An Erfworld Matrix Campaign

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: An Erfworld Matrix Campaign

Postby Daemonwelsh » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:04 am

LT Dave, is that your argument? the placement of those cities?
Daemonwelsh

Postby Nihila » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:03 pm

Risun attacks and destroys Frank's forces in Risun, withdrawing their forces from Andwoidia.
1) Risun's TRADE PARTNERS Escotia and Arkadia both have some NAVIES to assist Risun's COMPETENT NAVY in a rapid withdrawal.
2) Risun's FANATICAL ARMY is infuriated by the thought of enemy (alternatively, heathen) armies being in Risun.
3) Since the Frankish UNMATCHED AIR FORCE moved into Frankia to defend against the Weather Toffs, Risun's EXPERIENCED AIR FORCE is free to conduct raids, encircling actions, etc. against the Frankish field army.
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:39 pm

Uhm, I'd like to throw support to this argument-

WaterMonkey314 wrote:No, actually, ESCORKAND peacekeepers enter the ruined city of Arkadia to provide the Arkadians with succor in their time of most dire need.

1) Arkadia has recently been reduced from a "GRAND CITY" that was level five to a smouldering level one ruin.
2) ESCORKAND's mission is to ultimately prevent the annexation of either side in the Arkadian-Andwoidian conflict, thus justifying its own humanitarian efforts rather than allowing Andwoidian ones to proceed.
3) Escotia has a VAST EMPIRE and BOOMING ECONOMY to fund its humanitarian efforts.

So if possible, a Yes and-> House Ordos provides assistence in reconstructing Arkadia with EXPERIMENTAL DIRTAMANCY items.

1) Ordos' POWERFUL ECONOMY and STRONG MAGIC ITEM production can support the reconstruction effort.
2) The AMIABLE RELATIONS between House Ordos and Arkadia allows, even requires, this course of action.
3) A PROSPEROUS, INDEPENDENT ARKADIA is a better trade partner through Risun's trade network (seeing as how Risun and Andwoidia are at war).

And ya know, I always thought that, if anything, Arkadia was an enclave.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby zilfallon » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:08 pm

Gerardion attacks Queendom of Frank, destroying their SMALL ARMY.

1)Queendom of Frank has a SMALL ARMY.
2)Frank's unmatched fliers are RAIDING RISUN territories.
3)Gerardion has a STRONG GROUND-FORCE.

Also, why can't I see the map? :(
Last edited by zilfallon on Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rkyeun wrote:Roses are red.
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:31 pm

Lt_Dave, I would like to express dismay that the INVINCIBLE NAVY of Escotia is depicted as only one boat rather than a vast armada. :lol:

Otherwise, I very much like the map. :P
WaterMonkey314

Postby Iylzara » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:59 pm

Is it too late to remind people my argument this turn stated my fliers' return?
"Your actions affect so many others than yourself. You will come to realise how little choice you have. You will do what you must, become what you must, or others will pay for your cowardice."
Iylzara

Postby LTDave » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:02 pm

One boat could be invincible. Perhaps you have a "monitor", and all the world's navies are now obsolete. Perhaps not.

Folks, we have two game winning arguments on the table, both involving the balkans of our world, Arkadia.

I'm extending argument time by 24 hours in case anyone wants to change something to counter the annexation of the Munchking's lands.

Also, I'm quite taken with my little map, and am considering running a slightly more detailed campaign using some actual numbers in this world we have created. I'll start a new thread in the new year, and if players are interested, keep an eye out.
LTDave

Postby zilfallon » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:09 am

Iylzara wrote:
Sihoiba wrote:The WeatherToffs send their INDOMITABLE AIRFORCE into The Queendom of Frank's territories and encounter no resistance.

1) The WeatherToffs have scouted out the location of the forces of the other empires.
2) The Queendom of Frank has sold large numbers of it's Flyers and Shockomancers to other sides for MERCENARY WORK.
3) The Queendom of Frank SMALL ARMY and it's remaining flyers are committed to the assault on Risun's territories.

No, actually, the invasion force is caught by a new wave of popping archers and returning fliers and crushed by its superior firepower.

1) The Queendom of Frank has UNMATCHED STATUS fliers (fast enough to return in time to drive the attack away)
2) The Queendom of Frank a TREMENDOUS ECONOMY (To pay for the new units).
3) The Queendom of Frank has MANY SHOCKAMANCERS

I really like that map. I don't know why, its very simple. But I like it.

Your last argument is this (this turn). It doesn't include flyers returning to your lands. And the argument before this one says that your fliers are raiding Risun.
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Shusagi » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:23 am

LTDave wrote:Also, I'm quite taken with my little map, and am considering running a slightly more detailed campaign using some actual numbers in this world we have created. I'll start a new thread in the new year, and if players are interested, keep an eye out.

