The Battle for... somewhere - Provisional Signups

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: The Battle for... somewhere - Provisional Signups

Postby Crovius » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:05 pm

And if that is the case, I should be able to increase the Agelenidae , Amblypygi(and Commander crabfist), and tarantula attack both by 3, making their numbers 25, 25(45) and 45...

Edit: The Acarina, if I adjust their hits from 2 to 3, would that increase their cost to 10?
Crovius

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:22 pm

In response to Lt_Dave - 500 pts each. (Yes, I'm generous, but I think units're expensive now too).

Perhaps we should make a 3rd thread for the people with me?
WaterMonkey314

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:49 am

Hey guys, one question-

how do we cap Attack? I see Crovius used my original suggestion of Attack<=Hits^(2/3).

That's fine, but if you want our units to do more damage to each other, how about the previous cap I suggested here, which was

"2*Hits or round up(4*Hits^(2/3)), whichever is lower", which results in the following Max Attack vs. Hits table

Spoiler: show
Code: Select all
Hits Attack Cap
1    2
2    4
3    6
4    8
5    10
6    12
7    14
8    16
9    18
10   19
11   20
12   21
13   23
14   24
15   25
16   26
17   27
18   28
19   29
20   30
21   31
22   32
23   33
24   34
25   35
26   36
27   36
28   37
29   38
30   39
31   40
32   41
33   42
34   42
35   43
36   44
37   45
38   46
39   47
40   47
41   48
42   49
43   50
44   50
45   51
46   52
47   53
48   53
49   54
50   55
51   56
52   56
53   57
54   58
55   58
56   59
57   60
58   60
59   61
60   62

(Up until 9HP, a unit can have twice its Hits as attack, but after that the ratio tends to decrease).
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Sihoiba » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:08 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Hey guys, one question-

how do we cap Attack? I see Crovius used my original suggestion of Attack<=Hits^(2/3).

That's fine, but if you want our units to do more damage to each other, how about the previous cap I suggested here, which was

"2*Hits or round up(4*Hits^(2/3)), whichever is lower", which results in the following Max Attack vs. Hits table

(Up until 9HP, a unit can have twice its Hits as attack, but after that the ratio tends to decrease).

I prefer the latter
Sihoiba

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:52 pm

Sihoiba wrote:
BLANDCorporatio wrote:Hey guys, one question-

I prefer the latter

Yeah, let's go with that.
WaterMonkey314

Postby Crovius » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:57 pm

My gusy are fine though, yes? I would like to choose my starting stacks.

Edited with the changes to stats and cost

The Archnida

Amblypygi
Hits 4 Defense 3 Attack 5 Move 3 Specials: Scout Cost: 25
Uses their long front appendages to feel about in areas, while fighting with grabbing arms

Scorpiones
Hits 10 Defense 4 Attack 16 Move 1 Specials: None Cost: 30
With large pincers and a powerful stinger this Siege unit tears at walls.

Acarina
Hits 2 Defense 1 Attack 4 Move 3 Specials: None Cost: 8
These small Arachnids usually swarm their opponent with sheer numbers.

Tarantula
Hits 20 Defense 3 Attack 14 Move 2 Specials: None Cost: 45
The Largest of the Arachnida forces, it's primary role is to carry smaller units around.

Agelenidae
Hits 8 Defense 3 Attack 16 Move 0 Specials: None Cost: 25
Spinning their webs these Arachnida stay within the cities and camps, lieing in wait for enemy forces and pouncing on trespassers.

Commander Crabfist
Hits 4 Defense 3 Attack 5 Move 3 Specials: Scout, Leadership Cost: 45
Proving the best of the Scouts, it was promoted to handle command of the Arachnida forces, primarilly their scouts and swarm troops.

Commander Pinser
Hits 10 Defense 4 Attack 16 Move 1 Specials: Leadership Cost: 60
While larger than other commanders, Pinser proves his tactical prowess utilizing his siege and transports as well as managing defense.
Last edited by Crovius on Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Crovius

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:02 pm

By my estimation, Crovius' troops are all right.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Crovius » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:07 pm

Ok, stacking

Stack of Commander Pinser and 5 Scorpiones
Stack of Commancer Crabfist and 4 Amblypygi
Stack of 1 Tarantula and 7 Acraina (who should be able to all mount the tarantula)
Stack of 2 Agelenidae

Sorry, had the names written down as their more common names on a sheet of paper.
Last edited by Crovius on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crovius

Postby Nihila » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:27 pm

By Mites, you mean Acarina, and by Web Spiders you mean Agelenidae, yes?

Edit: Fixed now, I hope you all have fun!
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby Sihoiba » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:48 am

Here are my intended unit types.

