 Upkeep. - HP 9, Attack 4, Defense 3, Move 8. Mount, Fly.

-Viper, Archer Class
The vipers are a warrior caste which has for a long time been inspires by vipers to base their fighting on. Later they specifically specialized in attacking from range. First these attacks functions as distraction as spit did not damage an opponent. This was until a warlord paid a trilinked Thinkamancer, turnamancer and Changamancer to change the warriors spit into potent venom and increace the range. Since then, the warriors have been a great asset to the desert kings. Part beast, part human, these warriors weir a giant snakeskin over their backs as clothing. Some have been said to actually be able to poison their enemies at higher levels, thus receiving a toxin attack.
- HP 6, Attack 6, Defense 1, Move 3, Special – Archery Garrison
Upkeep 30, can be promoted to normal unit for 50 Schmuckers, but upkeep raises to 40.

-Shadows, Sapper Class (x1) - 2 turns, 60 Upkeep.
The Shadows are a feared type of siege unit. They function as normal infantry for most part but are very capable of destroying the city walls from below, tunnelling deep and then collapsing it. Some say they are able to use natural Dirtamancy…
3-4 turns, 70-80 Upkeep - HP 9, Attack 6, Defense 3, Move 4, Burrowing, Siege (minor)

-Ushapti, Knight-Class (x1) - 10 Turns, 120 upkeep.
The Ushapti are the most feared rank and file warriors of the Egyptalon army. They are knights of the deserts and all wear their own Insignia woven together with the crescent moon. The Ushapti weir there armours to look like the titans themselves. Like gods among men they ride. A full stack of these elite, will pin every unit down!
Hp 13, Attack 10, Defence 6, Speed 3, Rider, Frightening.

http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/ ... shabti.jpg
(More gold ceremonial armour around the chest. More alive looking but with the skull as helmet.)

Frightening: A Frightening unit lowers the leadership bonus of a led enemy stack by 1 per level of the highest frightening unit in the stack. If the enemy stack is unled and attacked or attacking frightening units, it will lose its stack bonus.

I guess this was all for now.
Azgrut

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:11 am

Azgrut wrote:http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/home/images/newsletter/2009_02/TK_Ushabti.jpg
(More gold ceremonial armour around the chest. More alive looking but with the skull as helmet.)

Nice. Quite some effort and skill went in those.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Azgrut » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:33 pm

It is a pity I am not able to make these kind of pictures myself. It is just the first picture on google I found interesting to use for them. :)
Azgrut

Postby Kaed » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:33 pm

Hmmm, Az is missing a D-class special unit.

How curious.

-3- ooooo~
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Azgrut » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:36 pm

Okay okay. I'll post it once I have put its stats in correct order :p.
Azgrut

Postby Kaed » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:37 pm

Azgrut wrote:Okay okay. I'll post it once I have put its stats in correct order :p.

No it's okay xD I was just making an ominious hint.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Crovius » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:47 pm

Ignore this please and thank you :D
Last edited by Crovius on Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crovius

Postby Azgrut » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:59 pm

Crovius wrote:At what? We all have level 2 capitals? That isn't surprising really.

If anyone cares to ask I'm acurious if anyoen has:

Made a second city, or a third for that matter?
Had an engagement?
Built a Mine? (they take a while, but SO worth it, can't wait to get lucky on the 15% chance a turn gem vein)
Built a Wharf?
Built a Lumbermil?
Built farms?
Met a potential Ally?
-Wipe them out?
-Ally with them?
- Ally witht hem after doing actual negotiations instead of just agreeing to whatever they wanted?
Popped their 1st Warlord? (Mine is gonna be a couple more turns :| )
Run into another player?
-Fight eachother?

Mind you I'm just curious, feel free to not answer any, be vague if you do answer, or be detailed and gushy. I'm not trying to meta game, I swear. I just was wondering if I'm doing well compared to everyone else or if I need to start working harder.

This is not really the topic for this. But I'll answer your curious questions. (Although it might not be fair since I have more turns under my belt already)

Made a second city, or a third for that matter? No
Had an engagement? Yes
Built a Mine? (they take a while, but SO worth it, can't wait to get lucky on the 15% chance a turn gem vein) Yes
Built a Wharf? No
Built a Lumbermill? No
Built farms? Yes
Met a potential Ally? Yes
-Wipe them out? No
-Ally with them? No
- Ally witht hem after doing actual negotiations instead of just agreeing to whatever they wanted? No
Popped their 1st Warlord? Yes
Run into another player? No
-Fight eachother? No

But maybe this just raises more curiosity...
Azgrut

Postby Crovius » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:08 pm

Suppose I'll answer it myself too, to be fair.

Made a second city, or a third for that matter? No
Had an engagement? Yes, but didn't see it :D
Built a Mine? Love mines
Built a Wharf? No
Built a Lumbermil? No
Built farms? No
Met a potential Ally? Yes
-Wipe them out? No
-Ally with them? Yes
- Ally with them after doing actual negotiations instead of just agreeing to whatever they wanted? Yes
Popped their 1st Warlord? No
Run into another player? No
-Fight eachother? No

My answe to question 2 is actually funny every time I remember that turn.
Crovius

Next

Return to Your Games