Comments on "A look into a possible future..."

Words in a line. All fanfic goes here, Erfworld or otherwise.

Comments on "A look into a possible future..."

Postby Geordy » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:52 pm

Ok guys, rant on... :mrgreen:
Geordy

Re: Comments on "A look into a possible future..."

Postby zilfallon » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:16 pm

Some heavy speculation here! What a toolist, you are :) Well, i'm a toolist myself too :D
Attuned of the Erf, unite! Your power, which had been used to forge the world, will be used to reshape it! Rejoice! For this is the age of the attuned, this is the age where Tools will rule and Royalty will fall!

And you speculated my signature to be true. Oh what am I saying? It will be true, this is the ultimate end which awaits Tramennis, Charlie, Jillian, and all others who got in Fate's way!
Kinda enjoyed reading it. You really speculated a lot ^^

Code: Select all
"Tea" was nothing to be known in Erfworld.

Oh but...this is false, sorry. Remember when Jillian was brought before Don King right before she went to Faq to be a Queen? They had tea together. And Jillian hated tea because it was a sign of royalty.
rkyeun wrote:Roses are red.
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby effataigus » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:28 am

Well done, Geordy! A hauntingly dark look at hitting the power button after you finish a game. :)
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Postby Geordy » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:46 pm

Thanks guys, for your opinion. :)

But aargh, what did you say? Im no toolist, no sir! I dont believe in Fate! Im no Season 1 Locke! :mrgreen: Im with the good guys, the royals! But you are right, in one thing we agree - the tools will become united more later than sooner.

But I believe that this wont be a good thing at all. I actually tried to hint at the fact that Parson himself is no Toolist. He doesnt believe that they are from some gods. Only he believes in their power a thing he can see with his own eyes. And as a fulltime gamer that he is he certainly is curious about what happens if you combine these powerful things. Maybe you can create a superweapon? In the end I wanted to show that both is very wrong, Parsons curiosity and Wandas fanaticism. Because now that the thing is done (that the prophecy is fulfilled youd probably say :P ) all sides in Erfworld are going to meet Pandora...

And damn you, zil! Of course you are right. They know tea already. Damnit! Ok, then just pretend my story plays in some fringe-ish alternate universe where everything is the same except for the pure hot water that Don King served Jillian as the one "in" noble beverage there is. Asterix & Obelix anyone? :mrgreen:
Geordy

Postby zilfallon » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:17 pm

Im with the good guys, the royals!

I'm going to borrow Stanley's words here... :)

I'm curious, Geordy... What makes you think we're the "bad guys?" When everyone is out to get you, you must be doing something right. There is no "Good" or "Evil" side! That is a myth, That's a propaganda. Jetstone and sides like them like to put on airs. Nobility. Like they're not ruling by violence and Fear. But I'll tell you what there is, There is "Holy" and "Unholy".
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Geordy » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:26 am

I'm curious, Geordy... What makes you think we're the "bad guys?"

I remember this scene very good. Its right at the beginning of book 1 when Parson made a remark about it because they are using evil units. So GK is an evil side in the games sense - but in my sense, too. How do I know? Well, first of all, I understand that it takes alot of intellectual power to realise when someone is pulling the wool over your eyes. Which is what Stanley is doing in the very quote you utilized:
When everyone is out to get you, you must be doing something right.

Right? Wrong. Read this quote again and this time switch on your brains.
Like they're not ruling by violence and fear.

This one gives it all away. And it tells us what we know for sure about the leadership on both sides. While we know next to nothing about Jetstones style of leadership Stanley himself tells us about GKs. Violence and fear. Pretty evil, dont you think? :mrgreen:

BTW: I have a hard time imagining Slately with a whip. Whereas Wanda with a whip... hmmm... :lol:
Geordy

Postby zilfallon » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:03 am

Well, I don't totally agree with Stanley's words, but I just wanted to use that interesting line somewhere :D
But really, there is no evil in Erfworld. No one cares for their units, and everyone has 1 similliar goal: Conquest. Every side takes prisoners, every side razes cities, every side bribes others, every side fights, and so on. Everyone wants only war, except Hippiemancers, there can't be "good" or "evil" in such a situation. Do you think the royals would sit peacefully if Gobwin Knob didn't invade their cities? No way. GK just waged war before they could, then they organized and so on.
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Return to Fiction, Poetry and Essays