Summer Updates - 005

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Summer Updates - 005

Postby balder » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:41 am

New one's up. For the record, we thought of that Prince joke sometime last year, and considered giving him his own crest that was like the Prince symbol made out of a radish. Didn't go that route, for story reasons.
balder

Re: Summer Updates - 005

Postby TMZ_Cinoros » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:02 am

:lol: I love the reference to "Born Again" Christians. I love little touches like references to politics and religion. Probably couldn't have been done back on GitPG, due to the rule against talking about anything having to do with such topics. Now that Erfworld is on its own website, I'm glad that the creativity of the comic is no longer constrained by such rules.

Keep up the good work! I hope Erfworld continues to be as witty as ever, if not get even better!
TMZ_Cinoros
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby HandofShadows » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:11 am

The Warlod Formery Know As Prince is a GREAT line. Makes a funny looking abriviation too (TWFKAP) :) . And we see that Stanely is more than a little worried a Parson. But however worried he is, he isn't worried enough.
HandofShadows

Postby KBF » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:21 am

So uh, guys...
"My Mistress favors..."
Decrypted are loyal to Wanda? Does this mean I win?

Nah, I kid. But still... A warlord formerly known as Prince. You win. And I can't wait to hear about Hamster. Don't skip it.
KBF

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:21 am

Tried to create the new wiki page for this one and apparently boned it all up. Someone bail me out, please.
I am a: Chaotic Neutral Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
Str- 12, Dex- 15, Con- 12, Int- 14, Wis- 11, Cha- 13
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby Mikalyaran » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:38 am

HandofShadows wrote: And we see that Stanely is more than a little worried a Parson. But however worried he is, he isn't worried enough.

i didn't see anything about the way Stanley reacted about Parson as indicating worry.

"Good." Stanley glanced up at the tower, then leaned forward in the saddle and said quietly, almost conspiratorially, "I wanna talk about Hamster."

He could be planning a surprise birthday party from all this line gives us. All it really does is tell us the next update will give us something of Stanley's feelings about Parson and, me me at least, cause us to curse the storymancer who created the "cliffhanger" spell. Curse you Balder for being a master of said spell.

KBF wrote:So uh, guys...
"My Mistress favors..."

Yeah dude, holy crap...if people are right and Wanda can rebel against Stanley...well he better hope they are wrong about her inclination to do so. I still maintain that she won't. At least she won't during the summer updates. Something as big as that would be handled in a book not summer updates.
Mikalyaran
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Secret » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:50 am

I haven't said this yet so I just thought I'd put in that I really love this type 'text only' story too. I always like it when a series can cross mediums so well! ^_^
Anyway very funny update!
I must be a bit more then a little sleepy still though as I didn't catch the 'TWFKAP' part the first time I read it. lol
Mikalyaran wrote:Yeah dude, holy crap...if people are right and Wanda can rebel against Stanley...well he better hope they are wrong about her inclination to do so. I still maintain that she won't. At least she won't during the summer updates. Something as big as that would be handled in a book not summer updates.

Well if the updates really take place over 90 turns who knows, a lot can happen over that much time!(TBFGK only took, what 7?!)
"I only exist inside those people aware of my existence." -Lain
Secret

Postby jioan » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:06 am

Nice one.
Hope Stanley doesn't try to attack Parson. If that happened then one of them would get exiled or killed.
jioan

Postby Archaic » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:31 am

Awwww, so my post had nothing to do with it? Drats. ^^;;;; Glad to see it got used in the strip. =D Pity you weren't able to use the raddish, but I'm guessing that's because of needing to use Wanda's skull there.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Hamster. I wonder if the Tool might appoint Ansom as his new Chief Warlord, simply based on character levels and bonuses, ignoring Parson's (still unknown to us effect) "Special".
Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos
Archaic
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Darkside007 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:34 am

In short:

Dun dun DUUUNNNNN
Darkside007

Postby Welf von Ehrwald » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:46 am

I can't imagine what comes next. What could Stanley talk with his former archnemesis? Parson apparently did his job. The only thing I can imagine is, that Stanley wants to make Ansom his new chief warlord and use Parson as advisor. Maybe Stanley would like to adapt the transylvito stile.
I love uncroaked Dora. I love an anonymous friend even more.

