New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Text Updates 030

Postby LogicsFate » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:17 am

I am so confused, but I'm glad that we are back to the puns. :D
LogicsFate

Postby fjolnir » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:56 am

So now we can let the speculation about what hat magic and dollamancy do, something tells me they make 'Catch-all' types of magic items that don't need a link to be made...
Also something tells me that Ace Hardware is going to end up on the Toolist side, though I don't know what :lol:
fjolnir

Postby Nihila » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:57 am

So, we've learned a new application of Dollamancy, making equipment, and, of course, hardware. Oh, and we've learned that Tchotchkes are made with Dollamancy. And, is it just me, or is Ace a bit insecure? I wonder who the Chief Warlord was before Ansom. The mysterious fourth brother, perhaps?
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby Crisis21 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:04 am

Its too bad for Ace that he doesn't work for Gobwin Knob. He would get along fabulously with Parson and Sizemore.
Crisis21

Postby Spot » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:06 am

I really like this update. Ace is a great character.
Spot

Postby Lord Kasavin » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:11 am

Ace the Hardware guy? Nice.

Also, explains Ossomer's magic bracelet.

Also, notice where Cubbins' hand is in the picture. Hat Magic just got a bit more interesting.
"Act, and God will Act." - Joan of Arc

"Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt." - Thomas Moore
Lord Kasavin

Postby effataigus » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:31 am

This text update felt a lot like the one where Ford makes plans for the ground assault... detailing characters that we've heard about but haven't seen right before they get invovled in a battle... doesn't bode well for them!

"I made him that bracer blaster, with force beam action, that really lights up!" :lol: Awesome. Heard so many of those commercials growing up as a kid. Ossomer seems like he has the mind of a 7 year old too... no wonder he likes Ace's work.

Something tells me that Tramennis might prefer Holly's dolls to Ace's ( ;) ), but he'd at least be open to the potential for added functionality.
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Postby cdrcjsn » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:32 am

Ace wants to show Trammenis how his junk works so he can get a happy ending.

LOL
Visit my webcomic!
http://www.familiar-ground.com
Epic Fantasy Comedy. Familiar Point of View.
cdrcjsn

Postby DevilDan » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:34 am

Wow, dollamancy is really versatile.

And apparently hat magic isn't just about making the hats.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby LogicsFate » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:55 am

A new thought, it sounds like they are about to waste a bunch of juice without being ordered, I hope for them the result is worth it.
LogicsFate

Postby Ansan Gotti » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:57 am

I have a feeling that whatever Ace makes for Tramennis, will be the thing that saves him from capture/death/whatever so he can survive the hopefully imminent collapse of Jetstone and continue on as a character.
Ansan Gotti
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby TheMutant » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:58 am

Uh oh. Unknown factors for this fight are stacking up. We don't know what Charlie's going to do to spoil Parson's plans via Tramennis, and a helpful accessory + the aid of two Casters might be the thing that tips an already messy fight the wrong way.

Also, it's interesting that Cubbins seems uncertain- doesn't, as Maggie and Sizemore demonstrated in the summer updates, Duty compel units to take actions beneficial to their side, even if not specifically ordered?
Join the Erflings fanart gallery on DeviantArt!

Sixty wrote:Obviously the mystery caster has no particular feelings one way or the other about Parson, he simply heard "cue the Benny Hill music" and gave chase, compelled to do so by forces outside his control.
TheMutant
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:59 am

New update! Yay!

1) New update, yay! We can move on and begin discussion anew on the uses of Time Lord Science aka Hat Magic (It's bigger on the inside). If only Cubbins would start summoning Daleks ...

2) New update, but ... more minor characters are introduced. On the one hand, this is cool because it's flavour and helps flesh out the world and all. On the other hand, it doesn't actually move the story further. It promises a cool trick to be shown, so yeah I'm intrigued and such, but that's left as a promise. In the future, we'll see what Ace Hardware can do.

In the future when? That is the question. 7+ months have passed since GK started it's kill strike on Spacerock. The story needs to move on faster, and increasing the number of characters and viewpoints, as well as not using updates for brisk plot development, will hinder that a bit.

EDIT:

PS: hopefully, Charlie's convo with Trem will last <1 comic update, so that on two comic updates from now we see the battle finally play out, and whatever Ace's got along with it.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby slb » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:13 pm

Why do I have the strong feeling that the real fate of Ace is to end up serving a Warlord that would find extraordinary use of his talents ? ;)
slb
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby build6 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:14 pm

Hrm, special hardware for Tramennis? What I'm hoping this means is that Rob has heard us and that Tramennis is gonna get out of this one alive...
build6

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:24 pm

build6 wrote:Hrm, special hardware for Tramennis? What I'm hoping this means is that Rob has heard us and that Tramennis is gonna get out of this one alive...

There are a few characters which will NOT die, nor get decrypted. In my estimation, it is more likely for Parson to get a heart attack, keel over and kick the bucket, than it is for Trem to croak.

And needless to say, Parson will not keel over and push daisies any time soon.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Welf von Ehrwald » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:29 pm

Crisis21 wrote:Its too bad for Ace that he doesn't work for Gobwin Knob. He would get along fabulously with Parson and Sizemore.

I thought the same thing, but I had Stanley in mind. A angry guy who would like to slash his anger out on the world with deadly killing machines sounds like his kind of caster.
I love uncroaked Dora. I love an anonymous friend even more.

Only one man has understood me, and even he has not!
Welf von Ehrwald

Postby fjolnir » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:30 pm

I didn't notice this before but Ace's armor makes him look like one of those 'fully articulated' action figures such as GI Joe or Batman or sommat.
fjolnir

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:34 pm

In fact, how about an installment of

Immortality Watch

in which I, and whoever else cares, can rank characters in the order of their uncroakability.

Here's the top 5 as I see it.

5. Wanda. Initially immortal as a personification of fan service, has taken a dip due to poor fashion sense. A brave revamping of her image ... actually a mere removal of a wig ... is bringing her back into the fans' graces. Expect her to claw her way up the charts again! If croaked, it will be because a new Ms Fanservice has taken her place (there are currently no candidates).

4. Parson. The assumed protagonist of the story. If croaked, it will be because of narrative conventions needed subverting.

3. Jillian. The actual protagonist of the story. If croaked, it will be because of rabid fan dislike. Hey I'm allowed to say that because I rabidly dislike her.

2. Tremennis. The "other" Jetstone brother, not only is he a big fan favourite but more importantly he's really "other". Very different from his brothers, is a genuinely interesting character and therefore allows the story to go in many places. If croaked, it will be for some real shattering tragedy and drama.

1. Charlie. It is not known whether the concept of croak even applies to Charlie; some theories speculate that Charlie is a kind of genius locii, a personification of Erfworld. If croaked, it is because the Game Is Over.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Next

Return to Reactions