PbP Games?

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: PbP Games?

Postby Gerwulf » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:36 pm

Lothmar wrote:I dont mind combined skills, it makes it easier for fourth addition and such.
However, why would anyone then take 'awareness' (or was it alertness?) for +2/+2 when they could take skill focus perception for +3? (Hint hint for you tweakers XD)

Also, Concentraion (constitution) and spellcraft (intelligence) together? Which stat do I use, intelligence since it's now just called spellcraft?

correct. the idea with that one is that a Wizards ability to mantain a spell has more to do with his ability in casting (hence int based and spellcraft) than it does with his ability to take a blow (especially since he is already taking a penalty because of that in the first place)

jioan wrote:I finished editing Zorbo's skills. Thanks by the way because he rolled pretty bad. :D
I do have a question about skill combination though. Jagg was given his skills naturally for being a level one wolf companion. I was wondering how his skills would combine to make Perception and Stealth.

for Jagg combine the skills acordingly:
Dex 15 =+2 to hide/move silently so his 3 in hide is 1 rank and his 4 in move silently is 2 ranks. his new Stealth would be 5 (3 total ranks +2 from dex)
I believe his Perception would be 7 (2ranks in spot 2ranks in listen +1 from wis and +2 natural wolf ability for listen)
Gerwulf

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:05 pm

Vesk, Half-Orc Bard

True Neutral

Strength (12+2) 14 (+2)
Dexterity 14 (+2)
Constitution 14 (+2)
Intelligence (16-2) 14 (+2)
Wisdom 14 (+2)
Charisma (14-2) 12 (+1)

Height: 6' 1" Weight: 290 lb Skin: Gray Eyes: Blue Hair: Black; Straight; Light Beard

Total Hit Points: 8 Speed: 30 feet

Armor Class: 16 = 10 +3 [studded] +1 [light wooden] +2 [dexterity]
Touch AC: 12 Flat-footed: 14

Initiative modifier: +2 = +2 [dexterity] Fortitude save: +2 = 0 [base] +2 [constitution]
Reflex save: +4 = 2 [base] +2 [dexterity] Will save: +4 = 2 [base] +2 [wisdom]

Attack (handheld), Attack (unarmed), Grapple check: +2 = 0 [base] +2 [strength]
Attack (missile): +2 = 0 [base] +2 [dexterity]

Light load: 58 lb. or less Medium load: 59-116 lb. Heavy load: 117-175 lb.
Lift over head: 175 lb. Lift off ground: 350 lb. Push or drag: 875 lb.

Languages: Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elf, Giant, Goblin, Orc

Dagger, Short Spear, Javelin, Longsword, Studded armor, Light Wooden Shield

Feats: Negotiator

Str: +2
1 Rank: Climb, Jump, Swim
Dex: +2
1 Rank: Balance, Escape Artist, Stealth, Sleight of Hand, Tumble
Int: +2
1 Rank: Appraise, Decipher Script, Knowledge (arcana, architecture, geography, history, nobility, religion), Spellcraft
Wis: +2
1 Rank: Perception
2 Ranks: Sense Motive (+2 [negotiator])
Cha: +1
1 Rank: Disguise, Perform (oratory), Use Magic Device
2 Ranks: Bluff, Gather Information, Diplomacy (+2 [negotiator])

Zero-level Bard spells: 2 per day
Spells: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Message, Mending

Darkvision (see 60 feet in pitch-dark)
Bardic Knowledge
Bardic Music

Vesk's Equipment:
74 lb Weapons / Armor / Shield
Backpack, Bedroll, Caltrops, Candle, Case (for map or scroll), Chalk, Crowbar, Flask, Flint and steel, Ink vial, Ink pen, Lantern (hooded), Mirror, Mug, Oil flask, Paper sheets x5, Pouch x2, Rations (1 day) x2, Sacks x1, Sewing needle, Soap, Torches x2, Vial (for ink or potions) x1, Waterskins x1, Magnifying glass
Spell component pouch

Vesk is an advocate. He speaks on behalf of others (for a price), lobbying the government or arguing in disputes. Other times, he writes documents for the illiterate and inarticulate. He combines a powerful orcish voice with an intelligent and calm delivery. He craves knowledge and loves to read anything he can. He lives in Dunemoore, where there is the most chance that he can use his skills. He can fight passably, as he has learned to use the longsword, which is popular at court, and has trained in martial sports, including boxing, wrestling, and the javelin.

Vesk never knew his mother, who died in childbirth. He has no idea who his father was. He grew up in an orphanage in Dunemoore, and by puberty learned to avoid the worst of conflicts with a mixture of intimidation by his size and looks and negotiation with his silver tongue. It was also then that he awoke his thirst for knowledge. The orphanage placed him in a boarding school, where he paid for tuition and board by working on the school grounds. His life was not easy, but he didn't suffer. He became well-educated and physically capable, and almost fit in with the other students. Vesk took work as a clerk, or scribe, or shelving books in the city's library, and on festival days he would hire himself out as a barker, or recite poems for copper coin. He continued to study on his own, and eventually began speaking for some of his lower-class acquaintances when settling disputes.

