Erfworld Game

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Erfworld Game

Postby Ehbobo » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:59 am

Well... maybe not. I've never played CIv, so I have to use Empire: Total War as my reference point. If you don't know, that game takes place across the 18th century. I'm in the middle of a campaign playing as Sweden, who in RL was fairly quickly obliterated by Russia. However, I was able to strike a trade agreement with them and their ally Poland-Lithuania in the first few turns and they became reluctant to attack me. I was able to build up until I dominated eastern Europe financially, so when war finally came with Russia and Poland they were exhausted from fighting the Ottoman Empire and Prussia. The moral is, if you can avoid war for a while then you will be able to save up a lot for when it finally comes.
Ehbobo

Postby Kaed » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:46 pm

Turns have begun again! Check your message boxes, people who I work turns with. (Az, turbler, Crovius)

Yay, I got over my procrastination/preoccupation.

Sorry again, guys. Consider it as hiatus while I dealt with severe motivational lack.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Twoy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:50 pm

In DarkArbiter's game we've managed to get through 51 turns in 27 days, though we had a short break over this past weekend whil DarkArbiter went to a Con.

I am still hoping that we can eventually compare rules and develop "the perfect game."
Twoy

Postby Crovius » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:19 pm

OMG! This is by far the most interesting turn for me. And I know it will only be getting more so over the next few turns.
Crovius

Postby Kaed » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:21 pm

Glad you guys are having fun, and I hope my game's players are too. I suspect, that if you got through that many turns that fast, that you are not going into detail as much. xD

And Crovius, yeah. You better get some Siege units eventually though. Some day you're going to have to attack a wall, and without those, well. Not much you can do but shout insults. (Your mother was a hamstew, and your father smelled of titanberries!)
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Dark Arbiter » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:29 pm

Twoy wrote:In DarkArbiter's game we've managed to get through 51 turns in 27 days, though we had a short break over this past weekend whil DarkArbiter went to a Con.

I am still hoping that we can eventually compare rules and develop "the perfect game."

I'm back and we're starting again. And yeah - I'm hoping on being able to collaborate on even better rules in the future.
"Well. You know."

"When life gives you crap, make Crap Golems, right?"
Dark Arbiter
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby bowdagger » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:21 am

Kaed wrote:starcraft 2 beta

:shock: do you have an extra beta key that i can have.
bowdagger

Postby Kaed » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:54 am

bowdagger wrote:
Kaed wrote:starcraft 2 beta

:shock: do you have an extra beta key that i can have.

Sorry, I only got in myself through a friend's extra key D:

Only the people who were accepted in originally by Blizzard got a spare key.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Crovius » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:26 am

I'm taking part in the Halo:Reach Beta.
Crovius

Postby bowdagger » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:01 pm

that's too bad. well if you start another game can you pm me so i can join.
bowdagger

Postby Crovius » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:20 pm

Kaed wrote:Glad you guys are having fun, and I hope my game's players are too. I suspect, that if you got through that many turns that fast, that you are not going into detail as much. xD

And Crovius, yeah. You better get some Siege units eventually though. Some day you're going to have to attack a wall, and without those, well. Not much you can do but shout insults. (Your mother was a hamstew, and your father smelled of titanberries!)

I was actually planning more on diplomacy and hoping they see reason. And I do have a siege unit. My Special C, the Wretched. They're basically towering frankenstein monsters with huge fists to puncha dn rip apart walls.
Crovius

Postby Crovius » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:19 pm

So we waiting on some of the players?
Crovius

Postby Kaed » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:01 pm

Yeah, Sinrus has a turn that we're waiting on, turbler just sent in his earlier today.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Crovius » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:02 am

Has Sinrus made his turn yet? I'm getting antsy waiting to see what side interaction is going to be like.
Crovius

Postby Kaed » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:58 pm

No, and Ehbobo was apparently not on all weekend or last week.

I just checked this morning, and apparently he's finally read the messages. Hopefully, Sinrus will have something to report soon.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Crovius » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:07 pm

Ok, I'm so eager for the next couple of turns. I wonder how well this will end...
Crovius

Postby Kaed » Sat May 08, 2010 4:06 pm

Sigh. Okay guys, I still want to play the game with you all, but it's looking like we're going to need a new new secondary GM.

Ehbobo has failed to respond to my hails for over a week, so I think he is either to busy to participate or bailed out. I'm not going to pass any judgment on him about it, whatever the reason.

So, I can either go back to managing you all, or someone can step up and try taking a whack at it. Anyone? (players need not apply xP)
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Sat May 08, 2010 5:24 pm

Mmmm... If you'd catch me up and explain my 2ndary GMly duties, I'd be able to.
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sun May 09, 2010 2:11 pm

Ehbobo mentioned finals or somesuch in a thread about the War of the Arkentools. There is that reason, so we can give them some slack.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Sun May 09, 2010 4:38 pm

That would be a reason to give him some slack, yes.

I will let Sir Shadow run in his absence, and with a third GM in play perhaps we can add another 1-2 players that desire to join (and catch up). We'll have to see.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games