Re: Book 2 – Page 50

Postby askafroa » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:55 pm

The Cure :lol:
askafroa

Postby Rakullu1 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:56 pm

1. I love Ossomer's Face.
2. Jack Lol'd
3. Can someone explain the names on the scroll to me?
Rakullu1

Postby Alucinor » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:00 pm

Rakullu1 wrote:2. Jack Lol'd
3. Can someone explain the names on the scroll to me?

Three of the founding members of The Cure were Laurence "Lol" Tolhurst, Michael "Mick" Dempsey, and Robert Smith.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_cure
Alucinor

Postby -D- » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:01 pm

Thanks, Rob. Have a great new Year.
-D-
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Vorteks » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:04 pm

Healed by the one she would have croaked to save a healomancy scroll. Very appropriate.
Vorteks
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Fug » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:05 pm

Given that all surviving dwagons are yellow, pink or purple and that there are no croaked pink or purple dwagons I'll renew my argument that only the weaker types of dwagons, pink, yellow and purple, cannot carry heavy riders and that the stronger types can. If there were croaked purple or pinks it is possible that they simply did not have enough hobgowins to fill them all.

I think this is why Maggie gaped that the jetstone capital was many dwagon relays away when Parson announced he was heading there and then followed up by saying it isn't their turn and he is a garrison unit. If he couldn't travel on dwagon relay she would have mentioned it as a reason he could not go. I would speculate that strong dwagons can carry either one heavy unit or two light units. I'll admit its not clear if strong dwagon types could carry one heavy and one light unit or I would expect Jack, Wanda and Sylvia to each share their mount with a hobgobwin. Also, I hope Sylvia survived! Hope the archers don't kill everyone that survived! Also is that a decrypted healer elf hiding behind the croaked blue dwagon in the fourth to last panel? Their behives look a lot like helmets. Great update!

* late edit* although it does look like a red dwagon survived long enough to gets its head lopped off (or had its head lopped off as part of harvest and was later in falling than most) in the second to last panel (and that this might be the fate of the yellow dwagon in the seventh panel). Not very much (any?) dust? Maybe most of GK's units survived the fall?

What a great update!
Last edited by Fug on Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:42 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Fug

Postby Hiai » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:06 pm

Dear Rob and Xin,

For many moons I have been reading this comic and loving it. The artwork has been amazing, of course, but mainly I just love the gripping story. The way we truly care about the characters. It is a great example of what every good storyteller strives for. So, with this new comic up, the last of 2010, and the grin on my face as I watch Jack cast a spell-scroll...

I just want to say thank you. Thank you for the entertainment, the emotional involvement, and all the effort, and, no doubt, ulcers, put into this work. All the complaints you are forced to address, all the stress you put up with...I am sorry on your behalf for those. But know that your work, your creative endeavors, are truly appreciated, and I count my Tool membership fee a very tiny price to pay for having the privilege of sharing your vision. Like any truly creative work, your art has a transformative effect on those who experience it, and we all walk away changed from the person we were into the person we are now.

I love you guys! Keep up the great work, and have a less frustrating, more productive, much healthier, and extremely prosperous 2011. Happy New Year!

P.S. And thank all of you fellow Tools (and Tools at heart) for sharing your reactions and feelings about this comic, as well. Sharing an experience with others intensifies it, and I appreciate the opportunity to do so with you via these forums. Best wishes to you all this New Year as well!
Hiai

Postby Goshen » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:12 pm

I second everything Hiai said. Great update.
Goshen

Postby President_Allosaurus » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:15 pm

President_Allosaurus

Postby CaesarVH » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:31 pm

awsome.

....Legen... wait for it.... I hope none of you are lactose intolerant 'cause here it comes.........

DARY!!!

thank you for yet another amazing year of what I consider to be the best webcomic out there!
CaesarVH

Postby KiltedNinja » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:33 pm

I'll second Goshen and third Hiai - Everything I would say if I had patience and eloquence.

I love how Ossomer has a total "I dunno wtf's going on" expression - I'm guessing he wasn't party to any real plans incase of possible turning? Also liking the Dupe spell.. I take it it's a 'Total Recall Hologram' type deal - nicely done also - looked like Wanda was a bout to kick the bucket.

