LoC RPG - Playable Races made

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: LoC RPG - Poking for interest

Postby Daemonwelsh » Mon May 24, 2010 12:34 am

Crovius wrote:Guilded Ant
Spoiler: show
Size/Type: Small Monstrous Humanoid
Hit Dice: 2d8+2 (11 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 20 feet (4 squares), Climb 20 feet
Armor Class: 14 (+1 size, +0 Dex, +3 natural), 11 touch , 14 flat-footed
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/-3
Attack: Quarter Staff +1 (1d4-1) or Light Crossbow +2 (1d6)
Full Attack: Quarter Staff +1 (1d4-1) or -3/-7 (1d4-1/1d4-1) or Light Crossbow +2 (1d6)
Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft, Light Sensitivity, Spell-like abilities
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +3
Abilities: Str 9, Dex 11, Con 13, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 8
Skills: Balance +4, Climb +4, Jump +3, Listen +4, Move Silently +4, Spot +4
Feats: Improved Initiative
Environment: Mountainous
Organization:
Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: 1/2 Standard
Alignment: Usually Lawful Neutral
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +1

Appearance: Ants appear as oversized insects with some humanoid features. Ants stand about 2 feet tall and usually weigh between 10 and 30 pounds. They have two pairs of large black eyes. Most have a chitenous exoskeleton colored red, black, or brown. Ants reach adulthood within 2 years and can reproduce after 5 but do not generally live beyond 50. This short lifespan tends to instill within them that everything they should do needs to be important and they must not waste their time.

Ants speak Antian and Common.

Combat:

Ants As Characters
Ant characters possess the following racial traits.

-2 Strength, +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma
Small Size
Darvision 60 ft
Light Sensitivity - Guilded ants are dazed when in bright light, such as sunlight or a Daylight spell.
An Ant’s base land speed is 20 feet. They have a Climb speed of 20 feet.
Racial Hit Dice: As ant begins with 2 levels of monstrous humanoid, which provides 2d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +2, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +0, Ref +3, and Will +3.
Racial Skills: An ant’s monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 5 × (2 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Balance, Climb, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, and Spot
Racial Feats: An ant’s monstrous humanoid levels give it one feat.
Weapon Proficiency: Guilded ants are proficient with all weapons the Monk class is proficient with.
+3 natural armor bonus
+4 racial bonus on Climb and Balance checks.
+2 racial bonus on Move Silently checks.
+2 save versus spells adn spell like abilities.
Spell-like Abilities: 1/day a guilded ant can cast Spider Climb, Soften Earth and Stone, and Warp Wood; Caster level is equal to effective character level. DC is Intelligence based.
Automatic Languages: Common, Antian.
Favored Class: Monk
Level Adjustment: +1

I would have it that at level 15 they convert to a Soldier ant, and at level 30 they become a queen...
also that at every 5 levels, their average lifespan increases by *2
Daemonwelsh

Postby Crovius » Mon May 24, 2010 10:34 am

Well what I was going to have them do was they'd take a prestige class to become a soldier. Taking the class would give them a few bonus pell-like abilities and other bonuses as well, then they'd also gain 10 years to their maximum lifespan. Then they could take a second prestige class to become a Queen that would require they had taken the Gulded Soldier prestige class. Taking it would double their maximum lifespan (essentially allowign them to live past 100, and get close to 150), among other bonuses.I figure there should be 10 levels of Guilded Soldier adn then 5 levels of Guilded Queen.

And ofcourse they have to pick a few levels of a combat capeable class before they qualify for the Guilded Soldier class. Since they start with 2 hit dice and a +1 level adjustment, having 1 class level makes thema 4th level character, so they can have 7 class levels for the game run.
Crovius

Postby Daemonwelsh » Mon May 24, 2010 7:21 pm

works well for me... thank you crovius.
Daemonwelsh

Re: LoC RPG - Playable Races made

Postby Crovius » Tue May 25, 2010 11:11 am

Ok, I'm ready for people to start making characters. Considering the decrease in level adjustments I was able to make team wide, the Effective character level caps at 6. So most of you should have about 2-4 class levels in whatever class you choose. Remember, favoured class does not cause xp penalties when you multiclass so you can haave just 1 level of you favoured class and more than 2 levels in another class.

