effataigus wrote:This is getting confusing with all of the different questions in play. I haven't paid enough attention to this topic during my reading of the comic. Here are the questions I've seen in the forum... do we have firm evidence that gives us an answer to any of the following?:
1. Do multiple warlords in the same stack have leadership bonuses that stack for each other?
Speculation in italics... hrm, seems silly, but it would account for all of the warlord stacks we've seen, also how Ansom+Jillian+Vinnie+archons kicked so much dwagon butt. Would have been better to have a full warlord stack in the Caesar/Bat/Dwagon/Stanley fight though, no? Also, begs the question of why this isn't the *only* tactic used.
2. Is there a size limit on stacks?
Random rules regarding max stack size being related to the size of the units involved would account for a lot of observations... why bats, why not heavies....
3a. Does CWL leadership bonus stack with local leadership bonus or is the higher value used?
If these two types of leadership do not stack at all, then it only makes sense to have really low level warlords leading stacks to allow that stack to be ordered about and to level up your warlords.
3b. If it does stack, does CWL's bonus apply twice when the leader of a stack is the CWL?
Seems unlikely that it stacks twice. If it does, then Ansom and units in his stack should have had 28 just from leadership and Wanda, not to mention any stack bonus or base attack... keeping in mind that other units in his stack had 30 total. If it doesn't stack twice, is that just because it's Ansom leading the stack? If this is the case, then it would make more sense to have another warlord leading your CWL's stack.
4. Is stack bonus 1 for 1 until you have 8 units, or are there diminishing returns on that?
Hmm, 8=2^3... wouldn't be surprised if max stack bonus was 3...
5. What is a warlord's base attack? Around how much is this typically?
1. See my previous post on why I feel that such bonuses do stack for each other, at least partially. As to why this is not the favorite tactic, easy: Warlords are EXPENSIVE
2. No size limit mentioned, but benefits (apart from "more meat-shields") max out at 8 units.
3. a) I believe a CWL is automatically in charge of any stack he is part of and his is the primary bonus used. As for other warlords in the stack, see no. 1
3.b) No, it does not apply twice. That, I believe, is fact.
4. No clue.
5. Again, not much clue. It could be as low as regular infantry, but most likely elite infantry. Royals are slightly tougher. Remember, a Warlord's bonus applies to himself, so their base stats need not be high for them to do a lot of damage. This also explains why low-level warlords are easy to kill (remember Wrigley's last act).