ErfGame Units

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: ErfGame Units

Postby Crovius » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:12 pm

Moving the questions to Th eother forum, editing the origional post too. Please don't reply here :?
Crovius

Postby Sinrus » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:34 pm

Posting a request to see if this D Class unit is acceptable. If so, I'll move it to the general list of my units and delete this post.

Daemonwing
This monstrous creature from the depths of the Erf resembles a 20-foot dog in most aspects, but is different in a few key places. It possesses 3 tails tipped with arrowheads, 2 heads with slavering fangs 5 inches long, and monstrous leathery wings. It has no fur but rather tough skin over well-defined muscles. Its coloring is as if lit by a fire, orange and red with deep black shadows.
200-350 upkeep each, HP 20, Attack 21, Defense 8, Move 12, Flying, Mount, Heavy

And now for my ship unit:

Dreadnought
A ship of ebony with gray steel plates cruises through the waves. It is a dreadnought, with a dwagon-head bow that at first sight seems decorative. When attacked, however, it comes to life to spray flames at its foes.
HP 8, Attack 4, Defense 2, Move 3, Cargo 8, Ranged
Last edited by Sinrus on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sinrus

Postby Kaed » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:15 pm

Sinrus wrote:Posting a request to see if this D Class unit is acceptable. If so, I'll move it to the general list of my units and delete this post.

Daemonwing
This monstrous creature from the depths of the Erf resembles a 30-foot dog in most aspects, but is different in a few key places. It possesses 3 tails tipped with arrowheads, 2 heads with slavering fangs 5 inches long, and monstrous leathery wings. It has no fur but rather tough skin over well-defined muscles. Its coloring is as if lit by a fire, orange and red with deep black shadows.

Dreadnought
A ship of ebony with gray steel plates cruises through the waves. It is a dreadnought, with a dwagon-head bow that at first sight seems decorative. When attacked, however, it comes to life to spray flames at its foes.

Alright, the shit looks good, and the Daemonwing looks good STATISTICALLY (setting upkeep at 350). The problem is, I'm not sure you're really understanding how big a 30-foot dog is. This thing would be about 50% bigger than a Megalogwiff appears to be in the comic. While that's not a problem persay, it just seems a bit large for the comparatively small stats it has. xD If that's okay with you, it's good. Either way it's going to be ripping a hole through the infantry in a fight.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Crovius » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:33 pm

Kaed, what decidsion did we make on the Ishtari? They had Builder and some natural dirtamancy. I wanted to know what that would allow them to do? They're my Knight-class units.

Ishtari (Infantry, Knight-Class) - 120 upkeep. 12 HP, Attack 4, Defense 8, Move 5, Special - Heavy, Mountian Capable (free cause they're infantry), Natural Dirtamancy (4 points, do I pick a spell they use? Wanted Yes we can), Builder (costs 2 as second ability)
The Ishtari were mockeries of the Tammuz, often tasked with guarding prisoners. They are amazing with contructing buildings and it is noted they even have a natural ability to use Dirtamancy to contruct impressive stone structures. They are powerful defenders on top fo that, able to hold fortifications they make.

What do you think? Since I have no mounts I made them Heavy units, so they get to have 2 specials, and mountain capable si free since they count as Infantry. Their two specials basically allow me to build resource pointts quickly and reduce the cost of leveling up cities. And they're powerful guard units, defending my cities much like how my Tammuz defend them.
Crovius

Postby Sinrus » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:54 pm

Kaed wrote:
Sinrus wrote:Posting a request to see if this D Class unit is acceptable. If so, I'll move it to the general list of my units and delete this post.

Daemonwing
This monstrous creature from the depths of the Erf resembles a 30-foot dog in most aspects, but is different in a few key places. It possesses 3 tails tipped with arrowheads, 2 heads with slavering fangs 5 inches long, and monstrous leathery wings. It has no fur but rather tough skin over well-defined muscles. Its coloring is as if lit by a fire, orange and red with deep black shadows.

Dreadnought

Alright, the shit looks good, and the Daemonwing looks good STATISTICALLY (setting upkeep at 350). The problem is, I'm not sure you're really understanding how big a 30-foot dog is. This thing would be about 50% bigger than a Megalogwiff appears to be in the comic. While that's not a problem persay, it just seems a bit large for the comparatively small stats it has. xD If that's okay with you, it's good. Either way it's going to be ripping a hole through the infantry in a fight.

Riiiiiiiiiiight. Changed to 20 feet.
Sinrus

Postby Kaed » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:40 am

Bumpie thing.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby bteg » Thu May 27, 2010 12:23 am

If I under standing things correctly

Name: Dashter(dash-Speedster)
Class: Knight(for now)
HP: low
attack: High
defense: Low
Move: High
Effect: Quicker. The Quicker effect makes the unit always have the first attack. If the enemy also has the effect combat is normal. Can not be used on mounts.

Dashter love speed. They dress like racers or runners.
despite being knights they don't like mounts. this is due to the fact they lose there quicker feat, and they have the same move.
The quicker feat makes them one of erfworlds fearsome attackers. Most enemies don't survive the first attacks.
With a Warlord in stack they can exchange opponents to strike again, and again. Entire legions have fallen to handful of these Units with out them being hit back.
Dashter weakness are there lack of HP, and defense. One hit and they Croak. even the high level ones.
Being a land Melee unit they have fallen to many archers, and fliers.

so what do you think?
bteg

Previous

Return to Your Games