Creators, please give Erfworld fanart some love!

Your fan art, demotivators, cartoons, animations, lolcats or whatever other images you want to show off.

Creators, please give Erfworld fanart some love!

Postby Alexei P » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:02 pm

(ok, I don't know which forums get more attention, so I double-post this both in Art and Suggestions, hope it's OK)

I'm a sucker for interesting webcomic fan art. :P

So I find it awfully sad :( the way it's relegated to a forum that often goes for weeks between posts! Hard to see the incentive for us fans to celebrate Erfworld by way of fanart in a community where the most amazing art pieces seldom get more than a couple comments apiece, and hardly ever seem to be acknowledged by the authors.

Other webcomic creators openly flaunt their fanart, even highlight it in their blogs.

Erfworld fans, meanwhile, have produced amazing pieces like

this:

and this:

and this:

and (allow me to toot my own horn one sec) this:

and this:

…most of which are promptly buried in obscurity. Sad. :(

Fan art has great potential to capture the creativity of fans and enhance the value of belonging to the fan community, doubly so when it is acknowledged and celebrated by the webcomic creators themselves.

Come on, Erfworld! Give the fan art some love! :P
Alexei P

Re: Creators, please give Erfworld fanart some love!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:49 pm

I'd like to point out that I did plop about 3 pieces of fanart on these forums, but somehow the point of this thread is not for us to gather all our art in one place. Is it? Then I could link to my abomi- uh creations!

The point of this thread, as far as I can tell is- I will draw something. Within the remaining days of this week. Then post it here. And yell loudly, "hey people come see this!"

So should you, whoever is reading this and is half-decent with a pencil, brush, or tablet.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby elddonnemar » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:30 pm

:oops:

I'm sorry. As someone who was a fan to begin with, I have failed super hard in this case. I will make every effort to comment on and feature all the art (on my deviant page since I don't have anything else I update on a regular basis at this point) you guys make. Forgive me. T.T
elddonnemar
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby CelebrenIthil » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:08 pm

Oh hey, thanks a lot for the feature here Alexei. :D
You are quite right, erfworld fanart really doesn't get much attention right now.

That would be very nice of you Xin, but tracking and featuring every piece on your page would be rather complicated, long and cumbersome.
What could be done, tough, is creating a Erfworld-club on dA, group you might be the admin of, with additional co-admins that could help with the gathering of art.
And people producing fanart that have an account on dA could submit their work to the club themselves so it wold cut some of the workload for the admins.

Whatchoothink? :)

EDIT: BTW, I hope you don't mind, I borrowed your Trammenis for my avatar. XD
My Dwagons!
Red: Kelvin Yellow: Newton Green: Langmuir Blue: Ampere Purple: Decibel Pink: Pascal
build6 wrote:It's true, we're all gay for Tramennis, even if we're straight :-)
CelebrenIthil
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby elddonnemar » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:51 pm

CelebrenIthil wrote:That would be very nice of you Xin, but tracking and featuring every piece on your page would be rather complicated, long and cumbersome.
What could be done, tough, is creating a Erfworld-club on dA, group you might be the admin of, with additional co-admins that could help with the gathering of art.
And people producing fanart that have an account on dA could submit their work to the club themselves so it wold cut some of the workload for the admins.

That's a wonderful idea. I will set one up tomorrow. Anyone interested in being co-admins for it?

CelebrenIthil wrote:EDIT: BTW, I hope you don't mind, I borrowed your Trammenis for my avatar. XD

Not at all! I really enjoy all the avatars. Yours made me laugh for a good two minutes. :D
elddonnemar
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby TheMutant » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:44 am

I'd be interested in co-admining an Erfworld fanart group :3 I'm on DA plenty and love me some Erfarts (as evidenced by my dwagon thread :B).

Up to you of course, though!
Join the Erflings fanart gallery on DeviantArt!

Sixty wrote:Obviously the mystery caster has no particular feelings one way or the other about Parson, he simply heard "cue the Benny Hill music" and gave chase, compelled to do so by forces outside his control.
TheMutant
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby CelebrenIthil » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:29 am

elddonnemar wrote:
CelebrenIthil wrote:That would be very nice of you Xin, but tracking and featuring every piece on your page would be rather complicated, long and cumbersome.

That's a wonderful idea. I will set one up tomorrow. Anyone interested in being co-admins for it?