All characters can have one magic weapon or armor with a +1 bonus, a second weaopon or armor that is master craft, and one magic utility item that costs less than 2000 gold.

The game will start in one of the commerce capitals on the southeastern landmass, so roughly 40% of NPCs will be Crowkahn, 18% will be Ailoran, 15% will be Den'i'ata, 12% will be Khalterian, 6% Guilded Ants, 5% Tserathians, and 4% other races. It will be primarily run by Crowkahn but all races will have some amount of presence in the city.
Crovius

Postby Daemonwelsh » Tue May 25, 2010 8:58 pm

Just a quick note, It seems like the Guilded ants would have autophobia as a racial flaw...
((deleted due to information being unusable for game))
Last edited by Daemonwelsh on Wed May 26, 2010 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daemonwelsh

Postby Crovius » Wed May 26, 2010 10:38 am

A few things you are going to need to fix your munchkin.

1) I'm not allowing flaws for this test run of the races.

2) Guilded ants have 2 levels of Monstrous humanoid, AND they have a +1 level adjustment, so you'd have at most 3 levels of Monk.

3) I already stated you can either point buy your stats with a 32 point cap or use my base score set of 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15. And Point buy considers that all the stats will start at 8. So change those.

4) You did not roll 8 every time for your HP, I'm sorry I simply cannot believe that.

5) I don't see your equipment anywhere. You should have 1 +1 magic item, 1 Masterwork item. And I'm saying no to a cursed item for 3 reasons: I consider it armor; it is not a utlity item; it's suicide because you WILL be fighitng things that have CR higher than you now and then.

Stop trying to min/max your characters and make them all munchkinny, especially if you're gonna do it wrong. This game is going to be primarily about testing out how the abilities of each race compare, seeing if I need to make level adjustments higher or lower, etc.
Crovius

Postby Daemonwelsh » Wed May 26, 2010 7:56 pm

For the 8, I assumed that we were going to play as maximum health due to that being the case in most/all other games I have played. I did not know that was not the case.

The level adjustment was +1 from your post, not +2, apologies again, I will go back and change that too.

Will do for adjusting scores. I didn't see the stuff about point buy...

Will remove flaws

And I know about the CR. I took that into account when I was purchasing the thing. If you do not want me to have it, then I will change that too.

I apologize for seeming to try and munchkin my character, as that was not my intention. I will redo my character when I have the time to do so...

Again, I apologize.
Daemonwelsh

Postby Crovius » Thu May 27, 2010 11:20 am

Daemonwelsh wrote:For the 8, I assumed that we were going to play as maximum health due to that being the case in most/all other games I have played. I did not know that was not the case.

The level adjustment was +1 from your post, not +2, apologies again, I will go back and change that too.

Will do for adjusting scores. I didn't see the stuff about point buy...

Will remove flaws

And I know about the CR. I took that into account when I was purchasing the thing. If you do not want me to have it, then I will change that too.

I apologize for seeming to try and munchkin my character, as that was not my intention. I will redo my character when I have the time to do so...

Again, I apologize.

Thank you, also, the level adjustment is +1. But you have 2 levels of Monstrous Humanoid as well so remember to account for both level.
Crovius

Postby Daemonwelsh » Fri May 28, 2010 8:39 pm

This is a level 2, without any monstrous levels. In effect he will be level 5 once I calculate that.
Now on to my magic items...
Spoiler: show
Blight the Paladin

Male Guilded Ant Paladin 2
Lawful Good
Representing Daemonwelsh

Strength 12 (+1)
Dexterity 12 (+1)
Constitution 14 (+2)
Intelligence 18 (+4)
Wisdom 12 (+1)
Charisma 10 (+0)

Size: Small
Height: ---
Weight: 40 lb
Skin: Black
Eyes: Black
Hair: None

Total Hit Points: 17

Speed: 30 feet

Armor Class: 12 = 10 +1 [dexterity] +1 [small]

