Diodri wrote:That is a strong possibility. However, I postulate this:
Charlie said one of the objectives was to croak Ansom, but he knew that it couldn't be done by Haggar's force. He was essentially sending Haggar on a suicide mission that couldn't be achieved. That is very much like Charlie.
ARGGHHH!!! Haggar said that was his objective, NOT necessarily Charlie. Charlie likely just told Haggar to make the GW forces hurt. Hagger probably took this as an oppurtunity to pursue his own grudge.
What I think is more interesting about this situation is that:
1) Charlie wanted to see if Decrypted can be turned.
2) Charlie is not mad about what Jillian's change of plans.
3) Charlie has units in GW's battlespace (they had archons act this day in one of the text updates while within range of attacking GW) WITHOUT GW being aware that they were there (We have not seen GW act like they are aware someone has a turn before them).
4) Charlie knew he was going to freeze Wanda and her forces over Jetsone.
5) Charlie's archons are good at seeing through viels and doing their own foolmancy.
6) It is not such a logic leap that Wanda would realize her own viable way of escape was to use her living units as living shields and decrypt them as they fall. (I saw that coming the minute I saw Wanda order the living stacks into a different stack than her decrypted)
I personally think Charlie's plan all along was to have Jetsone wear itself out trying to destroy Wanda, then ride like the hero as the only one that can stop Wanda before she can escape. Then use a little foolamancy to make it look like he killed Wanda, when actually he captured her and road off with her. Then once she is under his thumb he was going to have her croak archon's, have a turnamancer turn them back to him, and then have bottomless source of costless archons.