On the first day of Spring, while awaiting his turn to speak before a magistrate, a man pressed a note into his hand and ran off. The note only said to meet him at a particular dock at midnight that night. Being a credulous person by nature (and secretly enjoying the idea of an adventure), Vesk buckled on his longsword and went for a midnight stroll...
Last edited by Cmdr I. Heartly Noah on Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby Lothmar » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:00 am

Son of a #$%&! I go to a back yard barbecue thinking im going to post my bard after I got back and this! A half orc bard no less. ; ;

*Sigh* At first level there's no point to have 'two' bards in the party. . . Guess I could either do sorcerer and keep the same prestige Idea I had for the bard... Or go master of the wilds trifecta and give our troop a barbarian. Looks like we need a meat shield anyway. - -
Lothmar

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:47 am

If you really want to play a bard, I can re-build my player as a Rogue to much the same effect. Really, it's no bother; I was essentially coin-flipping between them, the only reason I took bard was all the knowledges as class skills. I probably wasn't going to take more than one more level of bard anyway.
I am a: Chaotic Neutral Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
Str- 12, Dex- 15, Con- 12, Int- 14, Wis- 11, Cha- 13
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby Gerwulf » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:56 am

A full magic user of some kind would not be a bad idea; wizard or sorcerer, and a meat shield will definately be needed. I'll start a new thread where I'll post the characters we'll use and the introductory story line by this weekend. so if you want to play get your character posted. I'd like each of you to flesh out your back story a little, include your youth, any events that particularly shaped your life outlook, and most importantly why the heck you're standing in the docks district on the first day of spring at midnight. Include as much flavor text as possible, while discribing your characters actions I want it to be as close to your concept as possible. when you run the orc through do you howl in triumph, or do you cringe that you just took a life. Too much detail is better than not enough. feel free to hide long text behind spoilers. if you have a secret past sort of thing, let me know exactly what it is by PM, and hint at it in your characters description. come game time I'll ask each of you to describe your characters phisical apperance in detail, do you stand upright, hunch over, to you use a cane or staff to help you walk (is it nesecary, or just for show?) how long is your hair, is it unkempt or well taken care of. what are your wearing, what color is it, etc. so think of that and if you want to post it early go right ahead.

* edit

Yes, feel free to change your character concept if you'd like, or even post 2. Like I said, I'll pick the group based on what i Think would make the best group. make sure if you post 2 characters you post your preference so I dont give two people their second choice when I could have given them both their first choice.
Gerwulf

Postby Lothmar » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:33 am

((First choice. ^^))
Name- Drake De'lah Draconia
Race - Human
Class - Sorcerer
Age - 19
Appearance - Standing just under six foot Drake is a very youthful looking individual. His eye's are a golden brown that speak of something almost primal and animalistic as they draw you deep into his presence. His black hair is short and well trimmed and his face his clean shaven. An above average jawline and good cheekbones help accent his clean shaven face. His clothing is a courtiers outfit of current fashion for Dunemoore and her provinces; as well as a pair of silver rings, the right is set with a ruby (25 g) but to the discerning eye the left looks to be of slightly lower quality (silver Signet ring with gem cover(fold over the symbol - Dragon) to help people better understand his station. The only thing out of place on the outfit would have to be the sleeves which extend to the edge of his hands and a leather band that encircles the palm above the thumb. Those who observe Drake will note that he usually keeps his hands closed and when he doesn't he usually keeps them in his sleeves.

Backstory - Drake De'lah Draconia or known at birth as Drake Castle, son of Sampson Castle was born into a fallen house. Due to debt brought on by various issues ranging from support of a losing faction in a recent conflict and Mercantile exploitation brought on by various less reputable companies price gouging or randomly change 'terms' in the middle of trade do to the more reputable companies no longer wishing to carry their trade by special request from various other families; Drake was used as a bargaining chip to one of the families few remaining supporters, the house De'lah Draconia. His father received a little money and he became a new fixture. The master of the house was always seen as a bit 'odd' a collector of things expensive, extravagant and beautiful and apparently (His own ego aside on the matter) he was chosen for the later. He wasn't exactly a member of the family but he wasn't really a servant, it was an awkward place for him. His only responsibility was to be the playmate of the masters daughter which he performed masterfully when his powers awakend and he managed to perform small crude feats of prestidigitation, mostly for their games of make believe. Unbeknown to Drake the two fathers had intended to betroth the children to each other at a later date anyway so this agreement was beneficial, the master also wanted to take Drake under his wing for another reason; He believed the family blood flowed through Drake as well as a few generations prior the masters great uncle had intermarried into the Castle line and so he sought to test him.

Drake slowly became uninterested in Sarah and slightly detached as the years went by, however he was not so uninterested as to lose the dowry and station he would be granted as a result. Unfortunately she had felt them growing apart and so at the age of fifteen he proposed to her and as doubt came to her mind she refused. Thinking quickly he took her by her hand and stared deep into her eyes with a reassuring gaze and said "Please Sarah, I have been a fool. This has been hard for me these past few years having to grapple with these feelings; However the tender tears of yester'years shall not be shed in vain." He added faking doubt in himself. "I waited this long because I did not wish to risk our friendship on three simple words but they need to be said; I love you." And he gave the performance of a lifetime, the kind of performance that the artist knows he'll be forgotten if not for a good review and thankfully he managed to charm her. The next few months he did his best to convince her of his sincerity. As he worked to reignite their friendship he fell back upon an old classic and the doubt slowly melted away as warm memories retook her as he turned a small bouquet of flowers into a loosely woven crown of stems and petals with but a few motions and whispers. Unfortunately it became less and less a lie as time went by. Returning from a date they noted the candlelight from the dining hall and he was suprised when Sarah said "Lets tell daddy." out of nowhere. "... Are you sure?" He replied and after a 'happy' embrace they went to her father that very moment and told him the wonderful news.

