Erfworld Game

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Erfworld Game

Postby Crovius » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:27 am

Depends, I'm progressing rather slowly I think compared to some of you guys, mostly because I'm NOT optimized at all. Most of my units are mote flavor than actual utility. Sure, they're effective, but they were designed to be cool. In any case it's going to take me a while before I can have siege to start hurting cities.
Crovius
 
Posts: 682
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 11:51 am

Re: Erfworld Game

Postby Sir Shadow » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:52 pm

Without being too specific, BLAND seems to be fairly well optimized for what I presume he wants to do.
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
User avatar
Sir Shadow
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:53 am
Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Re: Erfworld Game

Postby Nihila » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:09 pm

I just have a few thoughts on some units that might be added to a later version to increase consistency with the comic.
A) Have Siege Towers as an optional replacement for D-class units. (In the comic, it looked like only Hobbittm units were in the Towers)
B) Have the option of having a very weak unit (1-1-1-12) instead of a D-class unit, with 10 points to use, which can be mass produced. (In the comic, Doombats)
C) Have different Ship units, to represent the levels. (Text Update 18, Book Two)
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila
 
Posts: 750
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:09 pm
Location: Probably totally lost.

Re: Erfworld Game

Postby Sir Shadow » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:28 am

Doombats are VERY likely to be natural allies of Transilvito.
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
User avatar
Sir Shadow
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:53 am
Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Re: Erfworld Game

Postby Nihila » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:17 am

Sir Shadow wrote:Doombats are VERY likely to be natural allies of Transilvito.
Alright, but the other two still stand. (And I agree. I had forgotten the scene where Vinny tamed the wild bat.)
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila
 
Posts: 750
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:09 pm
Location: Probably totally lost.

Re: Erfworld Game

Postby Crovius » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:37 am

I haven't recieved an update in weeks, again...
Crovius
 
Posts: 682
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 11:51 am

Re: Erfworld Game

Postby Sir Shadow » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:41 pm

I know :(
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
User avatar
Sir Shadow
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:53 am
Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Re: Erfworld Game

Postby notentirelyhere » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:03 pm

Hi, long time Erfworld lurker, reading about this game rather excited me! Has it fallen by the wayside?
notentirelyhere
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:00 pm

Re: Erfworld Game

Postby Crovius » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:36 am

Unfourtanetly, yes. Kaed most likely became busy in real life. Unfourtanate.
Crovius
 
Posts: 682
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 11:51 am

Re: Erfworld Game

Postby thetobias » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:02 am

That is a shame really, I'd love to play or even GM one of these games :)

If we can get enough others I don't see why we can't get a game up and running. We'd have to get some things straight though:

1. A set amount of time per turn. (if everyone finishes his turn the GMs can of course decide to reduce this and with a good reason from a player increase it)
2. A good system for GMs or players bailing out. (reserve GMs, players "autoplaying" for a set number of turns before their side is "vanquished")
3. A direction for the game: Will it be a story telling game which allows people to jump in (start as a barbarian with a small purse and some units, allow them to either claim a capital site and become a side or just goof around and do mercenary work) or a closed game with a fixed number of turns or a fixed goal where no people can join. (I personally prefer the storytelling game, but hey, that's the roleplayer in me :P, I'd probably enjoy playing someones CWL or caster as well :D (hmm maybe an interesting idea for the game :P))
4. A way for player-player comunication, GM-GM comunication and GM-player communication. (I'd go as far to suggest setting up a forum to run this game from)
5. A GM to player ratio which doesn't cause the GM's to be burned out. (I'd suggest 1 GM to 2-3 players for this)
6. Infrastructure! We need stuff like databases (these can be excel based for all I care), a rule book, excel calculators, a forum (?), a map, proper communications and whatnot to run this (I'll volunteer to make most of the infrastructure since I like working with spreadsheets, sifting data and making forums)

So what do you guys think? Interested?

Also: I'm setting up a poll in a different topic to measure if people are interested.
thetobias
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:30 am

Re: Erfworld Game

Postby Crovius » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:13 pm

thetobias wrote:That is a shame really, I'd love to play or even GM one of these games :)

If we can get enough others I don't see why we can't get a game up and running. We'd have to get some things straight though:

1. A set amount of time per turn. (if everyone finishes his turn the GMs can of course decide to reduce this and with a good reason from a player increase it)
2. A good system for GMs or players bailing out. (reserve GMs, players "autoplaying" for a set number of turns before their side is "vanquished")
3. A direction for the game: Will it be a story telling game which allows people to jump in (start as a barbarian with a small purse and some units, allow them to either claim a capital site and become a side or just goof around and do mercenary work) or a closed game with a fixed number of turns or a fixed goal where no people can join. (I personally prefer the storytelling game, but hey, that's the roleplayer in me :P, I'd probably enjoy playing someones CWL or caster as well :D (hmm maybe an interesting idea for the game :P))
4. A way for player-player comunication, GM-GM comunication and GM-player communication. (I'd go as far to suggest setting up a forum to run this game from)
5. A GM to player ratio which doesn't cause the GM's to be burned out. (I'd suggest 1 GM to 2-3 players for this)
6. Infrastructure! We need stuff like databases (these can be excel based for all I care), a rule book, excel calculators, a forum (?), a map, proper communications and whatnot to run this (I'll volunteer to make most of the infrastructure since I like working with spreadsheets, sifting data and making forums)

So what do you guys think? Interested?

Also: I'm setting up a poll in a different topic to measure if people are interested.

1. Usually giving everyone a couple days to complete their turns helps. With the amount of stuff to track and change as the turns pass, in the end the GM will need almost as much time making the changes to his data as the players need placing their orders.
2. Traditionally, if a GM bails, that kinda kills the game. If a player goes inactive for a week or more their turn is put on autopilot. They keep getting income, continue any standing orders (like a scout told to explore a forest will continue to do so), and upgrading the city when feasible. But no offensive moves (unless an attack order was given ebfore the player's absence), no making new cities, and no popping units (unless popping orders had been planned out a few turns in advance.)
3. I really like the idea that a player can start as a barbarian side with mercenary units. Also possibly have a GM who handles NPC sides and Natural Allies.
4. We mostly communicate with the site messaging system.
5. I agree with the 1 GM per 2-3 players.
6. I'd be willing to help make excel documents tracking the information on each side. Including cities (their names, level, location, etc), characters, unit list, assets, etc.
Crovius
 
Posts: 682
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 11:51 am

Re: Erfworld Game

Postby thetobias » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:23 pm

Woo! Replies! :D
This topic is continued at http://www.erfworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1837 tho :P
thetobias
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:30 am

Previous

Return to Your Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest