Bogroll

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Bogroll

Postby gcb001 » Mon May 04, 2009 3:50 pm

It was during RCC's turn that bogroll was killed because it was ansome who was attacking GK. And Bogroll was killed after killing ansom who was "accepting" parsons surrender :lol: So his body should still be there. Also i think for a storyline aspect bogroll might not be ressurected but another twoll might be popped for parson to use as a henchman and he will be alot different from bogroll. It would let them use that twoll as a thought starter for parson (reminisce and also get reality checks or something about his situation). Just a theory.
gcb001

Postby WarGamerLite » Mon May 04, 2009 6:56 pm

I hesitate to bring this up, being relatively new to ErfWorld. Does anyone remember the Troll special ability Regneration? Is it possible that while Bogroll was technically croaked that he may return on his own, having Regenerated?
WarGamerLite

Postby RebelWulf » Mon May 04, 2009 7:29 pm

Not sure if Erfworld is anything like other games, but Fire is one of the only things that can stop trolls from Regenerating.

Wonder if Twolls are the same?
"I Booped her right in the Booping Parking lot!"
"... You gotta be Booping kidding me? BOOP YEAH!"
RebelWulf

Postby The Dark Fiddler » Mon May 04, 2009 7:40 pm

If so, that's probably why he seemed to be burnt after being croaked.

If not, it's probably just a shout out.
Oh how I wish I could be a tool.

Alas, I mere middle schooler am I, and the resources I lack to pay the fee.

Boop the economy, by the way.

A tool in spirit, I suppose.
The Dark Fiddler

Postby ObadiahtheSlim » Tue May 05, 2009 11:42 am

I doubt she can uncroak him. Bodies disappear at the beginning of the its side's turn unless moved. They took no actions to preserve the corpse before the city was destroyed therefore dead bodies are the ones of the royal crown coalition whose turn is next.
ObadiahtheSlim

Postby Darkside007 » Tue May 05, 2009 2:06 pm

It's not "The start of that side's next turn" but the *next* turn. http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F077a.jpg

There may be a passive Croakamancy effect that preserves bodies that may be used as Croakamancy elements, or a rule to that effect.
Darkside007

Postby Zolon » Tue May 05, 2009 9:36 pm

People got attached to the big lug, which was why his sacrifice was so additive to the plot. It actually meant something. To take that away now, I agree, would cheapen the plot.

Plus, Parson has a new henchman anyway.
Zolon

Postby SteveMB » Tue May 05, 2009 9:41 pm

Darkside007 wrote:It's not "The start of that side's next turn" but the *next* turn. http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F077a.jpg

If it's the next turn (of whatever side), that raises the question of why the bodies were there after Plaid's turn had started (when the new dwagon popped) before Wanda decrypted or even moved Ansom. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the volcano upheavals count as "moving" the bodies.
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby EdgarVerona » Wed May 06, 2009 12:10 am

Indeed, I don't anticipate Bogroll coming back personally. Though if he did, perhaps for some sort of brief cameo... it could be entertaining if done right.
EdgarVerona

Postby raphfrk » Wed May 06, 2009 5:15 am

Darkside007 wrote:It's not "The start of that side's next turn" but the *next* turn. http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F077a.jpg

It could be interpreted both ways. I would say "the next turn" means the side's next turn.
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Darkside007 » Wed May 06, 2009 4:46 pm

Then it would be "our next" and not "the next". I have never heard one mean the other.
Darkside007

Postby dirocyn » Wed May 06, 2009 10:38 pm

Konmanrocks wrote: bogroll did pop, just not in the time of the pages of the comic that we have seen. where else would he come from if he didnt pop?

He came from Partiallyclips. http://www.partiallyclips.com/index.php?id=1009
dirocyn

Postby Mal » Wed May 06, 2009 11:07 pm

EdgarVerona wrote:Indeed, I don't anticipate Bogroll coming back personally. Though if he did, perhaps for some sort of brief cameo... it could be entertaining if done right.

Suddenly, i'm seeing something like the end of Return of the Jedi, with the ghost guys, lol
Mal, Professional Patsy! You can blame it alllll on me :D
Mal

Postby Goz » Thu May 07, 2009 2:29 pm

I loved Bogroll as well, but please don't resurect him. Knowing the meaning of his name....You should't re-use toilet paper. :shock:
I love myself, but it's unrequited.
Goz

Postby Mikalyaran » Thu May 07, 2009 10:27 pm

Looks like we've got our answer on Bogroll guys. No decrypting for him. A moment of silence for Bogroll please...
Mikalyaran
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby privatepepper » Mon May 11, 2009 3:16 pm

I consider this thread a call for Bogroll fan-fiction!

The adventures of Bogroll and the other Garrison henchmen, before Hamster!
There's not much to be said. Follow me, and I will teach you the paths of love, of hate, of fire, of death, of life, of ice. Follow me, and I will lead you through years of victory and ruin.
privatepepper

Postby Zerohour » Tue May 12, 2009 7:08 am

SteveMB wrote:

If it's the next turn (of whatever side), that raises the question of why the bodies were there after Plaid's turn had started (when the new dwagon popped) before Wanda decrypted or even moved Ansom. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the volcano upheavals count as "moving" the bodies.

My guess it would be the start of the next turn for whoever's turn it was when he was croaked. If he had died during the Plaid's Turn, he would vanish at the start of their next turn. Since he was croaked during Jetstone's turn, his body stayed around until Jetstone's next turn started.
Zerohour

Postby Lawence of Awabia » Tue May 12, 2009 11:27 am

As Sizemore said, the thing that made Bogroll special was that he had a good heart, which was a rare thing in a Twoll.

I really doubt that, if his corpse was re-animated into a mockery of life, with his memories intact but his outlook subtly changed and darkened (like Ansom), that he would still have that good heart. Bringing him back would have destroyed that innocence and eagerness-to-please that made him him.

A De-Crypted Bogroll would not have been a happy ending, it would have been tragic.

A bogroll who regenerated on his own, despite having his body burned, due to some funky loophole I can't think of right now, that would be awesome.

A new one-eyed Twoll, popped fresh and assigned to Parson as lackey; a blank slate with no memories and little personality, but some essential bogrolliness, for Parson to teach, nurture and grow into what Bogroll could have been...eh. I'd take it.
Lawence of Awabia

Postby Bob_the_tool » Fri May 22, 2009 11:19 am

I think they already coved that he can't be decrypted... I do however believe that we will, in the next book find a whole bunch of new allies for Parson, hopefully one with the ability to revive him (white magic-type stuff) and not just make him extremely undead.
I love erfworld!
Bob_the_tool

Postby SteveMB » Fri May 22, 2009 11:25 am

Bob_the_tool wrote:I think they already coved that he can't be decrypted... I do however believe that we will, in the next book find a whole bunch of new allies for Parson, hopefully one with the ability to revive him (white magic-type stuff) and not just make him extremely undead.

I doubt that -- sending Bogroll to his doom is part of Parson being confronted with the fact that This Boop Has Consequences. He's come quite a ways from when he thought it was kewl to be playing The Bad Guys, who can be identified by their color-coded "classic evil creatures".
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else Erfworld