Touch AC: 12
Flat-footed: 11

Initiative modifier: +1 = +1 [dexterity]
Fortitude save: +5 = 3 [base] +2 [constitution]
Reflex save: +1 = 0 [base] +1 [dexterity]
Will save: +1 = 0 [base] +1 [wisdom]
Attack (handheld): +4 = 2 [base] +1 [strength] +1 [small]
Attack (unarmed): +4 = 2 [base] +1 [strength] +1 [small]
Attack (missile): +4 = 2 [base] +1 [dexterity] +1 [small]
Grapple check: -1 = 2 [base] +1 [strength] -4 [small]

Light load:
Medium load:
Heavy load:
Lift over head:
Lift off ground:
Push or drag:
32 lb. or less
33-65 lb.
65-98 lb.
98 lb.
195 lb.
488 lb.

Languages: Common Other Language 1 Other Language 2 Other Language 3 Other Language 4

Feats:

Persuasive

Traits:

Skill Name

Key
Ability

Skill
Modifier

Ability
Modifier

Ranks

Misc.
Modifier
Appraise Int 4 =
+4

Balance Dex* 1 =
+1

Bluff Cha 2 =
+0
+2 [persuasive]
Climb Str* 1 =
+1

Concentration Con 7 =
+2
+5
Craft_1 Int 4 =
+4

Craft_2 Int 4 =
+4

Craft_3 Int 4 =
+4

Diplomacy Cha 7 =
+0
+5 +2 [sense motive]
Disguise Cha 0 =
+0

Escape Artist Dex* 1 =
+1

Forgery Int 4 =
+4

Gather Information Cha 0 =
+0

Heal Wis 6 =
+1
+5
Hide Dex* 5 =
+1
+4 [small]
Intimidate Cha 4 =
+0
+2 +2 [persuasive]
Jump Str* 1 =
+1

Knowledge (religion) Int 9 =
+4
+5
Listen Wis 1 =
+1

Move Silently Dex* 1 =
+1

Perform_1 Cha 0 =
+0

Perform_2 Cha 0 =
+0

Perform_3 Cha 0 =
+0

Perform_4 Cha 0 =
+0

Perform_5 Cha 0 =
+0

Ride Dex 2 =
+1
+1
Search Int 4 =
+4

Sense Motive Wis 6 =
+1
+5
Spot Wis 1 =
+1

Survival Wis 1 =
+1

Swim Str** 1 =
+1

Use Rope Dex 1 =
+1

* = check penalty for wearing armor

Know Religion >=5 ranks gives +2 on turn/rebuke the undead.

Guilded Ant:

* Unfamiliar race. Adjustments already included.

* -2 strength

* +0 dexterity

* +2 constitution

* +2 intelligence

* +0 wisdom

* -2 charisma

* Edit sheet & write details here as needed.

* Be sure to know bonuses to skills, special abilities, low-light / dark vision, and any natural armor class bonus.

Paladin:

* Aura of Good

* Detect Evil

* Smite Evil (1x/day; add +0 to melee attack roll, paladin levels to damage)

* Divine Grace (level 2)

* Lay on Hands (level 2)

* Aura of Courage (level 3)

* Divine Health (level 3)

* Turn Undead (level 4)

* Special Mount (level 5)

* Remove Disease (level 6)

* Code of Conduct / Association

* High wisdom gains bonus spells daily

Class HP rolled
Level 1: Paladin 10
Level 2: Paladin 3

Blight's Equipment:

0 lb
_____
0 lb Weapons / Armor / Shield (from above)

Total
Daemonwelsh

Postby Crovius » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:51 am

Monstrous levels are counted first. Basically you can take the monster manual entry, with you chosing where it's skill points went, what it's feat would be, and you adjust the ability scores to the array I'm allowing you. Then you give him 2 levels of paladin. That is the correct way to do it, it's the way you are supposed to do it, so yeah. Monstrous levels first, then paladin levels.
Crovius

Previous

Return to Your Games