Another Erf-Game

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Another Erf-Game

Postby thaco4 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:54 am

Side: Riddome
Preference : Mountainous area
Ruler: Poli King
Special C
My Level 1 City has the ability to produce:
600 Schmuckers per turn
-Nterns, Stabber Class (x2)
These soldiers are the backbone of Riddome's foot army.
They weld clipboards and sharpened Steel Scissors.
1 Turn,upkeep 30 each, HP 6, Attack 4, defense 2, Move 4
-Halparts, Piker Class (x2)
They really know how to follow in a line.
They weld halberds.
1 turn, Upkeep 20 each, HP 8, Attack 3, Defense 4, Move 3 Special- Dance fighting
-Jannes, Scout class (x1)
A stack of these is like a bag of Boop. Not very plesant but useful in an emergency.
A low level warlord or high level knight class unit will be able to tame these creatures.
They are very weak in battle but function as fine eyes and ears for the overlord who controls them.
1 turn, upkeep 30 each, HP 4, Attack 1, Defense 1, Move 8. Scout, Fly
-Vogs, Special C Class (x1)
These flying dogs of war have been trained to carry and defend their riders to the death.
Which makes them the perfect mount for warlords on the go.
4 turns, Upkeep 80 each HP 9, Attack 3, Defense 7, Move 8, Special- Fly, Mount
Indeed
thaco4

Postby Azgrut » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:00 am

Thaco... Your units are not really made with the unit creation mechanism we thought of...

first, You can not add or change anything on your piker units and even if you could, dance fight is just too powerfull to use as a simple special.

Then, your Vogs use... (calculating) 16 points where 12 are allowed. In other words, too powerfull.

Here are my troops: (For those who know it. Based on the Dungeon Keeper computer game :))
Side Name: Sulphur
Ruler/Overlord Name: Lucius
Type of starting hex preferred: Volcano (or a volcano in direct zone of control, it is where the units spawn from.).
C Special Unit, Scout as first unit.

Infantry, Stabber class: Orc, Orcs look a lot like twolls. they are a lot smaller and less intelligent then the normal, conventional twoll and they lack both the regeneration and the fabrication specials. They have purple skin and wield poorly crafted hammers and shields in combat.

Infantry, Piker Class: Rogues, Rogues are some of the few human troops of Sulphur. They are also the lowest beings. They mostly are tortured for pleasure just to ensure loyalty. Rogues are only used for defensive actions since they are not truly accustomed for underground travel.

Infantry, Archer Class: Warlock, some casters sell their souls a bit too much to darker entities. These casters lose everything in the end and will revert to nothing more then simple shockamancers. They own so little juice that the only spells they can cast are simple fireball spells. The daemons of Sulphur happily use these fallen casters as archer units. Their loyalty knows no bounds since they are without soul.

Scout-Class unit: Daemon fly, Daemon flies are a common sight in Sulphur cities. They spawn from magma and lava like mosquito’s from lakes. They have a high move and serve the Sulphur overlords as eyes and ears. (Natural thinkamancy (6), flight (8))

C: Hell hound. The hounds of Sulphur. These three headed beasts can bite through almost any armour. The beasts stand taller then a horse and are extremely durable. Many a warrior has fallen for these creatures, or their riders…
Hp 6, Attack 5, defence 3, Move 7. Mount, Burrowing.

C: Twoll, Twolls stand as large and dim witted creatures. They are, actually, quite clever in making traps or other creations. They lack the regeneration special like some other twolls do. They stand very tall and are grey skinned. If they do battle, they are armed with mostly fine crafted battle hammers and armours.
Hp 9 (15), Attack 7, Defence 6, Move 3. Fabrication, (Heavy)

Knight class: Succubae. These creatures of evil sarcasm are the fear of all intelligent beings. While not looking frightening themselves, they have the tendency of flaying there victims in battle and wearing their skin as clothes (mostly that is the only thing they wear). They look like the most beautiful woman ever to be born on earth… The problem is that these woman are born underneath earth.
Hp 13, Attack 10, Defence 5, Speed 5, Rider, Frightening.

Warlords: Reapers. These daemons of might are the very command of Sulphur. They live only for war and destruction. They stand twice as tall as a man and have great horns on their heads. They use these as natural attacks if they are disarmed. Reapers have no females in their ranks.
Hp 10, Attack 4+1d4, Defence 4+1d4, Move 5, Leadership 1.