The master was most pleased with the turn of events as he was no fool. He brought Drake aside one day to a secret study of his in the wine cellar and as he pondered what awaited him a liberal shove from behind sent him tumbling in. Too late he was when he turned around and slammed into the stone as it moved back into place. With some concentration he managed to light the room with an application of prestidigitation. As he examined his surroundings he found a summoning circle and a set of instruction on a materials bench. It all must have been very expensive however as he read he noted "You will not be released from this room until you finish the ritual and I have verified your work. If you do not possess the gift you are unworthy of both my daughter and my further attention." With reluctance he set to work knowing full well he couldn't get out of here and though he had no supplies he feared dieing of suffocation long before anything else. The first few minutes and hour were most boring but soon something felt, right. He found a zeal and will to work the ceremony he had never sensed since he felt that first tingle of magic flow through him when he conned his future bride into marriage. He toiled, hour after hour, occasionally growing frustrated and tired; he awoke in a panic from a nap he had dazed into as in his dream a coiled serpent leapt out towards his eyes. After a night and day's work the ceremony was finally completed and in a glorious flash of magic a tiny creature was born. The coiled viper hissed at the air and tilted its head in unison with Drake as they watched each other. Spotting opportunity Drake luckily caught a rat with a fling of his knife and attempting to break the ice and create trust he feed the viper the wounded game to which it partook quickly.

Drake and the viper Ember, named for its black and red colorings quickly became friends. In fact when he signaled for his master to check on them he left Ember in the view slit so that when it slid it caused the viper to strike at Drakes master. Thankfully missing, Drake found the prank to be quite hilarious and eventually so did his master when he explained things to the boy. Apparently Dragon blood flowed through this family line and every few generations it manifested itself in another member and Drake was part of this heritage. With the aid of ember hissing silver words into his ear Drake and Sarah married on his sixteenth birthday in the spring of that year and though it had originally started for simple reason he found himself less and less willing to try and lie to her now that they were actually together and the two slowly brought out hidden qualities in one another.

After training for two years and with his new masters help he set upon a road of awakening so that he might increase his power. Another ceremony was prepared on the eve of the final day of winter and after Drake managed to pry every fingernail from his hands and as the pain began to weary his mind and set him into a daze his master began to burn a bowl of incense in which he ground up a single dragons nail. When the ceremony was complete he was treated and his hands bound and sent to bed to rest. He awoke that morning in the arms of his beloved, fortunately and unfortunately the ceremony had been a success. He soon noticed blood and as he released his hold on his wife's dead body he saw his nails had regrown into powerful new claws, each of which had sheathed themselves into his wife's back in a spasm of pain. He sat there dumbstruck for several minutes, from observation it looked as if she must have struggled for quite awhile until she finally passed out and later died from blood loss. He sought counsel in his master for what had happened and though he was forgiven he still sent Drake away until he sent for him after he had managed to properly mourn the loss of his daughter and so he left that afternoon. As Drake pondered his future and slowly began to ponder possible outcomes he decided it might not be a bad idea to have an escape plan ready in case his former master decided to not be so forgiving after all. He spent two hours going to the stores that were friends of the family, hoping they had not yet heard the horrible news and attempting to negotiate for what little coin he had on himself at the time. After several hours of bar hopping and dragging a single cup out for every stay and usually leaving it untouched before passing it to someone else on the way out, he eventually found his way to the docks districts past the tenth bell. There he began to overlook the paperwork for ships and make inquiries of the dock master on duty and what captains he could find to see if there were any ships leaving port anytime soon in hopes of booking passage. In time he just settled into a slump on a dock post and stared up at the new moon with blaming eyes that wanted to pluck it from the sky and jealously horde it away so that no one might take comfort in its beauty so that others might share his pain.

HP - 5
AC - = 10 + 2 +

Str 14 2
Dex 14 2
Con 12 1
Int 14 2
Wis 12 1
Cha 17 4

Init 2
Fort = 1 - 0 + 1 - +2 Vs Sleep, Paralysis, Fire
Ref = 2 - 0 + 2
Will = 3 - 2 + 1

BAB 0
MAB 2
RAB 2

Bluff 10 = 4 + 3 + 3
Spellcraft 6 = 4 + 2
Knowledge Arcana 3 = 1 + 2
Intimidate 6 = 3 + 3
Stealth 4 = 2 + 2
Perception 5 = 2 + 1 + 2

Draconic Heritage - Red
Draconic Claws
Summon Familiar
- Alertness

Spells per day - Known
0 - 5 0 - 4 Detect Magic, Daze, Prestidigitation, Ghost sound
1 - 4 1 - 2 Fist of STone, Charm Person

courtiers outfit 30g
Silver signet ring, latchwork/minor ruby 25G
Silver Ruby set Ring 25G
Backpack 2 g
Bedroll 1 s
Chalk 10x 1 s
Flint and Steel 1 g
Manacle 1x 15g
mirror, small steel 10g
pouch belt 1 g
Rations Trail 10x 5g
Rope Hempen 100ft 2g
Sack 10x, 1 g
Waterskin 2x 2g
Oil (10 pints) 1g
Lantern, hooded 7g
Travelers outfit 1 g
-N0te- Im including the Familiars cost as well as the cost for the courtiers outfit and the accompanying jewelry as being paid by my master. If you wish me to alter this, please let me know.