I was just working on making Andwodian units with the system being used in the upcoming big game with Twoy and the rest. So, even if it's some other system, yes, I'll be keeping an eye out. : )
Shusagi

Postby thetobias » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:59 am

Shusagi wrote:Mr.Roboto of Andwoidia appoints the Munchking of Arkadia as his Chief Warlord and takes over control of Arkadia peacefully.
Reason:
1) Arkadia is a LEVEL ONE CITY that is already a city within Andwoidia, and thus it is illogical for it to be ruled over separately from the rest of Andwoidia (It's only one city, and a level one at that)
2) Andwoidia has a LOYAL ARMY, and as the Arcade is within Andwoidia, its troops are indeed Andwoidian, and too loyal to prevent Andwoidia's actions.
3) Andwoidia and Arkadia are both part of a POWERFUL COALITION (in other words, they're allied) and would benefit greatly due to this arrangement: Andwoidia would gain the skills of a BRILLIANT TACTICIAN, and the Munchking, whose city has nearly been destroyed, will be working with somebody that has a FAVORABLE FATE.

(And of course, the peacekeepers will be quite happy with this peaceful solution)

No actually, the Munchking accepts the offer to become Mr. Roboto's CWL, but assassinates him the moment he gets close to Mr. Roboto.
Reasons:
1) As a "captured" unit the Munchking has a VERY LOW loyalty to Mr. Roboto.
2) The Munchking demands to be given liberty, or death. (or cake, cake is good too)
3) Arkadia's MASTER CLASS FOOLAMANCER will support the Munchking with the assassination because he as LOW LOYALTY towards Mr. Roboto as well.

Oh... Wait... Did I just ruin your plans? :P
thetobias

Postby Daemonwelsh » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:23 pm

good man Tobias.
*cough birdbrain cough*
Daemonwelsh

Postby thetobias » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:21 pm

Daemonwelsh wrote:good man Tobias.
*cough birdbrain cough*

What do you mean "Birdbrain"?
Rather become neutral and take him with me than serve!
thetobias

Postby Daemonwelsh » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:51 pm

thetobias wrote:
Daemonwelsh wrote:good man Tobias.
*cough birdbrain cough*

What do you mean "Birdbrain"?
Rather become neutral and take him with me than serve!

I was referring to you, as Tobias, as well as the Tobias from animorphs...
ALso, good job, I hope your arguement makes it. The munchking is welcome in Dominaria.
Daemonwelsh

Postby thetobias » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:01 pm

I invite you to capture Andwoidia's capital and turn me next turn
thetobias

Postby Shusagi » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:49 pm

thetobias wrote:
Shusagi wrote:Mr.Roboto of Andwoidia appoints the Munchking of Arkadia as his Chief Warlord and takes over control of Arkadia peacefully.
Reason:
1) Arkadia is a LEVEL ONE CITY that is already a city within Andwoidia, and thus it is illogical for it to be ruled over separately from the rest of Andwoidia (It's only one city, and a level one at that)
2) Andwoidia has a LOYAL ARMY, and as the Arcade is within Andwoidia, its troops are indeed Andwoidian, and too loyal to prevent Andwoidia's actions.
3) Andwoidia and Arkadia are both part of a POWERFUL COALITION (in other words, they're allied) and would benefit greatly due to this arrangement: Andwoidia would gain the skills of a BRILLIANT TACTICIAN, and the Munchking, whose city has nearly been destroyed, will be working with somebody that has a FAVORABLE FATE.

(And of course, the peacekeepers will be quite happy with this peaceful solution)

No actually, the Munchking accepts the offer to become Mr. Roboto's CWL, but assassinates him the moment he gets close to Mr. Roboto.
Reasons:
1) As a "captured" unit the Munchking has a VERY LOW loyalty to Mr. Roboto.
2) The Munchking demands to be given liberty, or death. (or cake, cake is good too)
3) Arkadia's MASTER CLASS FOOLAMANCER will support the Munchking with the assassination because he as LOW LOYALTY towards Mr. Roboto as well.

Oh... Wait... Did I just ruin your plans? :P

My argument: 3 attribute-based points. If I win the argument: I win the whole game.
Your argument: One point based on the erfworld comic (1), one point based on personal feelings (2), and one attribute-based point (3). If you win the argument: I'm delayed for a turn or two trying to get Andwoidia back in the game.