I still have to think about a unit D.

I also have the request if my daemon units can be lava capable. Not that there is lava in the rules yet... (daemon units are: Hell hounds, daemon flies, Succubae and Reapers. Most likely the D unit as well.)
Azgrut

Postby thaco4 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:47 am

O... okay yea the dance-fighting was just an idea (maybe higher levels can learn it?)
So on the Vogs correct my miscalculation please. 2 points for hp with 1 point = 1.5hp making their hp from 6 to 9/ 2 points for mount special/ 4 points for flying (making move to 8)/ attack had no change/ defense 4 points from the base 3 making their def to 7. so im counting 12 points used where is the extra 4 points? Am I wrong on any of the points?
Indeed
thaco4

Postby Kaed » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:24 am

Thou traitors D: This was my idea!

Sorta.

Only based on someone else's ideas...

Uhm.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Azgrut » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:02 am

Flight does NOT set move to 8. That is just with scouts.

And yes, I art traitorz! But I am not as well since I have not copied my side. :)
Azgrut

Postby Crovius » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:20 am

Kaed wrote:Thou traitors D: This was my idea!

Sorta.

Only based on someone else's ideas...

Uhm.

For fairness I'm making a new side for this, also I can only play once a day.

Do we have an actual list of all the specials available so far and their point cost? That'd be nice.
Crovius

Postby Azgrut » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:30 am

First post gives a link to those yet known.

Although some are a bit unbalanced as of yet.
Azgrut

Postby Crovius » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:34 am

Ok, a non-linked version? I say I can only do this once because I can't access google wave from work, that includes google files like the one's linked.
Crovius

Postby Azgrut » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:51 am

Specials
Simple Specials
Mount
Allows the unit to be ridden, with a -4 combat modifier to non-rider units

Rider
Allows the unit to ride units with the Mount special without taking the -4 combat modifier

Heavy
The unit gains +6 HP, but cannot enter tunnels or ride a mount.
This cannot be bought with upgrade points for a special unit (see unit descriptions)

Toxin
The unit will inflict damage on the enemy equal to 1/2 the unit's attack on the turn after combat
Applies even if the Toxic unit is croaked
Secondary damage is based on the unit's attack before modifiers and bonuses.

(Terrain) Capable
Allows the unit to move unhindered across the given terrain type

Builder
Reduces city build/upgrade cost by 2%
Builder unit must be present to apply the bonus
Max bonus of 20% with stacked Builders

Surveyor
Increases output of a resource point by 4%
Surveyor unit must be present to apply the bonus
Max bonus of 20% with stacked Surveyors

Archery
Any unit can make a ranged attack on an enemy, but has an almost infinitely low chance of hitting
Units with archery are always the last stack hit by an unled stack
Allows the unit to attack from walls or other defensive locations without being counterattacked
Allows the unit to hit enemy units that are otherwise out of range
On walls, in a defensive location

Siege
Allows the unit to attack city walls

(-mancy) Golem
Cannot be given to non-golem units
Grants the unit a +1 bonus to combat per level of the relevant caster in the stack

Complex Specials

Frightening (3)
Enemy units in the same hex lose all Leadership bonuses

Dance-Fighting (4)
The unit gains a +6 bonus to combat
With leadership, this can be applied to all led units in the same hex

Fast (3)
Grants the unit +8 to move

Fabrication (3)
Unit can create simple items

Burrowing (4)
Unit can move underground through any terrain type
Cannot be attacked while moving
Must surface to attack

Flight (3)
Allows the unit to move unhindered across all terrain types

Leadership (4)
All units in the stack gain a combat bonus equal to the leader's level

High-level Special

Very Fast (4)
Grants the unit +16 to move

Breath Weapon (4)
Grants the unit +8 to attack
Cannot be used at range
Acid Breath: -3/-3 to combat stats before modifiers when hit

Simple -mancy (4)
Grants the unit the ability to cast from a certain discipline as a level 1 caster of that discipline.
Units with a simple casting ability gain experience from casting equal to 5% of the juice cost of any spell cast.
Units with a simple casting ability have 20 juice with which to cast and begin each turn with full juice.
Azgrut

Postby thaco4 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:03 pm

Okay, that makes sense. I had misunderstood. Thanks for the correction, so the move for the Vogs is 4 correct? so again the stats for the Vogs is...
Vogs, Special C Class (x1)
These flying dogs have been trained to carry and defend their riders to the death.
Which makes them the perfect mount for warlords on the go.
4 turns, Upkeep 80 each HP 9, Attack 3, Defense 7, Move 4, Special- Fly, Mount
This stays in the 12 points correct? Okay. anyway, I'm really excited to get started I need a google wave invite Then I'm all set.
Indeed
thaco4

Postby Azgrut » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:40 pm

I was just thinking about one of the spells... Tubgirl...

