157 The Battle for Gobwin Knob, Page 144

Page by page discussion of the comic.

157 The Battle for Gobwin Knob, Page 144

Postby Limiate » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:39 pm

So it looks like Stanley is coming home and it appears that units can pop without an overlord present. I would have guessed that due to the artifact, they popped with Stanley but I guess not.

So does Un-Ansom know who he was? I'd guess not from his response.

Wanda looks insanely evil in the next to last panel and I think Pason is having a little fun at the expense of his fallen opponent.
Limiate

Re: 157 The Battle for Gobwin Knob, Page 144

Postby SteveMB » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:15 pm

The reply could be total disorientation and confusion, or it could be shock and horror arising from knowing (or at least guessing) all too well what the situation is.... :shock:
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby talkamancer » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:56 am

A fantastic last page, Wanda's expression in the last panel is perfect, what a hook.

I'm a little dissapointed that we didn't get to see the tools reaction to what is left at Gobwin Knob I'd have liked to see 5-10 more stips of the aftermath and rebuilding etc. I understand that book 2 will have a bit of narriative distance so we'll not see how the tool rebuilds or how Parson comes to terms with what almost amounts to genecide.

Looking forward to book 2 immensly though. Well done guys for dragging me in so effiecently.
talkamancer

Postby R3u » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm

I think Ansom does remember -- he's just disoriented. If you got croaked by a twoll, and then woke up staring a croakamancer in the face (who happens to have your artifact)...wouldn't you start asking some very unhappy questions?

I also would really love to see Stanley's arrival back at Gobwin Knob, and am extremely curious how that confrontation will go (given the last orders he gave to his casters and warlord).

Really wish I knew what they meant by narrative distance, too... Either way, I'm really looking forward to whatever is left of this book.
R3u

Postby Welf von Ehrwald » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:43 pm

lol
Stanley: "Good work guys for winning and stuff! nice to see you again... hey, why did they disband?"
I love uncroaked Dora. I love an anonymous friend even more.

Only one man has understood me, and even he has not!
Welf von Ehrwald

Postby hidufel » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:39 pm

i am a bit disapointed that stanley took the bad news so well.

also, love how ansoms stripe of strawberrys has turned into a black stripe with skulls on it! :D
hidufel
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Frozen Treats » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:02 pm

Nice comic.

Eeeeeeeeeeevil look on Wanda's face. Perfect.
Frozen Treats

Postby Jolly » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:58 pm

Im getting scared of Wanda!

How will a side with 2 Artifacts cope? Will there be a battle for leadership of the side? All questions racing through my mind :D
Did those Dwagons pop at GK or is that Stanley returning?
Jolly

Postby Joe Falco » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:11 pm

Looks like things are going to be plenty busy for Parson. Since the next story will have narrative distance away from the first, I expect it will open up with Stanley regaining everything he lost before Parson was summoned and then some.
Joe Falco

Postby Janny » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:53 pm

Limiate wrote: it appears that units can pop without an overlord present.

Well, that makes sense, especially since sides can have more than one city, but there can be only one overlord per side...

-Janny
I don't want a fancy .sig.
Janny

Postby Kreistor » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:48 pm

Jolly wrote:How will a side with 2 Artifacts cope? Will there be a battle for leadership of the side? All questions racing through my mind :D

First, they're going to have to convince Sanley not to kill Wanda for the Pliers. He's obsessed with getting them, after all. And if anyone thinks that Wanda has a hope standing up against the Arkenhammer, six dwagons, Sizemore, Parson, and Maggie, with only a couple uncroaked and Ansom by her side, well, there's this swampland in Florida I have sale...
http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/TBFGK_1 Here you can find all comic pages written as text for convenient quoting.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Erfworld_Mechanics The starting page for accessing all known Erfworld "rules".
Kreistor

Postby Mikalyaran » Fri May 01, 2009 1:26 am

First off I'm glad to see an erfworld.com. Awesome if the Giant to host the first book but I like erfworld a lot and its good to see it standing on its own two feet as it were.

