Re: Book 2 – Page 45

Postby robak » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:51 am

Oh no.
No, we couldn't be that lucky
:twisted:
robak

Postby name lips » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:51 am

Didn't expect the tunneling. Thought he was just bringing Sizemore along for firepower in Jetstone. :)
name lips

Postby Dr Quest DFA » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:54 am

Parson is right, Erf World totally needs Youtube. Think of all the humorous comments attached to the video of Ansom's death or Parson's attempt to move out of a hex ("stupid n00b garrison unit").
Dr Quest DFA
Tool + YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Welf von Ehrwald » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:56 am

"I have. This Place needs YouTube" :D

So, Parson solves the problem of the MK guards with a tunnel. Clever. So Sizemore makes an tunnel starting before the GK gate, Parson runs underground and shows up before the Spacerock gate before the MK guards can fry him.
I love uncroaked Dora. I love an anonymous friend even more.

Only one man has understood me, and even he has not!
Welf von Ehrwald

Postby Urf » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:57 am

I did. I was right.

I assumed they'd use Sizemore to move the Portal's anchored position, but a tunnel works.

And the close proximity of the flyers to the archers and casters at the garrison makes the "fall" slightly less of a risk, and better units to crush, croak and decrypt. Lucky indeed. Screening waves allows Wanda to be the last to fall.

I WAS RIGHT.
Last edited by Urf on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Urf

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:58 am

So we know it's the MK wormhole being used, and the tunnel is a nice touch- here's how Parson can cross the MK, unnoticed, while wearing enough to equip Monaco's army.

What I don't get is why he's swearing at the cape or whatever in the panel before last- what's going on there?

Dr Quest DFA wrote:Parson is right, Erf World totally needs Youtube. Think of all the humorous comments attached to the video of Ansom's death or Parson's attempt to move out of a hex ("stupid n00b garrison unit").

In my experience and opinion, most youtube comments are attempts at publicity by Bieber or whatever his name is. You've seen them too. They go like "{nr. of dislikes} r Bieber fan". Sic.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby badninja » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:00 am

OK I did not want to believe that Parson was planning on short cutting through MK but that seems to be his plan. I do not know what to think of how this comic went yet because it hinges off things that we do not know like how Parson is going to actually get in the MK, I thought that they had the portal guarded and I do not think that the guards would be that dumb about the tunnel. This whole plan seems to hinge off some unknown factor that happened between book 1 and 2 that was not even eluded to yet.
I came, I saw, I had fun!
badninja
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Urf » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:01 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:What I don't get is why he's swearing at the cape or whatever in the panel before last- what's going on there?

Parson is trying to get up on the table and sit, but the cape under his legs inhibits that. So he has to scooch funny to sit with the cape underneath.
Urf

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:04 am

Urf wrote:
BLANDCorporatio wrote:What I don't get is why he's swearing at the cape or whatever in the panel before last- what's going on there?

Parson is trying to get up on the table and sit, but the cape under his legs inhibits that. So he has to scooch funny to sit with the cape underneath.

And that's it? I got that, but that just seems a bit insufficient. He was going to say Erf- and then? Ohwell, next time.

PS: apparently Parson is rediscovering Edna Mode's advice. Will he now do the right thing and ditch the cape? The Watchmen would also thusly advise.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:11 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:And that's it? I got that, but that just seems a bit insufficient. He was going to say Erf- and then? Ohwell, next time.

I think 'Erf' in this case is just a variation of 'Oof', rather the beginning of a statement. Maybe 'Urf' would have made it clearer?
MarbitChow

Postby Muzzafar » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:18 am

Urf wrote:Parson is trying to get up on the table and sit, but the cape under his legs inhibits that. So he has to scooch funny to sit with the cape underneath.

At first I thought that he was having a heart attack or something like that - he is shaking so badly.
Muzzafar
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:20 am

MarbitChow wrote:I think 'Erf' in this case is just a variation of 'Oof', rather the beginning of a statement. Maybe 'Urf' would have made it clearer?

I see what you did there :lol:

Muzzafar wrote:
Urf wrote:Parson is trying to get up on the table and sit, but the cape under his legs inhibits that. So he has to scooch funny to sit with the cape underneath.

At first I thought that he was having a heart attack or something like that - he is shaking so badly.

My first thought was that the chatbook or whatever was notifying him of a received message or such, a-la cell-phone.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby The Shadow » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:22 am

What's the deal with Sizemore's Nehru jacket? The only things that come to mind pop-culture-wise are Dr. No and Dr. Evil (especially with the way he arches his brow in panel 9), but neither seems like a good fit.

And, "Oh, no. No, we couldn't be that lucky." Truly scary words!
The Shadow
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Spanners » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:43 am

It occurs to me that Trem knows Parson can use the Portals, but Parson doesn't know that he knows. This worries me slightly.

Although I'm sure Parson isn't relying too heavily on the element of suprise, given the number of caster who knew he could enter the MK...
Spanners
Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby BarGamer » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:53 am

Looks like Parson's Luckamancy Charms haven't run out, quite yet... ;)

Also, link to the Youtube video Parson's talking about?
I am the Barbarian Gamer. I can roam. I can explore. I am free to make purchases or returns or forum posts of whatever I please. I'm here for the same reasons you are. One, this interests me. And two? I love Erfworld. May the Titans help me.
BarGamer
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:55 am

This is getting good. I can't wait to see what happens :D

Also, Sizemore seems... less than enthralled. xD
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby BarGamer » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:17 am

Wait... No... Parson COULDN'T be thinking of doing an "Ender's Game Instant Win Condition," could he?!
I am the Barbarian Gamer. I can roam. I can explore. I am free to make purchases or returns or forum posts of whatever I please. I'm here for the same reasons you are. One, this interests me. And two? I love Erfworld. May the Titans help me.
BarGamer

Postby BCCroaker » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:18 am

The Shadow wrote:What's the deal with Sizemore's Nehru jacket? The only things that come to mind pop-culture-wise are Dr. No and Dr. Evil (especially with the way he arches his brow in panel 9), but neither seems like a good fit.

And, "Oh, no. No, we couldn't be that lucky." Truly scary words!

Or Nehru? Non violent neutral as far as he could be as a head of state?
BCCroaker
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby SteveMB » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:27 am

Hmmm... this might work to let Parson get past the guards, but it'll aggravate the political implications of violating the MK's neutrality (by demonstrating that they can't prevent Portal Park from being used as a vector for raids by enemy casters).
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB

Next

Return to Reactions