Bogroll

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Bogroll

Postby The Dark Fiddler » Sun May 03, 2009 9:40 am

I'm not the only person who like Bogroll, right?

Was anybody else saddened when he croaked?

Does anybody but me hope we get to see more of him, either uncroaked or prequel story?
Oh how I wish I could be a tool.

Alas, I mere middle schooler am I, and the resources I lack to pay the fee.

Boop the economy, by the way.

A tool in spirit, I suppose.
The Dark Fiddler

Re: Bogroll

Postby Hobgobwin » Sun May 03, 2009 10:01 am

Yeah, I liked him too, but I don't think we'll see a decryped Bogroll, sadly. A prequel story wouldn't be very interesting, he wasn't that important.
Hobgobwin

Postby The Dark Fiddler » Sun May 03, 2009 10:11 am

That's the point, the prequel could make him more important.

I dunno, maybe I'm just insane.

Well, insaner than I thought I was.

The Dark Fiddler

Postby CourtJester » Sun May 03, 2009 1:04 pm

Alas, poor Bogroll! We knew him, Dark Fiddler; a fellow of infinite girth, of most excellent subservience; he hath served his Hamster a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is, his return! He hath played his part, and that event of his return would lessen the sacrifice he so willingly took part in. In remembrance he shall live, though I know not how oft. Where be your levels now?
"You hear the whispers in the castle hall, 'How could the king have passed away?'
The Court plays dumb and the queen keeps mum,
but listen close, and you can hear the Jester say..."
CourtJester

Postby Zerohour » Sun May 03, 2009 3:22 pm

Considering that Wanda just resurrected an entire army, revive Bogroll might not be so unlikely, especially given that Parson seems to have taken a liking to him, and might request reviving him specifically.
Zerohour

Postby kreszantas » Sun May 03, 2009 4:00 pm

Nope sorry dont think so, not with UnAnsom he wont need a garrison bound lackey to do his bidding for him. Parson will pop another random unit to fill that void. There will be many more Bogroll's to come. Those who will follow orders completely to the end even if it means the end of them. Blind obiedence is one of the things needing to be broken in Erf (according to Janis).
Huh? What was that sound, oh nevermind it was nothing.
kreszantas

Postby Chox » Sun May 03, 2009 6:15 pm

Ah, but it is not blind obedience, it is obedience out of love for the commander. Which is exactly what Erf is missing (the love part, at least). I'm on Dark Fiddler's side and have hopes that Bogroll will return to us, anew. And 2 levels higher this time.
Jack! Jack!
Jack in a Box
Jack of all Trades
Chox

Postby kreszantas » Sun May 03, 2009 6:31 pm

Chox wrote:Ah, but it is not blind obedience, it is obedience out of love for the commander. Which is exactly what Erf is missing (the love part, at least). I'm on Dark Fiddler's side and have hopes that Bogroll will return to us, anew. And 2 levels higher this time.

The whole issue with this concept is the 'lack of free will' as defined by the 'rules' and it is just that blind due to the make up of the world, to do what is only expected of me. That was his purpose it has been completed thus no more Bogroll is needed. Ansom's speech also pretty much rules that out as well since he states, that even when I was on the wrong course I still desired to do the Titan's will. "not his own".

For Parson to breakdown that wall a Bogroll would only hinder the ends to that means. That is also why Parson was shocked at the answer Bogroll gave when he said the greatest honor is to die in the service of my lord. To bring him back would only taint that accomplishment.
kreszantas

Postby Chox » Sun May 03, 2009 7:00 pm

Please note, that he didn't say that it was the greatest honor to die for his lord. Parson asked him what would he want the most in the world and Bogroll answered that he would like to save Parson's life. And that is pure gratitude.
http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F085.jpg
And I don't think that bringing Bogroll back would taint it in any way. It would only make the bond stronger. I also think that no unit will pop for our dear warlord, since Bogroll didn't pop either. He was assigned to Hamster.

