Comments on "We Aren't Saints"

Words in a line. All fanfic goes here, Erfworld or otherwise.

Postby Lefish » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:20 pm

A couple of months ago (eleven, perhaps? Can't remember) I started a story called "We Are Saints". It featured a grand battle between several sides. The project turned out to be mostly confusing and hard to follow. Even I, the writer, had to check my notes every once in a while so I didn't get confused, too. So, the project has been scrapped. And now we have "We Aren't Saints", with an easier-to-follow storyline and easier reading. A fresh start, so to speak.

Yet, the old work won't be lost. The new story has a relationship to the story of "We Are Saints". You just have to wait.

Please post your comments here.
Bored? Do you want more... ERF?! Check my fanfic story We Aren't Saints. C'mon, do it! You know you want to.

I read my readers!
A Tale of Destruction by zilfallon
Lefish

Re: Comments on "We Aren't Saints"

Postby Welf von Ehrwald » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:50 pm

The story starts quite epic. In a very good way. I can't wait to read more.
I love uncroaked Dora. I love an anonymous friend even more.

Only one man has understood me, and even he has not!
Welf von Ehrwald

Postby Lefish » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:12 pm

Well, thank you for your very nice comment. You made my day. And that's the reason why I'll keep writing.
Bored? Do you want more... ERF?! Check my fanfic story We Aren't Saints. C'mon, do it! You know you want to.

I read my readers!
Lefish

Postby Atomic » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:13 pm

I, too, have been enjoying your story... I find myself checking this section every day, just in hopes of spotting a new chapter!! Keep up the great work! :)
Rob Balder wrote:We have one rule in these forums: don't be a dick.
Atomic

Postby Lefish » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:41 pm

Thanks, Atomic. So I don't disappoint you, I'll post the new chapter right away! And this one is loooooooong... so long, I thought of splitting it into to separate chapters. But, hey! What the hell.

P.S. I have changed the name of Court's units, the ravens and gigaravens, to wavens and gigawavens. So they sound cute. Lol.

P.S.S. I love your avatar, Atomic.

I read my readers!
Lefish

Postby zilfallon » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:23 am

well written! Also, "Princess Frida!" was a good "last panel", :D
rkyeun wrote:Roses are red.
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Lefish » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:13 pm

Thanks! By the way, while I was writing Chapter X I realized I made a mistake in Chapter II where I wrote Prince Hamlet instead of Prince Thelma, because I had forgotten how was he called in my previous fanfic... :S

Spoiler: show
Oh, and yeah. Prince Thelma appears on Chapter X.

Spoiler-ed.

I read my readers!
Lefish

Postby zilfallon » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:45 pm

I enjoyed reading that discussion about Love, and i laughed good when Johan asked "who were you girls talking about" :D
And a really good update, gave the readers much information about personalities.
And how ironic, that a Foolamancer is victim of a Natural Foolamancy, love, an illusion.

But i think johan is wrong. Love exists in Erfworld, not as an illusion, a form of natural foolamancy, but as a natural dateamancy. I wonder if our shy foolamancer would be able to show him the difference.
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby zilfallon » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:40 pm

"Prince, is that... is that my story?"

"Your story?"

"The story. You were Prince Joe. You saved me."

"Ah, that part. Yes."

"Sir... why is it a love story?"

Johan opened his mouth but said nothing. Yeah, why was it a love story?

Another very interesting dialogue :D It seems that Johan already knows about date-a-mancy, but refuses to acknowledge it and labels it as foolamancy instead.
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Lefish » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:27 pm

zilfallon wrote:Another very interesting dialogue :D It seems that Johan already knows about date-a-mancy, but refuses to acknowledge it and labels it as foolamancy instead.

Indeed! As Johan's story unfolds (which will happen soon-ish) you'll find out his true thoughts regarding what I think is one of the most polemic issues in Erfworld: love. Well, deeper than what has already been explained, anyway.

I read my readers!
Lefish

Postby Paŭlo » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:43 am

Looks like Johan got some names mixed up in the love story. First Robbie is the traitor, later he is killed and then he is chief warlord?

But otherwise, nice story.
Paŭlo

Postby Lefish » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:34 am

Typo. Fixing it right... in a few minutes. I TOTALLY forgot about that one. I had corrected it in my word document, but I forgot to correct it here. Thanks, btw! Gonna post a new chapter in a few minutes, too.

I read my readers!
Lefish

Postby zilfallon » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:45 am

King Steve immediately sent a thinkagram to the King when he realized Court had broken their alliance. On Johan's council, though, the King Steve shamelessly lied to Steve and told them that they were doing for security reasons. King Steve agreed because of the Mezon betrayal, but Johan knew he would be suspicious. They had to move their column without Steve realizing what they would do.

How many Steve's are there? :P
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Lefish » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:48 am

Damn, I really need to watch for typos!

Man!

I read my readers!
Lefish

Postby Nihila » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:48 pm

Well, Johan and the King have some issues to work out. Starting with: respect, sarcasm, etc.

Love this fic. It's very entertaining, politics-wise. Though, I don't know, that could just be because I love convoluted politicking.
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby zilfallon » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:04 pm

O.o, scary predictamancy. For a while i thought Johan should just have told his father to stop massing princes, but he wouldn't listen anyway.

Edit: (for the new update) it seems people are scared of the Djinn . Just hearing his name paralyzed someone :)
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Nihila » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:51 pm

zilfallon wrote:Edit: (for the new update) it seems people are scared of the Djinn . Just hearing his name paralyzed someone
Natural Shockamancy? The ability to stun people with the sheer force of reputation? I have now discovered a new power that Johan has. :D
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby Ninjaguineapig » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:16 pm

Did Judge croak himself in that nuke?
Ninjaguineapig

Postby Lefish » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:21 pm

Well... it WAS a nuke after all...

Yay, one more chapter and Act I ends!

I read my readers!
Lefish

Postby Nihila » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:12 pm

Whoa! Will the city be there to be captured!? I mean, a Shockamantic nuke... Well, I can't wait to see the fallout!
Nihila

Next

Return to Fiction, Poetry and Essays