Artist looking for a Writer

Words in a line. All fanfic goes here, Erfworld or otherwise.

Artist looking for a Writer

Postby GenuityX » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:58 am

Hi!

I am an artist looking for a writer ( As mentioned above.) I am interested in collaborating with a writer in order to create a graphic novel/webcomic. I am not a professional artist, or in the graphic industry. If anyone is interested, take a look at my deviant art site (link in sig,) and see if my art will match up with your writing style. If a prospective partner see anything that interest them, let me know or shoot me a script :)
Check out my Art Hole at http://genuityx.deviantart.com/
GenuityX

Re: Artist looking for a Writer

Postby Xewleer » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:11 pm

what type of story do you want?

I've done just about every genre (I don't do smut) with some degree of success.
I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!
Looking for a worthy opponent but the one man who can face me will not fight me anymore.
Xewleer

Postby GenuityX » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:21 pm

Really anything. I want to bring someone else's words to life. Simple as that. I have great ideas that I never have enough time or skill to write myself. My focus is art. I feel more comfortable with fantasy art, but I am able to stretch in many directions.
GenuityX

Postby Xewleer » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:08 pm

Alright: Fantasy I got:
A story about two lovers (pure romance) who are thrust apart by war but meet each other on the battlefield on opposite sides? (downer ending :( but very short (it's only about 3 pages, front only, but I add to it each time))
Or
(Inspired by mmos) A war leader fights his greatest foes to prevent the destruction of his guild friends. (short)
or
Renegade Hylean is nearly killed and possessed by a monster, he goes on a journey for many years, fighting the forces of darkness. He meets his love and saves her and his sister from a rivals clutches. (this is VERY long, lotsa fights)
Or Sci-fi perhaps?
The nanite forces of the southern continents seek to control all of the world! The enigmatic Genesis leads their forces to constant victory. Royal Wellington, leader of the opposition, cannot fight them. However, another power, one that does not honor either side, is working it's own machinations.
Maybe some Cyber-punk?
In the forests, Treasure hunters find an ancient base they hope is full of technology. It is, but the transmission they send to the airships is intercepted by sky-pirates, who awaken the guardian of the trove.
Steam-punk?
I don't really have any, but I've always wanted to write one... :roll:
just plain romance?
there's that oath of a dream I'm writing,
But I have a few other things...
A prince and princess are destined to marry to bring peace to the country, but the death of the princess' mother sends the king out of his mind and he cancels the wedding. Soon, the Prince will come to take what he desires, and unite the peoples of the two nations in holy matrimony.

I've got others...
Looking for a worthy opponent but the one man who can face me will not fight me anymore.
Xewleer

Postby GenuityX » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:23 pm

Very cool, and thanks for the prompt response!
In the forests, Treasure hunters find an ancient base they hope is full of technology. It is, but the transmission they send to the airships is intercepted by sky-pirates, who awaken the guardian of the trove.
Steam-punk?
I don't really have any, but I've always wanted to write one...

These two really caught my interest. All were great ideas, but these stood out to me for some reason. I'm a huge sci-fi fan, and steam punk is rapidly catching up to be one of the most interesting genre's visually.

So ya...send me what you got. If you have any ideas you really want to express, let me know!
GenuityX

Postby Xewleer » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:30 pm

ah ha ha... (embarrassed headscratching)
That one isn't complete... but I'll start work on it if you're interested... I'll send to you what I have (basic introduction really...)

unpolished...