- Ember - Tiny viper
HP - 2
AC - 16 = 10 + 2 + 3 + 1

str 6
dex 17
con 11
int 6
wis 12
cha 2

Bite +5 melee
Bite Poison
Scent

Init +3
Fort 2+2+0
Reflex 2+3+2
Will 2+1

Balance +11
Climb +12
Stealth +20
Perception +10

-- Share spells
-- empathic link
-- improved evasion
-- Weapon Finesse Bite
+1 natural armor
---------------------------------------------------------
Roldo 'boulder back' Rockrage
Race: Goliath ((Races of Stone)+1 ECL)
Appearance: Standing Seven foot two inches tall and weight three hundred and twenty pounds naked, Roldo is a very imposing figure to perceive especially when carrying his Goliath Hammer which is almost as tall as he is. The chain shirt he wears clings tightly to his figure and would hang to loose for almost any other medium creature and the wooden shield he carries more resembles a reinforced barrel lid then an actual piece of protective gear. His natural skin tone is a light granite with a darker cement tone for his natural splotches that take the appearance of a solid but uneven explosion covering half his back and shoulders cascading to the front of his skin in various locations like flames licking the edges of an explosion; this large solid marking is why he believes his people named him 'boulder back'.
Bio: Roldo was always a curious lad even in youth. He enjoyed games of dare with his friends jumping from peak to peak and having climbing races to check on the goat herds but he always wondered more about the world outside his peoples mountain peak. So with the blessing of his father he was permitted to join a youth expedition to a small dwarven outpost to help carry supplies as it was thought it would be a heavy winter that year. The reason the goliath had to send youth exepeditions was this settlement was small and isolated like their own and so had few trade partners besides other dwarves and so possessed no tunnels designed for excessive size, trading or the especially tall.

Roldo was soon caught breathless by the marvels of their stonework, engineering and industry. He talked for hours with the various workers filling their orders and made the group late for their return. A storm had set in earlier then expected and as the group called back loud enough to be heard over the winds to Roldo to catch up they unwittingly triggered an avalanche. The avalanche also caused a cave in on the unprepared tunnels leaving Roldo to thankfully be rescued by the dwarves he had just departed from. For months Roldo was unsure of his peoples saftey and after he was tended by a physcician for a few days he set to work with an arm in a sling day and night with the dwarven diggers to help clear the entryway; unfortunately by the time it was clear the storm had made the mountain to treacherous for the journey home and there was no sign of any of his people near the dig site. So Roldo spent that winter with the dwarfs accepting their hospitality and several concussions from low doorways, rafters and cielings in exchange for some manual labor.

Perhaps he was a little too taken in by dwarven customs and efficiency and could have probably left earlier then the first greens of the season but when he left it was but with a scraps of who he was before he had been cut off from his people. Returning to his people with metal armor and weapons forged by his own hands and substantial growth both physical in size and in personality they mistook him for an invader from another tribe. It was only later that he learned that his name had been added to the story of the lamented and his actions at best would leave him to the fate of Volok-thea (extreme shunning). Whether it was out of selfishness and anger or not, things were said and weapons were nearly drawn until he calmed himself and choose exile over such treatment.

Brooding over his fate he wandered from the mountain and into eventually into human lands. Eventually he earned the trust of a dwarven trader and worker he had meet at the settlement and after telling him his story he invited the goliath along with him as his personal Teamster. Thankfully with people vouching for him at first he wasn't burned by fearful peasantry and eventually made it to Dunemoore where he received an excellent reference and was instantly put to work. He started in the quarries smashing rocks and putting most of the other workers to shame, what was worse is he received an offer from the teamster union as well so after breaking the rocks and getting them ready for transportation he then joined in hauling them to the proper wagons, shops, stands and ships. And so for the last few years he has managed to integrate himself in the local society. And so like so many times before he's busy loading and unloading various nameless trade parcels and for a little extra coin he's not one to question why the union has him doing it so late at night.
HP 16
AC - 17 = 10 +4 + 1 + 2
Str 22 6
Dex 12 1
Con 18 4
Int 10 0
Wis 12 1
Cha 8 -1

Init +1
Fort - 6 = 2 + 4
Refl - 1 = 0 + 1
Will - 1 = 0 + 1

BAB +1
MAB +7
RAB +2

Profession - Teamster - = 1 + (0 int - 6 str)
Craft Weapon - = 1 + 0
Craft Armor - = 1 + 0
Craft - Stonemason - = 1 + (0 int - 6 str) ((Mainly for breaking rocks/manual labor))
Survival - = 3 + 1
Climb - = 2 + 6
Jump - = 2 + 6
Perception - = 4 + 1
Sense motive - = 0 + 1 + 2

Fast Movement
Illiteracy
Rage 1/day
Improved weapon familiarity - allows exotic weapons (with racial name included in title) to be used as martial weapons instead of exotic. (ex: Goliath greathammer, Dwarven ugrosh))
Acclimated - Goliaths are automatically acclimated to life at high altitude.

