Erfworld Game Revived?

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Would you be interested to take part in this game?

Yes (as a player)
58%
Yes (as a GM)
4%
Yes (as a player or GM)
38%
I might be joining it later on if it runs good.
No votes

Total votes : 24

Re: Erfworld Game Revived?

Postby thetobias » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:49 pm

Sir Shadow, feel free to join by and create a side or Titan, the more the merrier! :D
thetobias

Postby Iylzara » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:21 pm

This... Interests me, but I find the wealth of information a bit... Bewildering.
"Your actions affect so many others than yourself. You will come to realise how little choice you have. You will do what you must, become what you must, or others will pay for your cowardice."
Iylzara

Postby Nihila » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:45 pm

thetobias wrote:Ok, unless someone volunteers to create a whole magic system in what...oh.. one week? I'm saying we'll use DarkArbiters rules for casters and Ehbobo's spellbook.
I'll suggest a little something on Scrolls--thetobias, can you give this a +/-?:

"Casters (not units with Limited Casting Abilities) can create scrolls by expending 2* the Juice cost of the Spell that is put into the Scroll in Juice, as well as expending the Juice cost of the Spell in Schmuckers. So, a Spell with a normal Juice cost of 30 would cost 60 Juice and 30 Schmuckers to create. The Schmuckers can be drawn from a city's treasury or the purse of any unit in the Caster's hex, but the Schmuckers must be in the hex to be used to create the Scroll."
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby Squeejee » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:33 pm

@Iylzara: If it helps, I've collected all of the rules documents here to make them easier to reference.

Hmm, and what about complex scrolls bought from the Magic Kingdom? These are rough, because the only prices we have to go on are from the very beginning, but here I go...

For scrolls bought from NPC sources, a price modifier of 1.75x the normal Schmucker cost of the scroll is applied. If the scroll contains tricaster magic, an additional x1000 modifier is added to the base cost of the scroll. Tricaster scrolls require either the appropriate linkup to cast, or a spellcaster that has the ability to cast all the magic forms required, as per the rules for caster with the ability to cast outside their discipline. Sides without an appropriate caster to work with a scroll they have acquired can usually hire a barbarian caster from the Magic Kingdom for 5000 Schmuckers per level of the spell to cast it - but as they are not fully-fledged mercenaries under your command, they will not perform any other actions and will immediately flee/turn if their stack is engaged by hostile forces. Purchasing a tricaster link to cast the scroll runs 150,000 Schmuckers, reflecting the added costs of a group of Thinkamancers who will unravel the link very carefully after the spell is cast - the Magic Kingdom's health plan is very generous, blame the Hippiemancers.

Casters with the ability to cast outside their discipline may or may not be available in the Magic Kingdom for hire, but their services are much more expensive than hiring a single caster mercenary because of simple supply-and-demand. As such, they will have to be haggled with as NPCs, but will usually not like to undercut the Kingdom's prices or risk being ostracized for it.

It is important to note that the going scroll-casting rates of the Magic Kingdom are not equivalent to hiring caster barbarians as mercenaries - those deals are made personally, and are usually much more long-term than a one-time visit from a bunch of casters to make your new magic work.

EXAMPLE: The "Summon Perfect Warlord" spell, a Findamancy/Lookamancy type, was determined by the Titans to run 200 Juice for a casting, thus the scroll for it cost ((200*1000)*1.75) = 350,000 Schmuckers. Wanda was able to cast it by virtue of being in the 1% of casters with the ability to cast from any school of magic.[/b]
Squeejee

Postby Twoy » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:12 pm

Nihila wrote:Also, to create my side, do I just post units & fluff?

Do we post units and side info, or is some of the info going to be "unknown" until the opponents find out about it?

I think I will be making a side tomorrow. I'm set up in the hotel with my wife's laptop.

Are the rules close enough to finished that I can set up my side without having to redo everything if you make a major change?
Twoy

Postby Nihila » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:42 pm

@Twoy:
We've started signing up on the NewErf Forums: here.

The unknowns would be Natural Allies/Tamed Beasts.
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby thetobias » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:28 pm

They are. If a change is made all sides will be balanced.
thetobias

Postby Premonitious » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:03 am

Has anybody thought of the idea of turning what rules we have into a pdf or a google doc so that it's easier to spread the word?
Premonitious

Postby HerbieRai » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:55 am

They are all google docs (links are all in one spot on the new erf forum).

We may change it into a pdf later, but right now there are too many changes being done.
HerbieRai

Postby thetobias » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:40 pm

*bump*

We're going to need one more active Titan to get the game running.
thetobias

Postby Shusagi » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:10 am

I would've joined as a Titan earlier if I thought there were still spots left. I've been sitting by trying to decide if I want to join as a player or not, but only because I thought the titan spots were full. If I'd known you needed more I would've jumped in right away. Will my inexperience be an issue?
Shusagi

Postby Twoy » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:32 am

Shusagi wrote:I would've joined as a Titan earlier if I thought there were still spots left. I've been sitting by trying to decide if I want to join as a player or not, but only because I thought the titan spots were full. If I'd known you needed more I would've jumped in right away. Will my inexperience be an issue?

Woohoo! Sign up at http://newerf.ephpbb.com/sign-up-f8/
Twoy

Postby thetobias » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:13 am

Please do, your inexperience won't be an issue, if you have any problems there are 2 other nice Titans who will answer them :)
thetobias

Postby OmegaSift » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:46 pm

I would love to play. Not sure how I would go about doing that, but very yes.
OmegaSift

Postby thetobias » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:27 am

then please join us @ newerf.ephpbb.com
thetobias

Postby Twoy » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:48 pm

Turn 1:
Starting Shmuckers: 0
Income: +600
Upkeep: -30
High King Peter: Designate Mine (5 turns left).
Caer Paravel: Produce Scout (1 turn left).
Ending Shmuckers: 600
End Turn

Turn 2:
Starting Shmuckers: 600
Caer Paravel Pop: Scout 1.
Income: +600.
Upkeep: -30.
High King Peter: Designate Mine (4 turns left), Order Scout 1 to move 1 south and circle the city clockwise in an ever widening spiral.
Caer Paravel: Produce Dwarf (2 turns left).
Ending Shmuckers: 1,170
End Turn.
Twoy

Postby Twoy » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:27 pm

Just sent turns 11-15 for the pre-beta test game.

At the end of turn 15 I have one level 3 capital and nothing else.

Edit: High King Peter is now level 2.
Last edited by Twoy on Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twoy

Postby Shusagi » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:45 am

Just waiting on thetobias' 11-15 at the moment.
Shusagi

Postby Nihila » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:36 am

Just a quick question for the people in the beta test:

Do you have to build a capital, or do you start with it?
Nihila

Postby Twoy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:36 pm

You have to build it.
Twoy

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games