Erfworld Game

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Erfworld Game

Postby sdertsr6 » Thu May 13, 2010 3:27 am

You both make excellent point,
sdertsr6

Postby Sir Shadow » Tue May 25, 2010 8:39 pm

What turn is everyone on?
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Postby Kaed » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:29 pm

Hey Y'all. I'm still alive. Probably going to be re-resuming the game shortly, if anyone was still interested.

Some things to consider from recent events -

Weirdomancers manipulate unit special abilities, such as Flight, and are able to remove or add them to units, presumably temporarily.

Dismounting from a flying unit or having it croak under a unit counts as a fall. The unit either croaks, is incapacitated, or survives with some damage. Height has some effect on this, but it is still essentially random.

Disbanding units and razing cities presumably gives some instant Schmuckers back to the capital, sort of like a partial refund. Or perhaps razing a city empties it's treasury into the capital. Unclear at this point, but seems to be an emergency measure.

Units may use part of their move and turn to forage and lower/eliminate their upkeep depending on the size of the force. Presumably beast-type units may also be croaked to provide some extra rations and lower the upkeep.

Designating an Heir/possibly promoting infantry is very expensive. May have to alter the cost of getting one when it becomes more definitive.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Nihila » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:43 pm

I think that this is a great project, but will need constant revising as new rules are exposed to us.

On the subject of caster links, in the comic, adverse effects are shown to happen when a trimancer link is broken. Maybe Callahan's should cost the same whether its for a bi- or tri-mancer link, but a trimancer link has risks to the participants when it is broken?
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby Crovius » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:49 am

Well it's indicated the risks are if it's borken without precations. With thinkamancers present to break the link smoothly they seemed just fine.
Crovius

Postby Chris Goodwin » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:30 pm

Topic necro, I don't think that this was covered.

Twoy wrote:Don't get me wrong. I like the concept of playing exactly according to canon.

I just don't understand why Jillian is spending 60 turns to pop a royal heir when she could pop a royal warlord and designate him or her the heir.

(ETA II: This is all my speculation...)

It's not just that. In the comic, it's her capital city's entire output for 60 turns. What I would imagine is that to pop an heir, the side has to pay whatever it would cost to pop the unit being named heir plus whatever it would cost to name the unit heir. What might be the case is that if you were just going to name an existing unit as heir, you have to have the shmuckers in your treasury and pay them all up front. When working on an heir, you can buy it on the installment plan, as it were. So, let's say that if it would cost 5000 to pop a warlord, and 55000 to name someone heir, then it would cost 60000 to pop an heir. If the city's production is 1000 per turn, then it would take 60 turns. You can decide at any time to stop trying to produce the heir, but anything you've already spent on it then goes away (the nascent heir is disbanded).

So, in my scenario, the reason she'd spend the turns is because she doesn't have the money up front.

ETA: Oh, and you can't decide to put only part of the city's production into it. It's all or nothing. And you can't divert other cities' production into it, either.
Chris Goodwin

Postby Nihila » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:18 pm

Hmm. I just assumed (yeah, bad idea, I know) that Royal Warlords took as long as Royal Heirs to pop...

Incidentally, Kaed, will a second game be starting soon or will the first game go on for a while yet?
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby Chris Goodwin » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:58 am

Kaed, I don't want to move your thread too far from its original purpose. Did you start it for general discussion of Erfworld game mechanics, or just for your own game? If the latter, I'll start up another thread for general game design notes.
Chris Goodwin

Postby Kaed » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:55 pm

Chris Goodwin wrote:Kaed, I don't want to move your thread too far from its original purpose. Did you start it for general discussion of Erfworld game mechanics, or just for your own game? If the latter, I'll start up another thread for general game design notes.

Hm, interesting question. This thread SHOULD be about the game rule discussion, but the thing is I'm trying to make it fit to the rules of the comic closely. Dunno what to tell you, unless you want to start a thread listing every new rules info as it comes along.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Nihila » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:20 am

General question, if anyone can answer.

In the thread, has it been established what being a heavy unit does? On one page of the thread (http://www.erfworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1151&start=168) a list of specials is compiled, but "heavy" is not on it. So does heavy just prevent a (non-knight class) unit from entering tunnels and riding mounts, or does it have some bonus?
Nihila

Postby Crovius » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:47 am

As I recall a Knight that's Heavy can't ride a mount and actually gains an ability to make up for having the Rider ability and not being able to use it. At least, according to our rules.

A normal Heavy unit simply cannot enter tunnels (unless it has a special that allows it to), it can be used as a Mount by other units, and I suppose it has more Hits and a generally better Defense and Attack than a regular version?
Crovius

Postby Nihila » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:21 am

Well, I was thinking, maybe heavy should be its own compensation for not having Rider. Maybe a basic special, giving increased Hits, or increased Attack and Defense?

Also, on the falling damage thing, maybe if a unit falls, it is treated as being attacked by a unit with 10 Attack, and the falling unit's defense decreases the damage?

Yes, no, maybe, any thoughts?
Nihila

Postby Kaed » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:27 am

Other addition to the game I am adding, since no one has gotten there yet anyway:

Level 5 Cities are allowed to massively boost a particular part of it's design (Walls, tower, tunnel/dungeon) at the expense of others. Example is Jetstone's Walls.

I'm a little curious what Gobwin Knob's boosted feature is though. Dungeon perhaps? Theirs seems to be kind of expansive.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Nihila » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:47 am

I think GK was Tunnels, remember, those things were freaking caves. With huge cliff faces and everything (When Sir Webinar says "Climb! And cover!").
Nihila

Postby Crovius » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:02 pm

Kaed, I'm still waiting for a reply from my last post. I'm supposed to have started Turn 26 a month or so ago.
Crovius

Postby Kaed » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:11 pm

New spell has been invented. Really kind of a minor update, but making it up amused me too much not to share.

Findamancy:
Twitter: 10 Juice - Sends a small bird (Move 4) unerringly towards a target to deliver a short written message.

;)
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:20 pm

I'm just waiting for the go-ahead from Kaed to begin turn 26 <_<
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Postby Kaed » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:29 pm

OH you still exist. :O

Uhm I guess you can go ahead then, but I've taken over management of Sinrus. So, you can deal with BLAND for now, like you were before. Less work! For both of us!

I'll forward you the latest turn data.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby turbler » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:27 pm

Good to see that things are running smoothly with the restart =D
turbler

Postby Azgrut » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:09 am

I just hope there will be some battle soon. :)
Azgrut

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games