Mountain Movement - Goliaths can make standing long jumps/high jumps as if they were running long jumps/high jumps. A goliath can engage in accelerated climbing without taking the -5 penalty on the climb check.

Powerful build - The physical stature of the goliath lets him function in many ways as if he were one size category larger. Whenever a goliath is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple, bull rush, trip) the goliath is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A goliath is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creatures special attacks based on size (improved grab, swallow whole) can affect him. A goliath can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. These benifits stack with the effects of powers, abilities and spells that change the subjects size category.

Greathammer - Goliath - Large (30 G)
3d6 + 6 (9 two handed). X4 Crit. 30 LBS
Chain Shirt (100G)
Shield HEavy wooden (7 G)
pouch belt 1 g
Rations Trail 10x 5g
Rope Hempen 100ft 2g
Sack 10x, 1 g
Waterskin 2x 2g
Backpack 2 g
Bedroll 1 s
Chalk 10x 1 s
Flint and Steel 1 g
Travelers outfit 1 g
Coin pouch - 5 G
Last edited by Lothmar on Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:42 am, edited 10 times in total.
Lothmar

Postby malekith » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:24 am

awww hell, gimme a moment to get my character from the generator but before anyone else does I CALL SHOTGUN ON THE ROUGE!!!
I just made him up and now i need to change things slightly cos of the combined skills xD

M

Edit:
Boop it, i'll just post him up and see what GM says about the skills
also backstory will come soon and note to other players don't just RP that you know my race on sight.

Name: Zithith Ansir
Race: Tiefling
Class: Rouge
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Religion: Ceri

Size: Medium
Height: 5'4"
Weight 135lb
Eyes: Red
Skin: Tan
Hair: Mid-length, straight, black

Str: 10 [10] (+0)
Dex: 19 [17+2] (+4)
Con: 13 [13] (+1)
Int: 15 [13+2] (+2)
Wis: 13 [13] (+1)
Cha: 8 [10-2] (-1)

Total HP: 7 [6 rolled +1 con]
Speed 30 ft

AC: 16 [10 + 2 leather + 4 dex]
Touch: 14
FF: 12
Int mod: +4 [+4 dex]
Fort save: +1 [0 + 1 con]
Will save: 1 [0 + 1 wis]
Reflex save: 6 [2 + 4 dex]
Attack (handheld): 0
Attack (unarmed): 0
Attack (missle): 4 [0+ 4 dex]
Grapple: 0

Light load: <= 33lb
Med load: 34-66lb
Heavy load: 67-100lb
LoH: 100lb
LoG: 200lb
Push/Drag: 500lb

Languages: Common, Infernal, Gnome and Draconic

Weapons and armour:
Dagger, Punching dagger, Short spear and Leather armour

Feats:
2-weapon fighting

Skills with ranks:
Balance 6 [4 ranks + 2]
Bluff 3 [2 ranks - 1 + 2 racial]
Disable Device 4 [2 ranks + 2]
Disguise 1 [2 ranks - 1]
Escape Artist 7 [3 ranks + 4]
Forgery 4 [2 ranks + 2]
Hide 10 [4 ranks + 4 + 2 racial]
Listen 5 [4 ranks + 1]
Move Silently 8 [4 ranks + 4]
Open lock 6 [2 ranks + 4]
Search 5 [3 ranks + 2]
Sleight of Hand 8 [4 ranks + 4]
Spot 5 [4 ranks + 1]
Use Rope 6 [2 ranks +4]

Darkvision 60ft
Darkness 1/day
Cold/fire/electricity resistance 5
Native Outsider
Sneak attack 1d6
Trapfinding

Gear:
Backpack
Bedroll
Crowbar
Flint and steel
Grappling hook
Pouch x3
Torches x4
Waterskins x1
Whetstone
Disguise kit
Thieves' tools

Total weight (inc armour and weapons): 56lb - medium load
44gp, 8sp and 4cp (rolled 150g starting gold)
Last edited by malekith on Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
malekith

Postby TheCake » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:45 am

Damn i knew i should've called dibs or something
TheCake

Postby Lothmar » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:17 am

Dont tieflings have a level adjustment?
Lothmar

Postby Skyrar » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:08 am

As requested per PM, I merged the skills into the streamlined skills and added some cross-class-stuff with the additional points. Also, picked a deity.

Name: Corlen
Lvl 1 Ranger
race: Human

stats:
STR 10
DEX 15 (+2) (7)
CONST 17 (+3) (13)
INT 12 (+1) (2)
WIS 16 (+3) (10)
CHA 10

Hit Points: 10
feats: Alertness, Point Blank Shot, Track
skills: Climb 4, Handle Animal 4, Stealth 4, Search 4, Perception 4, Survival 4,

cross class: Jump 1, Balance 1, Concentration 1, Sense Motive 1

Favored Enemies: Humanoid (Elf), there was trouble with wood elven natives and the settlers of his hometown.
Ranger chose the archery track.