Dothwaki Swave Cost (1*2/2) + 0*(1^(2/3)/2 + 1 + 0 = 2
Hits 1
Move 2
Defence 0
Attack 1

Dothwaki Bwood Wider Cost (6*4/2) + 0*(6^(2/3)/2 + 12 + 12 = 36
Hits 6
Move 4
Defence 0
Attack 12
Special Ranged

Dothwaki Fawcon Cost (1*5/2) + 1*(1^(2/3)/2 + 1 + 10 = 14
Hits 1
Move 5
Defence 1
Attack 1
Special Scout

Dothwaki Wife Cost (5*1/2) + 5*(6^(2/3))/2 +1 +1 = 12
Hits 6
Move 1
Defence 5
Attack 1
Special Ranged

7*Dothwaki Bwood Wider
1*Khaw Dwogo (Commander Version of Bwood Wider)
3*Dothwaki Fawcon
75*Dothwaki Swave
Last edited by Sihoiba on Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sihoiba

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:54 pm

Posting side soon ...

I take it we're allowed 5 units, and that the usual rules of TBfGB apply (Defense average). Except the cost formula and attack caps.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:02 pm

The People's Republic of Lolcat has seen fit to dispatch the following troop kinds

Kitteh
Hits: 1
Attack: 1
Defense: 0
Move: 4
Special: Scout
Cost: 13
Teh spry younglingz iz dying to cut teeth serving Motherland. With keen young eyez and nibmle feet they iz credit to teh Nashun!

LongCat
Hits: 10
Attack: 19
Defense: 5
Move: 3
Special: None
Cost: 46
Breiv soldierz of teh People, they iz been well treined to fulfill their patriotic dutee!

SniperCat
Hits: 5
Attack: 10
Defense: 5
Special: Ranged
Cost: 35
Even when teh enemy iz at the gatez, teh breiv SniperCat iz ready to respond to teh call of Motherland and extinguish all oppozishun, clock-spaidery or otherwaiz.

Cheezburger
Hits: 30
Attack: 1
Defense: 0
Cost: 47
It is dream of every Cat to haz Cheezburger, for it providez comfortable protecshun and nourishment, az well az a shield from enemy forcez. The promise of their very own Cheezburger iz but a drop in teh oshun of patriotic spirit that cauzez Cat to volunteer to be conscripted.

LOLCatiusha
Hits: 10
Attack: 19
Defense: 3
Cost: 60
Mobile artillery piece, alwayz ready to rain down teh righteous fury of teh People!

And the forces will be led by Chairman Rofl Mao, a Commander Version of the SniperCat.

Initial stacks:

Tim Intel
2x Kitteh

Tim Melee
1x Cheezburger, 3x LongCat

Tim Ranged
2x LOLCatiusha, 3x SniperCat, Chairman Rofl Mao

for 491 points (9 remaining).

So as you can see, a somewhat fast, not exhorbitantly tough but serviceable, side. Useful for early maneuvers and territory control, before we can bring Crovius's heavies to the fore.
Last edited by BLANDCorporatio on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:21 pm

I'll be making a separate thread for the actual game shortly; a hex map is also almost done. :D
WaterMonkey314

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:59 am

Warning- I made a mistake in attack capping for the LOLCatiusha and LongCat units. Both should have attack at 19, and 10 Hits. Costs adjusted to reflect this.

Doesn't affect the original troop composition for PRLC.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Nihila » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:41 pm

Twoy's thoughts on Siege, taken mercilessly from the other thread. Please use this thread to discuss siege and any other significant rules, and if enough of you like a set of rules, we might even officialize them.
Type 1: Siege Tower
A Siege Tower has move 1 and Attack 0. Maximum holding capacity is equal to its hits. Only units with 6 Hits or less may use a siege tower. Defending units engaged by units inside of a Siege Tower do not receive a fortification bonus. The cost of a siege tower is according to the normal rules. Required specials for a Siege Tower are Siege (Cost +10) and Container (Cost +2/unit).

Sample Siege Tower:
Move: 1, Hits: 7, Att: 0, Def: 5, Cost: 38, Specials: Siege, Container 7. (Note: Container 7 cost 14 points)

Type 2: Battering Ram
A Battering Ram has move 1 and Attack 0. Units using a Battering Ram must have at least 4 Heavy Units (Greater than 6 Hits) to use a Battering Ram during an attack against a fortification. Defending units inside a fortification engaged by units using a Battering Ram receive a negative to their fortification bonus equal to the Battering Rams Battering Level. The cost of a Battering Ram is according to the normal rules. Required specials for a Battering Ram are Siege (Cost +10) and either Battering 1 (Cost +10) or Battering 2 (Cost +20).