Arcadia is covered in city. For generations, people had expanded Arcadia city, building it further and higher until much of the land was covered, only the mountains and forests remain. The mountains are preserved, not because of any ecological reasons, but that they provide more use uninhabited than otherwise. The forests, however, are another matter. The people desire it untouched, all the better for looting it.
Within the forests, and mountains, are often found ancient, powerful things. Relics, ancient military bases, bones and treasure were gathered by avid treasure seekers, but the bones of treasure seekers have been found as well. Pirates scour the expanses for weapons, gems-anything of use.
One such treasure seeker, Vidai Alan quietly crept through an unfamiliar part of the southern wood. Trees prevented airships from landing, even personal craft, so they had to walk. He had found an ancient facility. It bore the mark of a Column, the most powerful beings of ancient times. His geologist, Kala, had found a great deal of diamond dust in the soil, evidence of ancient battles. In fact, this might even date back to the beginning of the Column era.
Vidai stared intently at his quarry. Pirates rarely came this far in, and the military was caught up in a Shabboltholm civil war. No one was here to steal their credit. The government would pay top price for this. Not to mention the little things, things that can fit in pockets and can be accepted by most shops without fuss. They were considered something like privateers, government dogs who sell to government first, and brothers last. Pity the money assuaged any breach of honor they may feel.
Vidai grinned. The security systems shouldn't be too bad. The castle at Lok's Find was the most dangerous find ever, was rendered harmless after someone blew up the diamond reactor. It was a sorry thing to lose, but worth the people saved. He heard the rest of his team coming close; it was time to move in. The small clearing in front was empty. They stopped to take a few soil samples, no changes. The outside was plain, gray and solid. The only real opening within reach was the main door.
Lorane and Jerome, an old husband and wife team of trap experts, took point and examined the door. It was a solid affair, some alloy of steel that no one recognized. That alone could have been worth the trip, but treasure seekers never takes the first thing they see. The main danger for something this old was gunpowder. While gunpowder was illegal, even hated, there was always a chance some madman used the horrid dust to booby trap his lab or treasure. Gunpowder had only ever been used in quantity once, and though it won a three-month battle in a single day, its users swore never again.
But the door was merely locked. They entered into a stereotypically white corridor. 'Red' Contra, former pirate and mechanical jack-of-all trades, took apart a light as soon as he was sure it wasn't connected to a trap. “Diamond lights, brudda! I've not seen this since... since...” Vidai leaned in to get a better look. Red was whistling to himself as he uncovered the prize he sought. “Oh yeah!” He made a humping motion. “This stuff is beyond Lok. Baby, Lok had this stuff, but they were out and useless. These aren't newer, but they aren't going out anytime either...” Vidai brought him to reality by gently slapping him across the back of the head.
“Do you think we're in danger? If it's like Lok, we aren't gonna stay.” Vidai put a hand on Red's shoulder. Vidai watched his team's faces. They wanted to push forward, despite the danger. He wanted to leave. They would follow him if he said they should go, but would they still respect him? He shook Red to get his mind back on track. “Red, you are the mech. expert here, what do you think?”
Red shook his head. “Lok was booby-trapped ten ways from the Mystro. We haven't even come across good'ol fashioned paint can on a rope.” He actually thought for once. “... We should leave though, soon as something comes up, though.” He put the gems back, except for one. They moved on, carefully.
Lorane and Jerome went forward, checking walls and light fixtures. The first bend brought no change in scene, but the second had what was obviously a guard kiosk. There was nothing valuable. They found, however, maps of the complex, five levels above, four below, ten in all. There were offices and apartments above and labs below. Few disagreed on their course. Vidai, of course, kept himself more alert than normal.
They moved on to the stairwell. No self-preserving treasure seeker took an elevator. Here, they decided to split up, five, led by Lorane and Red would go to the top, where the maps showed a communications array, while Vidai and Jerome would go see if there was anything worth having in the bottom floors.
The labs were color oriented and empty. Vidai was starting to feel disappointed, when he found a souvenir. It was a poster, made from a thin film of plastic. It was still flexible and colorful. It held the picture of an old man and what he supposed was his granddaughter. “We'll keep this, eh?” The military didn't care as long as they got the good stuff, so to speak.
They walked farther into the complex. There were the beginnings of dust and rust on some of the implements. They picked through a few of the desks, pocketing a knife here, or a picture here. This had once been quite a lively place. A lot of people had worked, probably even lived here. This wasn't a place to be lightly abandoned. Vidai knew that whoever had worked here had died.
“Alright, we're now three levels down. No traps, powered items, barring lights, or otherwise possibly hostile items. Set up communications with team two.” He scouted ahead a little with Iodin, a mercenary. He was paid to be competent and competent he was. They reached the bottom of the third flight of stairs and waited for the rest to catch up.
“What do you think of all this? Advanced technology, no one home and no corpses.” Iodin spoke quietly, like he was afraid to wake something up. “So something came and moved the corpses. Something not human, because it made no mistakes and got all the blood stains.”
Vidai gave him his 'confidence' grin. “They could have moved because they ran out of food.”
Iodin gave him a 'what are you talking about?' look. “Outside there are major signs that a battle took place. Diamond dust is throughout the soil. You DO think that people died here, right? I can tell, and I bet Glen does to. It's the atmosphere.”
Vidai shook his head. Iodin may be right, but nothing aggressive had shown up yet.

I apologize for putting it up there, yet having so little...
Xewleer

Postby GenuityX » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:45 pm

Great Stuff!

I would absolutely love to see where this goes. Do you have more?
GenuityX

Postby Xewleer » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:55 pm

ha ha... not of that story (but I'll work on it now)... but I'll be posting things I have written up here, one after another...
Xewleer

Postby GenuityX » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:59 pm

Okay cool. Works for me. I will do some rough drafts, probably character and background roughs. If you don't mind, do you have some character descriptions on hand?
GenuityX

Postby Xewleer » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:36 pm

of that story? Sure...

Vidai Alan: Brown hair, blue eyes. Hair is cropped close (kinda like Parson's, actually). His clothes, like all Treasure Hunters, are close fitting and efficient. Lots of zippers and pockets. Wears a vest, and a short cape that can be converted into a hood. Pants are gray, no pockets below the knee. Black Boots. Leader type, carries himself with confidence. Weapon is a sword, but has several others hidden in his pockets (knives and such)

Lorane: Gray hair, green eyes. Rather wrinkly Wears similar clothes as Vidai, minus vest and cape. Camouflage colors. Wields a dagger. Tracker, is hunched over most of the time.

Jerome: Bald, Smooth faced, gray eyes. Same getup as Lorane (his wife) wields a crossbow (there are no gunpowder type weapons) Little less hunched than his wife.

'Red' Contra: Red hair, beard. Eyes are colorless. Wears a long coat with armored shoulder pads, most pockets are filled with tools and other doodads. Has chains wrapped around him (under the coat) which he wields after attaching a blade to its end. Hunches, with an eager manner about him.

Iodin and Glen (cousins): black hair, brown eyes. Both wear standardized armors with see-through face plates. The armor suits are plated and close fitting, designed for mobility, with gaps for the joints of the neck, elbows and knees. Both are soldierly in conduct and manner. Glen has a buckler shield and a saber, while Iodin has a short sword and a Bow (with arrows).

I'll be in contact with you later.
Xewleer

Postby Alcazabedabra » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:01 am

EDIT:: I went and wrote all that before realizing you've already got a writer :P Good luck, guys
Alcazabedabra

Return to Fiction, Poetry and Essays