The only part I'm afraid of that concerns bringing Bogroll back, is that he perhaps won't be Bogroll anymore. Ansom now has upkeep 0 and will not decay, but will probably not level up anymore. And I think, that even dough he has an amout of free thinking, he is still controlled by Wanda, aka no free will. So what Ansom says now I do not take for granted. His "Titans' will" is probably "Wanda's will". But we shall see how the events play out. I expect that in the next comic or two we will understand the meaning of this new uncroaking thing better.
Jack! Jack!
Jack in a Box
Jack of all Trades
Chox

Postby konmanrocks » Sun May 03, 2009 8:26 pm

Chox wrote:I also think that no unit will pop for our dear warlord, since Bogroll didn't pop either. He was assigned to Hamster.

bogroll did pop, just not in the time of the pages of the comic that we have seen. where else would he come from if he didnt pop?
konmanrocks
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby The Dark Fiddler » Sun May 03, 2009 8:29 pm

He was summoned just like Parson?

Now we need to find what webcomic he writes...

The Dark Fiddler

Postby Mikalyaran » Sun May 03, 2009 8:58 pm

Bogroll was the man. Every warlord needs a good henchman. I'm hoping he doesn'tget brought back though. It would cheapen things imo.
Mikalyaran
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby kreszantas » Sun May 03, 2009 10:41 pm

The Dark Fiddler wrote:He was summoned just like Parson?

Now we need to find what webcomic he writes...

I bet it would be one them cooking shows on LifeTV or something out in left field like that. Sample #1 How to cook a Drumstick by Bogroll. and the list can go on from there.
kreszantas

Postby R3u » Sun May 03, 2009 11:54 pm

...I could see Parson possibly requesting Bogroll be brought back.

Or, more likely, Wanda doing it of her own accord to try and up Parson's morale. She's had a fairly tight grasp of the people-interactions part of Gobwin Knob so far, so I don't see why she wouldn't notice Parson was a little off. I bet she knows he and Bogroll got along.

Possibly. Maybe. I don't know if Bogroll -will- come back, but I'd love if he did.
R3u

Postby Dragonchampion » Mon May 04, 2009 12:10 am

I. WANT. HIM. TO. COME. BACK.

I LOVED his funny personality, and I adored it when he dressed up like him! Bogroll was such a good friend to parson that I couldn't believe he was dead when I read the comic.
Dragonchampion

Postby Starwaster » Mon May 04, 2009 3:00 am

Part of me thinks it would be anticlimactic to bring back Bogroll now.....

I think the rest of me just wants to say... Boop it! Bring back Bogroll!
Starwaster

Postby VoidPointer » Mon May 04, 2009 6:11 am

I personally don't think Bogroll will be decrypted, if for no other reason than the massive invalidation of his sacrifice it would be. I would very much like him to be, but that is a wholly different proposition. I do wonder, however, how his not being decrypted would be explained in-story, as it seems entirely in-character for Parson and/or Wanda to want him back, or, specifically in Wanda's case, to recognize that Parson would be much happier with him back.

It does raise some interesting questions regarding personality, identity, and free will, especially in light of Decrypted Ansom.
VoidPointer

Postby Chox » Mon May 04, 2009 7:15 am

First, when i wrote that he didn't pop it was meant in a way that he didn't pop for Parson, he was already there, so i don't think something/someone else will pop just to be Parsons lackey.

The reason why he probably won't be brought back is because they almost disintegrated him. He was burning last time i saw him. And I'm sad because of that. :(

http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F132.jpg
Jack! Jack!
Jack in a Box
Jack of all Trades
Chox

Postby Welf von Ehrwald » Mon May 04, 2009 3:43 pm

Well, Bogroll won't come back. Bodies disappear when a side's next turn starts. And GK's turn just started. The bdies of the RCC are still there, because their sides' turns haven't started.
I love uncroaked Dora. I love an anonymous friend even more.

Only one man has understood me, and even he has not!
Welf von Ehrwald

Postby kreszantas » Mon May 04, 2009 3:47 pm

I think some are missing the point, Bogroll was popped, he was Wanda's lackey to begin with, so who's to say just like any other command structure that you do not get assigned a "personal aide" like any other form of "westernized military" (I am using those terms loosely so don't go trying to read to much into it.)

The point I was trying to bring out that Bogroll didn't know WHAT to do with himself if he was not a personal aide to someone. That is broken within Erf the ability of using free will in making choices outside the current conditions of Erf. Janis said it quite plainly if Parson breaks enough things there will eventually be peace in all of erf. But to what cost is what we need to assess. Bogroll would be one of those costs that must be paid to bring about change.
kreszantas

Next

Return to Everything Else Erfworld