Summer Updates - 007

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Summer Updates - 007

Postby elrod13 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:01 pm

To briefly return to the question of Bogroll: I'm still hoping that he "regenerates" somehow.
Yes, I know his loss is supposed to be a sign of permenancy of loss. It's a freaking comic. If we can have flying Dwagons, (WITH a a "W"), we can have Bogroll return. Or not. It is after all, a comic.
It will still be fun to see how Vinnie and the princess deal with all this.
elrod13

Postby Darkside007 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:05 am

parson4president wrote:Charlie is a mercenery and the best one around. He follows the money and the advantage. When he saw that GK was goin to hold its own he decided to take advantage and talk with hamster even though his troops were engaged with GK. Now that GK is the powerhouse Charlie will want to offer his services and always be on the strong side till it looks grim and back off. He never gets too invested in one customer or side and dosent care if they win or lose as long as at the end of the day he is still in charge of his kingdom and a little richer. If GK can get Stanley's head out of his own boop they will side with Charlie and use his advantage to move on toward dominance. Then worry about the sleeping beast that is CharlesinCharge when he is the only problem left or he decides to start something himself

Would you hire someone who, when he's hired to defeat you, actively sabotages his current side so that he can gain? It'd be safer to kill him with a fight than put him on your side, even for free. If he hadn't backstabbed the RCC before the pass ambush, the RCC would've killed Stanley and ended the war. (As it stood without the Archons, they almost killed Stanley.) What'd he do it for? To see if Parson was as smart as he thought he was, and worth capturing.

Additionally, this seems to be the very first time Charlie's gotten his teeth kicked in, and we haven't heard from him at all since the Volcano, so he may not be open to a deal anymore.
Darkside007

Postby moose o death » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:14 am

it's the first turn since the battle, it's not charlescomm's turn.

to the point, the archons couldn't switch to fighting ground forces when ansom got knocked down, so he had to defend himself. while they fetched his carpet.

still i have no faith in charles doing anything retaliatory, seems like it's a waste of resources in every plausible way. he wants parson or at least the mathamancy item, gobwin knob now has not only his decrypted forces but all of the rcc troops as well.

this is assuming he's bright enough to scout first.

but he's going to find thousands of troops a level 5 city with higher level defence bonuses, a large force of archons AND dwagons AND it's likely the Dwagons will have plentiful warlords mounted to add further multipliers. it would be like running a kindergarten class of kids armed with airsoft guns into an actual military camp.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby raphfrk » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:53 am

moose o death wrote:still i have no faith in charles doing anything retaliatory, seems like it's a waste of resources in every plausible way. he wants parson or at least the mathamancy item,

So maybe he contacts Stanley through the eyebook with an offer to buy Parson for say 15 million. He may look at the battle as losses that won't be recovered by retaliation, so no point in getting angry. If he can't take Parson by force, he might as well make an offer. Would Stanley realise that Parson is worth more than that. Ofc, if Sizemore hadn't found the gems, Charlie would be in a better bargaining position.
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby moose o death » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:28 am

to be honest i'd be quite happy with that happening. parsonis then back off of the seemingly invincible team using his wits to overcomes the odds again. i kind of expected parson to leave GK forces when sizemore was croaked/disbanded. i like the idea of parson one day having to choose between winning or killing a friend and sizemore would be that friend.

don't get me wrong i like sizemore, but never let that get in the way of a good story.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Previous

Return to Reactions