Equip: Longbow, Dagger, Backpack, Bedroll, Flint and steel, Arrows (dunno how many is normal), Light padded clothing, aaand a hat. :)

Corlen is about 1,82 meters (sry, german) tall, has black hair and brown eyes. A sturdy face with a big nose in it, bushy eyebrows, intense look if he gets concentrated. He can read and write a bit and speaks Common.

Backstory: A Ranger who has left his home woods to find out if the legend of the three-horned Ambigush-Deer that roams the surrounding lands of Dunemore only at full moon is true. The three horns would make a superb Trophy for my greenhorn Ranger. He has a sister, Virin, at home, who is married to a farmer. His parents live in a little town named Cale and do stuff like sitting in front of the house and watching the sun, wishing for grandkids and nagging at the weather.
So, the ranger seeks out his destiny in hunting bigger deer than the squirrels in the woods of Cale.

deity: Snevlibim, a faithful believer, but not preaching or anything. Just donating something to a shrine or giving something to a beggar in the name of his god.
Last edited by Skyrar on Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
True Neutral Human Barbarian/Bard (2nd/1st Level)
Ability Scores:
Strength- 12
Dexterity- 11
Constitution- 10
Intelligence- 15
Wisdom- 14
Charisma- 13
Skyrar

Postby TheCake » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:18 pm

Tieflings have LA+1
Also there are 10-20 arrows in a pack
TheCake

Postby Crovius » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:01 pm

Oh wow, I jumped in here to see if I could find a group of people to play with, seems like I'm a little late, unless I have the chance to roll up my jungle elf druid. But I don't want to take up space if you already have too many people...

Meh, boop it, here's the basics if you want a druid in the group:

Name: Everon Delfi
Race: Elf (Jungle Variant)
Class: Lv 1 Druid
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Religion: Snake-Goddess Slisk

Size: Medium
Height: 5' 2''
Weight 122lb
Eyes: Green
Skin: Light Brown
Hair: Shoulder-length, mostly brown with some dyed dark red

Str: 12 [12] +1
Dex: 16 [14+2] +3
Con: 10 [12-2] +0
Int: 10 [10] +0
Wis: 17 [17] +3
Cha: 13 [13] +1

Total HP: 8
Speed 30 ft

AC: 17 [10 + 2 armor + 1 shield + 3 dex]
Touch: 13
FF: 14
Int mod: 3 [+3dex]
Fort save: 2 [2+0con]
Will save: 3 [0+3wis]
Reflex save: 5 [2+3dex]
BAB: +0
Attack (melee): +1 [0+1str]
Attack (ranged): +3 [0+3dex]
Grapple: 1 [0+1str+0size]

Light load: 43<= lb
Med load: 44-86lb
Heavy load: 87-130lb
LoH: 130lb
LoG: 260lb
Push/Drag: 520lb

Languages: Common, Elven, Druidic

Weapons and armour:
Leather armor and light wooden shield, dagger, scimitar

Feats:
Spell Focus (conjuring)

Skill Points: 16
Class Skills:
Craft (carvings) 1 [1+0]
Diplomacy 2 [1+1]
Handle Animal 3 [2+1]
Heal 4 [1+3]
Knowledge (nature) 2 [2+0]
Perception 6 [2+3+2racial]
Profession (Guide) 4 [1+3]
Ride 3 [0+3]
Spellcraft 2 [2+0]
Survival 5 [2+3]
Swim 3 [2+1]
Cross Class skills:
Knowledge (history) 2 [0+0+2racial]
Search 2 [0+0+2racial]

Special Traits:
Immune to magical sleep effects
+2 save bonus vs enchantments
Low Light Vision
Animal Companion
Nature Sense
Wild Empathy

Spells per Day:
0 lv - 3; 1st lv - 1

Gear:
Backpack
Bedroll
Waterskin
Chalk x2
Small Steel Mirror
Silk Ropfe 50ft
Sunrod x2
Holly and Mistletoe

Animal Companion:
Leesia
Medium Viper
Str: 8 (-1)
Dex: 17 (+3)
Con: 11 (+0)
Int: 1 (-5)
Wis: 12 (+1)
Cha: 2 (-4)

Total HP: 9 (2d8)
Speed 20 ft, Climb 20 ft, Swim 20 ft

AC: 16
Touch: 13
FF: 13
Int mod: +3
Fort save: +3
Will save: +1
Reflex save: +6
BAB: +1
Attack (bite): +4 (1d4-1 plus poison dmg)
Grapple: +0
Skills:
Balance +11
Climb +11
Hide +12
Listen +5
Spot +5
Swim +7
Feats:
Weapon Finesse
Qualities:
Scent
Special Attacks:
Poison - 1d6 Con damage initial and secondary, DC 11

Total weight (includes armour and weapons): lb - 42lbs - light load
Cost of gear - 57gp 1sp 2cp
Left over gold - none (druids don't keep excess starting gold)
Crovius

Postby Gerwulf » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:02 pm

TheCake wrote:Damn i knew i should've called dibs or something

like I said, feel free to post another one, I may pick both, or I may just pick the one with the best back story/best fit with the rest of the group i choose. there are still 2 days to get everything up, I'll pick on sun.
Gerwulf