Not only are my odds decent (not that great, but with so many counter arguments, when will they ever be?) but I have a higher payoff. So.. No, don't worry, no plans ruined. The game's a gamble by nature. : )
Shusagi

Postby Daemonwelsh » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:33 pm

thetobias wrote:I invite you to capture Andwoidia's capital and turn me next turn

If the game is still going? Can do.
Daemonwelsh

Postby LTDave » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:21 am

Very Strong
Argument Rating Target Roll Result
Mr.Roboto of Andwoidia appoints the Munchking of Arkadia as his Chief Warlord and takes over control of Arkadia peacefully. Rating: Strong Target: 4 Roll: 4 Result: SUCCESS!
Yes, but the Munchking assassinates Mr Roboto the moment he gets close to him. Rating: Weak Target: 2 Roll: 2 Result: SUCCESS!
No, actually, ESCORKAND peacekeepers enter the ruined city of Arkadia to provide the Arkadians with succor in their time of most dire need.
Yes and-> Arkadia is reconstructed with EXPERIMENTAL DIRTAMANCY items. Rating: Strong Target: 4 Roll: 1 Result: SUCCESS!
Dominaria compresses excess materials into INDOMITABLE BRICKS with its urza-tron-ness. Rating: Weak Target: 2 Roll: 2 Result: SUCCESS!
Gerardion attacks Queendom of Frank, destroying their SMALL ARMY. Rating: Strong Target: 4 Roll: 1 Result: SUCCESS!
The WeatherToffs send their INDOMITABLE AIRFORCE into The Queendom of Frank's territories and encounter no resistance. Rating: Strong Target: 4 Roll: 3 Result: SUCCESS!
No, actually, the invasion force is caught by a new wave of popping archers and returning fliers and crushed by its superior firepower. Rating: Normal Target: 3 Roll: 1 Result: SUCCESS!
Risun attacks and destroys Frank's forces in Risun, withdrawing their forces from Andwoidia. Rating: Strong Target: 4 Roll: 4 Result: SUCCESS!

Round 2 - Competing Arguments
Mr.Roboto of Andwoidia appoints the Munchking of Arkadia as his Chief Warlord and takes over control of Arkadia peacefully. Rating: Strong Target: 4 Roll: 6 Result: FAILURE.
Yes, but the Munchking assassinates Mr Roboto the moment he gets close to him. Rating: Weak Target: 2 Roll: 5 Result: FAILURE.
No, actually, ESCORKAND peacekeepers enter the ruined city of Arkadia to provide the Arkadians with succor in their time of most dire need.
Yes and-> Arkadia is reconstructed with EXPERIMENTAL DIRTAMANCY items. Rating: Strong Target: 4 Roll: 4 Result: SUCCESS!
The WeatherToffs send their INDOMITABLE AIRFORCE into The Queendom of Frank's territories and encounter no resistance. Rating: Strong Target: 4 Roll: 3 Result: SUCCESS!
No, actually, the invasion force is caught by a new wave of popping archers and returning fliers and crushed by its superior firepower. Rating: Normal Target: 3 Roll: 1 Result: SUCCESS!

Round 3 - Competing Arguments
No, actually, the invasion force is caught by a new wave of popping archers and returning fliers and crushed by its superior firepower. Rating: Normal Target: 3 Roll: 3 Result: SUCCESS!

Round 4 - Competing Arguments
No, actually, the invasion force is caught by a new wave of popping archers and returning fliers and crushed by its superior firepower. Rating: Normal Target: 3 Roll: 2 Result: SUCCESS!

Round 5 - Competing Arguments
The WeatherToffs send their INDOMITABLE AIRFORCE into The Queendom of Frank's territories and encounter no resistance. Rating: Strong Target: 4 Roll: 1 Result: SUCCESS!

Round 6 - Competing Arguments
The WeatherToffs send their INDOMITABLE AIRFORCE into The Queendom of Frank's territories and encounter no resistance. Rating: Strong Target: 4 Roll: 4 Result: SUCCESS!
No, actually, the invasion force is caught by a new wave of popping archers and returning fliers and crushed by its superior firepower. Rating: Normal Target: 3 Roll: 2 Result: SUCCESS!

Round 7 - Competing Arguments
The WeatherToffs send their INDOMITABLE AIRFORCE into The Queendom of Frank's territories and encounter no resistance. Rating: Strong Target: 4 Roll: 6 Result: FAILURE.
No, actually, the invasion force is caught by a new wave of popping archers and returning fliers and crushed by its superior firepower. Rating: Normal Target: 3 Roll: 5 Result: FAILURE.

And, hotdog, we have a wiener!

Escotian forces have entered Arkadia (with the assistance of House Ordos).

Escotia controls two capitals, and their vast empire is now even vaster. Congrats to Watermonkey314, and thanks to all players for taking part in this little experiment.
LTDave

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:51 am

:lol: Awwwwch.

Anyways, well done Watermonkey314!

One question to LtDave: you said you wanted to use that map you made for a more "numeric" campaign, and I was wondering if perhaps we could join efforts, in the sense that I'd run a game based on that TBfOddworld(x2) ruleset, on that map.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby zilfallon » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:40 pm

WOW, i didn't even notice that Watermonkey tried a game-winning argument...

I thought that Escotian troops were just garrisoning in the Arcade to help defend the city, good job concealing it :D
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Nihila » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:42 pm

Well, the play is done, so I must applaud.

And gratuitously quote Roman emperors. Congratulations to WaterMonkey and happy new year to all!
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games