Sample Battering Ram:
Move: 1, Hits: 5, Att: 0, Def: 5, Cost: 37, Specials: Siege, Battering 2.

Additional Rules:
Flying units may not use siege weapons of any kind. Defending units inside a fortification do not receive a fortification bonus to defense when attacked by a flying stack; however, defending units inside a fortification with a tower receive a +.1 leadership bonus when attacked by a flying stack.

So, there's that set of rules. Or, we could give walls hits, let Battering Rams and Siege Towers and Assorted Other Units (e.g. Battle Bears) attack the walls, reducing the hits, and we let your units in at some arbitrary point in time.

Other thoughts?
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby Twoy » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:56 am

Proposed Artillery Rule:
Discussion: Siege Towers and Battering Rams are only useful against fortifications. Trying to cwoak a Dwagon with a Battering Ram does not seem to be very effective. Artillery, on the other hand, should be useful against units and fortifications, but should also be correspondingly more expensive.

Artillery units have a maximum Move of 1 and minimum Hits of 10. Artillery units function as normal ranged units in battle not involving a fortified hex. Defending units inside a fortification engaged by units using Artillery receive a negative to their fortification bonus equal to the Artillery Unit's Artillery Level. Artillery units must have the Ranged special and the Artillery 1 (+10) or Artillery 2 (+20) special.

Sample Artillery:
Abyssal Cannon-Move: 1, Hits: 10, Att: 15-Ranged, Def: 5, Cost: 63, Specials: Ranged, Artillery 2.

I did not give artillery the Siege special, but it might need it. I feel like the sample artillery unit might be a bit overpowered for its cost. Adding an extra 10 points to the cost might balance the unit a bit better.
Twoy

Postby Twoy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:09 am

Sword of Ruthlessness
Leadership +1
Attack +3
Ruthlessness (Only when wielded by Chief Warlord: An allied attacking stack within one hex range of the Chief Warlord does an additional 10 percent damage to the defending stack if the attacking stack is completely destroyed.)
Twoy

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:13 am

Wait wha?

North Wing found an artifact already? Wow. We should get a move on the South Wing.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Nihila » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:22 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Wait wha?

North Wing found an artifact already? Wow. We should get a move on the South Wing.
Sadly, not yet. Twoy's just suggesting some items for the North Wing to find. I've put all the items on my map at my base camp, this is just the first stage of the battle.

His suggestions make my job easier, though. :D
Nihila

Postby Twoy » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:08 am

Proposed mancer rules.

Generic Mancer:
All mancers have the same basic attributes listed below. Mancers may have only 1 mancy special.
Move: 2
Hits: 5
Att: 8 Ranged
Def: 5
Special: Ranged, Mancy (+20)
Cost: 43

Thinkamancer:
If a thinkamancer is stacked with the Chief Warlord, all allied warlords get a +1 leadership bonus.

Foolamancer:
Units in the field (i.e., not in a fortified area) stacked with a Foolamancer get a +1 defense.

Lookamancer:
Scout any 6 hexes on the map 1/turn.

Dirtamancer:
Create a rock golem 1/turn. Leadership bonus for rock golems equal to caster's level. Rock Golem is Move: 2, Hits: 6, Att: 9, Def: 5.

Findamancer:
Find the nearest enemy unit to a designated hex. All enemy units in the hex with the enemy unit are identified as if scouted.

Dollamancer:
Create a cloth golem 1/turn. Leadership bonus for cloth golems equal to caster's level. Cloth Golem is Move: 2, Hits: 6, Att: 9, Def: 5.

Turnamancer:
Kingworld--End enemy's turn 1/game. Must be within 2 hexes of enemy chief warlord or enemy capital.

Dittomancer:
Double Attack, Hits or Move of 1 unit 1/turn. Doubled unit must be in same hex with Dittomancer when spell is cast.

Croakamancer:
Create uncroaked units from croaked units 2/turn. Leadership bonus for uncroaked units equal to caster's level. Uncroaked units are Move: 2, Hits: 5, Att: 8, Def: 4. Croakmancers must have access to croaked units in order to uncroak them. Caster must be in same hex with croaked unit, and unit must have been croaked since after the end of the Croakamancer's last turn.

Shockamancer:
Stun target unit 1/turn. Stunned unit does not contribute attack, defense or special abilities to it's stack. Stun effect occurs before ranged damage. Stunned target may not be targetted for assassination.

Healomancer:
Heal up to 12 Hits of damage to allies in hex 1/turn.

Luckamancer:
Increase allied stack's damage by 10% and reduce enemy stack's damage by 10% 1/turn. Lucky stack must be in same hex with Luckamancer when spell is cast.
Twoy

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games