I can't wait to find out more about decrypted ansom. Im thinking hes like a death knight. I hope he just retains his skills, and even some of his memories, but gains a whole new set of loyalties and thus loses his old biases.

Great comics guys. I can't wait for more.
Mikalyaran
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Kreistor » Fri May 01, 2009 3:06 am

We know that it takes time to produce some units. http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0048.html Dwagons just probably take more than one turn. It was produced automatically because it was started in GK turns before.
http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/TBFGK_1 Here you can find all comic pages written as text for convenient quoting.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Erfworld_Mechanics The starting page for accessing all known Erfworld "rules".
Kreistor

Postby Fuzzypaws » Fri May 01, 2009 3:38 am

Kreistor wrote:
Jolly wrote:How will a side with 2 Artifacts cope? Will there be a battle for leadership of the side? All questions racing through my mind :D

First, they're going to have to convince Sanley not to kill Wanda for the Pliers. He's obsessed with getting them, after all. And if anyone thinks that Wanda has a hope standing up against the Arkenhammer, six dwagons, Sizemore, Parson, and Maggie, with only a couple uncroaked and Ansom by her side, well, there's this swampland in Florida I have sale...

I think the smart money is on Parson actually being bound to Wanda, not to Stanley. He only had to obey Stanley after Wanda told him he had to, after all.

As for what happens when Wanda and Stanley meet again - we'll just have to see! I personally think she's more of a "power behind the throne" type. While Stanley might be frustrated at her being the one attuned to the artifact, he will still see it as a sign at least that the pliers are attuned to someone on his side and "under his control" (even though she's not). But it could easily go all sorts of ways and it depends on what the writers need for book 2.
This has been a test of the emergency broadcast system. If this were an actual emergency, you would already be dead.
Fuzzypaws

Postby Ansan Gotti » Fri May 01, 2009 3:48 am

I've loved all of the recent strips. I was one of the frustrated ones who really hated the constant reversal of fortune, but the explanation that the gameworld was essentially cheating and an "outside-the-box" solution had to be found was perfect, and the whole thing had been foreshadowed extremely well.
Ansan Gotti
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby TheWombat » Fri May 01, 2009 4:19 pm

An awesome page. Looking forward to the next one. What happens when two arkentools unite?
Proud wanna-be owner of the Arken-chainsaw.
TheWombat

Postby Shadow of the Lotus » Fri May 01, 2009 8:57 pm

What I'm really interested in is if the power of the arkenpliers can be used in mass. We already know that multiple units can be uncroaked at the same time but that they suffer in quality. It seems as if the arknepliers do something above and beyond simple uncroaking, and it didn't seem to take much time or concentration. What's better than a 'decrypt' Ansom? How about the ability to decrypt any number of units instantly.
Shadow of the Lotus

Postby kreszantas » Fri May 01, 2009 9:27 pm

Shadow of the Lotus wrote:What I'm really interested in is if the power of the arkenpliers can be used in mass. We already know that multiple units can be uncroaked at the same time but that they suffer in quality. It seems as if the arknepliers do something above and beyond simple uncroaking, and it didn't seem to take much time or concentration. What's better than a 'decrypt' Ansom? How about the ability to decrypt any number of units instantly.

Totally agree with your question here, if it works the same in theory as the earlier spell, that well could definately be a world altering event on par with the "multi-hex" trap that Sizemore set off. Boy propaganda is already spreading fast, dont mess with GK!
Huh? What was that sound, oh nevermind it was nothing.
kreszantas

Postby kreszantas » Fri May 01, 2009 9:29 pm

Kreistor wrote:We know that it takes time to produce some units. http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0048.html Dwagons just probably take more than one turn. It was produced automatically because it was started in GK turns before.

You know you can link here to the book 1 pages http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F048.jpg alot quicker and less strain on Giant's server also :P
Huh? What was that sound, oh nevermind it was nothing.
kreszantas

Postby konmanrocks » Sat May 02, 2009 2:56 am

so im wondering just how someone goes about rebuilding the city.. probably it will just pop
konmanrocks
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Next

Return to Reactions