Comments for ERFFIC - A Handful Of Units

Words in a line. All fanfic goes here, Erfworld or otherwise.

Re: Comments for ERFFIC - A Handful Of Units

Postby OneHugeTuck » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:24 pm

Yucca wrote:
OneHugeTuck wrote:The toughest part is keeping out the monty haul, everything comes easily element out of the story. Still, it's more abou getting it out of my head....

Are you of the impression that you haven't gone "full monty" in the story? You've given the side 6 casters (Jetstone only has 4), a massive pile of money, a host of warlords, and four completely unassailable cities. Korse is basically playing with the Efr equivalent of cheat codes.

Maybe you're going to work some back into the story, but you should try to do it soon. Again, not trying to be a jerk here, but you did ask for comments.

Oh, I'm clear it's monty haul, just trying to put some limit on. But yeah, I've written a lot more out, but run out of steam because it's all too easy and therefore boring once the creativity part gets out of my head

I did ask for comments. Happy for feedback good or bad.
OneHugeTuck
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Ninjaguineapig » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:26 am

Taking the ransom and croaking the prince anyway? That's rough. I don't think Ronjermy wants to be friends with his neighbor.
Ninjaguineapig

Postby Sinrus » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:35 am

And if the prince is croaked, who the hell is the one in Inner Korse doing the siren (or somebody)?
Sinrus

Postby Sinrus » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:45 pm

So wait, Donteder and Thispian are from Atlan, and Promisa is from Evony?
Sinrus

Postby OneHugeTuck » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:36 pm

Yes.
OneHugeTuck
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Sinrus » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:50 pm

Yay, new update! Only one thing: chainmail bikinis? It's hot, but I don't think it would be very protective.
Sinrus

Postby OneHugeTuck » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:24 pm

Sinrus wrote:Yay, new update! Only one thing: chainmail bikinis? It's hot, but I don't think it would be very protective.

Just protects the important parts. :)
OneHugeTuck
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Trilby » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:48 pm

The people who have followed this saga since Ronjermy's Side fell to Poz ask for more updates! Do not abandon this! Please!
I am Trilby the Haberdasher, Master-Class Hattamancer,
Trilby

Postby Sinrus » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:39 pm

YOU'RE BACK! /hug
Sinrus

Postby OneHugeTuck » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:14 pm

Yeah, been busy with real world work/writing.

Plus I wrote myself into a corner, and the time off has given me the necessary break to not think about it and then find a way out.

Looks like there's a lot more fanfic going on....:)
OneHugeTuck
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Paŭlo » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:26 pm

"I need a massage" - when the turn just started? Don't you do such things in the night?
Paŭlo

Postby OneHugeTuck » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:02 pm

Paŭlo wrote:"I need a massage" - when the turn just started? Don't you do such things in the night?

There's never a bad time for a massage.
OneHugeTuck
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Justyn » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:10 pm

OneHugeTuck wrote:
Paŭlo wrote:"I need a massage" - when the turn just started? Don't you do such things in the night?

There's never a bad time for a massage.

Quite rightly, there is never a bad time for a massage. 8-)
If I am acting as a mod, you will know it.
Justyn
Tool + YOTD + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby OneHugeTuck » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:21 pm

ESPECIALLY when you're the KING.

(Overlord, technically, but you know what I mean!)
OneHugeTuck
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby ragingrage » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:39 pm

YAY!! :D :D :D :D
And they are interesting...Ronjermy cementing his base here, then moving onwards? Sounds fun.
ragingrage

Postby IronDino » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:27 am

OneHugeTuck wrote:
Sinrus wrote:Yay, new update! Only one thing: chainmail bikinis? It's hot, but I don't think it would be very protective.

Just protects the important parts. :)

If I may also redirect to here. And in addition, I have some personal reasoning why less armor is better especially for a unit type such as a Siwen. First, they're an aquatic unit, and couldn't handle the weight of full armor while swimming. Opposed to the Marmen who seem to be more of melee units and could possibly handle the heavy weight of armor while swimming, Siwens are ranged units and rely more on firing a sonic breath attack, remanuvering out of harms way quickly, something armour would cause problems with that tactic. Of course a chainmain tube top would be better, but hey, this is Erfworld.