Good luck with the move Rob, thanks for all your and Xin's efforts to bring us this very nice end to a very nice year (and in true Rob Balder style.. always leaving us wanting more :D)

Happy holidays folks ;)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
...I'm still holding out for the Arkenoid...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
KiltedNinja
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby slb » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:36 pm

Thanks Rob and Xin for this end of year update :)

Back to the story all is going according to the plan :) Good reaction from Tram about the volleys, how the fallen will survive that though ? DUN DUN DUN
slb
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby effataigus » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:41 pm

slb wrote:Thanks Rob and Xin for this end of year update :)

Back to the story all is going according to the plan :) Good reaction from Tram about the volleys, how the fallen will survive that though ? DUN DUN DUN

Aye, thanks Rob and Xin indeed! Best in 2011 to you two and to the forumites alike!

And... and poor Tramennis :| . He seems to be doing brilliant things, but just one step out of synch with the brutal reality of Parson and Jack. I don't blame him, mind you, in fact I'm very glad that he is back on his feet after his moment of panic, but lo... it looks from the pictures as though the only person he's going to hit with his volley towards Wanda's dwagon is poor noble Antium.
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Postby Kyrt » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:45 pm

Vorteks wrote:Healed by the one she would have croaked to save a healomancy scroll. Very appropriate.

Yes...but whats interesting is Trams response.

Quick on the uptake, he's ordered an attack on the atrium. Now...the question I have is....does this count as the archers attack? Are Ossomer and the Archons left in the airspace now safe for another turn?
Kyrt
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Fug » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:56 pm

Kyrt wrote:
Vorteks wrote:Healed by the one she would have croaked to save a healomancy scroll. Very appropriate.

Quick on the uptake, he's ordered an attack on the atrium. Now...the question I have is....does this count as the archers attack? Are Ossomer and the Archons left in the airspace now safe for another turn?

Ohhhh. . . . I didn't notice there are already arrows headed down in the second to last panel! I wonder where the dittomancer is? Seems like this is his best use but he is nowhere in site? Looks like Jack and Wanda won't get hit this volley but pink dwagon and its rider in the second to last panel are probably toast.
Fug

Postby Sieggy » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:05 pm

Whoo-ha! What a page to end the year on! And . . . poor Ossomer . . . I wonder if he's horrified because of what has just been done, or what he's about to do? And I love that it was Jack who sent Duke Antium over to dupe a decoy. I'm surprised that Jack is dropping his veil while casting the scroll, though it might be part of da Rulz that he has to. But he certainly seems amused by the way things are going.

Though it looks like Trem is catching on quickly! Except that from the looks of things, fire is being directed onto the decoy, and Duke Stumpy is about to be finished off by friendly fire. Oh, well . . .

Now, the big question is whether or not having GK forces in the Atrium permits the Archons to begin their attack. Right now, Trem and the archers are focused on the Atrium, which means they're wide open to a flanking attack . . .

Happy New Year to all, may the next year be an improvement on the last, and may your holiday pounds shed easily . . .
The Truth Will Set You Free. But First It Will Piss You Off.
Sieggy

Postby Whispri » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:10 pm

Oh good, she yet lives. Justice indeed.

Pity the poor Decrypt who's going to turn to dust for want of a certain healing scroll though.

Kyrt wrote:Quick on the uptake, he's ordered an attack on the atrium. Now...the question I have is....does this count as the archers attack? Are Ossomer and the Archons left in the airspace now safe for another turn?

He's far too slow on the uptake, it's too late. Attackwise, I'd imagine the archers can shoot as many different targets as they have arrows. Still, the Archons have Foolamancy and are a low priority target what with Wanda about to do what Croakamancers have been doing since the Erf was founded.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Infidel » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:19 pm

Awesome.

I love how Jack is once again the master of distraction and misdirection before he even bothers to use a foolmancy spell. By the time he's done distracting and misdirecting, no one is going to pierce his veil.

I love the art of Jack in the final panel.
Who is that beautiful red-headed devil,
Stabs you in the heart so that she can level?
It's Scarlet!
- BC
Infidel
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Dark Exodus » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:27 pm

It is pages like this that make me glad I finally signed up to be a Tool.
Dark Exodus
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Next

Return to Reactions