Postby chrono » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:29 pm

Franklyn Lorbel

Human NG Cleric of Diamitriis
Domains: War, Strength

STR: 14
DEX: 12
CON: 12
INT: 10
WIS: 16
CHA: 14

9HP
BAB: 0
Fort: 3 = 2 + 1
Ref: 1 = 0 + 1
Will: 5 = 2 + 3

Skills:
Heal - 7 = 4 + 3
Diplomacy - 4 = 2 + 2
Spellcraft - 2 = 2 + 0
Knowledge (religion) - 5 = 2 + 3
Profession (Military) - 5 = 2 + 3

Feats:
-Martial weapon proficiency: bastard sword
-Weapon focus: bastard sword
-Power attack
-Cleave

Franklyn was born on a beautiful spring morning on his father's farm in the outskirts of one of the coastal cities (name?). The first few years of his life were careless and pretty uneventflu - he grew up with his two elder brothers Theen and Daril and spent most of his time playing on the farm or exploring the surrounding woods. Once he was six, he started helping out on the farm as much as he could. His family wasn't poor - the farm provided more than enough food for the family as well as a bit left over to sell. Still, the money was never enough - feeding three growing boys is always a challenge, as well as changing the clothes they constantly outgrow or tear. On top of that, Franklyn's family had recently acquired another member to care for - a last child and first daughter, Essylia.
It should by now be clear that Franklyn's father had a thing for somewhat long and unusual names and there was a simple explanation for this - although he wasn't well educated, half a lifetime on a farm had thought him that there are better things in life and he had big plans for all his children. All the children were still young, though he was already arranging for Theen (now 12 years old) to start working as an apprentice in the village smithy. The ways of fate are mysterious and often cruel and as chance would have it misfortune struck before his ambitions could unfold. One day, after playing with the animals Theen was stricken by a mysterious illness and went down with a fever. He quickly got worse despite the constant care of the local herbalists. His parents could not collect enough money quickly enough to hire more qualified help from the nearby town and Theen died only a few days later.
It was a tragedy for the entire family, but nobody was more devastated than Franklyn. He was seven, too young to really understand what was really going on, but at the same time was overwhelmed by emotions. He spent days just crying and thinking about his life and his family. The sadness and anger following his brother's loss made him realize deep down what his father had already known for a while: there was no real future for a farmer on the outskirts - if a man was luckly he could work from sunrize to sunset all his life and finally have a plot of land and a family of his own. This doesn't sound so bad, but the harsh reality is that Franklyn's family had been one of the luckier ones - death, much like winter is a fact of life and a regular visitor. For weeks he shunned everybody and barely ate, up to the point where his parents started worrying that he had contracted some other mysterious illness. Not wanting to upset his parents any more than they already were, Franklyn pretended to be overcoming his sadness and tried to act strong for
he sake of his family.
As the seasons went by, both boys grew with the determination to make their father proud and it didn't take long for Daril to take the apprenticeship in the smithy that his older brother could not take.
Four years afterwards, half a dozen clerics and warriors passed through the village on their way to recruit young boys to train in the newly built temple of Diamitriis. Much like all military recruiters, they promissed a good life of honor, adventure and glory. They talked to the elders and then to some of the boys, agreeing to take a few. Franklyn was one of them as he was well built and the recruiters recognized the determination in his eyes. Leaving was not a problem for Franklyn as his brother had already progressed in his craft and would likely grow to be a skillful blacksmith who would support his parents. The military recruiters left with the boys with the promise to make them men of wisdom and action who would command the respect of their peers. Needless to say, Franklyn's father was very proud with his sons.
Franklyn trained for a few years and was pretty good in his studies - he showed good skill with the sword as well as a promise for magic, although his faith wasn't as strong as his mentors would have liked it to be. He also had a way with people and got along with both his peers and tutors. Years went by and Franklyn progressed in rank, finally achieving the title of cleric of Diamitriis. On his own request, Franklyn was transferred to the garrison and serve along with a handful of other clerics. The soldiers didn't see much action, but they spent their days in thorough and exhaustive training. During his time in the garrison, Franklyn learned much about warfare and how to use his faith and training to augment his strength in battle and aid his comrades.

Okay, so I made a number of assumptions in the backstory so just let me know if something doesn't work out in the setting. Franklyn is sent to the capital city by boat on an assignment for his temple (possibly a very minor one). Unless you'd like to make up a task, I'm going to go with escorting somebody important to the capital.

Equipment (125gp class average):
Since Franklyn is in the military he would have a breastplate and a MW longsword, however he would not be proficient with the latter. Since he is far better with his god's favored weapon he will be using a bastard sword instead, but my question is if the longsword is a general issue of sorts or if it can be sold or possibly exchanged for a MW bastard sword(this would somewhat influence what the rest of the gold he has would be used for).

Edit: last night there were so many unfilled party spots that I spent most of the evening thinking if I should make a cleric or wizard or charismatic rogue... Still DnD 3.5 wizards are out as I'm allergic to 4hp per level classes (a.k.a. glass cannon) and I've played a lot of rogues recently. So in the end I was split between a air/magic "diplomatic nice guy" cleric who could provide some arcane support and a war/strength cleric who could provide a lot more serious divine and combat support.