Anyway, that's that, I had a question in regards to the set up hex set up of basically everything in this surrounding area. Especially that double city. Is there any way you can describe it hex by hex because I'm personally getting lost in regards to the structure of things. (I realize that you've incorporated altitude, but most everything else is throwing me off.
IronDino

Postby OneHugeTuck » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:06 am

So you're standing on basically a plains, looking towards a relatively steep mountainside. You're standing on the banks of a large river, that, if you follow it towards the mountain, flows from a large lake, a lake that is filled by a waterfall from WAY up the mountain. It leaves the mountain from a cloud of mist, that hides the tunnel/cave entrance to the Inner Sea cavern.

The inner sea cavern is a hex, the boundary of which is the mountain exit, or somewhere in the tunnel.

The lake is in a hex. In the lake hex, in the lake itself on what was an island (but now it looks like the tower city comes up out of the water) is a city. HIGH above the lake on the mountain side to the left of and at the same height/altitude of the tunnel/waterfall mouth, is another city. Both cities in the same hex, but the one on the mountain only accessibly by flying and mountain capable units.

Does that make a clearer picture?
OneHugeTuck
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby youngstormlord » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:48 am

You did awesome work there! I like your stile of writing, but... Ronjermy seems overpowered. You started from position of full monty and made quite an interesting story. Compared to mine http://www.erfworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1923, it is almost exact opposite. And I like that :). Keep up the good work 'cause I can't wait to read the next chapter. *thumbs up*
Don't click on this link, you might feel cheated if you do.
Hint:
Spoiler: show
It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Update: Gone after fall of megaupload. Update2: Uploaded again on another hosting. Give it a go.
youngstormlord

Postby IronDino » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:30 pm

On the Hex Layout of Erffic

OneHugeTuck wrote:So you're standing on basically a plains, looking towards a relatively steep mountainside. You're standing on the banks of a large river, that, if you follow it towards the mountain, flows from a large lake, a lake that is filled by a waterfall from WAY up the mountain. It leaves the mountain from a cloud of mist, that hides the tunnel/cave entrance to the Inner Sea cavern. The inner sea cavern is a hex, the boundary of which is the mountain exit, or somewhere in the tunnel. The lake is in a hex. In the lake hex, in the lake itself on what was an island (but now it looks like the tower city comes up out of the water) is a city. HIGH above the lake on the mountain side to the left of and at the same height/altitude of the tunnel/waterfall mouth, is another city. Both cities in the same hex, but the one on the mountain only accessibly by flying and mountain capable units. Does that make a clearer picture?

I think the issue is our definitons of a hex. Looking at DorianMode's design as well as what I can garner from the various images seen the the Eyeboard and other in game maps a city spans multiple hexes unless remarkably small (like an outpost or such).

Altitude is also factoring as an issue. There being 5 height levels. (-1) Underground, (0) Ground-level and Hills, (1) Mountains, (2) High Mountains (3) Impassable Mountains. By a steep mountainside I assume it's jumping from a Plains hex to a Mountain hex then High Mountains hex. Now when you say they a city above a city, I'm think the same hex; Lake City altitude 0, Waterfall City altitude 2. On either side of Lake City you have a Mountain hex (the mountain base) and on either side of the Waterfall city, High Mountains.

Still a little confused, mostly due to definitions of a hex. (Size wise). But there are 3/4 cities so far correct? Atlantis (on the lake just inside the waterfall border), Well Hung, (above the lake just inside the waterfall border), Sodomy is somewhere, and the Capital Inner Korse is further inside the cavern sea?
IronDino

Postby OneHugeTuck » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:26 pm

Do you mean this map? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/ ... ughD-1.jpg

Not sure how that relates hexwise. Do you mean that each hex on that map is a hex, and thus cities are multi hex?

That couldn't be, since no unit could move from one side of the city to another if it wasn't their turn. Or at least, I'd think that'd a bad idea for a city.

Though I haven't looked lately at the other references you mentioned. So maybe.

Outer Korse has two cities, one by the waterfall tunnel, one in the lake below.

Inner Korse had 4 cities, 3 after this last attack. (Maybe 1 more little one.) Inner Korse is a vast sea filled cavern. Kastle Korse is a big capital city at the far side of the sea, with 2-3 little Level 1-2 fishing villages (forgive my memory, it's been a while). The tunnel out is long. Thick mountain wall. Half full of water, half flyable air space.

As far as that altitude scenario, I'd say the inner sea cavern , while technically underground is at mountain or high mountain level. As well as the waterfall tunnel height city. Depends on if you're talking altitude or steepness. Waterfall is straight down, so I'm fine with mountain altitude but vertical drop steepeness. Varies along the mountain chain.
OneHugeTuck
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

PreviousNext

Return to Fiction, Poetry and Essays