Which turn is this?

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Which turn is this?

Postby doran » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:57 am

For the Summer update 001, are we still on the turn where Parson threw away the sword, or is it the one after that?
MarbitChow wrote: Don't you get it yet? WE ARE THE MAGIC KINGDOM.
We're the people sitting around discussing our pet theories based on nomenclature, citing references, discussing ad nauseum while Parson finds out how it works.
doran
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Re: Which turn is this?

Postby raphfrk » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:26 pm

doran wrote:For the Summer update 001, are we still on the turn where Parson threw away the sword, or is it the one after that?

I would say the one after. Stanley ordered the new city during the turn Parson threw his sword away, and the city popped at the start of the next turn.

It also says 1 turn after TBFGK.
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby doran » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:30 pm

raphfrk wrote:
doran wrote:For the Summer update 001, are we still on the turn where Parson threw away the sword, or is it the one after that?

I would say the one after. Stanley ordered the new city during the turn Parson threw his sword away, and the city popped at the start of the next turn.

It also says 1 turn after TBFGK.

Thanks, I thought that Stanley would arrive in the last turn of TBFGK, just after the sword was thrown away.
MarbitChow wrote: Don't you get it yet? WE ARE THE MAGIC KINGDOM.
We're the people sitting around discussing our pet theories based on nomenclature, citing references, discussing ad nauseum while Parson finds out how it works.
doran

Postby Bobby Archer » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:30 pm

raphfrk wrote:It also says 1 turn after TBFGK.

I think the conundrum is, "Does that mean 1 turn after the end of the book, or one turn after the battle itself (which would put this on the same turn as the sword)?"

My hunch is, it's one turn after the book ends. After a few updates, though, this won't matter quite so much, seeing as Book 2 starts 90-100 turns after Book 1's end.
Uncroaked for Hire

No, no, Misty is Uncle Ben; Bogroll is Gwen Stacy.
Bobby Archer

Location: Mass Hysteria, Chicago, IL, USA, Earth, Reality, Sanity

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:36 pm

I would say the same turn. If it were the next turn, Stanley and Jack would have made it back by then, no?

I find it interesting that Gobwin Knob now consists of Stanley, Sizemore, Wanda, Maggie, Jack, Parson, and something on the order of 2,000-10,000 decrypted troops, two golems, and a handful of uncroaked. Oh, and less than a dozen dwagons and between 1 and 3 KISS hobgobwins.

1) Presumably Stanley and Sizemore are the last two members of the Plaid tribe, making them almost as lost as the Croatan tribe.

2) All the gobwins are dead. Are they the same side as the hobgobwins (and twolls)? Can they rebuild their side? Is there a gobwin somewhere in the mountains sitting on a treasury, ready to pop some new troops?

3) Gobwin Knob now presumably has several decrypted warlords. Unless the special means by which they were killed rendered them un-decryptable, like Bogroll? This is certainly good news for Gobwin Knob.

4) They're also rich as balls now. What will they do with all that money? A) will the Magic Kingdom continue to sell them spells? B) will Charlie be pragmatic enough to deal with the guys who killed 15 (or more?) of his archons? C) will they save it to rebuild the cities that they conquer? D) will they pay the Gobwins more money so they can pop more Hobgobwins and Twolls?
I am a: Chaotic Neutral Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
Str- 12, Dex- 15, Con- 12, Int- 14, Wis- 11, Cha- 13
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby ErfDarg » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:44 pm

Don't forget the decrypted Archons. Stanley's air force should be around 30 archons added to his dwagons assuming that all of the archon corpses were no more damaged than the archon that was decrypted in Book 1.

Questions:
a) Is Parson still going to spend all his time wondering about "the meaning of it all"? Or is he instead just going to ask Tool what do you want? and go about implementing it.

b) With Book 2 being tentatively about the difficulties of Love, will Parson discover reasons to Love ErfWorld, and by extension, love his life, or will he sink deeper into depression (remember in the first 10 pages of the comic, you got a glimpse of Parson was a gamer to combat his depression with his lack of success in real life). Given that many gamers use gaming as an escape (and often as a cloak to ward off these kind of depressive thoughts), then it seems appropriate for Parson to learn more about Erfworld and its similarities to his "creation". They may be one and the same, or close enough as to make no difference.

c) When pressed, will Stanley have an answer to "Why are you questing for the Arkentools?", and will it intrigue Parson enough to give him a reason to fight at his best?
ErfDarg

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:41 pm

I had included the archons among the "2-10K decrypted troops" i.e. the entire Coalition, or howevermuch of it made it to the decryption phase.

We know there's at least one decrypted archon, I think we've seen two, probably more; how many? no idea. As fliers, they maybe had the best chance to survive the eruption and retreat from the field. Or maybe the game treated the Airspace same as every other area of the city when rolling for damage.
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby Darkside007 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:00 pm

Cmdr I. Heartly Noah wrote:I had included the archons among the "2-10K decrypted troops" i.e. the entire Coalition, or howevermuch of it made it to the decryption phase.

We know there's at least one decrypted archon, I think we've seen two, probably more; how many? no idea. As fliers, they maybe had the best chance to survive the eruption and retreat from the field. Or maybe the game treated the Airspace same as every other area of the city when rolling for damage.

Archons are such powerful units that any analysis that clusters them in with regular troops will be completely useless for any kind of conclusion beyond a unit count.
Darkside007

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:19 pm

Darkside007 wrote:
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah wrote:I had included the archons among the "2-10K decrypted troops" i.e. the entire Coalition, or howevermuch of it made it to the decryption phase.

Archons are such powerful units that any analysis that clusters them in with regular troops will be completely useless for any kind of conclusion beyond a unit count.

Luckily I didn't come to any conclusion. I just said it was "interesting."

Heavies, siege, warlords, casters, people who can lead dance-fights... all these are important, but I have no idea how many of each they have (thus "2-10K") so I can't comment.

Ass.
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby SteveMB » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:42 pm

Cmdr I. Heartly Noah wrote:We know there's at least one decrypted archon, I think we've seen two, probably more; how many? no idea. As fliers, they maybe had the best chance to survive the eruption and retreat from the field. Or maybe the game treated the Airspace same as every other area of the city when rolling for damage.

They had no move (it went away when Charlescomm ended turn with them in GK airspace) -- that's why they couldn't engage directly in the fighting other than shooting down Wanda's air units.
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:45 pm

SteveMB wrote:
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah wrote:We know there's at least one decrypted archon, I think we've seen two, probably more; how many? no idea. As fliers, they maybe had the best chance to survive the eruption and retreat from the field. Or maybe the game treated the Airspace same as every other area of the city when rolling for damage.

They had no move (it went away when Charlescomm ended turn with them in GK airspace) -- that's why they couldn't engage directly in the fighting other than shooting down Wanda's air units.

..and on the next turn they didn't have a turn and thus weren't in the battlespace? That makes sense.
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Return to Everything Else Erfworld