Book 2 – Page 47

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 47

Postby Radagast » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:42 am

joosy wrote:
Radagast wrote:If they are going to violate parley anyway, why not some more foolamancy and then a yellow-dragon dive bomber vs. the tower - with the King and the Prince standing right there in plain sight?

Because they cannot attack the tower. The zone between the airspace and the tower would stop all attacks and any acidic battle crap would slide and fall onto the ground below. The only reason the battle crap can hit the garrison is because it is FALLING. Their is no falling exploit between the Airspace and Tower (at least non mentioned) only between the Airspace and the Garrison.

There IS a danger, and they CAN attack the tower using the same mechanic. If there was no danger, Jetstone would not have ordered the yellows away. Trammenis outright states that the Yellows could hit them on the tower.

I'm not saying it's as good as Parson's plan, but it seems a lot simpler and less risky. Depending on how much juice Jack had left.
Radagast

Postby joosy » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:38 pm

Radagast wrote:
joosy wrote:
Radagast wrote:If they are going to violate parley anyway, why not some more foolamancy and then a yellow-dragon dive bomber vs. the tower - with the King and the Prince standing right there in plain sight?

Because they cannot attack the tower. The zone between the airspace and the tower would stop all attacks and any acidic battle crap would slide and fall onto the ground below. The only reason the battle crap can hit the garrison is because it is FALLING. Their is no falling exploit between the Airspace and Tower (at least non mentioned) only between the Airspace and the Garrison.

There IS a danger, and they CAN attack the tower using the same mechanic. If there was no danger, Jetstone would not have ordered the yellows away. Trammenis outright states that the Yellows could hit them on the tower.

I'm not saying it's as good as Parson's plan, but it seems a lot simpler and less risky. Depending on how much juice Jack had left.

Assuming that they can attack from airspace to tower using battlecrap (which I still maintain they cannot - Trammenis was just being overly cautious) they would not be able to select targets and could not guarantee taking out Slately. It would also probably mean an immediate reprisal from the tower defenses, the archers (aided by the Dittomancer) and the Healomancer keeping units alive, resulting in the end of GK's units including Wanda and Jack.

Edit: Yes, the yellows can probably bomb the tower from above but with no guarantee they would hit Slately and would most likely result in immediate retaliation via the Tower defenses and possibly the archers.
Last edited by joosy on Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joosy

Postby danielkaplan123 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:24 pm

zebarmy wrote:
MonteCristo wrote:Mayhaps, though Parson's plan does not rely on it since he told Sizemore that he could stay behind

Granted, but it wouldn't be the first time Sizemore's done something he didn't want to, out of necessity :)

:ugeek: ...Except that's not what Parson said. Parson said Sizemore didn't have to come with Parson through the portal. He didn't say that Sizemore didn't have to go through the portal at all or by himself.

Kind of like a parent who promises their self conscious teenager "you don't have to come with me into the school's dance. As a chaperon I'll enter separately, and lay low." etc.
danielkaplan123

Postby Dr Pepper » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:21 pm

danielkaplan123 wrote:
zebarmy wrote:
MonteCristo wrote:Mayhaps, though Parson's plan does not rely on it since he told Sizemore that he could stay behind

Granted, but it wouldn't be the first time Sizemore's done something he didn't want to, out of necessity :)

:ugeek: ...Except that's not what Parson said. Parson said Sizemore didn't have to come with Parson through the portal. He didn't say that Sizemore didn't have to go through the portal at all or by himself.

Kind of like a parent who promises their self conscious teenager "you don't have to come with me into the school's dance. As a chaperon I'll enter separately, and lay low." etc.

Except, said teenager knows that you're going to end up doing the funky chicken with the head lunch lady.
Read, like there won't be a movie
Game, like the die rolls don't matter
Filk, like everyone is tone deaf anyway

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .4
Dr Pepper

Previous

Return to Reactions