In the comic, Sizemore uses this tubgirl spell (at least that would be the most obvious) and blows up a crap golem. Should we not change the tubgirl spell so that dirtamancers can cast it and change it to:

Tubgirl. Sacrifice a crap golem. Inflict X damage to an opponent that is not reduced by defence. (All enemy units now suffer from freightening level 1 for this round of combat).

The text between the... ()'s (dont know the English word) is just for fun and does not have to be added.

I do think that the damage should be higher then normal spells, or the juice cost lower, since you have to sacrifice a unit.
Azgrut

Postby Ehbobo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:05 pm

Tubgirl isn't what destroyed the golem, he pulled its finger and it exploded in a sulfurous blast of flatulence.
Ehbobo

Postby Crovius » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:17 pm

Ehbobo wrote:Tubgirl isn't what destroyed the golem, he pulled its finger and it exploded in a sulfurous blast of flatulence.

Which had the name of a website that is well described by the above statment as well.
Crovius

Postby Ehbobo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:18 pm

Which you do not want to see. Trust me, do not get curious.
Ehbobo

Postby Azgrut » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:21 pm

Nevertheless the spell did include a golem in the process.
Azgrut

Postby turbler » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:21 pm

nope, Sizemore used that scroll as a stun, so that by the time he used the crap-golem nuke, no units could flee the radius. that's what I think anyways. I'll go archive-floating to check.
turbler

Postby Azgrut » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:42 pm

Hmz. Maybe you are right. But since tubgirl is a nasty picture on the interwebs, it should have a nasty spell in the game. And there is nothing more nasty then a crap golem exploding in your face (well there are but... you get my point).

But anyways, there should be another spell that does the crapgolem nuke :P.
Azgrut

Postby Ehbobo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:45 pm

Maybe that should just be added in as a special for crap golems. May or may not require a dirtamancer in the same stack.
Ehbobo

Postby Ehbobo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:01 pm

Side Name: Africus
Ruler/Overlord Name: Munsa Masa
Type of starting hex preferred: Savanna
C Special Unit
Infantry, Stabber-Class: Swordsman
Infantry, Piker-Class: Spearman
Infantry, Archer-Class: Archer
Infantry, Knight-Class: Leonal
120 upkeep
HP: 15 Attack: 10 Defense: 7 Move: 5
Rider
Scout-Class: Vultuwe
Flight, Natural Thinkamancy (6)
C: Hippipotosturapus
4 turns
80 upkeep
HP: 11 Attack: 7 Defense: 4 Move: 3
Heavy, Water Capable, Mount
C: Wion
4 turns
80 upkeep
HP: 9 Attack: 10 Defense: 3 Move: 6
Heavy
D: Ewephant
300 upkeep
HP: 30 Attack: 14 Defense: 16 Move: 12
Heavy, Mount
Ehbobo

Postby Crovius » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:37 pm

Side Name: Wonderland
Ruler/Overlord Name: Alice
Type of starting hex preferred: Forest
Starting Units: Scout(without flying)), Special A and Special B

RedCard: Stabber Class Infantry, HP 6, Attack 4, defense 2, Move 4, upkeep 30

WhitePawn: Piker Class Infantry, HP 8, Attack 3, Defense 4, Move 3 Pops as garrison unit. Upkeep 20 each, can be promoted to normal unit for 50 Schmuckers, but upkeep raises to 30.

Dodo: Scout-Class unit, HP 4, Attack 1, Defense 1, Move 6, Special-Scout(8), 30 upkeep

Carpenter: Special-Class A Unit, HP 6, Attack 3, Defense 6, Move 4, Special- Builder, 40-50 upkeep

Walrus: Special-Class B Unit, HP 9, Attack 5, Defense 3, Move 3, Special- Siege, 40-50 upkeep
Crovius

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games