Starting: 75gp, breastplate, MW Bastard sword
0 gp -> Explorer-s outfit
2 gp -> 2 x dagger
2 cp -> whetstone
4 gp -> 4 x javelin
8 gp -> morningstar
20gp -> heavy steel shield

2 gp -> backpack
1 sp -> bedroll
1 sp -> sack
1 gp -> flint & steel
4 cp -> 4 x torches
7 gp -> hooded lantern
5 sp -> 5 x oil
1 gp -> 2 x soap

1 gp -> waterskin
4 gp -> 8x trial rations

Total: 50gp 7sp 6cp
Remaining: 24gp 2sp 4cp
Last edited by chrono on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Am A: True Neutral Human Sorcerer (4th Level)
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby malekith » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:54 pm

TheCake wrote:Tieflings have LA+1

I know that, i just left out the line because i used pathguy's awesome character gen and assumed it had already included anything that needed to be and also cos Gerwulf will have the MM.

Also my backstory will be something to do with coming from a nomadic tribe from inland of the country and Zithith getting kicked out for being a tiefling and a theif/rouge. So he decides to go into the main towns in search of others like him and just to spread wanton destruction, but most of the backstory will be left 'undiscovered' because zithith is a tiefling and a rouge who spins stories and doesn't like his past known to anyone and so he can slip in and out of places - but also on a practical term that i prefer to RP the details of a backstory as i go and also so that the other party members don't try to be smart and 'metagame think' as it's called in the DMG. If you have any problems just send me a PM Gerwulf and ill re think it accordingly.

M
malekith

Postby Lothmar » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:09 pm

Yes... But Tieflings are a race with a +1ECL, meaning a first level tiefling is comparable to a second level. Personally I dont really care since you'll level slower then the rest of us anyway and you'll have such low hp for two to three times as long as us; but with a higher probablility of survival due to excellent stat boosts and racial magics, etc.
Lothmar

Postby TheCake » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:18 pm

Garret Underhill
CN Halfling rogue
Height 2'10'' Weight 32lb age 22 deity Olidammara

STR 10
DEX 20
CON 13
INT 14
WIS 10
CHA 14

7 HP
AC 19 (10+3(armor)+5(DEX)+1(size))
Flatfooted 14 Touch 16

BAB 0

Feat: Two weapon fighting

Skills
Stealth +12(+5 abi +4 rank +3 misc (+4 racial -1 armor check penalty))
Disable Device +6 (+2 +4)
Open lock +9 (+5 +4)
Perception +6 (+0 +4 +2 (racial))
Tumble +8 (+5 +4 -1 (Armor check))
Bluff +2 (+2 +4)
Search +6 (+2 +4)
Sleight of hand +7 (+5 +4 -1 (armor check))
Sense motive +4 (+0 +4)
Use magic device +6 (+2 +4)

Saves
Fort +2 (+0 base +1 abi +1 racial)
Reflexes +8 (+2 +5 +1)
Will +1 (+0 +0 +1)
Extra: +2 morale bonus against fear

Languages: Common, Halfling, Elven and Dwarven

Equipment (125 gp)
Studded leather armor (25gp) +3 AC -1 Armor check Weight 10lb
Shortsword (10gp) 1d4 piercing damage 2lb 19-20 X2 crit
Dagger (2gp) 1d3 Piercing or slashing damage 2lb 19-20X2 crit
Thieves tools (30gp) 1lb
1 day trial rations (5sp) .25lb
Backpack (2g) .5lb
Bedroll (1sp) 1.25lb
Explorers outfit (free) 2lb
Extra 55gp 4sp (a little over 1 lb)
total weight 19 lb

Carrying capacity: light: 24.75 medium: 49.5 heavy: 75
Last edited by TheCake on Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheCake

Postby Crovius » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:29 pm

Oh, I forgot about backstory. I'll write a quick paragraph.

Everon Delfi is a jungle elf who worships a minor deity named Slisk, who is depicted as a giant serpent with a hamnoid face. Instead of clerics, Slisk uses druids and rangers as her religious leaders. Everon is accompanied by his medium-sized viper Leesia. He was raised in his jungle village, it being isolated from the world as the jungle sat in a tropical valley between two high mountains untill dwarven explorers created a tunnel leading into the valley and came across the elves. After some tense initial encounters, the elves and dwarves traded, and several of the elves left with the dwarves to explore the land. Everon, just starting his training as a druid, had a vision where a large jungle constrictor visited him while he tranced. Its face took on the appearance of a beautiful woman and Everon was convinced the vision was from Slisk herself. She told him that a far off evil would one day threaten their home, and that Everon was to be the one to defeat the evil. Everon was to go out in the world and grow stronger. He left with the next caravan after consulting his master and the other elders. He was gifted in summoning and proved able to handle himself in combat. He has traveled far from his home village and does not always understand many of the customs of the lands. He knows common, but he much prefers to speak elven when the opportunity. Meeting people that speak elven, he will opt to speak with them that way, and often will forget that not everyone else can speak it.

That turned out longer than I expected, and that's not even as detailed as I could have made it.
Crovius

Postby TheCake » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:39 pm

I'm not good at backstories like... at all
TheCake

Postby Crovius » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:43 pm

TheCake wrote:I'm not good at backstories like... at all

I'd be willing to help. I like making backstories. Just don't have time right now to do that. Just PM the concept and basics and I'll flesh it out sometime tonight or tomorrow afternoon.
Crovius

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games