Uhm... World of Erfcraft?

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Uhm... World of Erfcraft?

Postby Nihila » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:19 am

Wait, a Forest faction with no scouts? Does anyone else find that funny, or do I have a perverse sense of humor?
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby Siralus » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:55 am

Well, with his first turn, he rush-built his special D unit.

So I think he's aware of the need to look around.
Siralus

Postby Nihila » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:22 pm

Well, he can hardly rush a D-class unit every turn. It's not really that important, though it might allow a very careful invading army to steal a march from him. Risun really has the wrong units for an operation like that, however. *Sigh*
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby Siralus » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:25 pm

Apparently his eventual aim is to have 3 mesmer casters in every city, so he can keep them all permanently obfuscated
Siralus

Postby Crovius » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:40 pm

Won't work too well against my side. With my divination casters and some clever use of my Cliff Raptors I can probably find his cities and cause some softening of his cities.
Crovius

Postby Nihila » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:47 pm

Siralus wrote:Apparently his eventual aim is to have 3 mesmer casters in every city, so he can keep them all permanently obfuscated
*Glances at upkeep costs involved* So, that's a minimum of 85*9 per turn... 765 gpt expenses... In a Heavy Forest, 20*7=140... 140*5 (for capitol) + 140*3*2 (for other cities)=700+820=1520. As long as he doesn't mind the costs involved...

And, as Crovius mentioned, he could divine their location and hit them hard.
Nihila

Postby Crovius » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:50 pm

And they wouldn't see it coming either.

I plan to have a few governors up and managing my current cities until they cna estblish more mountain cities to produce an ever increasing income.
Crovius

Postby Nihila » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:53 pm

Crovius wrote:And they wouldn't see it coming either.

I plan to have a few governors up and managing my current cities until they cna estblish more mountain cities to produce an ever increasing income.
Yeah, that would come as a bit of a surprise--one turn, Empire up and running. Next turn, all cities razed. That would be a pretty sad state for a state to be in.

And, the governors'll level slowly in all your cities except your capitol. But you knew that, of course.
Nihila

Postby Twoy » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:51 pm

I can't believe I missed out on this game. I had to take my wife to Heidelberg for a weekend away. Spent

all my free time (when my wife wa asleep) working on my side.

I will post it just in case another side opens up.

Kingdom of Keebler, Royal.

Basic Units:

1. Halfling: Move 5, Hits 6, Attack 6, Defense 5, Long Ranged, Garrison.
2. Elf: Move 5, Hits 6, Attack 6, Defense 5, Long Ranged.
3. Giant: Move 5, Hits 7+1, Attach 5+1, Defense 5, Heavy, Formations.

Special Units:

a. Faerie Dragon: Move 6, Hits 5, Attack 6, Defense 6, Scout, Slying.
b. Sapper: Move 5, Hits 6, Attack 6, Defense 6, Siege, Long-ranged.
c. Mystic Seer: Move 5, Hits 6, Attack 5, Defense 5, Arcane (Far Sight) Smoke, Rider, Ranged, Acid.
d. Purple Dragon: Move 8, Hits 8+1, Attack 5+3+1, Defense 5, Flying, sonic, Mount, Long-Ranged, Heavy.

Naval Units
1. Destroyer: Move 7, Hits 3, Attack 7, Defense 1, Long Ranged, Vessel
2. Galleon: Move 8, Hits 9, Attack 0, Defense 7, Vessel, Transport.
Twoy

Postby zilfallon » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:55 pm

Well, Stalker's can't use Clairvoyance so often. Arcane units have 20 mana, regenerate 5 per turn, and Clairvoyance costs 10 mana. And since none of his units, including the Stalkers, have scouting, there is no way he can see adjacent hexes in his native terrain, forests, without Clairvoyance or warlords.

And it'll be so hard to keep all cities under veil, since Obfuscate costs 30 mana. He'll have to scout the area (which he can't), and if there are enemies nearby, veil. Still, mesmerism fits that faction. Mysterious forest creatures :)
rkyeun wrote:Roses are red.
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Siralus » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:42 pm

After actually remembering to apply some balance changes to the magical schools, necromancy has acquired the most significant buff - most notably to raise dead, which has essentially doubled in effectiveness - raising two units.

Also, after consideration - all characters had their production time reduced by 2 turns.

To keep up to date on rules, check the google doc once in a while. I think I'll take to highlighting in bold anything that's recently added or modified from what was previously the case.
Siralus

Postby Crovius » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:25 pm

Please email me any drastic changes to the docs. Remember, I can't view them at work.
Crovius

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:40 pm

Oh hai, Siralus, I was wondering, is it possible for a Diwigible to pop somewhere on your map as a random encounter?

A Diwigible is
Spoiler: show
an infamous unit from The Battle of Gobwin Bump, namely for its nigh-unkillability. It had 51 Hits, 21 Attack, 21 Defense and a Move of 4 (Flier). In that system, 51 Hits were quite a lot, and even though its lowish Attack and Defense proved frustrating, it more than did its job of protecting weaker, but snappier, units.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby zilfallon » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:46 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Oh hai, Siralus, I was wondering, is it possible for a Diwigible to pop somewhere on your map as a random encounter?

A Diwigible is
Spoiler: show
an infamous unit from The Battle of Gobwin Bump, namely for its nigh-unkillability. It had 51 Hits, 21 Attack, 21 Defense and a Move of 4 (Flier). In that system, 51 Hits were quite a lot, and even though its lowish Attack and Defense proved frustrating, it more than did its job of protecting weaker, but snappier, units.

Don't worry, Bland. There are far more unkillable, titan-like units roaming Koraz'ji, I can assure you...
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:48 pm

It's a relative thing. For comparison, in TBfGB v1.0, Dwagons had 20 Hits or so. A Diwigible had more than twice that amount.

But hey, if it's not the most unkillable thing roaming around, why not?
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby zilfallon » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:57 pm

And let me tell this for comparison:

Skeletal Dwagon: Move 7, Hits 7, Attack 9, Defence 8. Mount, Flying, Breath Weapon(Sonic)

A stack of these Skeletal Dwagons, can not even hurt that unit I mentioned, they'd just get croaked in one strike.
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:03 pm

Well, that ominous unit, you can PM me the stats if you require them to be private. If its meant as an uber-monster, I would expect nothing less than sheer badass.

The Diwigible (if it is to appear at all; if not, ignore) should be awarded stats in this system so that it's a pretty mean blob of Hits, tougher than most fliers, but not the best ultimate monstrosity from beyond the veil of space and time. It should be that thing that the brave heroes will sail on to do battle with said monstrosity from beyond the veil of space and time.

(EDIT: for more informational purposes, in The Battle For Gobwin Bump, the maximum Move any unit could have was 5. Which makes the Diwigible just fast-ish.)
Last edited by BLANDCorporatio on Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Nihila » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:06 pm

And I would hope that the Diwigible would be tamable, I want one!
Nihila

Postby Dragoonmage » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:32 am

ummm hi im kinda new and i wanted to get in this game if it is possible...
Dragoonmage

Postby Crovius » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:36 am

Dragoonmage wrote:ummm hi im kinda new and i wanted to get in this game if it is possible...

I endorse this guy, he's pretty cool.
Crovius

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games