Only one man has understood me, and even he has not!
Welf von Ehrwald

Postby meepbobeep » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:53 am

I like the newly uncertain Stanley. Odd that he would want to talk to Ansom so confidentially, so soon after learning the new set-up. I would be a little hesitant about trusting the nature of the "decrypting"...

...but then, Parson is pretty "new", too. He's not been around for that many turns.
meepbobeep

Postby SteveMB » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:07 am

Archaic wrote:It'll be interesting to see what happens with Hamster. I wonder if the Tool might appoint Ansom as his new Chief Warlord, simply based on character levels and bonuses, ignoring Parson's (still unknown to us effect) "Special".

Possible, expecially since Stanley doesn't know the details of how this happened, and therefore doesn't know just how valuable Parson's skills can be once he's learned enough to use them effectively.

Given Ansom's belief that Parson's taunts were the word of the Titans, which he was too "misguided" to accept at the time, I can see him politely but insistently demurring at such an offer, until Stanley gives up in frustration (and probably gets even more worried about the whole weird situation).
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Kreistor » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:32 am

So... with a new, powerful, knowledgable Warlord at his disposal, might Stanley be considering the removal of Parson and supplanting him with Ansom? He's powerfully loyal, committed, and best of all, experienced. Stanley's looking for a report card from the enemy.
http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/TBFGK_1 Here you can find all comic pages written as text for convenient quoting.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Erfworld_Mechanics The starting page for accessing all known Erfworld "rules".
Kreistor

Postby Pentegarn » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:34 am

Now I want to hurry up and see update 6
Was the dopest post I ever wrote... in '94
Pentegarn
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:37 am

KBF wrote:So uh, guys...
"My Mistress favors..."

"Love is a battlefield?" EWWWWW

I don't think "Special" is an effect so much as a description. At any rate, it may make sense to make Ansom into the Chief Warlord. Huge leadership bonus and you can send him into combat to use that bonus on sorties and invasions. Parson can stay home and make strategic decisions. Ansom seemed quite willing to take Parson's orders.

I think Stanley wants Ansom's perspective on Parson because he's the first new, "objective" third party for him to ask. Stanley never liked Parson and left calling him a traitor or an incompetent. Now he's won everything. Maybe Stanley wants to be sure it wasn't a fluke?
I am a: Chaotic Neutral Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
Str- 12, Dex- 15, Con- 12, Int- 14, Wis- 11, Cha- 13
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby Prometheus » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:04 am

I'm still wondering how decrypted Ansom will act toward Jillian. And how he'll feel about her relationship with Vinny. And how they'll react to him.
The first step to being right all of the time is to admit that you're wrong most of the time.
Prometheus

Postby nerf-dweller » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:29 am

From the Update wrote:"Please, Tool," Ansom winced. "It is a small thing, but--"

"Oh rightrightright," said Stanley, holding up his hand. Ansom didn't want to be called that. Insisted he was "merely a warlord formerly known as Prince."

LMBO. Paul and Jamie, you've been saving that one, haven't you?
nerf-dweller

Postby Bobby Archer » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:32 am

Stanley doesn't even get to hate Ansom on an ideological level anymore, since Ansom renounced his royalty. Poor Stanley. :P
Uncroaked for Hire

No, no, Misty is Uncle Ben; Bogroll is Gwen Stacy.
Bobby Archer

Location: Mass Hysteria, Chicago, IL, USA, Earth, Reality, Sanity

Postby atteSmythe » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:18 pm

Any impression I had of update 005 was instantly obliterated by the last line. Now, my only thought is ZOMG MUST SEE 006.
atteSmythe

Next

Return to Reactions