Well, I've proposed so I might as well go for it but it's up to you guys.
If you need me, I go by the very same name on dA.

elddonnemar wrote:
CelebrenIthil wrote:EDIT: BTW, I hope you don't mind, I borrowed your Trammenis for my avatar. XD

Not at all! I really enjoy all the avatars. Yours made me laugh for a good two minutes. :D

glee! :D
My Dwagons!
Red: Kelvin Yellow: Newton Green: Langmuir Blue: Ampere Purple: Decibel Pink: Pascal
CelebrenIthil
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Alexei P » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:The point of this thread, as far as I can tell is- I will draw something.

Well, the point of the thread was to get the creators' attention to what I perceived as a regrettable neglect of erf fanart. But hey, while we're at it? Why not? :mrgreen:

Alexei P

Postby elddonnemar » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:18 pm

I just spent the last hour or so trying to make a group for Erfworld on DA, but it appears the name Erfworld is already taken. But I searched and searched and I just couldn't find the group that's already using the name. I've contacted the DA help desk, hoping they could at least tell me who's using the name. I'm just really curious about it.

In the mean time, I would like to ask, in case we can't get the Erfworld group name, what should we call the group?

Alexei P wrote:Well, the point of the thread was to get the creators' attention to what I perceived as a regrettable neglect of erf fanart. But hey, while we're at it? Why not? :mrgreen:

Spoiler: show

Fantastic! So very lovely. Haha, it's always wonderful to see something from you. I do think their body language is a bit out of character, though. :3

I wonder if your threat will actually work. I hope you won't actually start making these less horrible just because others are making more art?
elddonnemar
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:05 am

Alexei P wrote:Well, the point of the thread was to get the creators' attention to what I perceived as a regrettable neglect of erf fanart. But hey, while we're at it? Why not? :mrgreen:

:D :oops: :D

You and your controlled lineart, lively characters and expressive composition, I hates you, I hates you forever!

Incidentally, maybe a better caption for Ansom would have been "Or next time? There won't be any bowtie."

Jillian also seems somehow similar to someone else, but I can't quite figure out who ...
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Alexei P » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:20 am

elddonnemar wrote: I hope you won't actually start making these less horrible just because others are making more art?

No ma'am! :D

elddonnemar wrote: I do think their body language is a bit out of character, though. :3

Oh, definitely. I think it's a very rushed piece :oops: I could go on about all the problems I see in it. Still, the main point is having a bit of fun, so I'm happy enough. :)
Alexei P

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:56 am

Alexei P wrote:Oh, definitely. I think it's a very rushed piece :oops:

Aw, don't be modest now, it really doesn't look rushed.

I could go on about all the problems I see in it.

Please do. That would be an education.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby CelebrenIthil » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:35 pm

Hahah, very good- and slightly traumatizing! Just how I like it! (like that piece with Maggie heheheh)

As for erfworld, it is not a group but a regular account: http://erfworld.deviantart.com/
So yeah, name's taken. :/

But! It can simply be named "erfworld-club" or anything of the like, "erf-fans", "erfworld-fanart", "the-art-of-erfworld", etc... (sure the last one is a rather unwieldy name but heh...)
My Dwagons!
CelebrenIthil
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Alexei P » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:04 pm

Erfart :)
Alexei P

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:19 pm

Alexei P wrote:Erfart :)

I see what you did there, you naughty boy.

So the group will be Erfart, where we post erfartwork. Beavis and Butthead are amused.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby elddonnemar » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:59 am

Alexei P wrote:Erfart :)

I wanted to use this, but Rob nixed it. Alas. XD

But he has a great counter proposal. Erflings. I rather like this one. If you guys are okay with it I will make the group as soon as I'm done with the current comic page.
elddonnemar
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Alexei P » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:08 pm

I like it.
Alexei P

Postby CelebrenIthil » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:59 am

S'okay with me. We shall be little Erflings. :D
My Dwagons!
CelebrenIthil
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby elddonnemar » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:52 pm

Alright, I finally put in the application for the group. I apologize for the long delay.

I will also be drawing live sometime in the next few days. Once I know for sure when it is I will make a thread in my section of the forum so I don't clutter up stuff here. I won't be drawing the actual comic, for obvious reasons, but I will be making custom wallpapers for the toolbox. Feel free to drop by if you guys are interested in watching my process. :)
elddonnemar
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Lady Nerevar » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:00 pm

Alexei P: I was going to draw something, but seeing the threat in that picture I changed my mind :twisted:
Lady Nerevar

Next

Return to Art and Images