The Battle for Gobwin Bump: Book Two

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: The Battle for Gobwin Bump: Book Two

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:46 pm

I see the tide shifts for option 1. While there are active players left that have not yet cast their vote, I'm pretty sure I know which way Crovius would lean, and it's likely that The Black Hand would follow.

So we'll call this a day; it was nice while it lasted, and see y'all in a next game. It's been a pleasure playing with you.

With a bit of liberties taken about some things being said by Warlords that are not Zep, for which I ask forgiveness (which is a big no-no).

====

The remaining Huwwicane spots the Hawk and alerts the rest of the MiniRCC camp around Gobwin Bump. The Huwwicane is eager to croak the bird, but the Graf orders it to refrain from damage.

"We cannot trust the Golmons, but the rules for envoys must not be broken" he says with a stiff upper lip, to the protestations of the other Warlords. With rumours of Gobwin Knob's Warlord feigning surrender and croaking Prince Ansom by this subterfuge fresh on their minds, the Graf's decision seems at best ill considered.

"At least let me send a Minotaur as our envoy to the Golmons, and instruct our remaining ranged units to be on alert for foul play," suggests King Edward.

And so it is done. The encounter is tense, but seems to complete without subterfuge. The Minotaur returns with a piece of parchment, which on the Confessor's suggestion, a Kanite reads.

"I find I do not believe this, and if I did it makes the Golmons yet more treacherous. Still, the Bump seems to have not re-enforced its defenses. We will tell the Golmons that should we notice their presence we will view it with suspicion. That is the message we will send."

"Bring forth our reinforcements to Gobwin Bump. Titans willing, we may yet dine in its halls tonight."
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Twoy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:54 pm

A swirl of Apple Blossoms approaches the gathering of warlords from the mini-Crown Coalition. The blossoms form a hand offering a letter sealed in wax with the impression of a lion's head.

Graf Zepplin snatches the letter from the Apple Blossom with a curious, "Eh wot?" and reads aloud to the assembled warlords.

Spoiler: show
"I know I have not spoken much for the last two turns, but believe me, I was following the battles very closely. It goes against my nature to impose my will on my allies' units, but I felt it was necessary to get my minotaurs and elephant as close to Gobwin Bump as quickly as possible. After we breached the barrier at C5, I wanted my new allies to take a greater part in leading the battles. I hope you will excuse me that I pulled back to the base camp and sent my brother, King Edmund, foward to lead Nawnia's troops while I remained behind. I thought it was best for us all as a team. A High King must do what is best for all, not only what he would prefer."
High King Peter the Great
Twoy

Postby Nihila » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:53 pm

Since we all seem to be writing our end-of-game scripts, I may as well join in.

"To think... I dreamed I was dead... How ridiculous. I dreamed... But, the eye of man hath not heard, the ear of man hath not seen,man's hand is not able to taste, his tongue to conceive,nor his heart to report, what my dream was."
(Source for the quotation: William Shakespeare, A Midsummer's Night Dream)

And one last Thinkagram to all MCC Warlords: "It has been a pleasure working with the countless sides participating in this campaign. I hope the friendship between the sides of the Mini Crown Coalition will last."
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:18 pm

I haven't the time for an in-char post, but I do want to toss one thing out: is anyone interested in co-modding a game like TBfGB with me? I'm interested in tinkering with rules and using a computer to track units, but I don't think I'll have enough time in the future to solo it.
WaterMonkey314

Postby Nihila » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:15 am

WaterMonkey314 wrote:I haven't the time for an in-char post, but I do want to toss one thing out: is anyone interested in co-modding a game like TBfGB with me? I'm interested in tinkering with rules and using a computer to track units, but I don't think I'll have enough time in the future to solo it.
I have been thinking about trying to test Chris Goodwin's rules for a few days, so if you can do things like maps (I have no artistic ability with or without a computer, and no sense of direction), I would be happy to help!
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby LTDave » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:32 pm

I want to say thanks to everyone who participated in "The Battle for Gobwin Bump: Book Two".

I want to apologise for the way the game has ended, very unsatisfactorally.

It has been an interesting four months, and I hope that we see bigger and better games on this forum as a result of the lessons learnt from this game.

Cheers.
LTDave

Previous

Return to Your Games